I Promise You

I Promise You

      

 

She went up the lonely stairs and walked straight into the gym, only to see it was all dark and silence, indicating that none was there at the very moment. Sighing as she stepped near the counter on her side, she flicked the lights to open and serve her some guidance through the black, dark space. Next, she curved her lips upwards into a small thin beam as she eyed all the appliances there as she scanned the whole space, remembering all the memories and roles they played within her life, good or bad.

 

The gym was long closed, out of service for six months now, but she came and stayed every leisure time she had, she cleaned and did her routines as always. And as she spotted the dumbbells and some weights laying there motionless at the right corner of the room, she mindlessly walked her feet there, forgetting on her bag which she placed on the counter before, ignoring the buzz and sounds that was coming from her phone. Arriving towards the desired spot of hers, she sat onto the bench there and finally her tears were off, again and freely as she was no longer concerning on what will the others think of her eyes the next she stepped out of the place or met with the others.

 

She curled up the bench with her head tucked closely atop of her knees while for her arms to wrap around almost immediately, with her long-shoulder length tresses fell onto one side, curtaining her tears away. Her eyes roamed around the room once again, falling into another depth of memories as she witness the used appliances that were surrounding her. The weights and dumbbells that near her, the treadmill across her current spot, the punching bag and some other boxing equipment that she remembered placed on another side of the square made her cringed into a crybaby as she buried herself more, tighter even that the wrapped across the legs almost suffocating her form.

 

She won’t forget that day, that event, that moment, where the man of her life almost being taken away from her completely. If only he ever heard of her advices to be aware of his own equipment and stuffs, and not to play and exercise everything blindly, he would notice how worn out had the treadmill’s running pad and how the punching bag or that small mitten needed some changing for their covers, or maybe then he’ll realize how the electrical supplies of the room had gone on-off for quite some time. “They’re almost worn out, oppa. Don’t forget to call in your trainer and the electrician soon, this place needs some fixing,” but all he did is to laugh and promise her though she knew it was meaningless.

 

She would call them herself but for once, she wanted to put her trust and faith into him, and oh- she was damn frustrated the next she knew upon the news that this small gym of his had caught on a fire while he was trapped inside. She was blaming herself, she hated on herself and very soon, when she saw him lifeless with some scars and burns patched across his skin, her mind went blank like always and she was back to her introverted self. She worked herself like a robot, emotionless and without stopping, putting everything onto her shoulders to bear up alone. She knew him in and out, yet she dared herself to believe in his empty promises.

 

Not that his promises were all empty and un-attending but she knew which promise will be forgotten by him and which will he attend so willingly, just from his glances, just from his words, just from his acts, she’ll know it at an instance so she couldn’t help but only to blame herself when the news arrived her then. She should just call them herself and asked them herself, making those appointments on his name all by herself despite her schedules and busyness but no, she just had to let everything off when she knew that the mighty and powerful Commander of Sparta was not really mighty and powerful when all he needs was the Ace, the only rose among the thorns to brighten up his life, to color up his world.

 

She didn’t realize on how long had she stayed in that position but as she stopped and tried to get up, she felt the stiffness over her nape and body- and damn it’s really hurt. Standing up onto her feet, she eyed herself who was inside the vanity mirror that was around the room by the wall. Bloated face, dark-circles under her eyes, swelling even, traces of dried tears added there, lips bleeding as she bit it to sniffle down any sobs or sounds, but what surprised her the most was the presence of another person at her back, one that was so familiar to her and him; their brother, Lee Gwangsoo.

 

“Noona, why aren’t you picking up my call?” he diverged her attention from her messed-up appearance, and she loved him for that, thankful even because she hated when one to witness her breakdown and he knew that little fact. So brushing off her misery away, and tidying up her appearance a bit, she stared into the mirror, right into his eyes, “My phone was on the counter Gwangsoo-ah, what’s wrong? What sends you here?” she asked him nonchalantly, as she grabbed the broom by its stick, signifying the other that she needed to do her routine, and she didn’t need any companion by now.

 

Gwangsoo walked near her and thanked to his long legs, he arrived by her side just in a few strides, “He won’t like to know that you’re becoming a mess for him noona,” before taking away the broom and leaned it back to its place as before. He grabbed the girl by her shoulder and wiped away the tears (as if they were still there), before pulling her for a hug and let her cried for another batch, “Cry noona, we’d promised hyung that we’ll take a good care of you so know that you won’t be alone, we’re all here, for you and for him,” thus she cried again, and this time she was no longer alone, she felt safe there in that arms, although it wasn’t what she wanted by then, period.

 

Soon later, she patted off his back lightly, as if saying that she was fine, as he let his hug went loose but with his left stilled over her shoulder, he brushed away the lone, rolling tear on her left cheek. They were sitting down by now as he guided her fragile form to sit back onto the bench when she cried shamelessly inside his arms. “You’re not alone noona, never, we’re family remember?” he said once again and she nodded in response as the silent environment engulfed in their place comfortably. Calming down from her ups of the sudden emotions, she shifted away and eyed the lanky man, “What brings you here?”

 

And as he was remembering something, he knuckled up his temple by himself before letting out the words, “Maybe you need to refresh a bit before meeting him noona-” “What?” he smiled warmly at her cute expression of confusion before continuing, “He’s waking up and he’s been searching for you since then”. And she sat there speechless, blank and silent from his sudden information, “He is noona, now go- he’s waiting,” he urged her to get up and push her a bit to trigger her and as the assurance settled in her mind, she went up and hugged the tall actor, thanking him for everything before breaking out into a complete run.

 

She ran non-stop, not giving a care on the passer-by that she ran off, not giving a care on the new tears that formed across her face, not giving a care of the pain within her leg muscles for the sudden refugee, until she arrived by the oh-so-familiar door that she had frequented every night since before, as she stopped and stood motionless there, in front of it. Only then she realized that her whole body was shaking from Gwangsoo’s words as her left hand went out to grab on the doorknob before twisting it opened groggily.

 

And there on the bed, she saw him, all smiles and eyes almost went off from the act, laughing lightly and talking teasingly with their other friends. The sound of the closed door behind her, shut everything off, and the merry atmosphere went silent until Yoo Jaesuk’s wit acknowledging her presence, “Oh Jihyo-ah, you’re here? Come in, he’s been fine and made us worry for nothing,” as Gary walked away from the Commander’s side by the bed, signaling for her place, as Haha went up and pulled her closer by the hand. Seeing the stiff expression of the Commander and the teary face of the Ace, Ji Sukjin forced everyone out of the room, silently leaving the couple to have their moments together after such a while.

 

With the door being clicked, closed by Joongki as he was the last to be out, the room was all quiet and awkward, none wanted to speak up, none wanted to initiate any movement. They were all staring and talking through their eyes as if doing a telepathy to one another until the talkative Spartan couldn’t wait anymore, “Hi,” he timidly start. Yet that’s the cue as she scoffed mutely before brushing over her left palm to her tears, wiping them off.

 

“Hi? Just a freaking, simple ‘hi’? You’re gone for few months and all you said when you woke up was a ‘hi’? Wow! Don’t you know how worry I am? How worry the others are? How many tears had I been shedding off? How many times had I been blaming myself? How many times-” but her close distance with him made everything easier for him as he silently thanked Haha for forcing her to stand next to his side, as he forced out his arms and wrapped them around her torso, pulling her down onto the bed just on his side, while muttering on some apologies over everything had happened.

 

“I’m sorry~” that was all she needed at the moment, and that was all he said by then, as she was stilled within his arms and now was her safety, a real one, now was her forever, a promising one, as she eagerly wrapped her own arms across his waist, continuously cussing on him to which he only smiled lightly while caressing her back. Despite the awkward position of theirs, they stayed in hush and tranquility for quite some time until he broke the silence once again, “I called the trainer and the electrician just now but they said that it’d been done, thank you.” She pinched his waist not-so-lightly as she muttered the next, "Of course I did, knowing you, I don’t know wh-”

 

“I’m sorry, but I’ll try to change and be more attentive, for you, for me, for us and also for the others. I’m sorry Ms. Mong,” he cut her off and hearing that, she tightened her arms around his torso, and his went closer by her body form. Because this newly-said promise of his is not empty, and it will be attended because this time, she’ll be there like always to cheer him on. And as she kissed the bandage that was dressed across his chest, and he kissed her temple lovingly before sniffing on her scent, tucking her head underneath his sharp chin, both knew that the silent promise of his had been sealed.

 

“I love you Ms. Mong,” he said as he gathered her body to be laid on his side completely and comfortably, “I love you too oppa, and hi to you too, have you called in home?” she asked him as she snuggled in by his muscular form on the bed, to which he nodded and told her on what had he been talking up with his mother and other families members. “Finally her body is betraying her,” Gary’s calm demeanor was felt through his voice as the Commander saw his other family members strutting in through the door, one by one, after a while.

 

“No wonder she’s so quiet,” he said to them and the others smiled tenderly upon the sight of the usual-bickering-couple by the bed. “We’re going home hyung, your mother said she’ll be here by tomorrow,” Haha continued to fill him in and next, he was left alone with her again after wishing him a speedy recovery and jokingly asked him to working out again, just like always, like the oldies. “Thank you love,” he sincerely whispered to her through the quietness before tightening his arms around her body, and letting up the sleepiness to sip through his own body system as well, waiting for the darkness of the outside world to change and shower them with the beautiful day of the new aptitude.

 

 

 

this is my 1st SpartAce actually but i dont think this was good and made sense so it stays buried under everything else until today~://

as much as i love man with bulky, muscular man- Kim Jongkook in my opinion is a bit obsessive with it LoL

anyway i never proof-read and i hope this whole scene, one-shot did make sense to you guys ^^ enjoy reading lovelies