Chapter 1

Wendy's Peter Pan

 


“Loving him is like driving a new Maseratti down a dead end street

Faster than the wind passionate as sin ending so suddenly

Loving him was like trying to change your mind once you’re already flying through the free fall

Like the colors on autumn so bright just before they lose it all”

 

 

I turned off the music because tears stung in my eyes. The song is not a ballad but I can totally relate to it which makes me want to scream and shout and release all the feelings that I have been keeping inside my heart for a long time.

 

All I did was just love and him but all he did was hurt me. Why does he have to be cruel and do that to me? Was it really him that was at fault or I should also be blamed. Whatever it is I don’t’ want to think anymore. It seems like my brain is not functioning anymore.

 

“Hey Seunghwan! I’ve been looking for you everywhere. What are you doing here in the auditorium? Everyone is having fun.”

 

“Is there something wrong? You just disappeared without notice?”

 

That’s Joohyun and Hayoung, my bestfriends.

 

“I just feel so stuffy in there. I went out to think about things and I ended up here. I didn’t notice the time. Is the party already finished?”

 

“Uhuh! You missed the fun. You should’ve stayed and partied with us.”

 

“Yeah!”

 

I know that sounded so lame and as my bestfriends I know that they noticed it.

 

“Hey what’s wrong with you? You’ve been very down this past few days”

 

You have no idea what I have been feeling these past days. I wanted to die because of the hurt that I’m feeling right now.

 

“C’mon nothing is wrong with me.”

 

“Don’t give that crap I know that something is wrong. You have a problem. It’s not natural that you stay away from everyone. Don’t you think that as your best friend I have the right to know what’s bothering you right now?”

 

“I don’t have a problem. I am just sad that with the thought that we’ve already graduated high school and entering college. I’m just thinking of our classmates who will be going to go to other schools. We will seldom see each other.”

 

It’s a big lie.

 

“Oh! That’s so sweet of you to think like that. I never thought that way. We’ll I was just happy that we’re still going to the same school and the same course. I never thought of our classmates.”

 

“That’s not surprising.”

 

She laughed and I was forced to laugh to. I know she was convinced about my alibi and I don’t want her to ask more questions because I don’t want to hurt her and me too. She hugged me and I hugged her back. No matter what will happen she will still be my best friend. Even though she is one of the reasons that my heart is breaking I can’t hate her. We are just both victims of the situation. None of us were at fault.

 

I looked at Hayoung and she has a different expression in her eyes, I know she’s not buying my reason. Out of the three of us Hayoung is the most sensitive. She can easily sense if there is something wrong. And right now I know that she know something is off. But I can’t let her know, I can’t let them know.

 

Suddenly Joohyun’s phone rang and that stopped our hugging moment.

 

“Hello? Ahh- yeah. I’m here at the auditorium. No you don’t have to worry Ara and Hayoung is with me. You can go ahead. It’s ok. I told you don’t worry. Bye. Love you too.”

 

I looked at Joohyun with envy. That should be me if I had done the right thing. But it’s too late. He’s not mine anymore.

 

“That was Ren checking on me. He apologized that he didn’t make it to the party. I told him that he doesn’t need to because I understand. And he told me a week ago that he couldn’t make it.”

 

Joohyun was still talking but I couldn’t hear any single word she says. I don’t like to hear about it anymore. I honestly want to forget about all the things. Looking at her I wanted to think that she is not my friend. I wanted to think that she is one of the es at school. Or I wanted her to be just another stranger that I encounter every day. But no she’s not. She’s Bae Joohyun. We’ve been together since we’re both 5 years old. We literally did things together. We went to the same school and attended the same class. We are best friends. We swore to do things together. We share our secrets with each other. She is close with my family and so am I with her family. She may be immature and happy-go-lucky but she’s pure and innocent. Though we’re of the same age she acts like my little sister. Now tell me how I can possibly hate her?

 

“Yah! Are you listening?”

 

“O-of course I am.”

 

“So what was I saying?”

 

“A-h well you were talking about Ren.”

 

She frowned and pouted. She really looks so adorable when she acts like that.

 

“I’m not talking about Ren anymore.”

 

“Really? I’m sorry I just thought of other things. So what was it?”

 

“You’re really out of your mind Son Seunghwan.”

 

Hayoung said that seriously but I don’t think Joohyun noticed it.

 

“Hmp!”

 

Joohyun turned away and acted disappointed.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

“Just things, you know. C’mon don’t be upset. I’ll listen to you now.”

 

I faced her and smiled.

 

“Ok. I was asking you if you would come with us this Saturday.”

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To the beach.”

 

“Why?”

 

“It’s Tiffany unnie’s birthday.”

 

“Ahh! I almost forgot.”

 

“Yeah and she wants to celebrate at the beach.”

 

“I’m not really in the mood to go to the beach you know.”

 

“C’mon Myungsoo will be there.”

 

“I’m just kidding, you know that I really love beaches and I will never get tired of them. You don’t have to use him to convince me.”

 

Take note that I said that in a sarcastic tone.

 

“You like him don’t you?”

 

“WHAT?”

 

That player? In a million years.

 

“You immediately said yes when I mentioned his name.”

 

“Whatever Joohyun! Stop it ok? I don’t like him so stop matchmaking us. He’s not my type.”

 

“You’re face is turning red. You’re blushing. You definitely like him.”

 

“C’mon you know I don’t.”

 

“Tsk. Don’t try to deny it because you’re so obvious. Ha-Ha-Ha.”

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

 

I tried to grab her but she run away too fast while laughing. And I know that I can’t catch up with her because she runs too fast.

 

“Try to catch me.”

 

She shouted from the distance. I stopped on my track and wave at her. I smiled as I saw her laughter. She is the little sister I never had and I can’t let one man destroy our relationship. I can’t bear the day when I can no longer see her smile and more if it is because of me.


Author’s *nonsense* Note:

So that is the first chapter peeps^^. I know it’s lame and sort of so-so but I’m still hoping that you liked it. Comments would be very much appreciated so that I will know what you guys think.

And if you have noticed that I used a Taylor Swift song in the beginning. Yes, guys I’m a solid swiftie for almost 6 years now. So expect that I will be including TSwift songs in the future. (Also her songs are part of the reason and the inspiration why I’m able to create my other fanfics which are yet to be posted.)

Love lots <3. Mwah mwah :3

 

Random Fact (about myself but I don’t know if you would be interested):

I am a really super duper Red Velvet fan and even if they don’t have an official fan club name yet I would like to call myself a cupcake. Seulgi is my bias but as I watch their music video and live performances over and over again I’m now confused. There’s the super pretty Irene, the real talented Wendy and the cutie patootie Joy. Now tell me how can I choose between the four of them? I hope that they will have another comeback soon.