Miss-Match

Miss-Match

 

“Love is in the air”

“Love is everywhere”

 

They say that the best way to find your perfect match is to meet love halfway. It is believed that when you found the one, you will know it.

 

If 2 people are meant to fall in love, you’ll find that you would just click, like you have known each other your whole life, and the two of you always find yourselves meeting each other at some point, it’s as if it was destiny’s plan.

 

And no matter what, everything goes along well.

                                                                   

When people say that birds of the same feather flocks together, maybe it’s true at some point.

 

However, some also says that opposite attracts.

 

For some, they won’t know what they had been missing until it arrives. That one person, who will enter your life out of nowhere, would soon turn out to be the one who means the world to you. And no matter how mismatched you two are, love will still find its way towards your hearts.

 

A few may believe such, but others surely won’t. But as the saying goes, “to see is to believe”, unless you experienced it firsthand, you won’t really know.

 

****
 

Staring as she had been doing, a lady who seemed to be in her mid 20’s began to feel frustrated all of a sudden, wondering on how she could be seeing two different scenario at the same living room she was currently in.

 

“Yah! Son Wendy, how many times did I tell you? You can’t just sit here all day and play that stupid game of yours, get a life for once!”

 

Startled at the shouting voice, the dense-at-the-situation girl looked at her surroundings, wondering on why the older one was fuming like a steaming tea pot.

 

“Unnie, are you in that time of the month again?”

 

She asked innocently.

 

“W-What? No! I mean, just look at your sister having fun. Don’t you want to be like her too?”

 

Eyebrows curling into confusion, she then glanced at the unsuspecting girl (who had this radiating smile on her face) before she heaved a sigh.

 

“Unnie, Naeun sure is lucky that Eunji unnie is the best partner she could wish for. However, I’m not interested nor envious so I don’t see what are you so upset about”

 

She then smiled a little before she let out a light chuckle.

 

“Besides, just so you know, I don’t believe in fate or destiny…or whatever you call their chance meeting was”

 

The girl named Wendy said in defense, getting back to her phone as she ignored the protesting lady.

 

“Aish! This kill-joy lady…”

 

The older girl frowned at the words. She was starting to get worried for the other’s zero since birth love life that it sometimes gets to her. Just like now.

 

“Then, just this once, follow a line from this book. After that I promise I won’t bother you anymore”

 

Raising her eyebrows with interest, the latter part of the other’s sentence got onto the gaming girl.

 

Looking at the “Book of Answers” that her cousin unnie was really fond of, the girl with the blue tip hair finally gave in.

 

“Fine you win! But only because I wanted to get this over with ASAP”

 

She then stated as she agreed casually. The book will probably say something trivial anyway so there shouldn’t be any problem, she then thought.

 

And with that said, she then got the book and opened a random page, reading the neatly written words.

 

* A worthwhile shopping will do you good *

 

Eyes blinking non-stop, a good amount of curled eyebrows made a crease on her forehead.

 

“Eh?”

 

She uttered in disbelief. What the heck was that again? Could it possibly be that she was tricked? It’s not like her cousin was the kindest girl she knew anyway.

 

Smiling in triumph, the eye-smiling lady patted her shoulders with enthusiasm, immediately getting her item back.

 

“Good! Now that the book had said it, you can go~ Good luck on your way to the mall Seungwan ah!”

 

She then said with a devilish grin, shooing away the poor lass as the younger one strongly assumed that she got tricked.

 

“But unnie…”

 

She then tried to voice out her strong disapproval at her situation when the other firmly pushed her with rather unbelievably strong arms.

 

“Fany unnie…”

 

Hands clasping in hopes that the older girl would just mind her own business, the simple college student was helplessly shoved outside of her own house.

 

“…you know I don’t like shopping”

 

She told no one as she finished her sentence, almost slumping on the ground in pure defeat.

 

Well, it’s not like she could argue anymore anyway.

 

“Aish…”

 

Looking at her phone as she sees a big 3:00 PM to it, it then made her face palmed herself. What a way to spend her supposedly relaxing afternoon.

 

The lack of anything better to do made her take her first and probably heaviest footstep.

 

“I can’t believe this is happening…”

 

And just like that, she heaved another sigh, dreading the activities that may befall on her way as she headed to the nearest Shopping Mall.

 

****
 

Smiling to herself as she hummed to the tune of a popular pop song, a lovely girl came into the picture with a very happy face.

 

“Oh unnie! Are you going out?”

 

Came a feminine and high pitched voice that temporarily distracted her.

 

Getting her books as she arranged them neatly on her desk, the figure of the younger girl who was wearing round-like glasses came onto her view, head titling at one side in a cute manner.

 

“Yes. Did you need something?”

 

The older of the two asked, a straight haired girl wearing a light pink colored one piece dress.

 

“Actually, I ran out of pens. Can I ask you to buy me instead? My exam’s this week so I can’t really go out”

 

The aspiring architect student replied with her hands clasped together as she hoped that the other would do her a favor.

 

After a short moment of agonizing, the other smiled.

 

“Sure Suzy, I’ll get you high-lighters too”

 

Fortunately, the older girl was really kind.

 

Smiling widely than ever, the Suzy named girl gave a big bear hug to shorter lady as she coupled it with a baby voice to match.

 

“Thanks! You’re the best Irene unnie~”

 

Is what she said, making kissing sounds before she let go of the other.

 

“Anything for my cute dongsaeng. Take this as a treat for your diligent studying. Hwaiting~”

 

The older one cheered happily.

 

“Yes unnie~”

 

Her dearest sister said, making a big salute as she nodded her head in enthusiasm, which made the other giggle at the cuteness.

 

“Well then, I’m off. See you later~”

“Later unnie~”

 

And with that said, Irene got out and off she went to the nearest bookstore located at the Shopping Mall.

 

****
 

With the flock of people coming in and out of the mall, a busy stall that was selling the cutest cell phone cases was filled with different kind of regular customers that day, ranging from teens to office ladies, with the most prominent patrons that consist of lovely couples, since the shop was known to have matching pair for every item they have.

 

Among those wondering souls however, an inevitable encounter will take place.

 

Coming in almost at the same time, the oblivious individuals got a good look around the humble shop until they took notice of a single item that manages to catch their attention.

 

“Wow! That case…”

“Hmm…This case…”

 

Unknown to both of them, there were other eyes fixated on the thing they thought of buying.

 

“Miss, I’ll be taking this…”

 

Going for the exactly same design of cell phone case, two hands reached for the lone black silicon, making them reach the other person’s hand instead as slim and delicate fingers overlapped with the soft contact.

 

“Oh!”

“Ah!”

 

With the faces of the respective owners showing a tint of pink, the two timid (more like startled) individuals, began flushing a deeper shade of color as both retracted their hands, feeling a strange strike of electrifying sensation that is certainly not caused by ions alone.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

Both bowed in apology, speaking almost at the same time.

 

By the end of the small and awkward silence they shared (since neither spoke nor moved at their place), someone finally broke the ice.

 

“Please, by all means, ladies first”

 

The smaller of the two said in a gentle tone, bearing a rich tone that could easily pass as an English prince’s voice. 

 

And with her heart suddenly skipping a beat for some odd reason, the girl who had this pinkish tip to her hair was rendered speechless, eyes widening while she tried to process what she just heard.

 

It took her a little while to register that the manly and foreign accent did came from the shorter girl in front of her.

 

At her longer staring, blue colored nails caught her attention before she snapped back to reality.

 

“T-Thank you…”

 

Was Irene’s soft reply soon after, lowering her head in shyness despite having a face that could be mistaken for a princess.

 

With the other smiling warmly, a small nod was given at the pretty damsel as she timidly got the favored item, which was handed willingly by the kind stranger never the less.

 

It was none other than the wondering Wendy.

 

To how did she end up in that store, it was something along the lines of being bored with window shopping of clothes.

 

“No problem. You’re welcome”

 

The blue tip haired girl then said.

 

Nodding a little in gratitude, the other couldn’t help but ask.

 

“H-How about you though?”

 

She inquired in curiosity that was mixed with obvious stuttering as her feet remained glued to its place, and for unknown reason too.

 

If she didn’t know any better, she could have thought that her feet have a life on its own, because certainly, shopping for cell phone case was not even on her list.

 

“I’ll get another one I guess”

 

Was all that was said by the former that broke her trivial train of thought, followed by a cheeky grin.

 

Though it was something normal to see, she finds the said gesture to be very charming.

 

And with that said, their conversation ended with a light giggle from the stranger, matched by her small yet heartfelt smile.

 

Unknown to them, someone had been watching the small scenario the whole time.

 

“Match made in heaven huh?”

 

The wondering mind thought, amusement clearly written on the face of the only witness to the unfolding of what seems to be the first encounter of the two protagonist of a romance fluff movie.

 

She then smiled as she looked at the timid duo.

 

If only some things are well accepted by public, then it wouldn’t be wrong for her to say that the two would make a nice couple.

 

At this, something immediately clicked at the mind of the tall and jolly looking saleslady, who has this big nametag labeled as “JOY”. She then cleared in attempt to get their attention.

 

“Actually, dearest customers…”

 

She started, having successfully getting her presence known.

 

“You’re in luck since we still have stocks left of the same design, 2 more colors in fact”

 

She then announced, getting the reaction she wanted when both girls turn to look at her with interest.

 

Rummaging through the stuff under her station, a small box with a printed WR7743 code can be seen, making the suspicious girl smile wider as she presented the said items for sale.

 

“Here, the couple panda P+B series, perfect for rvphones”

 

[AN: Obviously, the brand model & series was made up]

 

Eyes staring intently at the colored cases, it took a small while of silence before both customers took their pick.

 

 

“Then I’ll have this blue color”

“I’ll be taking the pink one”

 

They both announced at the same time.

Smiling when they realized they took the opposite items, the two got a different color each this time around.

 

“Well, what do you know~ that settled it I guess?”

 

The eye-smiling saleslady summarized, having luck on her side as her innocent grin and cute sales-talk convinced the unsuspecting individuals to buy the cell phone cases.

 

While she was wrapping up the purchase though, she decided to add a little bonus to her white lie to fulfill her little match-making scheme.

 

“And as a part of our couple promo, please fill up the form with your names and contact info. You two could be one of our lucky buyers”

 

Nodding in understanding, or so it seems, something wrong was heard before realization took place.

 

“Wait…Couple?”

“Wait…Couple?”

 

Both got startled at the only word that caught their attention.

 

“Yes you heard that right~ those cases are the last of the couple edition! Pink + Blue Series which will fit perfectly for your couple models rvphone Cool Blue and rvphone Pretty Pink”

 

Following the line of explanation, it wasn’t long until something else caught the wondering minds of the oblivious patrons.

 

“EH? Couple?”

“A couple model?”

 

Taking a side glance at each other, both didn’t realize that they were holding the same model of phones until it was pointed out by the happy looking seller.

 

In actuality, though one could easily spot them for they wore the most obvious colors of hair-tip, they only came to realize now that the two colors actually matched each other pretty well, and is a very known couple kind of thing, concluding the idea behind the cell phone model names.

 

However, the reason as to why they choose the colors, of course in which were pink and blue respectively was because it was their favorite. So, it’s not like they choose their phones for no reason at all. It just so happen that such couple items exist.

 

[AN: Yes, Irene likes purple I know. But in this story, her favorite is Pink. Arasso? >.<]

 

But then again, who could have thought that something as shallow as that would lead to this kind of thing? And for unknown reason, after realizing their situation, the former shade of red hue revisited their faces once again.

 

At this, something clicked inside Wendy’s mind when she remembered the advice from the “Book of Answers”.

 

She soon decided to just go with the flow and see how it goes.

 

“W-Well, I guess there’s no harm in trying. Want to join the raffle? Since we’re here anyways”

 

The smaller girl said. She was not expecting anything like this to happen so she took it as a cue to give it a chance.

 

“Eh? A-Ah…Yeah. Sure.”

 

The other replied in daze.

 

“Cool~ Let me just write your name...”

 

And with the excuse of having the opportunity to know the pretty girl’s name, it then made Wendy smile.

 

“I-Irene…Bae Irene”

 

Replied the soft spoken lady.

 

“Ok~ Irene shii it is…That’s a very pretty name by the way”

 

The blue tip haired lady then stated, showing the half of the ticket that had her name written in a neat handwriting.

 

Lowering her head as the red color started to deepen with the compliment, the slightly taller girl smiled bashfully before uttering a small “Thanks”.

 

And she didn’t know why, but the other’s shy voice and timid reply made her heart skipped…Well, maybe a little faster than usual anyway.

 

“Welcome. Here’s mine by the way”

 

The shorter one soon added to shake of the fleeting feeling.

 

“Son Wendy”

 

Reading the name at the rectangular paper, it made the owner of the pink cell phone case smile all by herself.

 

“Even her name sounds cool”

 

Was her initial thought.

 

And though it’s not like she could do anything about it, but the creatures inside her started to flutter once more and she found herself smiling widely than usual.

 

After they completed their entry, both girls dropped their ticket at the booth and gave each other one last bow.

 

With the blissful feeling engulfing them, they ended their encounter with a timid goodbye.

 

****

 

“Thank you for shopping~! Please come again!”

 

Smiling in satisfaction, the cutie pie match maker waved giddily at the leaving customers, truly happy at the small scenario she had just became part with.

 

Though it was nothing grand, it’s not like every day she get to witness something as cute as the previous happening so it really lifted her mood ten times fold, making her co-workers suspicious of what on earth she just did.

 

Fortunately though, her colleagues were as busy so they didn’t have time to interrogate the mischievous prankster.

 

When everything was settled and her excitement at the memory died down, Joy noticed the time from the wall clock, indicating a big 5 pm.

 

She then got out from her station since her shift just ended. Gathering her stuff, she then packed her belongings as she made her way.

 

“Bye unnies~ I’ll be going ahead”

 

She then told at the still working girls. The older ones just smiled and waved their small goodbyes at their maknae.

 

Upon leaving the store, something momentarily caught her eyes. And since her focus was somewhere else, something soft made contact with her body.

 

*thud*

 

Bumping at what seems to be a tall girl, the fallen lady was on her bottom all of a sudden, the happening was so fast that she didn’t had time to react, more so avoid the accident.

 

“Ouch…That hurts…”

 

She then whined.

 

Though it was true that it was party her fault, she can’t help but want defend herself somehow, seeing how she’s on the floor while the other was standing still, it’s as if she had just bumped on a wall.

 

It then made her turned her gaze upward to glance at the person whom she had collided with.

 

“I-I’m really sorry…”

 

To her surprise, the other then apologized.

 

When her eyes caught sight of a brownish color, it made the green tip haired girl her furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“A teddy bear?”

 

Joy then taught.

 

“A-Are you alright?”

 

Feeling at guilt for what happened, the owner of the big stuff toy immediately puts down the mass of fluff in her hands as she helped the other stand up.

 

To her fascination, Joy got a little startled when something soft held her gently. She then blinked a few times just to see a helping hand being offered to her by the rather kind lady.

 

In the midst of her dazed state, she then took the warm hand with her shaking ones.

 

“I-I’m fine now…Thank you”

 

And with her getting up with the other’s help, the taller saleslady suddenly felt shy to even look straight at the other’s face. She then said her thanks above whisper as her cheeks burned a passionate pink color for unknown reason.

 

“I-It’s a relief then…”

 

The other replied, suddenly getting tongue-tied.

 

If only both girls would look at each other at the perfect time, the evident blush would definitely mark something else for them.

 

It took about a few seconds of silence before someone had the courage to talk.

 

“Uhh…Thank you for worrying by the way”

 

Joy said while she bowed her head in gratitude, finally getting herself together before leaving the kind girl.

 

Waving a hand in protest to say it was ok, it was too late for the charismatic looking lady since the other already left. Standing still, the astounded girl felt a soft tap on her shoulders.  It was a tangerine tip haired girl.

 

“I hate to ruin the moment but, we still got work Seolhyun ah”

 

Called the other girl who was wearing the same uniform as her.

 

“Oh! Seulgi unnie…how long had you been there?”

 

Asked Seolhyun in surprise.

 

“Long enough to actually witness the cute happening?”

 

She replied with a wide grin, making the younger one blush yet again.

 

“U-Unnie! It was just an accident”

 

The chic girl panicked, fanning her reddening face.

 

“Why? It’s not like I didn’t say otherwise did I?”

 

Seulgi then stated.

 

It’s not like she likes to tease or anything, it’s just that the older one genuinely taught the other two girls looked nice together that she just had to smile. Besides, it’s not like she didn’t find the small blunder from both ladies really adorable.

 

She then giggled as she the good impression certainly lasted in her case.

 

“I hope you two can still meet again somehow, but for now, back to work young lady”

 

She then said as she secured the precious stuff toy back to her dongsaeng’s hands, making her way back to their work place with the other following suit.

 

“Unnie, you’re so mean sometimes”

 

The younger girl couldn’t help but pout as she mumbled her protest.

 

“Don’t worry…you’d get use to it”

 

The older girl then patted the other’s head in fondness. And with that said, they finally reached their store with their fellow co-workers welcoming them.

 

However, little did everyone know, the harmless prank of fate was the mark to start the series of their destined meetings.

 

****

 

It was a very hot day that time, the temperature almost at boiling point at how a blue tip haired girl wiped her sweat that keeps coming in torrents.

 

“Aish why it is so…”

 

Wendy argued to no one, harshly twisting her soaked handkerchief as she was tempted at the thought of hanging it dry on one of the chairs nearby. She was currently at the lodging area of the shopping mall near her place.

 

And with the idea of finally getting even with the heat, she then marched her way to the nearest convenience store she could find.

 

To her relief, she found one not too far as she got inside the famous green and red colored store. *cough7-11cough*

 

The moment she got her feet inside, she automatically roamed at the frozen treats isle, choosing mindlessly along the lines of humongous flavors and colors.

 

However, since she was paying little attention to the rest of her surroundings, she unknowingly bumped onto another person, colliding shoulders with the taller girl.

 

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!”

 

She almost shouted her apology, speaking in another language unconsciously.

 

“It’s ok”

 

The kind stranger said, picking up her things that unfortunately fell on the ground.

 

“S-So sorry…”

 

Wendy finally found the awareness to speak in Korean. And since she felt really apologetic, she then hurriedly helped in picking up the dropped items.

 

To her surprise, she found a rectangular shape device that deemed very familiar. Staring at the object intently, she caught something cherry colored that made her eyes widen at its widest (if that is even possible).

 

It was a pink cell phone.

 

“Omo what should I do?!”

 

She then panicked in an instant. She did not just made someone dropped her mobile on the floor now did she?

 

“Oh this is bad…”

 

She then mumbled in guilt, taking the liberty to check the gadget that was lying flat on the ground. Oh how much the damage would cost her, she then wondered.

 

When she about to reach the item however, something warm came in contact with her hand instead.

 

****

 

Looking at the girl who had this smiling face, orange-tip came flowing freely as the owner flashed a cute grin.

 

“Thank you for buying! Please come again~”

 

She then said, bidding her customers goodbye as she bowed in gratitude.

 

“Kang Seulgi”

 

Is the name written on her nametag that was being noted by the guys who were checking her out.

 

And with the last batch of high school kids leaving, she left her station and removed the name tag that was on her uniform.

 

“Thanks for the hard work Seul, sorry I had to make you work overtime at weekends”

 

Said a short haired girl, flashing an apologetic smile at her dongsaeng who is now preparing to leave the store.

 

“It’s fine Luna unnie. Besides, I don’t really mind since Seolhyun needs to go home early. Are you sure you’d be alright by your own by then?”

 

Nodding lightly, the Luna named girl smiled.

 

“Yes. Dino-Jiyeon would be here soon. Take care on your way ok?”

 

Replying back a smile, the other kindly bid her farewell and took her leave right after.

 

In the midst of everything, a girl with a green tip hair along with her group of friends began coming in the picture not too far from their place.

 

It was the jolly match-maker along with her co-workers.

 

“See you unnies~”
 

Said the tall saleslady from the OtterBox gadget case store as she bid the older girls, ready to go home but was stopped midway when one of her group members shouted out loud in delight.

 

“Hey~ its Bear Cuddlers store! Come on let’s check out some new stuff toys”

 

[AN: No promoting intended. I just love both stores]

 

Announced the cheerful colleague, with a big “JiYoung” on her employee id that was still hanging on her neck. At this, another girl smacked her square in the forehead.

 

“Yah! Keep your voice down, you’re embarrassing at times”

 

Glaring menacingly, the former girl retorted a quick merong (sticking out of tongue) at the other that had a big “Sulli” on her id.

 

“Bummer. Come on kids let’s go and leave this ahjuma here”

 

Replied JiYoung as she glances at the younger girls.

 

“Well, if our Joy is in, then I’m in”

 

Looking at another lady, eyes were fixated at the 2nd youngest.

 

“That’s our YooYoung. What do you say Joy?”

 

With the words that were announced, the group of girls decided to ask the cheerful match-maker of their self proclaimed “giant baby” saleslady pack, which consist of the group of young ones that were known not only for their cute and bubbly personalities and tall height, but also because of their idol worthy faces.

 

Turning around to meet the expecting gaze of her excited friends, she then contemplated at the offer. Since that day was a Saturday, maybe she could spare a little bit of her time.

 

“Uhh… I guess its ok once in a while”

 

And with the unanimous decision of all, they decided to drop by the store were the chic looking lady was working for.

 

At this, it made Seulgi stopped on her tracks at the sight of the jovial saleslady she knew very well. It was really her, she then confirmed.

 

Though it was not that a big of a deal to see the younger one again, she then snapped her fingers in disappointment. Seolhyun just have to go home early that day.

 

She then hurriedly went back to the store with a confused Luna looking at her.

 

“Uhh…unnie, can you do me a favor?”

“Eh?”

 

Pretending to look around the store, she then placed her finger on her lips, making a “shhh” gesture.

 

“Just pretend we don’t know each other ok? Just until those ladies get out”

 

She then said.

 

“What on earth…”

 

Unable to hide her surprise at the sudden and rather weird request, the older girl still made it a point to cover up for the other despite of not knowing what the real situation is.

 

“You have explaining to do later teddy bear”

 

She then shot a glare before attending to the pack of girls who just came.

 

****

 

“I’m sorry!”

 

Both girls stated.

 

The moment the two girls came in contact with each other’s hand, the owner of the pink nails retracted hers in an instant as the other one got a perfect hold of the same colored cell phone.

 

When the familiar image finally hit her, it was then when Wendy realized that it was the same design as her panda cell phone case.

 

“Irene…shii?”

 

She then asked, feeling like it was deijavou all over again.

 

“Oh…It’s Wendy shii…”

 

Irene said in mixed surprise.

 

When both girls just nodded timidly in response, the awkward silence followed suit.

 

Though some time passed by, ever since they had met each other on the cell phone case store that fateful day, both girls left a strong impression that they actually remembered one another.

 

“Good to see you again”

 

It was the younger girl to break the ice yet again.

 

“Same here. It’s nice seeing you too”

 

The older girl replied as shyly as ever, getting her phone that thankfully, didn’t had a single scratch to it. Not that she minded anyway.

 

“I’m really sorry for your things, especially your phone Irene shii…”

 

The blue tip haired girl apologized once more.

 

“No, it’s ok. Everything’s still in tack so you don’t have to worry. Plus, the case actually saved it”

 

The pretty damsel smiled to assure the other it was fine.

 

Nodding her head for the lack of better reaction due to embarrassment for what she did, something clicked on the mind of the shorter girl when something white catches her sight.

 

“Uhhm…if you don’t mind…What do you say about ice cream? My treat…for my clumsiness”
 

Laughing nervously as she scratched the back of her head, Wendy proposed suggested nervously, hoping the other would say yes somehow.

 

It’s not like the other would think weirdly because of it right? She then scrunched her face when a cheesy movie pick up line entered her mind.

 

“I-If it’s not much…then sure”

 

Feeling something warm making its way to her cheeks, it was not even the treat that made the pink tip haired girl smile and blush at the offer. It was actually the idea of spending time with the kind and cool girl. There’s something about the other that was making her more attached for unknown reason.

 

At the words she just heard, it made Wendy smile her refreshing smile she was known for.

 

“Great! I had this nice ice cream parlor place in mind. Offers about 31 flavors too~”

 

She then chimed in excitement.

 

Nodding at the rather excited lady, something about the cute facial expression made Irene felt like on high spirits.

 

Unknowingly though, she had made the other stunned at the smile she just showed. It was not too bright yet her lips curved upward just right, coupled with her pair of twinkling eyes.

 

“W-Well, by all means, ladies first”

 

Again with the well-mannered act, Irene couldn’t help but giggle at the charming gesture. It was what she said at their first meeting too.

 

Though it was something she seldom hears in this era, for a girl like herself, the other makes it sound so cool and very prince like and it made her feel like she was being treated like a princess.

 

“You sure are quite the gentlemen. Should I call you Wendy-gun then? Or do you happen to be an oppa?”

 

Asked the older girl in amusement.

 

Upon hearing the words, it made the other laugh in return to the teasing tone, making her smile widely.

 

“It depends if you’re a noona or not”

 

Wendy went with the flow.

 

“Does being a 1991-er makes me one?”

 

Grinning at the sentence, she then nodded at the question.

 

“Definitely a noona~ 3 years younger by the way”

 

Covering her face as she hid her face that was showing her wide grin, the other replied with her timid voice.

 

“Wendy-gun it is then”

 

Is what she said.

 

Unknowingly though, both began to smile widely until it broke into heartfelt giggles.

 

After their laughter toned down, it was the next move of the younger one that made the pretty unnie captivated.

 

“Let’s go then?”

 

The blue tip haired lady asked as gentle as ever.

 

Nodding in bashfulness, Irene could even swear that the other looked absolutely cool and charismatic. Even more than those prince charming in fairytales if she may add.

 

“Uhh… Are you ok?”

 

Realizing that she had been staring all along, she then fanned her blushing face.

 

“A-Ah…Yes I am. Let’s go~”

 

Throwing caution at bay, she then clings onto the extended arm that other kindly offered.

 

****

 

Pretending to look at the pack of bears as she waited patiently for the group of girls to leave the store, it was when Seulgi heard a sudden voice that made her ears perk up in an instant.

 

“Joy? What are you looking at?”

 

Seeing a waving hand at her face, the girl in question jolted in surprise at the question, not knowing how long she had been staring idly for the other girl to notice her lack of focus.

 

“N-Nothing really. It’s just somehow…I don’t know…that seems very familiar”

 

She then said, pointing at the shorter girl who began to grew uncomfortable at the sight of taller girls surrounding the shop, obviously having a complex issue with how her customers seem to mock her in terms of height.

 

“You mean the saleslady?”

 

It was YooYoung’s questioning voice.

 

“Not the girl herself though…”

 

Joy said, wondering as she racked her brain for the answers.

 

“Eh? Then what is?”

 

With the words of her friend piquing her interest, the other also wondered on where or what deemed to be familiar about the surroundings.

 

“I don’t know too in all honesty…”

 

She eventually said, deciding to walk forwards as she looked at the cases for sale.

 

Dare letting herself get the best of her, the previously looking girl began walking towards where the chatting girls are, planning to eaves drop the conversation that made her curious.

 

It was then when the tangerine tip haired girl peeked cautiously from the other side.

 

Though it’s not like her to do so, nosiness got onto her as she immediately covered herself with whatever she was holding, following them as quiet as possible, eventually leading to her stalking the younger girl and her friend.

 

At this, something caught the keen eyes of the joyous girl when a bright color came into her sight.

 

“A-Ah!”

 

She then exclaimed, making Seulgi bump her knee on the side of the rack in clumsiness.

 

“Oww…”

 

She then bit her lower lip to prevent herself from talking out loud.

 

“Hey, what was that for?”

 

Snapping her fingers in delight, it was then when Joy pointed towards the snooping girl’s direction.

 

“That one is so cute~! It matches well with me!”

 

Getting the item that was exactly beside her, Seulgi almost had a heart attack when she nearly bumped onto the taller girls.

 

“Oh that surprised me…”

 

She then hissed in relief, trying not to get too obvious as she clutched the poor bear on her hands. She unconsciously side glances at the excited girl.

 

 

“Oh! That looks nice. A green teddy bear huh?”

 

YooYoung stated, also delighted at the choice of her friend.

 

“Yay! I’m taking this one. It seems like it’s the last one though. Sorry Youngie unnie”

 

Joy said in a tease. Dismissing the banter with a laugh, the eye-smiling girl said that she will just choose another one so the other can keep it.

 

At this, Seulgi slowly walked away from them, smiling for unknown reason. What she didn’t know is that the younger girl actually saw her, watching her silently as she disappeared quietly in the background.

 

****

 

A few months after the “encounters” she never deemed fated, the lady with the formerly blue tip hair, finds herself returning to the shopping mall once again.

 

Since today would have a sale event for her now-favorite place, she taught of paying a visit. It was none other than the OtterBox shop.

 

In the midst of the crowd that had piled on the humble store, she found herself going further inside the line of cell phone cases, deeply immense at the rich colors and astounding designs that caught her eyes.

 

To her fascination, a rack of colored key chains had piqued her utmost interest, finding them rather cute enough to actually suit her taste.

 

“Oh! This one…”

 

She then smiled, immediately getting the blue koala that managed to win her heart at first glance.

 

“Nice~ maybe I’ll get this”

 

Is what she said, satisfied on her pick when something caught the corner of her eyes, making her look at her side to see a girl also choosing alongside her.

 

She had to suppress her chuckle because the other was still oblivious of her presence.

 

“Why am I not surprised?”

 

She then thought, staring long enough until the pretty damsel finally notices her. Or rather, became aware that someone was beside her all along.

 

“Oh, Seungwan ah, you’re here too?”

 

Asked the sweet and gentle voice, making her smile wider than it already is. It was the girl she kept meeting by accident, as she mildly put it.

 

Their previous encounters made their relationship pass beyond the “hi, hello” stage and they are now acquainted with each other somehow. Thus the usage of Wendy’s real name.

 

“Hello, Irene unnie. Shopping for stuff I suppose?”

 

She then stated rather than asked. The other simply nodded.

 

“Well, since you’re here and all, what do you say about this? Cool huh?”

 

Scrutinizing the said item with the younger one, a small smile decorated the face of the formerly pink tip haired girl.

 

“I think blue really suits you…”

 

She replied with honesty.

 

“And it matches this pink one I’m holding”

 

Is what she wanted to say but had decided not to.

 

“Haha, really? I was kinda thinking that too~”

 

To her surprise, Wendy replied with a smile.         

 

[AN: Don’t they look cute together? XD]

 

“However…I liked it better because it suits that pink one on your hands”

 

She then confessed. She may deny the happening as coincidence, but the fact they were holding the same koala keychain (which is in blue and pink respectively) made her feel like they shopping for couple items.

 

Blushing instinctively as the charming girl pointed it out, the older one shifted her gaze in an instant, looking like a deer that was caught in the head lights. To how the younger one managed to know what’s on her mind is something that was beyond her comprehension.

 

“Ah…so it seems…”

 

Smiling as both became shy all of a sudden, they began to avert their gaze to do random things instead.

 

It was when the taller girl was distracting herself when her eyes saw something that made her smile ear-to-ear.

 

“Oh! Wendy ah, look~”

 

Patting the arms of the other girl, the one that was called immediately turned her head to the other side for two reasons.

 

One was because of the cutesy calling and the other was because she was called by the cute voice she had always taught to be charming. Which is about the same anyway.

 

When she saw a rather familiar scenario welcoming her sight, it made her smile.

 

Not too far from them, two girls were timidly fussing over something that seems to be a cell phone case.

 

Looking at the two girls who were shy at one another because the shorter one insists that the other should buy the cell phone case, the scenario made them laugh out loud at their bashfulness.

 

It wasn’t long when their story had the same beginning so it was like seeing a flashback.

 

Not to mention they happen to be on the same spot, with the same cell phone models, along with the very same saleslady.

 

“Sometimes, it makes me wonder if that girl is a secret cupid”

 

The charming girl said casually as she laughed alongside the older girl. Nodding lightly in approval, Irene couldn’t agree more.

 

And because of the said happening, it made the older girl cling rather closely at the shorter one, hands unconsciously wrapped around Wendy’s arms as she closes the small gap they once had, momentarily forgetting about private space while laughing her heart out.

 

At this, something clicked at the mind of the younger girl, her body stiffening a little at the sudden skinship she received.

 

*thump, thump, thump*

 

And while her heart seems to be running in marathon, she then decided to just go with the flow and distract herself with random things, making the best out of the anything in front of her to hide her now blushing face.

 

When the pretty lady saw the slight pink on the protruding cheeks of her precious dongsaeng, something clicked in her mind as she toned down her laughter, finally realizing the bold action she just did.

 

She then decided to just stare intently while the other rummages whatever’s in front of her sight.

 

It was when she saw what seems to be a smile that made her follow along, also helping the younger one as they assaulted the poor cell phone key chains.

 

Along the line of stolen glances, their gazes unexpectedly matched perfectly and it was then when something else was felt, blossoming from within their hearts.

 

And in that same day, they finally realized the depth of their feelings.

 

****

 

Staring at a tangerine colored bear that had this angry-like looking face, the formerly green tip haired girl pouted at the sight. Why is the older girl giving her something like this she then wondered?

 

“Unnie, are you perhaps making fun of me?”

 

Arguing because she finds it illogical, the tall girl heaved a sigh at the clueless one.

 

“Not really. Don’t you want it?”

 

Seulgi replied.

 

“It’s not a matter of I do or not. Why are you giving me such a gloomy looking bear when you sell tons of cuter ones?”

 

 

The younger one accused.

 

“Haha, just because. Why are you snappy anyways? It’s not even my fault Seolhyun is not your match but Chanmi’s”

 

The older one said in stern reply, making the other pout.

 

“Unnie! Why must you always remind me?”

 

Joy then hid her face, it was one of her most embarrassing moment she didn’t want to remember for the rest of her life.

 

Though it was true that they did had a chance meeting that day, it was because the lady she thought to be her destiny was looking at someone else, who happened to be one of their part-time workers. She then felt bitterness when it finally dawned to her that her supposedly fated person was already bound to be with someone else. Knowing the older girl is not even her destiny, it made the jolly saleslady give up in the end.

 

Oh how she regretted believing that their encounter was a sign that time.

 

She then turned to look up just in time to see a smile from the girl who likes to to no end, whom she happen to meet because she was a co-worker of her former crush.

 

“Aish I don’t know anymore. Since you’re not really helping on making me feel better, can I ask a question instead?”

 

The taller girl said, crossing her arms as she looked at the other with an incredibly adorable threatening face, as the formerly tangerine tip haired girl put it.

 

“I can’t probably say no anyways so go ahead”

 

Inhaling deeply, the other puffed her cheeks for the extra air as she asked that one question that had been on her mind ever since.

 

“Why do you bother being here for me anyways? When you clearly know Seolhyun unnie had always liked someone else?”

 

Smiling at the memory, the older girl just showed her toothy grin.

 

“That I must say is the sad truth”

 

She then said, earning an immediate slap on her arms.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Smiling wider, Seulgi’s eyes disappeared into a thin crescent shape.

 

“Though I did say that, it’s not because I would like to see you get hurt. If anything, I actually find it cute. And I mean you’re innocence. I guess I just like being around you”

 

She then said, her genuine words making the other blush instinctively.

 

Little did she knew, Seulgi have an entirely sentimental reason and she can’t afford to tell. At least not at the moment.

 

“Y-You have a weird brain unnie”

 

Joy then said in embarrassment. It was actually the first time she heard the reason so she didn’t knew how to react. At first she even thought that the other just had a peculiar preference when it comes to things.

 

Besides, since when did she find the older girl likeable anyway?

 

“Why? I honestly think you’re cute and adorable though”

 

Seulgi added.

 

Shaking her head at the idea, the taller one got backfired again. And by the same person too never the less. She did not think the other was likeable now did she?

 

“Since were on this topic, can I ask something in return?”

 

Nodding as she now finds it hard to look at the other in her eyes, she then mouthed a soft yes as a reply.

 

“How did you know right away that I work at the same store? I never told you that. I’m sure that girl didn’t too”

 

Giggling at the memory of a red-as-tomato older girl that was caught red handed, Joy had to suppress on laughing out loud.

 

“Well, it’s certainly not my fault that you were being obvious that day unnie. Besides, it was when I saw you holding a bear that I realized you actually work for that place. Why on earth someone whom is supposed to be buying would hold it upside down?”

 

Joy then enlightens the older one.

 

At the words she heard, the older girl felt warmth crawling up to her face, painting her cheeks a vibrant red color. Did something like that really happen?

 

“A-Ah that…”

 

The older one tried to explain but nothing came out in the end.

 

“What is that unnie?”

 

The other teased, this time it was her turn.

 

Fidgeting as she can’t find the right words to tell, the chic looking lady just scratched her head shyly.

 

“Well…I don’t really know actually. One second I was going home, then the next thing I knew is that I’m already there”

 

She eventually confessed, making the other mumbled an almost inaudible “why?” at her.

 

“No idea? Anyway, if you ever feel bad, just pinch the orange fella. They say I look a bit like him in some way”

 

Smiling as she explained herself, Seulgi then patted the bear, coincidentally matching the gaze of the younger girl. She soon flashed her signature small crescent shaped eyes, laughing rather cutely before giving the mass of fluff.

 

Looking at the bear that is now in her hands, it was in that moment when something clicked on Joy’s mind. That certain realization she haven’t notice all this while, dawned to her like a missing piece of a large puzzle.

 

****

 

“Hurry guys, she’ll be here in no time”

 

Panicking as she paced back and forth, the girl who goes by the name Son Seungwan, or Wendy by many, is busy looking at her phone.

 

“Are you nervous unnie?”

 

Asked the girl whom she officially dubbed as her cute match-maker. She was currently at the OtterBox store along with the rest of the workers, having asked for their help for this big event she was planning to pull off. Fortunately enough, the people there were really kind and it was just plain coincidence (too much even) that her unnie is a good friend of the owner too.

 

“Nervous wouldn’t even come close to what I’m feeling right now. It’s way beyond that”

 

The shorter girl replied in honesty, holding her loudly beating chest as if her heart wants to leap out of it.

 

Ever since she had met Irene that fateful day, she knew to herself that she might have fallen in love, even if seem so cliché and so movie like. Which is a bit ironic to think she keeps denying the idea that it was fate’s doing all along.

 

And since today would mark the 100th day, she had just gathered her courage to finally ask the girl out, on the same place where they had met, with the same person who started it all.

 

“Arasso, just calm your nerves and leave it to us”

 

Joy said, smiling widely like her name implies.

 

“You better do you’re magic ok? I’m counting on you”

 

Nodding as the taller girl gives an “ok” sign, it was then when Wendy decided to put her faith to her cupid, smiling as they proceeded with today’s plan. Gathering in circle, the captain (which is Joy) soon gave her orders.

 

Since it would be really suspicious to just randomly ask the girl out, the pack decided to continue the “lottery” scheme that the young one had pulled out, knowing that with this, they can execute their intentions without being too obvious.

 

“Then, when the lights came off, that would be your cue unnie~”

 

Said eye-smiling saleslady in which they fondly called Youngie.

 

When the discussion was done, all of them gathered hands and shouted loudly, offering a cheer of encouragement along with a “hwaiting” gesture.

 

“Really, thanks guys”

 

The previously panicking unnie then said, finding the other saleslady cute and likeable just like angels.

 

And with that said, the time ticked and they immediately went to their roles as planned.

 

****

 

“Oh! Irene unnie, hello~”

 

Waving a hand to the new comer, the younger girl waved an enthusiastic hand at the older one, making the one that was called, go to her.

 

“Joy ah, is it true we won the raffle draw? Wendy told me to get the prize instead since she was busy”

 

The clueless girl said, making the other saleslady grin like fools as they eaves drop at the conversation.

 

“That I must say is true. Since you got the WR7743 couple series, luck was on your side with our computer draw. I’ll just get your prizes, please wait for a moment”

 

The taller girl said, trying hard not to laugh as she acted with her best skills.

 

Fortunately enough, the pretty damsel was trusting of her and didn’t seem to suspect a thing.

 

When the jolly saleslady left her station, their next course of action took place.

 

With everyone (of the saleslady along with others) getting their cell phones out, a wave of white color filled the place, making Irene furrow her eyebrows in confusion. It only adds up to her bafflement when character like words was seen at the back of the cases which was blue in color.

 

While she was wondering on what could it be, it was when the younger girl came back holding out a red box that had this heart shape to it, made her snap back to reality.

 

“Sorry it took a while. Here it is unnie. Congratulations~”

 

Scrutinizing the box, the older one hesitated a bit, having this “What do I do with this?” look on her face. If it weren’t for Joy, then she would never dare open the prize.

 

Seeing a pink cell phone case, she then got more confused. It had this half heart shape to it.

 

And while she was getting puzzled all by herself, the lights went off.

 

“What the?”

“What is happening?”

 

Voices can be heard, as well as rustling sounds.

 

At this, Irene clutched on the box tightly, afraid of the dark as she called out for that one person.

 

“Seungwan ah…”

 

When the lights finally came, it was the sound of someone approaching that made the scared girl looks up.

 

Seeing a series of nan-jo-a-hae-yo (I like you) being spelled out by the salesladies, it made her wonder if she was seeing things.

 

 

[AN: Something like this perhaps? Romantic isn’t? hehe >:]

 

She then remained standing still on her place as she watched how the neon colors formed the exact words. So apparently, she’s not hallucinating.

 

“You know, I never believed in fate…in love at first sight…even in destiny…”

 

Looking out for the source of the voice, the rest of the taller ones finally revealed a hiding Wendy, coming to her slowly with a slightly trembling tone.

 

“But that all changed when I met you…”

 

As the cool lady went to her in gradual pace, it made Irene’s heart started to beat, loud thumps pumping inside of her as while the monsters inside her stomach began to party like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“From that day, until this very moment, my heart never changed…”

 

Finally standing in front of her, red is the only color in the shorter girl’s face as she tried to remain calm and compose.

 

“And forever it won’t. So until that eternity ends… I hope to be by your side…”

 

Holding out a sole blue cell phone case, it was then when Irene finally realized what it was. It was the other half of what she’s holding.

 

“Bae JooHyun, I really like you…Will you be the only one for me?”

 

The other then asked with the gentle tone that had, and always will, captivate her.

 

****

 

“Bae JooHyun, I really like you…Will you be the only one for me?”

 

Trembling as she had been, Wendy got down on her knee as she held out the cell phone case she’s holding.

 

Though she may seem a little weird for proposing with such, since it held a sentimental meaning to both of them, it was what she decided to go with.

 

She then closed her eyes momentarily in anticipation for the answer she’s half dreading and half wanting to hear.

 

It took a while of small silence as everyone seems to hold their breath as they wait for the next happening to take place.

 

“Ever since I met you that day…it was the only time I believed in fairytales. In happily ever after…”

 

Slowly but surely, the words were being spoken in a soft and calm tone.

 

“I hope you will stay true to your words from here on…”

 

Holding onto the other half, the older girl gently placed the cases together, completing the heart as she smiled at the sight, which was a perfect match.

 

 

[AN: Something near to this one maybe? >///< ]

 

“I like you too Seungwan ah. I will gladly be the only one for you”

 

She then finally gave the long awaited answer.

 

Feeling like she had misheard at some point, Wendy shot her eyes open, her surprised reaction was the first thing she showed as her face coupled it with a big “what?” expression.

 

“Congratulations~!”

 

Shouts and cheers erupted all of a sudden. The people around as well as the staff and employees were the ones celebrating for both of them.

 

“She just said yes to me didn’t she?”

 

In the midst of the impromptu party by the “giant baby” saleslady pack, the protagonist of the story came questioning the taller girls, pointing to herself as she ask the salesladies in disbelief.

 

At the cuteness of the younger girl, the pretty damsel couldn’t resist but to giggle. She had fallen in love with such a weird person.

 

“Yah unnie! Yes she did answer you that. You two are a couple now!”

 

Joy exclaimed in loud tone, along with her co-workers nodding and giving two thumbs up to the shorter girl.

 

With her expression alive with her eyebrows, the short unnie widen her eyes.

 

“OH YES!!!!”

 

Wendy suddenly screamed when reality finally sink into her mind.

 

“Thank you my angels~”

 

She then said to her dongsaengs as she bowed 90 degrees to them, with the younger ones doing the same.

 

Watching in amusement, Irene couldn’t help but smile at the funny antics. Her days surely certainly won’t have a dull moment with the younger girl around.

 

Shoving the shorter girl, the tall bullies pushed her to the girl whom she just made her lover.

 

“I-Irene unnie…Please take look after me”

 

Bowing to her last, the older one nodded her head.

 

“To me as well…”

 

And with her being bold enough, she then placed a light kiss on Wendy’s cheeks. Of course with such action, series of screams, squeals and such erupted like a volcano.

 

“T-Thank…you”

 

Seungwan blushed until her face color was the same as an apple.

 

And with that said, the crowd began to shout and tease the new couple to no end, playfully hitting them and shoving them closer to each other.

 

Holding onto one other, Wendy and Irene gave out heartfelt smiles as the intertwined their fingers, looking towards a brighter future.

 

They say that the best way to find your perfect match is to meet love halfway. It is believed that when you found the one, you will know it.

 

If 2 people are meant to fall in love, you’ll find that you would just click, like you have known each other your whole life, and the two of you always find yourselves meeting each other at some point, it’s as if it was destiny’s plan.

 

And no matter what, everything goes along well.

 

“Love is in the air”

 

Some may believe such, but others surely won’t. But as the saying goes, “to see is to believe”, unless you experienced it firsthand, you won’t really know.

 

For these two who just found love at one another, even if they didn’t believed at fate or destiny, they knew to themselves that they are the one meant to be.

 

****

 

“Hello~”

 

Seeing a chic looking girl waiting for her, the jovial saleslady was suddenly teased by her co-workers as they got out of the store, eventually pushing her away while telling her to go and proceed with their “after work date”.

 

“Ah, Seulgi unnie, hello~”

 

She greeted timidly, her members are quite annoying lately and it bothered her as to why they have to be such mean unnies and with the cute girl from the Bear Cuddlers store.

 

Passing them by with meaningful smiles, the rest of the pack waved both girls goodbye.

 

“Sorry you had to deal with them. Did your shift end already?”

 

The younger one asked. The other just nodded.

 

Holding a small take out boxes, the older girl then leads them to an empty eating area outside the shop, with her sitting beside the smiling teenager while offering the meal and drinks as both took a slice of cake and a cup each.

 

They were in the middle of eating when a couple passed by them, making a smile broke out from the lips of the jolly maknae.

 

“You know unnie, I knew from the start that those two unnies would end up together. I just can feel this connection”

 

Excitedly talking about the older girls, it was the topic of their conversation ever since the confession happened, which was, apparently, few days ago.

 

And for umpteenth time, it never failed to amuse the chic looking girl.

 

“Of course that should be the case Joy ah. You even played as their match-maker remember? Besides, you’d been infatuated at their love story ever since”

 

Seulgi said, taking a sip at her tea.

 

“They were just too cute for words alone. Love is radiating that they didn’t even know”

 

The younger girl stated. At this, the older one smiled.

 

“Unnie, wouldn’t you want a love story like theirs?”

 

Joy asked.

 

Thinking as the question caught her off guard, the older girl eventually sighed, with the said gesture not escaping the keen eyes of the other.

 

“Unnie! Why did you just sighed?”

 

She then asked.

 

Waving a hand, the older girl shook her head.

 

“It’s not that I don’t want one. Besides, more than me, I think it’s you who want to have a story like in fairytales”

 

The other retorted.

 

Blushing as she was caught red handed, the jovial girl just pouted at the words. Her unnie hit it bull’s eye with that one.

 

“You’re right…When will I ever find mine?”

 

She then dramatically asked no one.

 

Giggling at the sentence, Seulgi tapped her shoulders lightly in encouragement.

 

“Don’t worry though. Even if you and I grow out to be nuns, unnie will be here for you until the end”

 

She didn’t know if it were the words or the older girl herself, but Joy finds herself looking at the other in surprise.

 

And again, for unknown reasons, something inside of her started to skip a beat. Most probably her heart. However, she didn’t want to take the words into another meaning.

 

“As if… Should I set you up for a blind date then unnie?”

 

She then answered in muffled tone, mumbling incoherently as she did.

 

Though it wasn’t long until she found herself liking the older girl, it was just…well, she’s not sure? She doesn’t even know what had been running in her mind lately. It’s as if, when she sees the older girl, she suddenly thinks the other is becoming more adorable each day. She then face palmed herself for repeating history yet again.

 

Hearing something she didn’t expect to be hearing, Seulgi momentarily thought about the statement, making the best out of the words she just hear.

 

It then took her a minute to decide.

 

“Then, I want to volunteer someone for that spot”

 

She eventually said, holding the younger girl’s hands, smiling as she did. At this, Joy turned wide eyed, making her jump at her seat.

 

“For real unnie?!”

 

The taller girl suddenly panicked. She was just talking gibberish so she wasn’t expecting such answer.

 

Nodding at the words, it was then when the younger girl felt her world collapsed.

 

****
 

“Yup. Someone named Park SooYoung perhaps?”

 

Becoming confused, the jolly girl furrowed her eyebrows. Who the heck is that girl? She then wondered. So much for the “unnie will be here for you until the end” line she just heard a few minutes ago.

 

A pout soon decorated her face, making the older girl giggle all of a sudden.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

She can’t help but ask and feel annoyed.

 

When the older one said nothing, something clicked at the back of her mind, making her cheeks warm as a very bright red adorned her face.

 

“Wait a minute…Me?”

 

The maknae asked in surprise when realization hit her. How can she even forget her own name? She then face palmed herself.

 

Laughing at the rather late reaction, the other smiled.

 

“Yeah. You and Me, forver and ever and ever~”

 

The chic looking girl said.

 

Looking at the crescent shaped eyes, it made her follow along the addictive smile. Is that it? The supposedly heart pounding love confession? She then wondered.

 

Though it was nowhere near of what she had imagined, more so wanted, in that moment, she felt truly happy.

 

And even though they didn’t had that grand beginning (and most certainly not a remarkable ending either), it never mattered to her anymore.

 

With her right now is person she wanted to share her lifetime with.

 

Unable to contain the happiness, Joy wrapped her hands around the older girl, their cheeks bumping as the taller girl hugged her really tight.

 

“I guess we can give it a try”

 

She then said. At this, the other smiled.

 

“You’re really cute you know. Maybe we could had been together earlier if I bumped onto you instead of Seolhyun”

 

In the midst of their moment, the older girl commented, making the other remember.

 

“Oh that’s right. You know unnie, I just realized, that bear you gave me was the one I was looking at when I bumped into Seolhyun unnie”

 

The jolly girl then confessed.

 

“Eh? Really?”

 

Nodding as if reading the other’s mind, the younger girl smiled.

 

“It just so happen that I missed the sign. You were walking ahead that time right? I actually took a step back to look at you and that’s when I bumped onto Seolhyun unnie”

 

Laughing at the irony, it was what made the older girl look back in return.

 

“To think I glanced back that time. I was even thinking you two seemed cute together that moment you know”

 

Giggling at their story, the older girl reminisced at the memory. It was actually that time that she found the younger one really cute and adorable if she may say.

 

It was after they officially met that she finds her feelings being stirred, eventually leading to her liking the younger girl despite knowing the other had someone else in mind.

 

“Sorry I took it the wrong way unnie. I’m glad you stuck to me in the end”

 

Patting her head fondly, the older girl just smiled.

 

“How we started doesn’t matter. It’s end that would complete the story”

 

Nodding in agreement, the younger girl couldn’t agree more. Their story might not be the most romantic, but in her heart, it is the most rewarding feeling.

 

Holding onto each other, Seulgi and Joy cuddled cutely as they watched the passing people in amusement, imagining a brighter tomorrow as they leaned onto each other’s head.

 

When people say that birds of the same feather flocks together, maybe it’s true at some point.

 

However, some also says that opposite attracts.

 

For some, they won’t know what they had been missing until it arrives. That one person, who will enter your life out of nowhere, would soon turn out to be the one who means the world to you. And no matter how mismatched you two are, love will still find its way towards your hearts.

 

 “Love is everywhere”

 

Some may believe such, but others surely won’t. But as the saying goes, “to see is to believe”, unless you experienced it firsthand, you won’t really know.

 

For these two who just found love at one another, since they believed at fate and destiny, even if they didn’t knew to themselves that they are the one meant to be, they still end up being together.

 

--- THE END ---

 

After gruelling hours of editing and failing, plus my internet sabotaging me, I finally finished posting this fic! Sorry for the amount of typos and errors, it’s actually the very first Red Velvet fic I wrote (which was two months ago) and it’s dedicated to my fellow WenRene (Amethyst) shippers~ with bonus JoyGi as sub couple! ^_^

 

To all who read, and re-read, thank you very much! (Sings Bestie’s TVM song) XD

I hope to bring JOY~ oh Joy~ to everyone who will read, do keep showing me your love and support.

 

Oh! And to “yuki_momoko”: where are yah kid? I posted this here especially for you! So you better comment me or else! Haha XD

Anyway, I hope you like it. Thank you for being such a great supporter of mine. ^^;

 

@yojieshidae: Sorry for the delay my dear reader~ I was trying my best to post it ASAP but I think my laptop is not much of a shipper. >_<

 To answer your question though, what if I say I am? What would you do? Look for me? Haha, just kidding. Yes I’m a Filipino, why ask?

 

Well since I have no more business here, I'm gonna chao! Until my next fic~ Jya neh =.=

PS: It’s a JoyGi fic I promise!