Final

That Certain Customer

Hoseok begins his workday like any other workday. By wiping the tables and organizing the dining ware. He works at a small restaurant on the rural side of town. He only has the job because his parents say it will “help him learn to be more responsible” before he graduates and heads to college.  

It’s an okay job he supposes, but there are people his age toughing out much worse jobs than him, so he won’t complain.

He finishes the prep for opening and leans on the wall in the back room while he waits for the customers. 

While waiting, his mind wanders to a certain customer. A certain customer that comes every Tuesday and Thursday. A certain customer who’s skin is as pure as snow and who’s hair is as black as spilled ink. A certain customer whose name was Yoongi. A certain customer whom he had a crush on.  

The first time he had served the man, Hoseok had been a stuttering, sweating mess. Now he makes Jimin serve Yoongi whenever he comes to the restaurant.

Jimin likes to make fun of him for not having the balls to go talk to his crush and Hoseok knows he really should. Yoongi had been the only thing Hoseok could think of since he first saw him. And that was three months ago.

The only things Hoseok knows about Yoongi is that he comes twice a week, orders 3 slices of pepperoni pizza, and sits at the table by the window for 2 hours, typing away on his laptop. And every time, Hoseok “conspicuously” peeks at him while he serves other customers.

“It’s Thursday! And you know what that means!” Jimin all but yells as he makes his entrance.                    

Hoseok groans. “Shut up, Jimin. I don’t need you patronizing me.”

“Are you gonna talk to him today or are we just gunning for the usual routine?”

“Let’s just do what we always do,” Hoseok sighs.

 

 

Hours pass, and Hoseok and Jimin are moving this way and that way as they tend to customers.

Hoseok only briefly thinks of Yoongi every once in a while when he has a minute to himself. This time, though, he looks at his watch and sees that its five minutes to two. That means Yoongi would be here soon.

“It’s almost time,” Jimin says in passing, on his way to the kitchen.

Hoseok rubs his forehead in frustration. Why couldn’t he just act normal? Why couldn’t he just serve the man his food? It’s not like he would have to actually have to hold a conversation with Yoongi. All he had to do was take his order and bring it to him. That’s it. Should he do it this time?

The bell above the door jingles and Hoseok looks up to see Yoongi walk in and head straight to his usual table.

Hoseok’s heart races and he starts to sweat. Nope. It wasn’t going to happen tonight.

“Having that internal debate, again?” Jimin asks.

“Yeah,” Hoseok dejectedly sighs.

“Well, I’m off to go serve the man of your dreams,” Jimin sings.

Hoseok stays in the back room, peeking around the corner to watch the interaction. He sees Yoongi smile up at Jimin and his heart flutters. Yoongi’s smile is so genuine and Hoseok loves the way his eyes crinkle. Yoongi’s smile was pure sunshine and Hoseok was sunburnt.

 

 

Jimin walks over to Yoongi’s table and greets him. “Hey, Yoongi. You’re right on time.”

“Of course I am,” Yoongi smiles. “I couldn’t miss my meal at my favorite restaurant.”

“How is your week going?” Jimin asks.

“Eh, it could be less stressful, but I am living the life of a student so what else is to be expected, right?”

“Amen to that. I’ll go grab your food.”

“Wait!” Yoongi almost yells. “Instead of you brining my food, could you send that other guy who works here?”

Jimin just blankly stares and then hesitantly asks, “You want the other guy to serve you?”

“Yeah! I mean, I’ve been coming here for a while and I’ve only been served by him once.” Yoongi explains. “I also see him looking at me all the time. What’s his name?”

Jimin is beaming. “His name is Hoseok and he would be happy to serve you!”

And with that Jimin practically sprints to the back room.

 

 

“W-what?! No!” Hoseok whisper yells. “I’m not going out there! I’m not ready!”

“What do you mean you aren’t ready?” Jimin shoots back. “You’ve been ogling him for three months! He asked for you personally! He wants to talk to you!”

“I-I don’t think now is the right time! I mean, you said he sees me staring at him. He probably thinks I’m a creep and wants to tell me to knock it off.”

“He doesn’t think that. Now get out there and give your man his food!” Jimin says, pushing Hoseok out into the dining area.

Hoseok just stands at the back of the dining room with Yoongi’s food in his arms. Hoseok honestly can’t even believe what is going on. His brain has both shut down and gone haywire. He really doesn’t want to go over there because he knows he is just going to make a fool of himself. 

Hoseok sighs because he knows Yoongi is waiting for his food. He grips the tray tighter and slowly weaves his way through the tables to Yoongi.

Yoongi couldn’t be happier when he looks up and sees Hoseok. Honestly, Yoongi thinks Hoseok is really handsome and had been coming to the restaurant in hopes of getting to know the other. But after days and days of revisiting, Yoongi noted that Hoseok wasn’t going to serve him. He saw the way the boy would look at him. Based off of their first and only conversation, Yoongi could only guess that Hoseok was shy.

And so Yoongi waited. He came to the same restaurant as a routine and waited for Hoseok to be ready. But in those three months, he came to like Hoseok. He watched Hoseok just as much as the other did him.  He liked how Hoseok smiled at everyone. He liked how he practically bounced as he walked. He liked how he would pay special attention to elders and children. Yoongi liked how adorable Hoseok looked while concentrating on keeping orders straight. Yoongi couldn’t wait any longer to talk to him.

“H-here is your food, sir.” Hoseok stutters.

Yoongi chuckles. “Don’t call me “sir.” Call me Yoongi.”

“O-okay. Here’s your food, Yoongi.”

“When’s your break?”

Hoseok looks at his watch. “In l-like two minutes.”

“Well I’m sure no one will mind if you take it a bit early. Have a seat.” Yoongi says, gesturing to the chair across from him.

Hoseok panics. “W-what? No! I mean…I can’t just sit down!”

“Why not? It’s your break isn’t it?”

“W-well yeah. But…you’re a customer.”

“And I, as the customer, am asking you to sit down with me.”

Hoseok’s heart is beating so loud he’s sure Yoongi could hear it. His brain was still fried from trying to come to terms with just bringing Yoongi his food and now he’s being asked to sit with him.

Hoseok, frozen again, just stares at Yoongi.

Yoongi smiles because Hoseok really is cute. He gets up and pushes Hoseok down into the chair and then returns to his.

“So…Hoseok. How are you?”

Hoseok blinks and tries to process Yoongi’s words. “I’m…um…okay.”

“Well that’s good. Do you like working here?” Yoongi isn’t really interested in small talk but he doesn’t want to overwhelm Hoseok any more than he has.

“Y-yeah. It’s okay.” Hoseok is slowly starting to calm down.

“Lots of things are okay, huh? Nothing is great?” Yoongi asks.

Hoseok wants to say that sitting here with him is possibly the greatest thing he has ever experienced, but he’s sure Yoongi is going to call him out on his creepy behaviors so he refrains.

“Well, the food is great.” Hoseok replies.

Yoongi laughs. “Ain’t that the truth?”

Hoseok is on cloud nine. He’s sitting here with Yoongi, listening to him laugh, watching him smile. Everything is perfect.

“I’ve been coming here a while, Hoseok.”

“I k-know.”

“And every time I come here, you’re working.”

“…right.” Hoseok isn’t quite sure where this is going.

“Well, Hoseok, how come I’ve only been served by you once?”

Hoseok is quiet for a moment. He doesn’t exactly know what he should say. He’s definitely not going to say it was because he gets so nervous every time he sees Yoongi he can barely function.

“I-I…umm…”

“Do you like me, Hoseok?”

Hoseok’s heart stops. How could Yoongi be so blunt?

“I see you looking at me. I think you’re cute too.”

Hoseok really couldn’t breathe. His whole body was pounding with embarrassment. He just sat there, frozen, not knowing how to even respond.

“Well I’ve been looking at you too and I’ve really come to like you.” Yoongi says, taking a bit of his pizza.

For a few moments, they sit in silence. Yoongi casually finishes his slices of pizza and Hoseok battles the storm of emotions raging through his body.

“When do you get off work?” Yoongi asks, taking the last sip of his drink.

It takes a moment for Hoseok’s brain to register that Yoongi was talking.

“W-what did you say?”

“I asked when your shift ended.”

“In another three hours.” Hoseok says.

Yoongi wipes his mouth with a napkin. “Okay.”

“Well I should get back to work,” Hoseok says, moving to get up from the table.

Yoongi grabs Hoseok’s arm, “Wait. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go on a date.”

“D-date?”

“Yes, Hoseok. I want to take you out.”

Hoseok’s heart beats erratically for the millionth time. How is this real? He’s been crushing on Yoongi from afar, never even saying a word to him and now he was being asked on a date! He pinched his arm from under the table. Yep. This was certainly happening.

“I-I...” Hoseok is stumbling over his words more than ever. He takes a deep breath. “Okay.”

Yoongi smiles and Hoseok feels the entire world around him bloom with happiness.

“Okay, I will come pick you up after your shift.” Yoongi says, getting up from the table. “I’ll see you then, Hoseok.”

Hoseok is left to his thoughts as Yoongi pays and walks out the door.

 

 

Jimin is currently bouncing circles around Hoseok. “He asked you on a date!! Oh my god! This is like a fairytale!”

Hoseok just stands there, letting Jimin have his fun shaking him around. Jimin was just really happy for Hoseok. Jimin was Yoonseok’s number one fan!

“I’m so happy! Aren’t you happy, Hoseok?!”

“Of course I’m happy, Jimin! I’m just trying to process that I’m actually going on a date with him.”

“Well believe it! It’s happening in…” He checks his watch “…less than an hour!”

Hoseok was really excited but he was also extremely nervous. But who isn’t nervous on a first date?

 

An hour passes by quickly and Hoseok and Jimin are wiping tables and putting away the dishes.

Yoongi walks in and greets the two boys.

“Are you ready, Hoseok?”

Hoseok looks down at his clothes. “You want me to go in these?”

“You look perfect,” Yoongi says.

Hoseok blushes and looks at the ground.

“Thank you, Jimin. For finally getting Hoseok to come talk to me.”

Jimin laughs. “Its no problem.”

“Well Hoseok, how about we get going, okay?”

Hoseok nods and Yoongi takes his hand and leads him out of the restaurant.

“You two kids have fun! And don’t be out to late!” Jimin yells.

Yoongi passively waves his hand in the air and the couple walks out the door into the night.

 

A/N: okay~ well heres almost 2k of Yoonseok. I hope you guys liked it more than I did. I feel like this wasn't as good as my Taekook fics. But I still need lots of practice so I hope to see you all on some of my other fics! Leave me some nice comments and thank you for reading ^_^