♦ Prologue ♦

Between The North Pacific

Pop. No... It was almost a splash.

Damn it. God ing damn it.

Naeun's eyes almost popped out of her eyes in shock and horror as she looked down to see water spread out throughout her pants.

Her first thought was 'damn baby'.

It's coming, her baby is coming. She didn't quite want to believe that she was giving birth yet, however the pain from the contractions was bringing her mind back to reality.

She cluched onto her stomach as her legs felt weak and collapsed to the ground. She didn't didn't realise that sh was holding onto her stomach, but since the contractions somewhat felt like a serious case of cramps, somewhat, it was almost an automatic instinct.

Chorong, her best friend and fellow bandmate, eye's widened when she realised what the reason was behind the sudden wetness of the grass below her feet. She was no idiot and she new it wasn't because of the dew mist in the air. Water continued to gush out from Naeun and it wouldn't slow down.

Chorong fished out her phone clumsily and immediately called 119 (Korean version of 911) and could barely get out the words she needed to say to the operator that answered her call. The only things that came out of was, "Hello? Birth! Birth! Water..everywhere.."

Just like that Chorong was out like a light. Naeun came to conclusion that Chorong fainted due to the sudden build up of anxiety and the suddeness of everything happening around her so fast.

"Hello? Miss? Are you still there? I need you to answer me, Ma'am." The operator said without any worry in her voice, as if she get this all the time. She has heard these kind of phone calls one too many times.

Naeun attempted to reach for the phone and to pick it off the grass. Heavy and impatient breathing could be heard on her line informing her that's how the operator knew someone was back on the phone.

"Hello? Ma'am, do we need to send an ambulance?" What kind of ing question was that!? Naeun thought to herself. She hitched a big breath and started to talk in the best way she could possibly do.

"I-I-I'm... My water-" Naeun took another deep breath before speaking again. "It's... It broke." Is all she was able to say to the the operator.

Sweat beads appeared on her forehead down to her neck. Heat consumed her as did the adreniline she felt  earlier because of her ing water that broke.

She couldn't feel pain anymore, which surprised her as it was not what she was expecting. She was so captivated in her muddled thoughts that she almost didn't hear the operator calling for her.

"Ma'am please tell me where you are so we can send an ambulance your way." The operator's voice said. Nauen wanted to curse this lady out because it sounded like she had a tint of...annoyance. No... Sarcasm was laced within her voice/

Naeun quickly looked around in high hopes to find any signs to her her where she was, but frowned instantly remembering she was at an isolated park and it was 9pm.

Which park was it? She couldn't remember at all.

"Um..." he lifted the phone back up to her ears as she still search for a sign to tell her where she is. "A park?" She heard a huff of annoyance from the operator whom she already grew to hate. It's not like she had much to go with! It was night and she could barely see where Chorong had fainted, not just because it was dark but also because she could barely concentrate on one thing.

"Ma'am, could you be a bit more descriptive?" Naeun could feel the operator roll her eyes through the phone. It didn't take a genius to figure that out.

" you!" She screamed into the phone. "Here's what I got. There's a big tree behind me and I'm sitting on a bench with bird crap on it. Also there's a sign that says 'No tresspassing after midnight.' That's all I got for you, Merry Christmas!" She spat into to the phone angrily.

She heard the operator take in a breath before speaking or at least attempting to before Naeun interrupted her. "Also, there's a petite girl whom fainted infront of the crapped on bench. And about 100 yards away there's a cul-de-sac. A small white house sits directly infront on it."

One more huff from the operator. "From what you've told me I can to conclude that you're in Cheongdam Park. Can you remember if that is where you are located?"

A light bulb went off in Naeun's mind, for she remember that's exactly where she is. "Yes! Yes! How'd you know from the crappy details I gave you?" She asked. She didn't know she was going to start up a conversation with some random lady in a another place.

"I tracked your phone." The operator lady said. Why couldn't she do that at the very start!? "An ambulance is being sent your way. If you would like to remain on the call then-" Naeun immediantly hung up. She was grateful she didn't have to talk to the lady anymore.

Though her water had broke, she tried her best to remain calm. She knew that panicking would not help her the slightest. She slowly stood up but immediately fell forward because she tripped over Chorong's , to what it seemed, lifeless body.

"Chorong, Chorong wake up." Naeun shook her and then slapped Chorong as hard as she could across the face. To be honest, she read that slapping someone who fainted won't wake them up, but she decided to try it anyways.

Giving up after a couple more shakings and slaps she slowly returned to the bench. Just as she sat down, a huge contraction came making her wince in pain. She knew contractions were bad, but she didn't think that birth contractions was a lot worse.

After waiting around for 20 minutes going through a lot of contractions and Naeun kicking Chorong in the ribs with her foot, she finally saw dim flashing lights in the far distance.

"Thank the Lord." Naeun heaved as she tried to stand up only to fall back down onto the ground because of Chorong's limpless body still getting in her way.

She groaned in response to the contact of her face and the wet grass, but let it go knowing now was not the time to get petty. Soon enough, the ambulance was parked near by and a gurney was taken out.

She had never been in an ambulance before , nor had she seen a gurney up close so she was a little nervous. As the medics approached Naeun with the gurney, she got more hesitant just by looking at it. So many straps on such a little thing. Does she have to be strapped down?

Naeun was barely convinced that the thing was even going to hold her up the whole way to the hospital.

Her breathing got heavier and it was hard to tell the parimedics that Chorong was still unconcious on the ground, but she got it out in the end. The paramedics seemed a little discombobulated, because they sure weren't expecting more than one person, and they only had one gurney.

Somehow, right at that moment Chorong miraculously woke up and was lifted up by one of the paramedics and was shook and asked if she was okay. All she did was nod and turned her attention back onto Naeun.

"Naeun!" She exclaimed. "I thought you were going to die!" She said grabbing onto Naeun's shoulders looking at her straight in the eyes. Naeun chuckled a bit in disbelief.

"I could say the same goes for you." Naeun retorted. "I believe the pregannt girl was meant to faint not the other way round." Naeun was put onto the gurney and into the ambulance along with Chorong.

Chorong could tell that Naeun was breathing quite heavy and asked if she was okay. Only to have a yelp of pain in return as her answer.

Naeun nodded her head. "I'm okay, but by the way you have a leaf in your hair." she pointed towards the leaf. Chorong untangeled it from her hair and pulled it out. She jumped out of the ambulance once they'd arrived at the hospital and the ambulance doors was slammed shut.

40 minutes later..

"I need you to push Ma'am." The doctor said to Naeun as she nodded her head painfully.

She screamed out of pain because, well who wouldn't when pushing a little human being out from your ?!

When Naeun first got to the hospital, along side Chorong of course, she thought she was alright until the doctor told her she was already dialated 5 centimeters. To her suprise though, she couldn't feel any pain, at that moment. A few minutes after threatening to claw Chorong's eyes out, she was injected with the epidural. It help but the pain was still quite unbearable.

A few minutes later she thought she was dying when really she was going into labor. She wanted to kill the doctor for not making the procedure easy for her. Making her feel every single ounce of pain you can ever possibly recieve.

"I can see the head! Just a few more pushes Ms. Son!" the doctor encouraged. Chorong allowed Naeun to hold her hand, but knew it was a terrible mistake. Though she wasn't the one giving birth, the could feel somewhat what it was like thanks to Naeun.

A couple more pushes and Naeun felt that her pain was decreasing rapidly. She was in a daze, but still conscious enough to hear a faint cry on the other side of the room. She sat up to see her beautiful baby girl alive and well. Shad never felt so happy before in her life.

Once her daughter was cleaned, Naeun could only spend five minutes with her because the doctors needed to make sure the epidural didn't get into her baby's system. Naeun took her daughter into to her arms with care and looked into her eyes.

"Hi there baby girl." Naeun said slighty shaking her newborn. "You were a hasle you know that right?" Naeun chuckled to herself as a tear slid down her face.

"Your my baby girl, aren't you? I love you so much." Naeun said with all the emotion she could. She could barely get any words out so for the remaining three minutes she just layed there and stared at her child. The child she would soon come to love more than anything in her life.

"Wow," Chorong said in amazement."She's adorable, can I hold her for a minute?" she asked. Naeun said 'yes' with a small nod and slowly held her closer to Chorong.

She carefully held her in her arms as she circled around the bed,and sat down on the chair next to her best friend. "Wow..again." Her voice began to crack. "Oh don't be such a baby." Naeun said as she fell back onto the bed, heaving a loud sigh. "Oh, shut up." Chorong stood back up and gave her her daughter back.

After about a minute left, the nurse came to take Naeun's child to check her up. When the nurse, left both Chorong and Naeun were left in the room silently.

"HyunAe." Naeun said to herself as Chorong look up.

"What?" Chorong questioned.

"HyunAe. Her name shall be HyunAe. It means wisdom and loving. I feel those would be her strongest points. As she grows I will teach her to be smart and wise but always look at the other side,think out of the box, and love people like you'll lose them the next day." Naeun said to herself once more, but loud enough for her best friend to hear it.

"I love it." Chorong said with a reassuring smile.

About twenty minutes later, a nurse brought back HyunAe to her mom and her "Aunt ChoCho" or at least that's what Chorong called herself.

She was starting to feed her baby when the door swung open. In that doorway stood a brown haired boy with a cap on backwards and a low-cut tanktop that read 'LOL YOU ' in English. Along with that he also had on what looked like a million dollar Jordans with ripped jeans.

"Ew. It smells like in here." He said as he loudly closed the door, startling both of girls in the room and making HyunAe wake up and cry. Naeun rocked her back and forth and situated her to make it easier for HyunAe to le o.

"Is that thing related to me?" He asked with a scowl and he leaned against the door pulling the er he had in his mouth out.

"Why are you here, Sehun?" Naeun asked, scoffing.

He pointed his red er at Chorong. "Tammy told me that Menji was born and I got bored at the dorm so I came here." He said putting his er back in his mouth.

Naeun looked Chorong dead in the eye. At first Chorong was afraid of what Naeun would do until she processed what Sehun had just said. "Tammy? Where do you get Tammy from Chorong?" She asked, putting the first subject aside, Naeun decided to do also."Also where did you get Menji from HyunAe?" Naeun asked, looking at him scrunching her face.

"Who?" He said as his eyebrows furrowed. "Anyways, the other reason I came here was for this." He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket and walked towards the bed. Naeun snatched it from him and read it.

Her heart immediently dropped.

"Sign, it." He demanded, pointing to the bottom of the paper with his er. Naeun sniffed and shook her head, trying to avoid any tears let loose.

"No." she deadpanned. He turned his attention back to her from the wall and raised one of his eyebrows. "What?" He said quickly pullling his red er out of his mouth. "What do you mean 'no'? This was the deal." Naeun looked up at his face, resisting the urge to punch the bastard in the face.

"I mean it, I'm not giving her away." Naeun said as she looked down at her beautiful daughter. "She's mine." She finished. Naeun looked back up to Sehun who seemed dumbfounded.

"What the... You know what? Forget it. I don't feel like arguing over a stupid baby. As long as nobody knows Soyun is mine I don't care. And anyways, how are you even going to take care of him? Whatever. I'm out." Sehun threw his hands up, walking out the door. "HER name is HYUN-AE!" Chorong had yelled before he closed it, hearing a faint 'Like I care' back.

Quickly, Naeun turned her attention back to Chorong. "Tammy" Naeun said tilting her head. "Care to explain why you called that douchebag of a guy here to see my daughter?" she smiled.

Chorong knew that smile, and that smile was never a good one. Chorong began to feel sick, knowing what was lying ahead for her.

"You see..." Chorong started as she slowly started to back up. "I thought you might as well go ahead and get it over with. " She breathed out heavily. "You know, let him get it straight." She said doing a restrained laugh. This isn't going too well.

Naeun was still smiling. "Be happy we're in a hospital Chorong." She said as she turned her attention back to HyunAe.

Chorong looked back at Naeun hesitantly and went closer. "I already told the members and the manager that you had a family emergency, and you might be gone for a week or two. They're definiteIy not happy about it because we have to postpone most of our activities, but they'll get over it. I know you'll only be here for 3-4 days, but I booked you a hotel for awhile. You can't go straight back to the group's activities."

Though Naeun was pissed at what her best friend previously did, she couldn't help but smile and mutter a small thank you.

After about fourty minutes of cooing over the baby, Chorong said it was getting late and bid a goodbye to Naeun. As soon as she left, a nurse came in and asked Naeun questions about where she lives, does she have child support, what's the baby's name and stuff like that.. Once she was done, she took Hyun-Ae to the nursey, allowing the new mother to get some rest.

A few hours later, the door opened loudly with a doctor and a nurse coming through. They looked dejected, but also quite scared at the same time. Naeun sat up to look at them, and then the doctor spoke.

"We've already called the police and we personal checking everywhere in the hospital. There has also been an Amber Alert sent out..." Naeun held up her hand to stop them.

"What are you talking about?" She asked as her eyes moved back and forth fantically between the two. She had a gut feeling she wasn'as going to her.

"Ms.Son... Your child has been stolen."


Sorry this chapter took so long to put up, my co-author and I worked really hard on this prologue.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please subscribe!

 

 

Word count: 2878   Characters: 15463