it was an accident (at first)

and we're never gonna slow down

                When Seungyoun meets Wenhan, he kisses him. It’s a complete and total accident, though, he swears.

                It all starts on a Saturday morning.  His watch reads 10:12 AM. He’s going to be late – again. He isn’t sure why Yibo still puts up with his constant failure to be punctual, but it probably has something to do with the fact that he never paid the younger back for his bus fare expenses (all sixteen times he’d forgotten his money). He quickens his pace as he turns a corner, all but running, then comes to an abrupt and involuntarily halt when he runs into a solid body.

                Seungyoun pitches forward, bringing whoever he just collided with down with him, and lands over the stranger. But that wasn’t the end of it, no. With some extraordinary luck (or lack of), their lips crash together painfully. Seungyoun yelps and rolls sideways off the person, sits up quickly, and jumps to his feet.

              “Oh, gosh, I am so sorry!” he says shrilly, offering a hand to help the stranger up. “You’re okay, right? Jeez, I’m so sorry-“ He breaks off when the stranger shakes his head and looks at him. “I-…”

                Ba-dum, goes his heart.

                God dammit, Seungyoun, not again, he thinks to himself.

                “Thanks – no, it’s okay, I’m fine,” the stranger – the heart-stoppingly gorgeous stranger – says, though he seems a little flustered.  

                Dark hair, swept low across his forehead, full lips, bright eyes, perfect face – Seungyoun almost takes off at that point, if only so he doesn’t die of a heart attack then and there. In fact, when the stranger opens his mouth to speak again, he does take off, and doesn’t stop until he’s at the café he’s supposed to meet Yibo at, heart thumping wildly.

                He always did get his heart stuck on people easily.

 


 

               The second time they meet, a week later, Seungyoun is a little drunk. He doesn’t think Wenhan minds, though.

                After all, if he minded, he wouldn’t be smiling so much with every word they exchange, right? Seungyoun thinks Wenhan – he just found out that was his name – might have said something funny, so he lets out a loud laugh. It seems about right.

                His watch reads 10:12 PM. He should really be going home; he has to get up early tomorrow for soccer practice.

                But Wenhan’s hair is light and orange-tinged now, part off-center and fringe almost over his left eye, and Seungyoun finds it very nice, especially in the low lighting of the bar, wants to keep looking at it. Something occurs suddenly to him, and he tilts his head, says, “Did that count as a kiss when I fell on you?”

                Wenhan blinks, then laughs. “So you do remember. Thought you didn’t recognize me.” He shrugs. “I don’t think so. I hope not. Well, I mean, I’ve seen worse, but…” He trails off, eyebrows knitting together, when Seungyoun leans forward.

                “Let’s do a better one then,” he suggests.

                Okay, so maybe he’s more than a little drunk.

                “Uh…” Wenhan glances around, a mix of amusement of awkwardness in his expression. “Here, um, how about this, I’ll give you my phone number. You call me tomorrow if you’re still up for that, when you’re properly sober, ‘kay?”

                Seungyoun only really hears “phone number” and “call me tomorrow”, but he nods compliantly and pulls out his phone for Wenhan to enter his number into a new contact. When he finishes, he pockets the cell and grins at him. “I should go home now,” he declares.

                “Yeah, you should,” Wenhan agrees. “You have a ride, right?” There’s concern in his voice; it kind of flatters Seungyoun, that he’s worrying about the drunk eighteen year old he barely knows who wants to kiss him.

                “Mmhm. Sungjoo’ll pick me up if I convince Yibo,” Seungyoun says confidently. He almost drops his phone when he takes it out to call his friend, but he doesn’t think Wenhan saw it.

                Yibo yells at him a little bit (“Good luck trying to kick a ball around when you want to throw up tomorrow, hyung-“) but agrees to call Sungjoo to get him eventually. Seungyoun flashes Wenhan a triumphant grin when he hangs up. “Told youuu,” he drawls. Wenhan just rolls his eyes.

                Seungyoun realizes Yibo is right, the next morning, but he thinks it was worth seeing Wenhan again.

 


 

                Seungyoun is pretty sure the whole “third time’s the charm” thing is right, because the third time he meets Wenhan is the most ideal.

                They end the date with a hesitant kiss. It’s nothing special – the entire day was nothing really special, just the typical first date things – but Seungyoun’s entire body is trembling afterwards, and the grin on his face forms itself.

                “See you next week, right?” he asks. He’s shy, now of all times, fingers lacing together behind his back.

                “Sure.” Wenhan smiles warmly at him, then with a wave of his hand gets back into his car. “Call me.”

                Seungyoun has the strange instinct to ask Wenhan to kiss him again, but he silently curses at his seventh-grader-with-a-crush heart and just gives Wenhan a thumbs-up. “Definitely.”

                He’s still there when the light from Wenhan’s car has already vanished, just standing on the lawn of the dorm building, almost unable to believe what just happened: he went on a date with Li Wenhan, twenty year old swimmer and singer he first met last week by ways of collision.

                His watch reads 8:49 PM. He shakes himself out of his Wenhan-induced trance and goes inside.

 


 

                Fast forward to about a year and a half later, and Seungyoun is kissing Wenhan with vigor, with no regard for whatever’s on the kitchen table. He narrowly misses knocking the plates and leftovers off as he and Wenhan stagger across the room to come to a jerking stop at the wall. Wenhan deepens the kiss, arms pinning Seungyoun against the wall, lips driving any coherent thoughts from Seungyoun’s head.

                “Stupid,” Wenhan laughs breathlessly into his mouth. “Should have told me you were coming.”

                Seungyoun squirms and grins mischievously. “Wouldn’t have gotten this kind of welcome if I had.” Wenhan doesn’t dignify that with a response, opting instead to continue kissing the air out of Seungyoun’s lungs.

                When they’re finally calmed down, cuddled up close on the couch, some cheesy k-drama on the TV, Seungyoun pecks Wenhan on the cheek and mumbles, “I really like you.”

                “Me too,” Wenhan murmurs back with a smile in his voice.

                Seungyoun can think of few other moments when he’s been happier than he is now.

 


 

                At some point, double dates become a thing. Seungyoun doesn’t know if he likes it more like this or not.

                Sungjoo dotes over Yibo so much Seungyoun wants to gag, but the eyeball-daggers Yibo shoots his way in between affectionate looks at Sungjoo makes him stop himself. Wenhan laughs silently at his dilemma (even though it’s not like he’s much better) the whole time.

                The four of them go everywhere in town over the course of a few weekends, starting with the amusement park and ending the list with downtown, where they almost lose track of Wenhan. Luckily, it’s not too hard to find him again, since they’re all rather tall. Seungyoun grasps the older’s hand tightly after that as they weave through the crowd, much to Wenhan’s amusement and embarrassment.

                Seungyoun knows his insistence for them to hold hands all the time annoys Wenhan very slightly, but he’s dealt with it for almost two years. He knows Wenhan doesn’t really mind.

                Besides, it makes him feel safer. Wenhan knows that, he thinks. It’s the reason he lets him keep doing it.

 


 

                Seungyoun realizes after four years that he loves Li Wenhan.

                The best part about it all, though, is that Li Wenhan loves him back.

 


 

// 1300 words

 

A/N: i'm actually kind of proud of myself for this! took me about an hour to write (it's un-beta'd, so i apologize for any mistakes), and i finished it for once! i have a bad habit of never finishing my fics <____<

don't be surprised if you see me writing some bojoo later, they're probably my favorite uniq pairing...

i'm sorry for the lack of yixuan though, HE'S MY BIAS AND I LOVE HIM BUT I COULDN'T FIND A WAY TO SLIP HIM IN 

next time, i promise!

anyways, thanks for reading! a comment would make my day, ngl.

<3