Ch.1

Goodnight...Goodbye

A bright smile, pale blond hair falling into a beautiful face, colorful braces and dabs of “-is that eyeliner?”

A laugh. “Yes, Jongin, it is.”

Jongin, with his tanned skin and equally dark eyes, stared in confusion and utter disbelief at his best friends face. “Why the hell are you wearing eyeliner?”

A roll of dark eyes. “Because Jongin, I was at a party and I had to dress up.”

Jongin was still confused, his face inching closer, “But you never wear eyeliner! You even made fun of Baekhyun for wearing it daily!”

A snort, “Is it that hard to believe I’d wear eyeliner?”

Jongin leaned back, “Well yeah. You know, for someone who makes fun of eyeliner obsessed hyungs, you seem to like wearing it.”

A laugh. “That made absolutely no sense!”

Jongin huffed, “Well excuse me~. It is three in the ing morning here.”

Another laugh, this one shorter. “Sorry, for waking you up, that is. I just really missed you.”

Jongin smiled softly, “I miss you too, dude. We all do. Why’d you have to-?”

“Jongin, don’t.” It’s a plea. “Please, not right now.”

Jongin sighs, “Alright.” He ran a hand through his hair. “How are things going over there? Are you getting accustomed to everything? Are they treating you nicely? Do I need to crack a few skulls open?” He held his fist up threateningly. “Because you know I will. Just say so and I’ll hop on the first flight over there.”

A series of chuckles that had Jongin’s heart skipping beats. “I’m fine Jongin. Everyone’s really nice here. I…I kind of like it. I even have a younger brother!”

Jongin smiles, not a full blown grin like normal, no. It’s small and barely noticeable, but it’s a smile. His hand lowers, “I’m glad.” His stomach flips. “I’m really glad you like it there. You know, if you ever want to come back…” he can’t finish the sentence. No one ever can.

“I know…”

“Do you?” he doesn’t mean to say it but it just slips out.

There’s a sad smile on his friends’ lips, one that he’s seen too many times to count. “Yeah, Jongin, I do. And I’m sorry, for you know, leaving like that.”

Jongin shakes his head, hands curling around his sheets. “It’s fine.” But it’s not and he knows it, they both do, but no one says otherwise.

“So how is everyone? Are Chanyeol and Kyungsoo still in that feud?”

Jongin cracks a grin, his hands slowly uncurling. “No, they made up after you left. Minseok-hyung called them both idiots for behaving the way they did.”

“That’s because they are idiots.”

Jongin chuckled, “Yeah, but they’re our idiots.”

“And Luhan? Is he still with that Jongdae guy?”

Jongin nodded, “Yeah, they’re still together. Isn’t it kind of weird though? Luhan’s like in his late twenties and Chen’s in his late teens?”

“Age is nothing but a number, Jongin. You know that.”

Jongin nods again, because yes-he does know that. He knows that all too well.

“...how’s Kris? Are you two still-?”

Jongin forces a smile “No, not anymore. Things kind of…went downhill after…well, everything really. We didn’t really click like we used to.”

“Ah.” There isn’t really much more to say after that but Jongin kind of hopes he continues. He does. “I’m sorry. You two were cute together.”

Not as cute as we would be, he doesn’t say that out loud. Instead he says “Were we? I don’t really remember.”

There’s a slight pause, and Jongin briefly wonders if things would have been different if he had done something that day. Done something to stop him from leaving.

“Jongin…”

Jongin smiles slightly at his friend, noticing the red mark barely visible under the collar of his shirt. His heart hurts, but he doesn’t say anything about it. Instead, he pretends that he doesn’t see it. “Yeah, Sehun?”

There’s another pause. “If I didn’t leave…would we…” he trails off.

Jongin knows what he was going to ask. He always knows when it comes to Sehun. “Yeah,” his lips tremble and he hopes Sehun hasn’t noticed. “Yeah, we would have.”

There’s an unreadable look on Sehun’s face. “Jongin…”

Jongin closes his eyes. He knows what Sehun’s going to say and he doesn’t want him to. But at the same time he does. “Yeah?”

“…I love you.”

Jongin feels the tears building, “I love you too, Sehun-ah.” His voice cracks.

“I love you so much it hurts, Jongin.”

A few tears roll down his cheeks. “I know.”

“I miss you. A lot.”

More tears fall, “I know.”

“I’ll always love you… my brother from another mother, right?”

Jongin lets the tears fall. “Goodnight, Sehun.”

“…Goodnight.”

The screen darkens, and Jongin rubs his eyes, wiping the tears away. He shuts the laptop, setting it back on the bedside table. A sad, almost heartbroken smile forms on his lips as he caresses the red laptop lovingly.

“Goodbye Sehun…”

“Because we’ll always be friends forever, right? Even when one of us isn’t here anymore.”


Aaaaaannnnnnddddd~ it's done! Short, but good. It might be kinda confusing for some and for that I apologize. I don't really know what was going on in my head when I wrote this (I did find it in an old folder on my USB so...) Sorry I haven't been on for a whille, we just got our computer back from getting fixed (stupid people taking 3 months to fix it). Happy belated Christmas (waaay belated) and New Years! I'll try to get back into writing but I can't make any promises (I'm currently getting back into anime and the wonderful of Magi so it still might be a while.) Hope you like this though!

CillaBear ^^