June 14th

Mid Month Celebrations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, are you going to confess to Sehun today?” whispered Jongin, one of my best guy friends. He was taking advantage of the fact that it was break time from tutoring and Sehun had just left to go to the bathroom, but he spoke quietly because he didn’t want to disturb the other students who were working. Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to realize that I was still working.

 

I briefly looked up at him before returning my attention back to the math worksheet. “Why would I?” I scoffed, twirling my pencil in my fingers as I thought about the next question.

 

He seemed shocked. “Today’s Kiss Day!” he exclaimed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“So?”

 

“If you want to start a new relationship, you have to today. The only other better time was Valentine’s Day of course, but you missed that chance.” Jongin glared at me, and I childishly stuck my tongue out at him.

 

He rolled his eyes and, to my annoyance, continued his nonsense. “Come on, the entire school already knows you and Sehun have a thing anyway. Might as well make it official.”

 

I bit my lip at the thought of the entire school gossipping about me and my other best guy friend. The three of us (Sehun, Jongin, and I) have been friends since...we were born actually since our mothers were a trio of best friends as well. They decreed it to be law for us to be best friends when they all happened to be pregnant at the same time with us (how is that possible??) and we were constantly on play dates that were more of a mothers’ chit chat session now that I look back on it.

 

And as all love stories go, we grew up as best of friends and began to form crushes on each other. Jongin and I had a ‘relationship’ back when we were in middle school, but since it was in middle school, I don’t really count it as a real relationship. Neither does Jongin.

 

Now we’re seniors in high school, and Sehun and I have developed into...well, I’m not really sure. We have what most people would call a ‘some relationship’. Not boyfriend-girlfriend, but definitely more than friends. We’re something in between.

 

And I’m afraid that’s all we’ll ever be. Because, according to Jongin, we’re both too chicken to confess to each other. And the idiot was unfortunately right. (For once in his life.)

 

Jongin’s face suddenly lit up. “Imagine going back to school and surprising everyone with your new relationship. Man, Soojung would be so jealous,” he cackled.

 

Park Soojung was known as a die-hard Sehun fan who went around saying she and Sehun were dating, but after the sixth grade, nobody believed her. Even new students quickly learned not to believe her.

 

I shivered at the thought of her wrath if Sehun and I actually dated. “Yeah, she’d be jealous and furious. She’d probably kill me.”

 

“Who would kill who?”

 

I looked up to see Sehun walking into the room, and I hated how good he looked in his casual clothing. Jongin leaned towards me and whispered, “You’re staring.” I shoved him away in response.

 

“Soojung would kill me if you and I started dating,” I said nonchalantly, glancing at him as he sat down to the left of me. Not wanting to run into the danger of staring at him, I hurriedly looked back down at my paper.

 

Sehun snorted. “What’s scary is the fact that it could be true.”

 

Jongin, who sat to my right, leaned past me to talk to Sehun, but before he could say anything, the teacher came back in, and he had to sit back up straight.

 

I was just grateful that meant Jongin wouldn’t pester me anymore about Kiss Day or Sehun.

Whenever tutoring finished, the two boys usually took a bus over to their dance lesson while I waited for my mom to pick me up, but for some reason, Sehun stayed behind today.

 

Jongin, the little brat, wiggled his eyebrows at me and mouthed, ‘Kiss him!’ Beet red, I raised a fist at him, threatening to hit him, but he merely laughed and ran toward the bus stop.

 

“What was that all about?” Sehun asked, slightly confused but amused all the same.

 

“Nothing,” I muttered, staring down at my shoe. I didn’t have to look at him to know he probably raised his eyebrow at my answer. I just knew.

 

We stayed quiet for a few moments, but Sehun broke it with a cough. I didn’t look up from the ground at the first cough, but when he coughed again, I raised my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter