The Battle Begins

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XVIII

"The Battle Begins I"

 

"Mom, dad? I'm home" Ari through her keys on the table in the hallway. "Mom, dad?" still no answer. Ari came home today with a terrible headache, she wasn't feeling well. Her folks should've been home, if they weren't they should've called. She sighed, but they would've normally had, so she started to be suspicious. A strange aura was in the house. She sniffed the air.

 

"Mom?" She tried again. Something wasn't right. "D-dad?"

 

ARI RUN

Luhan, stay out of my head. My headache is bad already.

ARI please, don't go home. RUN. please listen to me for once. GET OUT if you are home.

What the hell are you trying to do? I'm really tired and ....

ARI JUST THIS ONCE LISTEN TO ME, I can see you're home, do not go further. Go find Joonmyun and come to me please.

 

Ari rolled her eyes, she just wanted some rest, and where were her parents? Luhan had to go out of her head, she was trying to push him out, but it wouldn't work. For some reason he was panicking about nothing. She walked towards the living room. "Mo-om, where are you? Dad? Are you here? Is anyone here?" she said again "where the hell is everyone?" she said silently at that moment she heard something drop in the kitchen, knife clutter on the ground. She had to go through the living room, to get to the kitchen. but before she step even a foot in her living space, Luhan broke through the walls again.

 

STOP, GO BACK, STOP ARI. You can't.

Why the hell are you yelling? I can do what ever in my house. Nothing's wrong, stop panicking. Let me rest.

Just listen to me. Turn around find Joonmyun, Bae, Li and Maya and come to the cabin.

Ari said nothing, why was Luhan so damn worried. He was not his usual anger, he was desperate to get Ari out of her own house. But why?

ARI, stop being curious, ooh it!  I'm sending Kyungsoo over there.

Ari, please, do as I say, just come to the cabin. Luhan said desperately in a panicked voice, his pleading came more and more pushy, he was trying to take over Ari. Not that they hadn't tried before. Sehun and Ari would try it all the time, trying to move or just take control over the others body. Like moving someone's arm to hit something.  It never worked.

Ari went further in her house ignoring Luhan's desperate pleas. "Mo--om are you there?" She saw a shadow moving in the kitchen through the door opening. or was it just a hallucination, you could get those from headaches sometimes. She walked through the living room a bit faster but stopped abruptly and heard a cry coming from the woods. She saw a boy running up to her house, red eyed with two purple girls behind him. The purple princess recognized him as Kyungsoo, the other two were her own protectors Maya and Li. Where was Bae? What is going on? She went to the window and opened it.

 

"Ari-ssi, thank god you're alright." He stopped in front of her, panting a little. Maya and Li opened widened their eyes at the side of their alpha in her home.

 

"We need to go, they're still here." Li smelled the air. " We need to go now before they get to us."

 

"Who?" Ari raised a confused eyebrow. She eyed Kyungsoo, Maya and than Li, they looked worried, their princess didn't know yet what was going on. Was that even possible. The three alpha's looked at each other astonished that she didn't know.

 

"You don't know?" Maya gasped.

 

"What should I know? Not until someone tells me what is going on and why are you lot all together." The purple princess looked from one to another, not understanding.

 

"Where's Joonmyun?" Kyungsoo remarked. "I thought Luhan told you to get him." He looked at her, her eyes were full of confusion.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because we need him." Kyungsoo raised his hands to the obvious. "Yeah we know who he is." seeing the purple alpha's unsettled mind.

 

"Oh" Maya let out. "I send Bae after Joonmyun."

 

Yet another thing that fell on the ground. All of their attention went to the kitchen. "Maya" Kyungsoo hissed. Maya nodded and they went into the kitchen. "GET ARI OUT OF HERE!! NOW!!." Kyungsoo's voice bellowed through the house from the kitchen. Without thinking Li grabbed her wrist and pulled the said person with her. They heard Kyungsoo curse. 

 

Ari was faster and stronger than her protector, in a flash of light she was loosen the grip of her protector and ran to the kitchen. Where they found a barely living , breathing Sungmin, who had tried to get her attention all along. "Uncle Min?" Ari gasped. "What happened? Why are you here? Where are my parents? Why are you like this?" Ari scanned her uncle carefully.

 

"Maya" Sungmin said with difficulty, the elder alpha was drenched in his blood, nearly on the verge of dying. "Get her out of here, they are still here. Please. I'm sorry about Bom."

 

Li came running in the kitchen. "they're here." Kyungsoo turned to look outside of the kitchen window, but what he saw was horrific in the reflection of the glass.

 

"What do you mean, you're sorry about my mom? Where is my mom, Uncle Min?"

 

"I couldn't protect her, I was too late." Sungmin was trying to hold on, but after that he went limb against the ground. 

 

"Uncle Min? Sungmin, Uncle Minnie? YAH, answer me." Ari eyes began to water. Sungmin was gone. The right hand of her father laid in a puddle of blood surrounding him. The young wolf shook him, what resulted in her having her uncles blood all over her. She face full of tears, letting them slight. She kept hitting him trying to bring him back, but it wouldn't work.

 

"NOW CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!" Ari yelled out of frustration.

 

"Ari?" Kyungsoo said carefully, not trying to freak out and was looking at anything but her. "I think it's best we take the kitchen door out." He motioned to Maya, who gasped and was frozen in her place.

 

"What is wrong with you two?" Li let out, she went her gaze to the exact same place where the other two were staring at. "OH.MY.GOD" Li shrieked.

 

"Ari, please trust us and get out of the kitchen like right now, through that door please." Kyungsoo was not looking at Ari but a sight behind her. 

 

"What are you guys looking a....?" She questioned while she turned around and sunk to the ground.

 

"ARI DON'T" The three alpha's went in for her but came to late.

 

"MMMOOOOMM, no, no, mom please." Bom was impaled up against the wall, several knives in her body with one silver one through her heart and one through her head. Blood all over her mother's dead body not only blood but the silver had spread like wild fire in the woods. The pile of blood under her mother still became larger. The other knives were just simple knives, three in her stomach, one through her right shoulder, 2 on the ground. Sungmin had probably wanted to take them out. But failed to do it in time. "MOOOOMM, NOO, NO" Ari yelled in hysterical mood. Ari fell on her knees, her arms limb beside her, while tears kept floating out of her eyes. "Why? WHY? This can't be real" As much as they all wanted it to be a dream it wasn't. Kyungsoo slowly approached the purple alpha. He was alert Ari could do something unpredictable any moment. "Ple---ea-ea-ease tell me this is all a dream." 

 

"We need to go, princess." Kyungsoo said who stood next to her. He was trying to get her up, Ari wouldn't let him. "Come on." 

 

"NO, Let go" Ari stood up and in a blink of a eye, she went to her mother pinned against the wall, and tore the knives out. It wouldn't have made any difference, her mother was gone, she fell limb against her daughter, who caught her in time. Ari place her mother on her back on the ground. Tears of anger and mourn were running down her cheeks. No one could stop Ari's waterfall of tears at that moment. No one. Ari sobbed in her mothers chest.

 

"We'll come back, right now I have to bring you to safety. We all lost a parent today." Kyungsoo promised bravely, just an hour ago he saw Lay ripping of his dad's head, Hyunsik's head. Just thinking about that and how he wasn't in time to help made him powerless, worthless, much like Ari felt right now. Maya on the other hand, had lost her father, Kangin. The hunters took him and she did not found him yet, so she assumed he was dead. Also for Li this was hard, she came home today to her mother, Yoona, fighting one of the hunters but saw how she was stabbed first and beheaded with the disgusted laughter from the hunter. "Luhan will not forgive me if I loose you too. We almost lost Baekhyun, he's healing in the cabin." Kyungsoo tried again, they really needed to get out of here.

 

After a while Ari agreed to go with them motionlessly, they had to be careful they saw the HALO hunter group searching the premisses. As soon as they found a spot they ran all together through  the woods to the cabin. Their safe place for now.

 

 


 

 

"You knew, didn't you?" Ari sighed when she was seated in the cough. "YOU ING KNEW AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! " Her eyes were full of anger towards Luhan. He nodded shamefully. Ari charged at him. For once he let her hit him.

 

He knew, he was there searching for Kyuhyun because his father and mother were gone, and he saw hunters going after uncle Sungjae and uncle Peniel. No one was home and when he arrived at the purple's mansion, he saw Sungmin fighting off the hunters but also saw his aunt Bom pinned against the wall. Sunny was there also and she spotted Luhan and urged him to go away. Everything went so quickly and Luhan ran with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to the cabin but Baekhyun was attacked, badly on their way, but not just deadly yet. Luhan had to fight off the hunter himself while Kyungsoo had to keep others from coming close. They finally managed to take out the whole team with just the two of them. In less than an hour the world had changed.

 

Joonmyun had already arrived with Bae just a few minutes before Ari and the rest did. Ari flew around his neck in tears and was finally calmed down. But you could feel the grudge she held for Luhan.

 

"We need to find Kris" Luhan said no emotions were scanned, just a random remark in a dead silent crowded cabin. "Last thing I know they were here. Orange was here." Luhan sighed sitting down on a chair. They could've easily taken out the Orange clan already. they didn't have much time until they were ought to be found.

 

"Have you tried to connection?" Ari said sarcastically, turning the other way from Luhan. She and Joonmyun were on the couch.

 

"I've tried everything Ari, I can't reach him nor find him." Ari looked up at him from the couch, Luhan could feel her, she was still restless, sad and wouldn't be ready to focus, rage was coming up in Ari. Luhan had never felt her emotion that strongly, it was like she wasn't in control. "Ari' He went up to her and crouched down in front of her.  The red prince took her hands in his. "Please, I'm begging you, control yourself. I know what happened with Aunt Bom is really bad, but we all lost someone today. I don't even know where my parents are. Or if they are still alive. But for now we have to stand tall and be strong ok."

 

"Wait, should I pity you now? Should I be glad to now THAT MY MOTHER IS DEAD?!" Ari cried and retreaded her hands harshly. Luhan knew it was coming, Joonmyun on the other hand scooted a little to the left, away from Ari.

 

"Ari" Luhan tried, her being upset and out of control made him out of control too. "Please look at me." Ari turned her head slightly so she could look at him. "Look, I know ok? I know, but I want you to be calm. I need you to be calm. I'm blaming myself as it is already. I rather know they are dead than not now anything. When we get back, we will give any one who died the proper funeral they need. Kyung's Dad, Li's Mom, Maya's father. I promise you that. And we will take care of all who is still living. We'll honour everyone's wishes until the very last. I really want to get out of this and I need you with me for that. Do you understand that? For once I need you to be yourself. Also I need to keep my promise to Sehun."

 

"Since when did you become so melodramatic?" Ari whispered. Luhan let out a small laugh and shook his head. 

 

"Since you became uncontrollable." He said almost inaudible. A couple of seconds after he looked around in the room and watched everyone carefully. At that moment Baekhyun came downstairs freshly healed and ready for action. The Red alpha prince cleared his throat and stood up. "I think it's time to find the others." He looked down at Ari who watched him and gave a slight nod. Luhan went his gaze to Joonmyun "Are you with us?' The blue omega looked uneasy, he knew the question was directed to him, nervous because he grew up in a world  of vampires and hunters that did him nothing, so why would they attack him now. They were his friends too. The omega knew he also belonged to the wolves. Joonmyun nodded which made Luhan smile, Ari wasn't in a position to lead everyone but Joonmyun was and since he was blue, they would follow him. "Let's reunite The Mighty Fi..." Luhan looked up and hesitated. "euhm Six." The five protectors raised an eyebrow, they all believed they were dead, only the children of the pack leaders had stood their ground and said they were alive.

 

This was going to be mission impossible, but it had to be done. While they were preparing for the trip, Ari got a call. 'Henry' it read on the display. She slowly swiped the green phone to pick it up. "Are you ok?" the young purple alpha said on the other line, with a slightly relieved sigh.

 

"I don't know, I should ask you that. Where are you? Are you with someone?" Ari couldn't hide her alleviation to hear her cousin on the other line.

 

"I'm with Sunny and the baby, I heard Uncle Ryeo not so long ago, he was with Uncle Yesung, Uncle Hae, my dad and some of the red ones. I so hope you are safe." He said. Ari smiled.

 

"I'm with Luhan and the rest" Ari said a bit nonchalantly.

 

"Good, stay together and hidden. Please, we need you and Luhan to stay alive." Henry whispered.

 

"Why are you whispering?" Ari raised an eyebrow, was he still in hiding?

 

"I'm in the school, we just killed the HALO hunters, now it's the ToppDogg hunters we are after. Half of them were killed by Uncle Ryeo and the rest. I need to find alliance soon or I'm dead and I can't protect aunt Sunny and the baby alone." Henry said in a hurry.

 

"Do you know anything about my father?" Ari asked but heard some crackling sound through the line. "Henry?"

 

"Ari, I need to go. Please stay save." The line got disconnected. Ari started to fear for the worst. At that very moment Luhan's phone started to buzz, she looked up from her phone to him. He looked at the number, 'Unknown'. He hesitated but picked up. 

 

"Hello" Luhan said not really keen of what he was going to hear.

 

"Son, Oh my good lord you are alive." Minhyuk, the red leader exhaled. 

 

"Dad? Where are you, where's mom?" Luhan's voice was trembling a bit, he hadn't seen his father or mother since he left for school early this morning.

 

"Luhan, I know you have question, I can't answer right now. I'm with the orange clan, Takuya found us just in time, Kyuhyun is hurt pretty badly, he tried to protect us all, but the Infinite clan got him good because he was trying to keep them at a distance on his own. Is Ari with you?" Luhan nodded but than remembered he was on the phone, it felt really good to hear his father at the other side.

 

"Yeah" He shook his head to wake up from the sudden reassurance he got, he looked at Ari, who raised an eyebrow, but Luhan just motioned her over with a simple hand wave.

 

"That's good, that's really good, don't you dare do something stupid now. I know you are save now, please don't do anything stupid" Minhyuk pointed it out to his son. He really didn't want him dead.

 

"Dad, is Kris with you? We need him." Luhan asked rapidly.

 

"och, Luhan, Kris disappeared before all this happened. Takuya was actually wondering if you guys saw him or he was with you, but I guess I got my answer already." Minhyuk let out a frustrated sigh. Luhan's eyes widened with the news and looked at the purple princess who had heard everything, the red alpha's suspicions where true, Kris disappeared. But Kris hadn't know about the gruesome events of the evening.

 

"Dad, we are not going to just sit here. We are going to reunite the Mighty Six." Luhan putted it out, answering his father's previous question.

 

"Luhan, what did I say about doi....wait what six? The blues are all dead, get that through your head and Sehun and Tao are dead too, why won't you get that? Maybe Kris is dead too by now." Minhyuk was getting more frustrated because this wasn't a time to play around some of their child plays.

 

"Yes, six, we have a blue right now with us, and how many times do we have to tell you that Sehun and Tao are not dead, we would have felt it and every one of us would start dying if one us was dead by a killing, I don't think it will happen if we die from aging though." Luhan said confidently.

 

"Luhan, son please, stop with your nonsense." Minhyuk said and at the moment the same crackling sound was heard on the other side of the line. "Son ......promise me....stay safe." Luhan heard through the crackling sound.

 

"I can't promise that, dad." But the red leader probably didn't hear it, the line broke of rather quickly. "Disconnected" Luhan locked eyes with Ari who gave a little nod and what was like a try to give a smile of knowing.

 

"Let's go" Baekhyun proposed scanning the area with the other wolves.

 

Everyone in the forest chalet was ready for departure. Not knowing if they would make it, not knowing if they were actually right, and not knowing where the road would let them. But one thing they were sure, when they were all together, they would be stronger. They were going to find them and reunite them once again like they were 11 years ago, but they would be six now and not 5.

 

 




 

 

They walked for hours, their protectors in wolf form, the heirs in human form. No one had had contact with others since the last phone calls in the cabin. They were already up in the mountains, left the forest behind them just an hour ago. "I think we best take a break in the caves." Joonmyun suggested. Everyone nodded. Deep in one of the caves they found they heard howling, they hadn't seen hunters nor the vampires nor other wolves on their way there. Ari slowly took Joonmyun's hand while they were standing at the entrance of the cave, looking out at the one 'peaceful' town. Knowing that everyone was fighting over there and they were safe in the caves, powerless over what was happening out there. It wasn't a great feeling and the sad, crying howls didn't make it easier. The red leader child looked at the two, a little jealousy spread through his body, how come Ari was so close to Joonmyun and not him? They managed to set the stuff in one corner once Joonmyun and Ari decided to not look back anymore, well mostly Ari. The protectors stayed in wolf form none the less. Ari was contemplating if she should try calling Henry. Luhan was thinking about calling his father. Joonmyun on the other hand was thinking what would happen to Xiumin when he found the empty house and Bae came to fetch him without Kai or Chanyeol. Xiumin wouldn't be happy that he had chosen to go with them.The vampire would end up being alone at the house, well Lay would be there but still. Something crossed his mind knowing that Ari and Luhan and the rest were against Xiumin, does that mean he had to be also? Tomorrow was his birthday, he would turn 18. Xiumin had said he had planned something like a party for him, but now he probably wouldn't get it, Xiumin probably had put a lot of effort in it and it would all go to waist. Was it selfish to think about that in times like these? He wanted to celebrate with Xiumin and his friends. He would've loved this birthday, he not only have Kai or Chanyeol there, but also Myungsoo, Woohyun and Sungjong and Ari.

 

Ari was twirling her phone round and round in her hand, sighing deeply. Luhan was pacing around. The protectors observed their upset royals. The purple princess started to yawn, Maya came to her side, nudging her to get some sleep. The purple princess was trying to be strong, staying awake with the others, but it was already nearing midnight.  She looked at Maya-wolf. "Ok fine, I'll get some sleep. Bae?" The other black wolf turned around and looked at her princess expectedly. "Go, to Joonmyun, he has no one right now. You should help and protect him." The wolf huffed and let out a disapproving growl, she didn't want to protect a naive blue. She growled a bit. "For me. please." Ari asked nicely. Again a unsatisfied growl. "Bae!" The purple royal scowled "Go". Agreeing to what her leader put her up to she walked to Joonmyun's side.

 

Joonmyun jumped a bit by the sudden closeness of the black-purple eyed alpha wolf. But he accepted it none the less. The silence in the cave made the atmosphere more tense. Maya had offered herself as cushion for Ari, who laid down sighing not wanting to think about what happened a few mere hours ago. She looked in despair, alone, she couldn't get the image out of her head seeing her mother brutally murdered hanging on the wall. A single tear escaped Ari's eyes, clutching Maya's black fur between her fingers. Maya didn't give a kick, it hurt but Ari needed some disclosure. The purple princess turned her head in her friend's fur to hide her crying face. Ari could feel something else too. Joonmyun had been agitated since they entered the gave. He was restless for some reason. Baekhyun offered himself as a cushion for his soon-to-be leader. Luhan laid down on the soft white furry stomach of his friend. Gazing at the dark brown earthy ceiling, hearing Ari's soft sobs and feeling what she felt. At least she knew what happened to her mother, Luhan only knew his father was somewhere out there, he didn't know anything about his mother or the rest of the tribe. He turned his back to the rest and stared at the entrance, the soft light of the bright moon shone in the cave. Tomorrow was his birthday and he didn't know if he would celebrate it or even see his parents tomorrow. Two wolves at the entrance, Li and Kyungsoo were guarding the cave. 

 

Joonmyun finally sighed and laid down he was too restless to fall asleep and Bae wasn't helping in her wolf form. Although he almost was over his fear, he wasn't comfortable being close to the werewolf. She stared at him with those bright purple eyes. He took a backpack and laid his head on it positioning him between the other royals, feeling rather safe with Ari on one side and Luhan on the other. Bae laid herself down in front of his feet. Finally, Joonmyun closed his eyes.

"Get on, hold Suho tight, hurry"
"hush little brother, don't you cry, your sister is going to sing you a lullaby" she sniffed softly "I'll protect you" she whispered as tears were rolling down her cheeks..

Joonmyun started to toss and turn in his sleep, accidentally hitting Ari, more like his hand landed right in her face. 

"We're almost there." She was panting, breathing so heavy when she saw the mountains nearing.

Ari woke up due to yet another slap in her face. She slowly opened her eyes, a little bit groggy of the lack of sleep and saw a sweating, tossing Joonmyun, like he was having some kind of nightmare. "Myun-ah" she whispered, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

 "I'll take care of you little prince" She kept telling the baby in her little hands. She was trying not to fall over treetrunks and treeroots above the ground. She ran and ran ignoring every sound around her, some howls, owls calls, crickets sjiping until she entered the cave in the mountains. 

"Myun-ah, wake up" a half sleeping Ari said with a husky voice while slowly reaching out for the blue prince but he wasn't responding to her. "Wake up."

"Hush little baby don't you cry, your sister is going to sing you a lullaby"
"Mommy and daddy are going to come back. Shh"
"You'll survive little prince. I'm going to make sure of it."

Ari pushed herself up, carefully, not trying to make a sudden move so Maya wouldn't wake up. She crawled over to the blue omega and shook him lightly with her right hand while she rubbed her eyes again with her left. "Myun-ah, come on" she urged, but Joonmyun was to absorbed in his dream.

"the last two survivors, let's kill them Xiu." a very familiar voice was heard, although for Joonmyun.
"Lay" Xiumin said angsty, "We have never killed children before."
"Let's take the boy, when we've killed all the wolves, he'll be grown up and we can kill him."
Lay crouched down next to the little girl. "You fought and hid well little girl." 
"Yes little one, we still exist and you will never live to tell anyone." Lay said grabbing a handful of her hair and lifting her up by it and throwing her against a wall. Girl's head bumped the wall of the cave and she sunk into as pudding on the ground.
"Bye little alpha girl. we will take good care of the little one until he is eighteen and we can kill him." Lay kicked her in the stomach before he walked out with Xiumin.

"Please, Joonmyun, wake up, wake up" the purple alpha shook him harder but Joonmyun had no intension of waking up, too immersed in his dream.

"You name the creature and we will keep him from wolves until the day he dies." Lay said.
"Name the baby" Xiumin nodded "He will stay with us, and when he's eighteen we will kill him."
"Kim Joonmyun" she said "But honey, he's blue"

"Kim Joonmyun, wake your little blue up this instant! Or I swear I will ...." Ari raising her voice at the tossing Joonmyun. Joonmyun shut up wide awake. Ari was tossed aside, falling back in shock. She lifted herself up ready to scold the omega but saw him panting harshly and looking around in the cave. Joonmyun lifted his hand to his heart, and inhaled and exhaled harshly. Joonmyun's head was down for a mere couple of seconds, he hadn't noticed Ari yet but that dream had felt so real. What was going on? Why did he have a bizarre dream about a little girl and a baby, Lay and Xiumin were there and why would Mrs. Kim name the baby after him. It didn't make sense. Well the naming part made sense since Xiumin told him they saved him? But why would it be related to be taken away?  Was he taken from his family? No Xiumin wouldn't lie to him.

 

"Myun-ah" Ari was breathing as harshly as he was. Reaching out a hand to lay it on the blue wolf's shoulder. Joonmyun looked up in shock he hadn't seen anyone awake. "Are you alright?" Ari tried very carefully and quietly in between controlling her own breathing. "Blue." She said and pointed to his eyes.

 

Joonmyun eyes were wavering, in shock and trying to figure out what the dream had meant. The blue omega tried to fix his eyes back, it took him a couple of seconds to do so. "It's nothing" He said uneasily, knowing he didn't speak the full truth. "Go back to sleep" He nudged Ari "I'm fine I promise." With a small nod the purple alpha laid back down but not before kicking Bae to wake up. Bae let out a deep growl, but obeyed anyway. Joonmyun stood up and found his phone in the backpack reading the hour on the illumenated display (4.30am), than quickly turning the flash light on. This cave was so similar to the one he dreamed of. He walked deeper in the cave with Bae walking silently on four paws. 


But weren't all caves the same? After wandering around in the said cave. He found a disturbing piece of fabric. It was old and torn and it looked like a silk blanket of some sort. He motioned Bae to come over, she sniffed the clog and pulled a disturbing face. Was it his imagination or was it something the baby in his dream had worn? He shook his head, while Bae nudge him. That wasn't remotely possible was it? Bae took the clog in and turned it around. There was something golden stitched into it. But it wasn't completely readable anymore, from both sides there were tears in it and could only read 'UH'.

 

"Someone probably left it or maybe someone lives here, just leave it there Bae." Bae didn't really want to let go of it and tried to push it to Joonmyun but he returned it where he found it. "Let's go back" With a huffing sound and a disapproving growl Bae went back with Joonmyun.

 

He went back to the sleeping others. Kyungsoo and Li had switched guards with Baekhyun and Maya, Kyungsoo and Li who now changed into soft pillows for their friends, were already firm asleep. Ari and Luhan were dozing off again. Joonmyun watched those two. They were peaceful now, but what about tomorrow. He looked at Bae who took her position again. 4AM was the hour displayed on his phone. Although he wasn't tired yet he had to sleep. To keep his strength.

 


Luhan awakened by the oozing sunray. Rubbing his eyes what would've been a beautiful morning, was easily disrupted by thoughts of his family. He took his phone and dialed his father's number. But there was no one picking up from the other line, he tried his uncles Peniel, Chansub no one answered, Hyunsik he didn't need to try because that was Kyungsoo's dad and he was gone. There were just three left Sungjae, Ilhoon and Eunkwang. He tried the last uncle, but wasn't really on an answer either.

 

"Luhan?" Luhan's eyes widened in surprise when a person called his name from the other side. "Luhan? Are you there?" 

 

"Uncle Kwang? You're alive?" A little soothing feeling came over Luhan. For the badass wolf he was, he turned into to a little boy since yesterday, he was showing his emotions more than he ever.

 

"Oh Yes, thank god, you are alive too. Where are you?" A more relaxed sounded Eunkwang couldn't hide some happiness in his voice.

 

"Doesn't matter where I am. Where are you? What's the situation?" Luhan answered his uncle, he wanted to know everything.

 

"We are in the school. One group of hunters are alive, the Infinite ones, the rest we killed. Orange is more than half gone, Purple is almost gone, we are still with 3 of us. The hunters are gone though, even the vampires are nowhere to be seen."

 

"Have you heard my dad, my mom?" Luhan became angsty. He heard a small sigh in the cave, he turned around and saw Ari waking up. "Who's alive from purple?"

 

"Lu, I'm sorry I haven't heard of any of the pack leaders. I haven't got a clue for purple they tried the same thing as the blues so many years ago. But I know, Henry is here, you know Zhoumi's kid and he has the baby of Sunny and Sungmin, he said he was separated from Sunny just 10 minutes before we came. For the rest we have Yesung, Donghae and Dara, Ryeowook, Siwon and Liu Wen. We have been fighting along side them. For now we're still searching for any others. Lu, tell me you're safe."

 

"For now." Luhan sighed, sliding a distressed hand over his face.

 

"Don't do anything stupid, you know what your father would say."

 

"Uncle, there is no turning back now."

 

"What are you up too? and who are you with? God Luhan if something happens to you, Minhyuk will not forgive me, knowing that you contacted me." Eunkwang was worried.

 

"I'm with Baek and Kyung and Ari and her possey. We are going to find the others."

 

"Who are you talking too?" Ari asked in a husky sleeping voice. 

 

"Uncle Kwang" Luhan said shortly. Ari gave a short nod and waited for Luhan to end his call to ask futher questions.

 

"Uncle? Stay save." Luhan said eventually. "Stay together"

 

"We will, I trust you Luhan." Eunkwang said hopeful through the phone. "I'll try to find the leaders"

 

Luhan let out another sad sigh. "yeah" he nodded with it. "I have to go now. Goodbye"

 

"Don't say goodbye in these times, We'll see each other later, okay? Oh and take care of my son." Eunkwang said before remembering something "Oh and Luhan one thing. I won't wish a happy birthday now. I'll do it when we come back ok?"

 

"okay" Luhan wasn't very hopeful anymore but he would do everything to win this and if he had to bite every persons head of from the Infinite group himself, he would gladly do it. He broke the connection and looked at Ari, who wanted to hear if there was news from her father. Luhan shook his head. "The leaders haven't been found." was the only thing he said. Ari looked away, sadness covering her face. 

 

A little half hour later, they were all awake and everything had been packed again. Not that there was much need to pack a lot though. They hadn't brought that much stuff. With heavy hearts they left the cave. Ari was talking animately with Joonmyun, she tried to forget anything that happened today and tried to laugh. Luhan got really fed up with the two and went by Baekhyun's side, who turned his wolf head around to see what brought Luhan to the sudden action. He shook his head with a sly grin and went back to guarding. Bae and Maya walked as last. Li was with Kyunsgoo at the sides and Baekhyun was infront alone, well now with Luhan. Everything seemed normal, safe even as they travelled through the mountains.

 

Inbetween two mountains there was a large opening and a gape between them. On the large earthy ground they took a break. Luhan tried to avoid Ari and Joonmyun as much as he could. Their laughter was unbearable, all he could think of what they left behind and he started to doubt himself, Was it really a good idea to look for them? They've tried so many times, why would they succeed now? Why would it be different now? He let out a deep sigh and plumped down on a rock, watching the semi happy Ari on the outside. Luhan knew on the inside it was a different story. Baekhyun came to his side, nudge him with his head. "I'm fine" he said distractedly, patting Baekhyun's head. he took a drink out of his backpack. "Well than, happy birthday to me. I hope they find the leaders soon. and my mom." the boy huffed, still patting Baekhyun and scratching him lightly behind the ears. Baekhyun's wolf always liked to be scratched behind his ears, it soothed him. "Uncle Kwang is alive, you should be happy." At that same moment Baehyun pricked his ears, The red prince stopped his scratching and observed his friend. "What's wrong? Do you hear something?"

 

Out of nowhere Maya came running for Luhan, she jumped up and a few meters from Luhan she fell down. Everything turned into chaos. Joonmyun grabbed Ari's hand and hid behind the first large rock, the protectors formed an alliance in front, except for Maya, she laid down on the ground. Baekhyun pushed Luhan behind the rock he was sitting on before joining the same frontline.

 

Luhan eyed his left side, where Maya was barely breathing, Baekhyun was crouched next to her, softly howling out little howls, tears slipped out of her eyes. Her wolf form was gone, he could see dark grey liquid running through her veins by the second. She shivered uncontrollable. Luhan wouldn't have cared normally, but the girl just saved his life and was dying right there, and he couldn't do anything about it, just watching how Maya reached out slowly for Baekhyun. 

 

Ari looked at her dying friend. Confused and it didn't sink in yet that they lost Maya. Baekhyun was still seated next to her. Joonmyun was trying to hold her back an muffled her scream with his hand. Maya coughed and spit out a silver liquid, But with the last bit of life she had she was trying not to get it in Baekhyun's way. With Maya's last breath, Baekhyun turned back to the line of the wolves with determination in his eyes for whomever killed Maya. He bared his teeth defiant to the horde of hunters.

 

"Well well, what do we have here? Some brave leftovers from the two packs, I thought you guys were fighting, no crossing boarders and and here you are forming an alliance, working together to win this war." The guy smirked, nearing the four protectors. "What should we do with them, Yeol?"

 

Joonmyun paralyzed for a minute by the fowl words of his friend. As much as he wanted to get out from hiding, The purple alpha next to him held him back this time.

 

"I don't know but one thing I do know I want this filthy, dirty things out of this world. Isn't that right Jongin?" Chanyeol said. They had a seven member group of hunters behind them, who rather take action than play with them.

 

"Are you two done? You call yourselves hunters, protectors of the special kid. I expected more. Just kill them already!" Sunggyu let out.

 

Kyungsoo bared his teeth at the boy infront of him, Jongin tried to reach out for him but missed. A loud bark came from the white wolf, he jumped Jongin, planting his teeth in his arms. That was the first thing he could find. A cursing Jongin found him under a dead weight of a wolf. Baekhyun had done the same and jumped Chanyeol, tearing a piece out of his leg, leaving him to only use one leg.

 

Li and Bae waited. They let the guys have a go on the first one and well, they were planning to take on a fight with two against seven. Baekhyun was having to much fun on ripping Chanyeol to shreds. The tall boy did not have a chance to fight back. The hunter was already dying when Baekhyun tore a last piece form his throat. Triumphly munching it. They didn't eat their victims, Baekhyun just loved to munch a few times on the raw flesh and spit it out after a few seconds, showing the other hunters his pride and victory. He left his victim after a pride howl and went back to the girls. Kyungsoo on the other hand had it a bit more tougher, he had let Jongin stab him a couple of times. It wasn't silver but the wounds still weakened him. He hadn't had time to heal and fight at the same time. Jongin saw his chance to escape from under Kyungsoo, limping away to the others. Kyungsoo wouldn't have it and ran after him, ready to bite of his leg. A shriek could be heard out of Jongin's mouth. Not out of fear, out of frustrations of the stubborn wolf he was fighting. The red eyed alpha wolf was ready to insert his teeth when suddenly

 

 

"STTTOOOOPPPP" 

 

Ari couldn't stop the abrupt struggling of Joonmyun and loosened her grip for a moment. He had jumped out of their hiding place. And after he yelled stopped he had seen the group of well known people in front of him. His eyes widened, he never knew. He looked shocked at a dead Chanyeol or at least what was left of him. He was staring at his other friend much in disbelieve of what he just witnessed.

 

 

Kyungsoo heard Joonmyun yelling. He turned his head towards the blue omega, the stupidst move he had ever made because when he turned back to his victim, there wasn't any hunter kid there anymore. Jongin had seen this confusing as a chance to make his final move on Kyungsoo, Ignoring the all so familiar voice. But he needed to strike now or he would be the one dead. He was at Kyungsoo's side and just when the young wolf realised it, he planted the knife through his back and pushed it deeper to his heart. Kyungsoo's eyes widened and howled so loud. Shifting back to his human form. The boy couldn't reach the knife to pull it out. It was bared inside of him, when he shifted. Stumbling away from the humans to where he could. He could just reach the middle of the open space and fell down on his knees, sat there for a couple of seconds, staring right into that one person's eyes, who he protected for his whole life and who was standing there in front of him with unbelievable large eyes. It was true that Luhan had come out of hiding to see the one person who had let out the awful howl. With the last "I'm sorry" mouthed, the red protector lost his balance, eyes rolled to the back of his head and his stomach hit the ground, followed by face hitting the cold, or rather warm rock solid earth bottom.

 

"KYUNGSOO" a harsh cry was let out by a certain girl, she shifted back to her human form just a minute ago. Not even Luhan had words for what happened but Li who was not far away from him broke out in tears, repeating the red protector's name over and over again, her voice cracking more and more every time the name came out. Bae, who also shifted, had to react quick and held her friend in tone.

 

"Yeah that's right" Jongin yelled "Who's the boss now, you filthy little mud." A cocky grin plaid on his face, looking at Kyungsoo's boy on the ground.  He rubbed the blood of his face, that had splattered on him during the fight. He looked in the direction of the crying girl, now spitting out all venom for revenge but than he saw the shocked face of Joonmyun, never in a million years he would've expected Joonmyun to be here, Jongin's face turned from victory to shock. Joonmyun ought to be home, away from all this why was he here?

 

Shocked at both sides, the girls shifted back in to black wolves and joined an outraged Baekhyun. He growled and snarled at everyone. Losing Maya had be one thing, losing Kyungsoo was another.

 



 

A/N: forgive me for mistakes xD, forgive me for the people who died.
here have a teaser for my B.A.P Loe Germany vid that's gonna be posted later on YT ^^. I'm so tired but it was amazing.

B.A.P LOE GERMANY