Do You Wanna Build A Snowman~

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman~

"Jackson, it's snowing." someone was shaking him awake. It probably was due to the fact that he used to be an athlete and had trainings as early as after dawn, and in some cases, before; it doesn't take much to wake him up.

Blearily, he cracked his eyes open to see Youngji bending over him with her hands on his shoulder and chest. Even in his sleepy state, he noticed that she looked too cute for her own good in her dark blue, knee-length nightdress, leggings and woolen hat that Jong-ok knitted for her.

In Korean, the sentence 'it is snowing' was said as 'the snow has come'. Due to that, as a foreigner, Jackson dubiously asked, "Who came?"

Laughing softly, she corrected him, "Nobody came but the snow."

Obviously expecting him to be as excited as she was over the first snow, of December, she was disappointed when he lowered himself back on the makeshift bed and pulled the comforter over his body.

"I want to sleep." he mumbled, frowning at her exuberance.

"That's it? That IS it?" she asked, perplexed.

Jackson had the comforter pulled up to his nose. And he slept. Or tried to, that is. He could still feel her presence on the right side of his hip. He could even picture her pouting at him - at his lack of excitement for snow. The city he was from; Hong Kong had never snowed. He was introduced to it when he first came to Korea. Even now, after a few years in Korea, he still couldn't get used to the degree of wet, icy coldness.

Knowing Youngji, she wouldn't leave him peacefully until she gets him doing what she wants. She wasn't a manipulator or a queen control, but she knew he was a little weak when it comes to her. Smiling slightly, he waited for it to come.

1, 2, 3...

He thought that she'd just shout at him, but totally wasn’t expecting her to pull away the comforter, causing his hand to go immediately to his morning wood, to cover himself.

"I said, the snow has come!!" she shouted at him.

A small smile forced itself out on his lips.

That's Heo Youngji for you.

"Now what?" he faced the window, watching dispassionately at the white puffs of snow fall down and blanketed the ground down below. His body shivered at the thought of going out in this weather.

"Aren't you excited?" plopping down on the floor, she too faced the window, looking as excited as a child. Watching her child-like wonder, Jackson had to smile. Her eyes were big, shining as she was transfixed by the winter miracle. As if she had never seen snow before in her life. Her lips were in permanent shapes of smiles and grins.

All of a sudden, she jumped to her feet and ran down the stairs, abandoning her Olaf on the floor.

"Ya! Where are you going?!" Jackson called out at the top of the stairs.

"Do you wanna build a snowmaaaaaaaaan!" she sang happily, and tripped at the bottom of the stairs, but managed to catch herself in time. Unperturbed by such incident, she went out to the direction of the yard.

"Aish. Idiot. You could have hurt yourself." He mumbled.

Jackson couldn't care less for the cold, instead he climbed back into the couch and rolled himself in the comforter.

Ah, this is how heaven should be. Warm, and comfy, he thought, smiling happily. Closing his eyes, he told himself that he doesn't care that she was alone outside, playing in the snow, with no jacket on, because she was that clumsy and thoughtless of her own safety.

He turned to his side. I don't care.

And rolled on to his other side. I really, do not care.

"......"

"Damn that woman." he cursed under his breath.

Going inside the room which Youngji shared with Nana and Gook Ju, he grabbed a windbreaker and a jacket which he recognized as hers. Bounding down the stairs two at a time, he went to his own room and wore appropriately for the weather. All the while muttering 'stupid, stupid, stupid' to himself.

Outside the warmth of the house, Cucumber was chasing Youngji around the yard. Once, it managed to bit at the edge of the female human's night-dress, but Youngji escaped while laughing. Then somehow, while trying to avoid the bench, Youngji slipped and fell on her bottom.

"Serves you right."

Youngji looked up at him and grinned. "I'm having fun!"

Pulling her up by her arms, Jackson shrugged her jacket on, followed by her windbreaker. Permanent black scowls were etched on his face.

"Idiotic, silly, woman. You could have hurt yourself running down the stairs like that." he zipped her windbreaker all the way up to the top, concealing her lips from his view. Good, she'd be silent while I nag.

Fixing her woolen hat so that it covered her ears, he went on, "Not wearing appropriate shoes while running away with the dog chasing you, you could have gotten hurt."

He couldn’t find her gloves, so he snatched another pair of his own earlier and put them on her adorable hands. "And wearing your night-dress out here with only leggings on? Inappropriate." he scolded again.

Finished with his tirade, he stormed off into the house, leaving her gaping like a fish out of water after him. What just happened?

"Jackson's mad at me, isn't he?" she petted Cucumber's head, which seemed to calm down the dog somewhat. The dog bared its stomach to Youngji, inviting her to pet it there.

After a while of waiting - giving Jackson time to cool off, she knocked at his door quietly and peeked inside. Kangjoon was nowhere to be seen, possibly still on his way from his drama filming. She saw Jackson lying on his side facing the wall. She knew that he was aware of her presence by the way his shoulders stiffened.

Youngji sat down on the edge of his mattress. She didn't say anything, knowing that he couldn't stand silence and would be forced to say something himself.

"What do you want?" he sighed.

When she didn't reply, he turned to face her.

"Want to help me build a snowman?" she asked quietly as a peace offering.

Glancing at the gloved hand she held out, and then at her hopeful face, he just knew that he wouldn't be able to resist this little minx. Jackson took her hand and let her try to pull up his weight. She succeeded halfway before giving up and let her hold on his hand go so that he fell on his .

"Yah!

"Race you to the yard. The loser has to make hot chocolate from scratch!" she spun on her socks-covered feet and disappeared while giggling.

Both of them knew that he let her won on purpose. She bumped his shoulders and said, "Thanks. You know, for earlier..."

"Don't do that again." he said with a serious, no nonsense tone.

Caught in his heady gaze, she nodded slowly.

As if getting himself back on track, he whispered, "Butts do get frostbites, y'know." he teased and walked away.

Youngji harrumphed a heavy sigh, bent down, collected a satisfying amount of snow in her hands, clumped them untidily, and throw it directly at the back of his head.

"What the hell~~!"

Not wasting time on verbal arguments, Jackson launched an attack of his own - his snow balls aimed nicely and hit perfectly every time. Being a careful strategist, he made medium-sized balls and piled them in his arms, shooting one at her with every step he took.

“Uncle! Uncle!” she yelled.

Grinning devilishly, he offered, “Truce?”

“Truce.”

Meanwhile, Joonhyung who was coming down the stairs with electric shaver at his chin stopped in his track and looked out to the yard where the two youngest of the house were flirting playing together in the snow. From where he stood, he could see a snowman, well, one with its head smashed in and another snowman with leaves that made shapes of a bikini. He could very well guess to whom that one belonged to.