#1

On Rainy Days [One-Shot]

On the rainy days you come and find me

Torturing me through the night

When the rain starts to stop, you follow

Slowly, little by little, you will stop as well

 


Junhyung watched each droplet descend from the sky and splatter on his window gently. The soft sound of the rain hitting his window was like a lullaby to him, so alluring, yet comforting. 

 Holding his legs up to his chest, he sat at the side of his windowstill, gazing out at the dark surroundings. He was lucky enough to spot some stars, many stars in fact. But one star stood out brightest amongst the others. Deep inside him, his heart started to sink.

Tears started forming in his eyes and threatened to flow. Finally, one lonely tear cascaded down the sides of his cheek. His hand roamed towards his neck as he gingerly pulled out a black necklace, attatched to a ring. 

”Hara, i miss you” He whispered, bringing the ring to his lips

—Flashback— 

”Oppa, I’m scared..” Hara whimpered softly, burrying her face in Junhyung’s chest. 

”I’m here alright?” Junhyung wrapped his arms around her shoulder and pulled her close to him. His warmth covered her cold, clammy body, and made her feel safe. ”You silly girl, there’s nothing to be afraid of the rain,” He let out a deep chuckle, before planting a light kiss on her forehead. 

”You’re right oppa.. I don’t know how long more I’ll be able to listen to the rain fall like this too..” Hara shut her eyes tightly, trying to erase negative thoughts from her mind.

 ”Baby, you’re going to be fine alright?” Junhyung reassured. Both of them kept silent, still in each others arms, as they listened to the splattering of raindrops beside their window.

 Hara knew she did not have much time left. Soon, she wouldn’t be able to feel the warmth of Junhyung’s hugs, she wouldn’t be able to feel his soft lips on the tip of her forehead, she wouldn’t be able to look for him on rainy days but, she wouldn’t have to be scared anymore. 

Junhyung knew that soon, he wouldn’t be able to hold Hara in his arms like that anymore. He wouldn’t be able to wake up to her kisses, he wouldn’t be able to be with her when she was scared. 

He didn’t want to think anymore. He didn’t want to face the reality that soon, she’ll be gone. Gone with the wind. Like a balloon, floating away in the vast sky. She’ll be gone. 

”Oppa?” Hara looked up and stared at Junhyung with her big brown eyes, which looked hollow and sunken now.

“Will you still be with me when i’m scared?” 

”Forever,” Junhyung whispered, running his fingers through her long wavy hair. “I’ll always be there, whenever you’re scared.” 

”Promise me you’ll be there?” She said, interlocking her delicate fingers with Junhyung’s.

Her touch was cold, ice cold. Junhyung nodded and caressed her face, moving her brown locks out of the way. Slowly, Hara’s weak smile faded from her face. Her small, pale lips were pursed and her face seemed relaxed.

She seemed like she was in bliss, away from all the pain and suffering. Junhyung stared at her stunning beauty, which never faded since the first day he met her.It’s been 4 years since the first time he met her and nothing ever changed. Leaning towards her, he gently pecked her on her lips and carried her, placing her on the bed.

 ”I’ll always be here, Hara. Sleep well,”

 —End of flashback— 

Junhyung opened his eyes which were tightly shut and wiped his soaked face with his sleeve. He hated how the memories tried to burry him, he hated that even though a year has passed, she was still fresh in his memories. He hated the fact that he missed her so much. 

”You came Hara, you came to look for me” He said, choking with tears.His lips quavered, as he tried to shush his cries. He placed his hand on the cold surface of the window and touched the spot where the star was.

 ”Baby, i’m still here for you, like i promised.”


A/N: I hope you guys liked it! (: Gomawo for reading! ~