End Story Chapter 1

End Story

It wasn’t as if Joonmyeon didn’t like poetry, or like he didn’t know anything about poetry, he just never had a desire to go to poetry clubs and listen to people recite poetry for hours. Tonight was different though. His best friend, Do Kyungsoo, was finally sharing one of his poems in a public venue. He hadn’t ventured to do so thus far. Joonmyeon sat down at a table, his fingers tapping nervously to a slow rhythm. He wasn’t nervous for Kyungsoo, as he knew that Kyungsoo would knock them dead. Joonmyeon just had anxiety problems, and the crowd didn’t really help that at all.

                He was jarred out of his thoughts by a drink being nearly slammed on the table in front of him with a thud. He looked warily at Kyungsoo, who plopped down into the seat beside him. He could tell that his friend was close to fleeing, as his face was as white as printer paper, and his lips were starting to turn blue. “Yah….pabo…” Joonmyeon reached out to nudge Kyungsoo’s shoulder, shaking him softly. “Breath buddy. Breath.” He offered an encouraging smile as he took a sip of his drink. “That poem is literary gold, you short piece of . Everyone will love it.” This earned a sneer from the smaller boy sitting beside him, who was just about to answer with something presumably snarky when the lights dimmed and the first poet came up to the stand.

                The first poem was one of the most god awfully boring things that Joonmyeon had ever heard, and he was sure that it would last forever, suffocating him. It finally ended, and the next poet was called up. She was a small, attractive girl. Stunning, actually, and as much as he wouldn’t admit it, his heart skipped a beat and his world slowed to a grinding halt. Something about this girl struck him from the moment she ambled onto the stage and into his line of site. He shook it off, however, that’s just how he handled things after all.

And then she started talking, and that was the beginning of the end, that was when his whole like changed.

 

Eager hands seek eager acceptance.

Two words barely understood, two words to end a story.

Life gained and life lost, is this how it ends?

A story imagined, dreamed up in the playbook of an eager mind.

Fanciful, grandiose dreams, it seemed.

Pages burning away before the story is put to paper.

Falling to pieces, ashes on the floor, not to be outdone by tragedy.

Lovely story, lovely words, lost forever, drifting into oblivion.

Humanity lives on, stumbling, falling, crashing, and living.

Ugly, beautiful, tragic, and heroic.

Ending in a beautiful ray of light, flashing and undulating to unheard music.

Eager minds seek reconciliation for grim words.

Eager eyes seeking beauty, color, and light.

Eager souls seek happiness, definition, for a life which lacks explanation.

Eager love, never to be found, or held, or loved in return.

Eager, abrupt, abysmal.

This is the end story.

 

 

                Joonmyeon sat silent, along with the rest of the crowd. Everyone seemed taken aback and surprised by the words which came from the small mouth. She looked so innocent and young, too innocent and young for words like that. But there she stood, eyes scanning the crowd for recognition. After a few moments clapping started, and her cheeks reddened. Joonmyeon’s heart skipped a beat again, his breath catching in his throat, and he smiled. A smile which hadn’t been seen in quite some time, a smile which was hidden for so long by boredom and the pain of feeling incomplete. Kyungsoo caught the smile on Joonmyeons face and stared in wonder, before looking up at the girl who was now taking a full 90 degree bow before shuffling off stage.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N - So I hope that people like this. I had an idea for a story, and felt a burning need to write it rather than working on homework. Oops. Please let me know what you guys think. ":) -Harlibug