009.

Chasing Memories

"You all are dismissed," my brother nodded at the class, "except for you two." He pointed at me and Myungsoo, waving us over with a finger. I dragged myself to him, trying to stay as far as humanly possible from Myungsoo but Sunggyu grabbed my arm before I could inch further away. "You two have to fill out these forms to actually take on the role of class reps. There's also a training session both of you have to go to which requires you to stay over night. Think of it as an MT of sorts. The permission forms are under the application forms. Get them signed by a parent or guardian and get it back to me by tomorrow ok? Any questions?"

I seriously expected Myungsoo to make some snarky question or at least a random comment that would make me want to wipe the floor with his face, but he stayed quiet. Sunggyu nodded and took the silence as our mutual agreement that we didn't have anything to ask him.
"Ok then. When you're done just come to the teacher's room and hand them to me. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to finish, but take your time anyways."

With that, he left the room, shutting the door behind him as he went. My hand immediately flew to my phone.

Me: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU ACTUALLY GONNA LET HIM BE A CLASS REP WITH ME?!!?!??
Gramps Gyu: Calm down. I know what I'm doing.
Me: OH REALLY!?!??? Cause from where I am, it seems like you've finally lost it.
Gramps Gyu: If both of you are class rep, that means I can keep a closer eye on him and the stuff he does. Trust me, I'm not thrilled either about the amount of time you 2 will be spending with each other.


Ugh, the old geezer had a point. He wasn't losing it after all, but I had no idea he could be that sneaky. Looks like his brain was still good for something. My sigh came out louder than I planned. It echoed off the walls of the empty classroom, making Myungsoo look in my direction. I felt my face flush red but I didn't look at him just in case the eye contact was gonna set my entire face on fire. I sat in the nearest empty seat and scanned the form over quickly, reading over the questions. They seemed harmless and easy enough. It didn't even take me the whole hour to finish them. As I stuffed my pencil box back into my backpack, I heard the faint sound of snoring coming from across the room. 

Myungsoo had fallen asleep on top of his form.

This kid, if he isn't gonna take this seriously then he should just give it to someone else. Anyone else but him. I was silently begging this as I lifted his arm slightly and slid the paper from under it. If he wasn't going to turn it in, then I might as well. Don't want to get in trouble and get stuck here because of his lazy . I actually expected the entire paper to be blank when I flipped it over, but surprisingly enough, the entire form had already been filled out. So he's not as lazy as I thought....but I still don't like the person he's become.

I quickly tucked his form underneath mine, swung on my backpack and turned around to head out but I froze when I felt a hand grab onto mine. My eyes slowly moved downwards and saw that Myungsoo's eyes were still closed but his hand was wrapped around my own. His brows were a little furrowed, almost as if he was having a bad dream. I stepped closer to him and leaned in just enough so that my arm didn't feel like he was about to rip it off. Somewhere in between, he started to shift in his sleep, mumbling a little into the desk.

"What is he even saying?" I gave him a disgusted look even though he couldn't see or hear me right now. He had an iron grip around my hand so there was no chance of escaping. I had to wake him up if I was actually gonna get home.
"Yah," I nudged Myungsoo's side with my knee while trying to shake my hand out of his, "wake up! I actually have stuff to do at home, and there's no way in hell I'm carrying you back."

Silence.
The kid didn't even stir.
And his grip didn't even loosen at all.

"Whateves. I'm going home," I grumbled, pulling away from him as hard as I could. But he wouldn't let go. Actually, I think he was holding on tighter. 
"Myungsoo, seriously, let g-"
"Don't leave me."

I froze first then slowly started moving closer to him, double checking his eyes. They were still shut and he was definitely still asleep. Was he sleep talking then? Did he really just tell me not to leave him?

"Why shouldn't I leave you? You left me before," I whispered, finally caving in and sitting down in the empty seat next to him. With his eyes closed, his lashes looked ridiculously long and his face looked so serene. Normally whenever I saw it, I had to fight the urge to run it into the nearest wall, but looking at him now, I could see why all those girls fell for him. Myungsoo was downright gorgeous. It was like as if he jumped out of a manga and into real life, looking all sorts of perfect. Too bad he had such a clashing personality. 

I almost jumped out of the chair when he shifted in his sleep, turning his head in the other direction so I was staring at the back of it. Judging by how loudly his breaths were coming out now, I didn't even have to check to see if he was still asleep. A sigh escaped my lips as I lifted our joined hands onto my lap. "I actually waited for you. I waited for hours but you didn't come and you're telling me now to not leave you?" I scoffed, which blew a couple of his hairs in the back out of place. "Even when you're sleep talking, you say the most infuriating things."

"Don't leave me," he repeated, turning his head back around again. "Don't go....please."
"It's over Myungsoo," I simply replied, getting out of the seat and tugging hard on my arm again. This time, my hand slid out. "You left first. I'm just following."