Broken

You broke me

 

Taehyung didn’t know what he would do.
He was hurt and broken down.

 

Hoseok went once again to the convenience store,
hoping he would find the liquor to help him forget.

 

 

It has already been a month since they broke up. Hoseok didn’t know it would come to this.
He and Taehyung had an amazing relationship. But he broke it.
He remembered the day as if it was yesterday.
He had been drinking too much and said things he shouldn’t have.
It broke Taehyung.
It broke his heart and trust.
He couldn’t stand the hurt look in his eyes, the disappointment and heartache.

 

 

Taehyung still remembers clearly the day he met Hoseok.
He fell hard.
He fell for his smile, his laughter, his energy, his personality and his way he looked at him from across the room.
A few small talks and it seemed as if they have known each other years.
They started out as friends, but soon became more than that.
Hoseok became the most important person in his world.
He would do anything for him.

 

 

As he drank from the liquor he recently bought he remembered Taehyung.
He thought it would make him forget about him. But instead more memories came up.
He sat up, head in his hands as he remembered Taehyung’s toothy grin as they went to the amusement park,
his laughter as they fed the pigeons in the park,
his smile as Hoseok would talk about his dancing.
Hoseok didn’t know he was crying until he felt the warm tears on his arms.

 

 

He wondered if Hoseok ever thought of him as someone special. Or if he was only some sort of toy to play with when he was bored.
He always made time when Hoseok wanted to meet him.
He always waited for Hoseok to call him.
He waited for him.
Even now.
Even though he should forget about him, he waited.
Taehyung knew better than to wait for Hoseok to come back.
He knew he wouldn’t come back for him.
But he still waited.
Some small part of him still had hope that he would come back and everything will be as it used to.

 

 

The next time he saw Taehyung was in town. He bumped into him on the street.
Without looking who it was he hurriedly said an I’m sorry.
When an answer was given he froze.
It couldn’t be him.
It couldn’t be the one whose heart he broke.
He looked up at a pair of sad eyes.
Hollow and cold.
It looked like Taehyung.
But it wasn’t his Taehyung.
His Taehyung had warm lively eyes and was always smiling.
He knew he had killed his warm eyes.
Put the fire out in his heart.
Froze the warmth that he had.
He thought it would be better to ignore him now. He couldn’t do anything now.
He had destroyed him as he destroyed himself.

 

 

Taehyung saw him again. He wished they could start over again. But he knew it wouldn’t work.
Hoseok looked different. Thinner, paler and colder.
Hoseok only looked at him for a second before he turned around and walked away.
He sighted and went on walking towards the bar he was supposed to meet Jimin at.
His first date after breaking up with Hoseok.

 

 

After a year Hoseok saw him again. Dark brown hair and a smile he would recognize even in the dark.
But he wasn’t alone. He walked hand in hand with a smaller boy.
Black hair and toned arms. He saw him smiling at the boy, clenching his hand in his as he was frightened by a bird that flew a little too close.
Hoseok smiled.
He remembered the time he would laugh at Taehyung getting scared and holding his hand.
But it was different now.
Taehyung wasn’t his anymore. He was happy now, with someone else.
He couldn’t make him happy. He knew it from the beginning, but he fell for him, head over heels.
He hurt him. And hurt himself in the process.
He knew he should forget about him now.
He had lost him forever.

 

 

Taehyung was happy. 
He matched with Jimin from the start. Even though he was nervous and closed up. The smaller boy managed to crawl into his heart.
Jimin worked for him.
He worked to keep him happy.
And Taehyung was happy. He could smile again.
He didn’t forget about Hoseok just yet. He knew it would take some time. And Jimin knew this and was willing to wait.
Taehyung still had a tiny bit of hope left for Hoseok. But it became smaller with every day he spent with Jimin.
Him and Hoseok weren’t meant to be forever.