Prepare for a beating (not in a way)

Sandcastle Showdown

"We're gonna beat you down." Kyungsoo spat.

He locked eyes with Baekhyun who was calmly gathering sand a ways across the beach, obnoxious yellow sunhat winking under the glare of the sun like an abandoned banana peel. He hated that guy and was determined to win this amateur sandsculpture conest at any cost.

"Jongin gather more sand! HURRY!"

He was going to make the most beautifully sculpted sand poodle the world had ever seen and he was going to laugh heartily as he rubbed it in Byun Baekhyun's stupid face.

He looked up from perfecting a hind leg to see a grinning giraffe loping over. He glared unabashedly and tried to see if he could trip him up with sheer willpower. Chanyeol's gangly legs remained untangled however, and Kyungsoo merely muttered darkly to himself, adjusting his crouching position to better protect his baby from the walking accident that was Chanyeol's footwork.

 

"They're copying us, aren't they"

"WHAT?" Kyungsoo whirled, neck craning to eye the opposition's mass of sand which up until now, had looked pretty much like a mineral embodiment of disappointment, but was currently sporting a rather fetching set of legs, courtesy of Baekhyun's pathetic little trowel.

Legs which looked suspiciously identical to team kaisoo's poodle's.

Kyungsoo fumed and prepared to lob his most poisonous insults.

"Oi ers!" Baekhyun lifted his head, mouth slowly morphing into a -eating grin. He appeared to seriously consider which of his perfectly-manicured french-tipped fingers was the most suitable for the job before his face lit up in faux-elation as he lifted his middle finger, eyelashes fluttering prettily as he did so. He whistled as he returned to his plagiarised menace of a sculpture, patting the sand almost lovingly.

Kyungsoo's eye twitched. Like Hell was he going to lose to these unoriginal talentless hacks! He lifted himself up from the floor and turned to his trusty (and long-suffering) helper.

"Jongin," The twinkle in his eye wasn't the good you've-been-a-good-boy-and-deserve-a-treat-twinkle, but the mischevious kind.

"Yes Hyung?"

"Get me my shovel"

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

This was no longer some - "sandcastle competition". Oh no. This was more than that- This was the day Kyungsoo finally put an end to the eight-year rivalry that had been brewed between them when they first duelled each other at family noraebang. 

This was the day that sharp-toothed-tard of the year Byun Baekhyun was ing buried alive.

 

Jongin had tried to restrain his over-zealous tyrant of a boyfriend, he really had. But Kyungsoo wan't just a pretty face and unlike Baekhyun, who liked to pretend he knew hapkido, (yeah, right) Do Kyungsoo could pull some sick jujitsu when he wanted to. And boy did he want to.

"Baek...Baek! I think you might wanna run-" Chanyeol half called, half screamed at Baekhyun as he caught sight of what appeared to be a little demon with a massive shovel. He gulped as he noticed Jongin lose his grip on the short boy who broke into a sprint that was headed straight for Baekhyun and their beloved sand poodle.

"- Baekhyun! Save our baby!" was all he could say as he retreated behind a palm tree. No way was he going to get in the way of that storm. Not even for Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo spent the next ten minutes in pursuit of his cocky nemesis, running rings around the beach and scarcely dodging the sculptures made by numerous families whose entrants were primarily between the ages of three and ten. Kyunsgoo paid them no mind; they were crap anyway.

He had gotten so close to Baekhyun's girlish form (which wriggled in some bizarre fashion as he ran) when a whistle was blown, signalling the end of the competition.

"OH ME" Kyungsoo yelled towards the Gods, arms raised, shovel tossed to the ground: the perfect depiction of a sore loser. He had been literal inches away from smacking stupid Byun over the head with his shovel. The least he could do was destroy their bloody poodle. Gathering his strength, he swung the tool aloft, and with a satisfying thwack proceeded to gouge out random chunks from the sand, grinning maniacally at the destruction.

His glee was short-lived however when the judge (some blind prick called Yifeng or something) awarded the trophy to Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and their crippled disaster of a dog anyway for "outstanding abstract concept." Unbe-ing-lieveable.

Kyungsoo would have to make it up to Baekhyun, preferably by setting JJanggah herself on him to bite him in his deflated .