001: Prologue

4 Steps to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook squinted his eyes at the morning sun as he listened to Taehyung's soft humming. Jungkook was biking the two to school like he did every morning. Taehyung was sat straddling Jungkook's lap while Jungkook rode the bike. They had been biking to school together ever since Jungkook had learned how to ride a bike and decided to take Taehyung around with him since the older had yet to learn how to ride a bike himself. 

 

(visual of Taehyung and Jungkook on a bike. isn't my drawing just aesthetic?)

 

Jungkook didn't mind biking the older around everywhere. He liked Taehyung's company. He made things more interesting and fun. How could Jungkook possibly complain?

 

Jungkook looked down at the older to find him playing with his lion plush that he brought with him everywhere. Jungkook had gifted him the plushie on Taehyung's seventh birthday and the older hasn't left it alone since. Lions were his favorite animal afterall, well, except for bunnies, because bunnies reminded him of Jungkook and Jungkook was his favorite thing in the entire world. 

 

A smile graced itself on Jungkook's face as he continued to watch the older sing the lyrics to "I Need U" softly. It was one of Taehyung's favorite songs at the moment. The song depicted the emotions and thoughts of someone who feels that their love was one-sided and could no longer cope with the feeling of being treated so coldly, like nothing so the person desperately wants to escape. Jungkook let himself be emersed in Taehyung's sweet and soulful voice as he rest his chin on the older's head. 

 

Jungkook eventually began humming along with Taehyung. Taehyung's face brightened at the sound of Jungkook's voice. The younger didn't sing often but his voice was angelic. Taehyung always tried to get the younger to sing more but to no avail. Jungkook was a very stubborn person.

 

"Kookie we would make a good singing duo one day." Taehyung grinned and nuzzled his face into Jungkook's neck. Jungkook hummed, enjoying the feeling of Taehyung's soft hair against the side of his face and lips pressed against his neck. They spent the rest of the way to school with Taehyung mumbling incoherently about penguins and lions while Jungkook simply just lost himself in the sound of Taehyung's melodious and pleasant voice.

 

"Oh Kookie! Your mommy asked if I could come over to cook for you this week because she's going away for a trip with your daddy." Taehyung chirped as they walked through the school hallways in the direction of their homeroom. 

 

"I can cook for myself." Jungkook muttered with the slightest pout thinking about how his mother always complained about his lack of ability to do anything related to cooking. She would always praise Taehyung about his expert cooking skills while Jungkook could barely crack an egg into a pan. She would then continue to lecture him about only knowing how to study before proceeding to ask what he was going to do with his life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter