Teething Troubles

Teething Troubles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Teething Troubles~

            Sehun is the youngest vampire in the clan which had it's perks because everyone was always watching out for the youngling making sure that he knew what he was doing, if he had enough blood to drink, and if he was content (although a majority of the time it was his mate Luhan doing these things and Sehun couldn't be any happier with that). However it also had it's downsides, one of them being the annoying growth of fangs on the two front canines of his teeth.

            Most vampires don't gain their fangs right away after their transformation or have them since their birth, the fangs actually have to grow in. The existing top canines (the two teeth that are supposed to be the sharpest out of all) in the vampire's mouth have to begin reshaping themselves by first sharpening into points that are strong enough to puncture skin, and then shift once more to accommodate the vampire's ability to retract and extend their fangs whenever needed, as this whole process occurs over the span of three months it causes great irritation on the roots of the growing teeth. Usually most vampire fangs begin growing in about a month after a vampire hits their one hundredth year and in the mean time the older clan members are usually the ones to bring back blood for the fangless younglings.

            With Sehun hitting his one hundredth year mark just a little over a few weeks ago (despite still looking twenty years old), he eventually took notice of how his teeth now had a tiny little point to them that wasn't there before, while he was brushing his teeth one morning.

 

            "Luhan! Look!" exclaimed Sehun excitedly as he opened his mouth for Luhan, who was also brushing his own teeth, to see. Since after all he had flat canines for the past one hundred years but just earlier when he ran his tongue along the edge of his teeth and felt a small prick, he instantly knew his fangs were finally starting to grow.

            "Ewww, Sehun spit out the tooth paste first, I can't see well if you have blue foam everywhere," chided Luhan as he handed his mate the water cup to rinse his mouth out.

            Doing as he was told, Sehun took a sip of the water, swishing it about his mouth before spitting it out along with all the foamy toothpaste. Turning to face Luhan again, Sehun opened his mouth once more pointing towards his canine tooth "Look! I think my fangs are finally coming out!"

            Luhan peered closer to Sehun, checking to make sure that the youngling was actually right rather than just getting excited for no reason but upon seeing the little peak poking out on the tips of his otherwise once flat tooth Luhan realized Sehun was right, his fangs were coming out, "Sehunnie you're right! Your fangs are finally growing!"

            Sehun smiled widely especially since he has been anticipating for this day for the past one hundred years "This means I can finally go hunting with you and the others! No more brought home blood!"

            Luhan gave a small smile before patting Sehun on the cheek lightly "Not yet Sehun, you need to wait until your fangs are fully grown in before you can come with us to hunt and it'll be a while before then."

            Sehun's smile slowly turned itself upside down into a frown "But I want to go hunting with you, so I can be the one to get blood for you, that way I can repay you for all the times you gave me blood."

            "Aww that's sweet Sehun but I don't mind bringing back blood for you," Luhan kissed Sehun's cheek tenderly "Besides it'll only be a few months and your fangs will be all grown in and you can hunt with us."

            Sehun pouted unhappily, "Okay, I guess."

            "It'll be soon Sehun," promised Luhan "Just be happy that your fangs have finally started to peek out."

            "Okay," mumbled Sehun still pouting over not being able to join in on the hunting.

            Luhan, seeing that Sehun's mood had turned slightly sour, gave his mate a soft kiss on his pouty lips, "Soon."

            "Mmm," hummed Sehun, noticeably in a lighter mood than three seconds ago. Luhan's kisses did tend to make everything better for Sehun.

            Maybe the next few months won't be so long after all.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v

            When only a few weeks have passed and Sehun's fangs grew in length, albeit only just a little more so that they were now considered baby fangs, he began to take note of how much harder it was to eat or drink anything properly. If he wanted to eat anything it was a literal pain because he still wasn't used to his new fangs yet and was constantly either painfully biting his lip or tongue on accident making himself bleed or if he wanted to take a sip of blood from the packages that the older members stored specifically for him, his now slightly sharper teeth would rip right through the outer shell of the pouch.

            The first time this happened on accident he spilled blood all over the front of his shirt and on to the tiled floor of the kitchen. The one who caught him making the mess before he could clean it up was none other than Kyungsoo who was not at all pleased with the mess but he was understanding towards Sehun since the youngling was still getting used to his new fangs and simply told him a quick "Be more careful Sehun, your fangs might not be fully grown in yet but they're still sharp. I'll clean up the mess but I don't want to see another mess like this, it'll stain the floor pink and we won't be able to get the stain out," before ushering him out to go take a shower and change his clothes.

            The next mishap was horrible too, despite being extra careful about how he bit the pouch of blood, his new baby fangs still managed to slice the bag open too wide causing another bloody spillage and this time it was even worse because Kai was standing beside him in the kitchen. When the blood in the bag gushed out, it splattered on to the front of Kai's white shirt causing the older to instantly shriek as the red liquid seeped into the cloth.

            "Sehun! You splashed blood all over me!" yelled Kai looking at his now most likely permanently stained red shirt.

            "I splashed it on myself too!" shot back Sehun feeling upset that he couldn't get the drink that he wanted without having the contents splattering everywhere, and Kai yelling at him for something he couldn't control well at the moment was not helping him at all.

            The two youngest vampires began screaming and shouting at each other, their volume quickly escalating as their tempers rose. Eventually their loud yelling was heard by their respective mates causing the other two to come out to see what was the problem. As Luhan and Kyungsoo walked towards the kitchen and peered into the doorway they took in the sight of Kai holding Sehun in a vice grip while Sehun continued trying to hit Kai with the empty ruined blood pouch in his hand so Kai would release him. The two were even struggling to stand properly as they nearly slipped on the puddle of blood that was on the floor.

            Luhan and Kyungsoo sighed simultaneously. Why did their mates have to be such idiots?

            At the sound of the sigh both young vampires stopped in their movements, and turned their heads slowly towards the door of the kitchen to see their mates staring at them with judging looks. Kai immediately released Sehun, letting the younger fall on his soaking his shorts on the puddle of spilled blood on the floor. Kai winced at the splash sound that Sehun made as the younger's fall caused even more blood to splatter the walls.

            Sehun now looked like he wanted to either cry or bite Kai's head off and whether it was out of pain or frustration Luhan couldn't really tell but he knew one thing Sehun needed to get cleaned up.

            With another sigh, Luhan reached down and helped his mate up "Let's get all that blood washed off of you," ushering the younger quickly to the bathroom while being extra careful of leaving a blood trail behind as Sehun walked. All the while ignoring the background noise of Kyungsoo scolding Kai for being harsh with their youngest and then making the bloody mess even worse.

            Pushing Sehun into the bathroom, Luhan didn't wait for his mate to say anything as he pulled at Sehun's shirt which had blood all over the front of it and threw it into the sink, next came Sehun's shorts which left the younger in only his boxers that thankfully weren't stained.

            "I could have done that myself!" sputters Sehun indignantly as he realizes Luhan undressed him in under five seconds.

            Luhan rolls his eyes and smirks, "It's not like you have anything I haven't seen before Sehun, besides your clothes was going to drip blood all over the place if you didn't take it off."

            Sehun blushes at Luhan, "I know that but still!"

            Ignoring Sehun for a moment Luhan opens the bottom cabinet under the sink and pulls out a small bottle of soap. He knows Sehun likes this the best because it always lifts the younger's mood up afterwards.

            Luhan stands up and smiles a little too sweetly as he makes the most innocent expression possible towards Sehun, "Let's take a bubble bath together!"

            Sehun hears the words and sees Luhan's lit up joyful expression but doesn't even answer as he puts his hands on Luhan's shoulders and pushes his mate out the bathroom door, "You never fail to amaze me Luhan."

            Luhan blinks as the bathroom door is slammed shut before his face and he pouts at it. He was sure that was going to make Sehun brighten up but maybe his mate wasn't in the mood. With a shrug Luhan is just about to walk away when the door creaks open just a small crack.

            Sehun pokes his head out just a little as he asks embarrassingly, "Luhan… Can you bring me a change of clothes, I forgot we didn't bring any when we came in…"

            Luhan just stares blankly at Sehun without even responding to his mate's request.

            Sehun becomes irritated with unresponsive Luhan and huffs, "You can join me for a bubble-"

            Luhan is already down the hallway heading towards their room.

            "Ugh, why am I mated to you!?" grumbled Sehun under his breath as he sees Luhan bounding out of their shared room much too happily for Sehun's annoyed mood.

            Luhan's sensitive ears pick up Sehun's sentence and he grins, "Because you love me as much as I love you~"

            Sehun's only answer to that is swiping his clothes out of Luhan's hands and shutting the bathroom door in his mate's face once again.

            "Hey! You said we can take a bubble bath together!" shouts Luhan as he bangs on the door.

            "I changed my mind! I love you!" shouts back Sehun through the door.

            Luhan's eye twitches, "Annoying little …"

            "I know you love me too~"

            Grumbling under his breath Luhan stalks back to his room to wait for Sehun to finish cleaning himself up. It seems Sehun's fang teething makes him moody, ugh, oh well Luhan will just have to deal with it for the next three months.

            This is really just the beginning.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v

            As the first month of Sehun's teething fang issues pass, the youngling unfortunately gains a really bad habit that the others find really annoying. Sehun's growing fangs ache, the reformation of his two top canines are causing his gums and teeth some serious pain which make the youngest find the need to constantly bite and chew on things necessary to  alleviate the irritation he feels in his forming fangs. The things he chooses to bite on however aren't really the best of choices…

            Luhan has suddenly been finding a lot of holes in Sehun's shirts lately and he knows there shouldn’t be any because for one thing they're all new clothes (Luhan bought them for Sehun so he should know) and he's pretty sure there are several puncture marks in their pillows (specifically the pillows Sehun uses).

            Frowning, Luhan stands up to look for his mate, maybe it's time for Sehun to get teething toys for his fangs since he's constantly biting everything in sight. Luhan walks out of their room and down the hallway, he's sure that Sehun is in the kitchen attempting to eat something but as he walks past Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's room he hears them shouting and looks in curiously.

            "I'm gonna throw garlic at that punk! Where is he!?" shouts Baekhyun.

            "Baekhyun, there's no garlic in the house. Also you're a vampire you're going to end up hurting yourself too. What'd Sehun do anyways?" asked Chanyeol with a raise of his brow.

            "The brat chewed on my game controller! Who does that!?" yells Baekhyun as he waves his controller back and forth angrily.

            "Ewww, why the heck-" Chanyeol is cut off as Baekhyun lets out another shriek.

            "There's puncture marks in my game controller!!! This is expensive! I'm going to have to buy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter