Prologue

Those Stars in the Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What is beauty to you?

Yes, you.

What is beauty, to you, if I may ask?

I sit on the custom-made bench mounted on the wall just by my window. I asked Mom for this as soon as we moved here. I am looking outside, watching the stars twinkling up in the sky.

It’s breath-taking.

Mom told me when I was a kid that I should pick a star for myself. She is very attracted to stars. She loves stars. We were in our old house, up at the roof, laying down side by side, watching the stars.

“A star?” I had asked her. “Why?”

“So you could own it,” she said as she put a finger up and drew shapes and stuff in the air.

“We could own stars?” I asked again, little old me never getting tired of asking. All kids don’t, anyway, right?

She nodded. “You could pick a star, whichever you want, so when you feel scared at night, or you need someone to talk to, or you simply just want to wish, you could call on it.”

I was amazed that time. I didn’t know it was possible at that, picking stars. And so, that night, Mom helped me pick a star for me.

Now, I sit on my custom-made bench which I asked my Mom for, looking out the starry sky. To me, the stars are still beautiful. It is beautiful and wonderful.

But now, I know that we simply can’t have those stars. It’s a part of the heavens and of the earth. And we cannot just claim it as such. We could only see it, its beauty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter