[fin]

Tossing and Turning

“Nahyun and I share a bed and we kept asking each other “Are you asleep?” and talked through the night. We were tired and we couldn’t sleep so we kept re-watching our videos and tossed and turned all night.” -D.ana

 

One girl laid stiff on the bed, staring up at the ceiling with a jumble of thoughts wracking her brain while the other girl squirmed on the bed, both were unable to sleep. After a couple minutes of moving around, the blonde girl laid still.

 

“You done?” The younger girl spoke, still staring up into the darkness of their dorm room. D.ana jumped at the sudden voice. She had thought that Nahyun was already asleep.

 

“I didn’t know you were awake.” She replies, turning on her side and staring at the girl who seemed to be frozen.

 

Nahyun let out a deep breath, closing her eyes, “I couldn’t go to sleep.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

“Clearly.” Nahyun replies with a smile hinting at her lips. D.ana scowls, shoving Nahyun lightly. The brunette lets out a small giggle and D.ana smiles at the cute sound. It only took a couple seconds before the two were draped in silence again.

 

“Are you nervous?” D.ana mumbles out the question. Nahyun shifts a bit, turning to look at D.ana, “A little bit.” D.ana gives her a raised eyebrow.

 

She nibbles on her bottom lip, “Okay. A lot.” She admits. D.ana hums, “Me too.”

 

After a couple of minutes of pure silence, Nahyun speaks, “Are you asleep yet?” D.ana answers back almost immediately, “Not even close.”

 

“Wanna watch our practice videos?” Nahyun sits up and reaches for the iPad on their nightstand. D.ana’s lips curve up and she leans against the headboard of their bed, “Sure.”

 

Nahyun gets back into her spot next to D.ana and feels D.ana’s arm comfortably settling around the back of her waist. She leans back and turns the device on, turning on one of their practice videos. D.ana watches herself intently and one minute into the video, she speaks, “I messed up so many times already.”

 

“No you didn’t.”

 

“Yes I did.”

 

“Stop being so harsh on yourself. You did fine.” Nahyun retorts, which shuts D.ana up immediately. Nahyun glances over at D.ana after she says that and pats D.ana’s thigh with the hand that isn’t holding up the iPad, “Relax. You did fine and I’m sure you’ll do fine tomorrow.”

 

D.ana looks over to the younger one and gives a nervous smile, “Okay.”

 

“Okay.” Nahyun smiles and leans in, kissing D.ana’s cheek. D.ana leaned into the warm gesture and looked down at her lap shyly when Nahyun moved away.

 

“You know, if Sumin knew we were still up, she’d totally kick our butts.” Nahyun gave the blonde girl a smile.

 

D.ana let out a laugh and looked at the time and saw that it was nearly four in the morning. She shrugged and pulled Nahyun closer, leaning her head on her member’s, “Oh well.”

 

Nahyun clicked on the next practice video, though it wasn’t like either of them were paying much attention.

 

It wasn’t long before D.ana noticed Nahyun’s grip on the iPad had slackened and she was asleep. The older one smiled and took the iPad, shutting it off and moving it to the side. Carefully, she laid Nahyun down back into bed and pulled the blankets over the both of them. She nuzzled her nose into the small of Nahyun’s back and pulled the girl close.

 

The ‘sleeping’ girl smiled and curled her body, allowing D.ana to hug her tightly.