Fate...Or Soulmates

I Didn't Mean To Love You

Two years had passed.

Bong Goo had become a veterinarian, and Pulip put up her own restaurant/fashion botique. Chan Doo had finished his first year in college, but at the same time, he and his dance gang (his original dance gang) were to debut under the group name "Chance", one of the two newest boy groups in YG--the second one, being the group of which he was supposed to be the manager. Chance was usually dancing with Big Bang, and the other group, Step Up, was often seen on stage together with 2NE1. Baek Hyun was in his first year of residency.

Chan Doo went out of YG happily and greeted his seonbaes. He was really excited to see Hyun Jung again, as she had informed them that she will be back in Korea to do some modeling stint for Elle Girl.

The friends except for Baek Hyun met at Oh's restaurant, which was still up and running through all the years. Hyun Jung treated them to dinner, and the three were really gracious to her. During the meal, some media personnel came to interview Hyun Jung regarding her photo shoot.

She was really disturbed that instead of a silent night, the media were feasting on her.

*******

"Painter and Model Na Hyun Jung was spotted eating with friends in a humble beef restaurant," the reporter said.

Baek Hyun was on duty that night, and he was eating his dinner silently as he watched the news in the doctors' lounge. The image of Hyun Jung on screen made him stop eating. He looked at her, and stared at her image for a long time.

"What is wrong with eating in a humble beef restaurant? Bong Goo's restaurant is the best," he thought angrily as he digged his spoon in his rice.

"Spotted with her is YG trainee, and former dance manager Hong Chan Doo," the reporter said.

He stopped eating again. He suddenly felt jealous of Chan Doo--again. Why does Chan Doo have all the chance to be with her? They were not even lovers, but it seems that the media and everyone else wanted to see Chan Doo and Hyun Jung together.

"No, Baek Hyun, she is no longer in love with you. No longer," he convinced himself.

*******

Twelve forty-five at dawn.

The hospital was busy, especially the emergency room, as a victim of motor vehicular accident was being assisted and helped by the medical staff. The doctor in the emergency room thought that the patient was indeed worse, so he ordered the patient to be checked by a surgeon. After the surgeon was informed, he decided to perform a STAT operation. After all the necessary preparations, the patient was wheeled to the operating room.

The emergency room nurse and the operating room nurse had their endorsement. The ER nurse handed the chart, and the OR nurse asked to confirm.

"Name of patient?"

"Na Hyun Jung."

*************************

Hyun Jung was laid on the operating table, and the nurses prepared the necessary instruments. The surgeon came in with his assisting surgeons. They raced against time to help Hyun Jung survive.

*******************

Hyun Jung opened her eyes, and saw herself lying down.

"Where am I?" she asked.

She saw the white walls and the wide window.

"Byeongwon (hospital)?" she asked.

Mr. Dong came to her side, all teary-eyed. The agent was very emotional.

"You got into a car accident," he said. "What happened?"

She then remembered. She was driving her car back to her pad when a truck passed by and sideswiped her car. Then, the event was happening too fast that she did not know what happened afterwards.

Mr. Dong finished the information to her, according to witnesses. The car was thrown to a tall lamp post, which fell on to her car. The witnesses did their best to get her out of the car and to call the rescuers.

Hyun Jung shed some tears and held the agent's hand. "Gamsahaeyo, Uncle."

Mr. Dong cried. "I don't know what will happen if you have died. I could not even rescue my own niece. Your mother might never forgive me for taking you for granted."

Hyun Jung managed a smile. "Gwaenchanhayo, Uncle. At least, you cared for me, while my own parents never even contacted me through all these years."

Mr. Dong shook his head. "Please don't say that."

But he knew she was right. Her parents never cared for her. He, being the only family member without a family, acted as her agent in Italy for her painting and modeling stint. She had finally found a family member to lean on.

*******************

It was almost noon when her surgeon came in the room.

"Annyeong hashimnikka?" she greeted the doctor.

The doctor greeted her as well. Then, another doctor came in.

"Ba..Baek Hyun-ah?" she gasped.

The surgeon looked at his patient, then at the resident. "You know each other?"

Baek Hyun nodded gingerly. "She is my high school classmate."

The surgeon smiled, finding it amusing. So, he started his talk and assessment with the patient.

"Ah, I will be coming here tomorrow for my daily rounds, and if you need anything, just call the nurses."

She nodded, then looked at Baek Hyun anxiously.

"Oh, Dr. Hwang... He also assisted in the operation," the surgeon explained to her.

Then, the two doctors bid her goodbye.

"Why does it have to be him?" she cringed. "He... assisted.... in my operation? Why does it have to be him?"

Tears began shedding once again. Just when she was doing her best to avoid him, fate really found a way to bring them back together. To give them a chance to correct the past.