Chapter 1: Hello, Royale

On The Same Level

Chapter 1: Hello, Royale (alternatively titled: This is the Royale Family. It's a Little Complicated)

                        "Hiiiiiii, it's me Royale's Sab. 'Sup?" MiYeon waved at the video camera she was holding to film herself. It was 1:30 in the morning and Royale had already gone back to their dorm to rest for the day. MiYeon took this opportunity to film the video diaries they were supposed to do for their reality show. The day has now ended for most people, but for idols, work never ends. So even if she was in her Winnie the Pooh pajamas, and her pink hair was braided loosely, MiYeon continued to jump around the dorm with her camera.

                        “Welcome to our dorm~” she cheered, moving the camera around to capture how their dormitory’s living room looks like at night. It was simple and clean. Wooden floors, the walls were white, two, black, leather couches faced each other, a glass coffee table in the middle, a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, and a few of the hanging lamps were in the empty living room for the sake of the video.

                        “The others are already asleep but I can’t sleep so I want to show you around,” she said to no one in particular “You’ll be seeing our dorm often in Royale TV, so yeah…”

                        MiYeon started waddling toward the small kitchen, and sat on kitchen counter. “I like sitting here because it makes me feel tall, but that’s not important. Everyone in YG is working very hard for you, guys. As you may already know, Winner is on their world tour, CL eonni is busy with her upcoming album in the US, and Pink Punk and iKON—I don’t think I’m supposed to tell what they’re planning on doing because it’s a surprise for their fans. We actually still have a performance tomorrow for Music Bank, and other guesting stuff lined up for next week, I think, watch out for that.”

                        “I guess that’s all” she said, getting off the counter to turn off the lights and head to her room “Oh yeah, I share my room with MinSeul, while the older three share the other, larger room. Yeah, and that’s all for now. Byeee~”

                        Shooting one last smile and a V-sign, MiYeon stopped recording and dragged herself to her bed to sleep.

✧♔✧

                        The music ended and the lights on the stage dimmed. Yet another breathtaking performance has ended.

                        “Good work, girls” HyunWoo praised the girls, giving each one a soft pat on the back, “like always” Baek HyunWoo is Royale’s 30-something year old manager. He became pretty famous on SNS for his handsome face when Royale took a group photo with him for their successful debut stage.

                        “Of course because we have such an awesome manager,” MiYeon said, lightly elbowing MinTae who was beside her “not to mention so handsome”

                        “Yeah, no wonder people call you Mr. Pretty Manager on SNS, oppa” MinTae snickered.

                        “And also very generous,” YoonHae went along “I mean if we asked for you to treat us for dinner right now, you would, right? Right?”

                        “Of course, there’s a consequence,” the manager sighed “Alright, my treat. Where do you want to eat, girls?”

                        “Let’s get Japanese food!” MinSeul suggested, “It’s my turn to choose. JiMin eonni chose the last time.”

                        “Whatever,” MiYeon said, “as long as oppa is paying”

                        “Just continue to work hard, okay?”

   “Yes, oppa”

                       HyunWoo can’t help but smile at the girls’ childlike attitude. They’ve only met a few months ago, but now, they’re stuck together like they’ve known each other for years, They were an unbeatable team, a happy Royale family.

✧♔✧

                  “Oh my God,” MiYeon exclaimed, breathing heavily with her hands on her hips and sweat running down her forehead like an open faucet “I can’t feel my body”

                        “Shut up, MiYeon” JiMin glared at the younger, wiping her sweat with a towel “You barely moved”

                        “The perks of being the vocalist,” the younger grinned and high-fived with Hayi who watched the rookie group practice, “How did I do, Hayi eonni?”

                        “You did great,” Hayi praised her “but you need to improve your control on low notes, they’re still a bit shaky”

                        MiYeon groaned but smiled in gratitude at her senior. Royale was now in YG’s practice room with Lee Hi watching them practice, waiting for dinner sponsored by the ever so handsome Manager HyunWoo. They thought it was the best way to kill some time.

                        “Hey,” Hayi called “I’d like to stay a bit more but I’m getting sleepy. I still have to attend that event for tomorrow so I guess I’ll be going now”

                        “Bye, eonni!”

✧♔✧

                        “MinSeul”

                        “MinSeeeeuuuul”

                        “Sean”

                        “Seanni”

                        “What?!” MinSeul snapped.

                        “Nothing” MiYeon yawned, trying not to fall asleep as JiMin braided her obnoxiously pink hair.

                        “Can you two please grow up?”

                        “No,” MinTae answered “we are forever youthful. It comes with being an idol”

                        MinSeul rolled her eyes before going back to her phone. Royale is back in their dorm after they got their stomachs full of delicious Japanese cuisine. They were lounging in the living room; YoonHae and MinTae were watching Superman is Back on TV, JiMin was messing with MiYeon’s hair, and MiYeon… is sitting on the floor after concluding that it was the most comfortable seat in the house.

                        “Guys, shush!” MinSeul suddenly exclaimed “Listen to this!”

                        “What is it?” YoonHae asked, looking from MinSeul’s shoulder to peak at her phone.

                        “YG’s new girl group “Royale” was declared to be the next big thing by major fan sites. After gaining 1.5+ million views in less than 72 hours in their music video, “Free Spirit,” the rookie group had continued to gain fans in not only South Korea, but all over the world. Not only are these girls talented, but their style, charisma, fashion, and swag have earned the hearts of even their sunbaenims.”

                        “Wait there’s more” MinSeul gushed, fanning herself with her hands “With the inspiring lyrics, paired with their amazing vocals, rap, and choreography, Free Spirit had been playing non-stop on everyone’s playlist. Numerous covers by fans have been circulating the internet, as well as by fellow idols, like BTS’s Jungkook—“

                        “OMO!” MinTae screamed but MiYeon covered to stop further fangirling.

                        “—Jimin, and J-Hope who made their own version of the song. There is no doubt that they will be rivaling their seniors in the future like Girl’s Generation, A Pink, and who knows, maybe even 2NE1.” the visual was grinning widely, looking at the others, begging for a reaction.

                        “Omo” they all breathed out at the same time.

                        “Omg wait,” everyone turned to the maknae who was pursing her lips in concentration or confusion “I wasn’t listening, can you pleas—OWW stop hitting me with that pillow! Your killing me!!!” 

✧♔✧