Chapter 1

You Again

//Wow, I didn't realize that many people would subscribe to this story already. Thanks for subscribing! Here's the first chapter, not very long though, sorry... and it's more intoductory than anything. Enjoy! 


This was not the path he had planned to take in life. He was supposed to be famous, known! People were supposed to fawn over him on tv, there would be posters of him up everywhere, he would be a role model for children around the world!

 

“Jackson!” he jolted awake and out of his daydreams of walking on a red carpet to greet his fans. The carpet he had fallen on had been red at some point, but was now dusty and spotted, turning it a murky brown color. Ew. Who knew what the source of the particular damp stain Jackson had fallen on was? 

 

“What? What is your problem, couldn’t you see I was busy?” Jackson grumbled as he sat up and dusted himself off, although he only succeeded in sneezing twice and stirring up more dust. 

 

“Busy? Busy doing what, daydreaming again? You better pick up your pace before the boss finds your on the floor doing lord knows what down there,” Mark scolded. “Anyways, you got a phone call.”

 

As Mark walked off, Jackson whined under his breath how, “It’s not fair. He gets to laze around because he’s ing the manager. What do I get for all my hard work? I don’t get laid, that’s for sure.” 

 

Mark just chuckled before throwing back an, “I heard you! Now hurry up, the lady sounded urgent.”

 

“Okay, okay. Fine, I’m coming,” Jackson laughed, leisurely making his way up to the front, slapping Mark’s as he passed. 

 

“Jackson Wang, hands off or you’re fired,” Jinyoung called to him, making Mark laugh as Jackson sheepishly raised his hands in defeat. 

 

“Ya’ll are some ty friends.” And so that was where the path had taken him, working a somewhat busy if not boring life with only a few friends left by his side, working enough to pay the rent and keep fed. But, it was not time to loiter and complain about his fate, as he had a call to take, and knowing Jackson, it was not some young and beautiful lady. Probably his mother or something. 

 

“Jackson! Took you long enough, listen I need to ask you a favor—“ Jackson sighed, hearing his sister’s voice. Not his mother, but not much better either. These days, he couldn’t even hope for a decent call, he just had to it up and follow orders. 

 

“Yo, can’t I’m busy, Fei. Okay, bye,” Jackson said, not even bothering to listen to his sister complete the call before going to hang up the phone. 

 

“No, wait! Hear me out!” The screeching of his sister brought the phone back to his ear. 

 

“What do you need?” he asked, giving in. If he played his cards right, maybe he could wrangle a free meal out of his Fei’s wallet. 

 

“It’s Bambam—“ she began, before suddenly being cut off by Jackson’s worry.

 

“Why, is he sick? Oh no, do you need me to get something for him? Take care of him? What do I need to do for my favorite nephew?” Jackson gushed. 

 

“Calm down,” his sister reassured. “He’s fine, I just have to work a little bit later tonight, and Mom’s out of town, so I need you to pick him up and babysit him for a little bit tonight. Please Jackson?”

 

“Oh, come on Fei, you know I have my work, too!” Jackson whined, if only to barter for that free dinner. 

 

“If not for me, for the sake of you favorite nephew?” Fei pleaded. “I’ll treat you later sometime, I promise.”

 

Yes, that was what he was waiting for! It wasn’t like he could say no anyways. “Fine, fine. But dinner has to be someplace expensive, not just take-out or pizza or something lame like that.”

 

“Thank you so much Jackson! I have to go now, my break is almost over, but Bambam’s going to the after-school program so you don’t have to get him until five. You know where his school is, text me later when you get him! Bye little brother!” 

 

“But- wait! You never… agreed to buy me food,” Jackson whines uselessly into the beeping phone. “Ah, whatever. Yo, Jinyoung my man! I have to go pick up my little cousin from school, so I’ll be off now!” he calls somewhere into the back of the store as he pulls off his uniform. 

 

Suddenly, Jinyoung materializes next to him, yanking Jackson back to the counter (and causing him to yelp). “I don’t think so,” Junior says casually, using his finger to emphasize the statement. “I heard your call, and I know that Fei said you only needed to pick him up at 5 o’clock. It’s only half past 3, you still have plenty more time left to work.”

 

Jackson just throws his head back and groans. “Why~? That’s so lame, I can’t believe you listened to a private conversation! You should really have some more trust in your employees.”

 

“Ha!” Jinyoung laughs. “If I trusted my employees, they would be off playing hooky for two hours. An hour and thirty minutes is plenty enough time to wash up the tables,” Jinyoung indicates the messes left around the shop. Gross. This was why he had never planned on being a waiter. It didn’t pay nearly enough, and he wasn’t quite as famous as he had planned to be as a kid. 

 


 

Half an hour and eight attempted escapes later, Jinyoung finally let him free with the promise of coming in for extra time later in the week. Strolling slowly down the streets, he still made it to Bambam’s elementary school with plenty of time to spare. Shrugging his shoulder’s he decided that he might as well head in early if he was there anyways. 

 

After checking in at the front office, he arrived at the room that his nephew was in, and poked his head around the doorway. Scanning the classroom, he notice the little child with pink paint dotting his hair. “Hey Bam! Nice weave you’ve got there!”

 

“Jackson hyung!” the kid called before barreling at lightning speed towards Jackson, or more accurately, the table corner right in front of Jackson’s legs. Bambam was traveling too fast for Jackson to catch or stop, and soon there was a crying mess of child on the floor. 

 

“Oh, sweetheart, are you okay? Please stop crying baby,” Jackson consoled, picking up the wailing child. “No really, Bambam. Stop crying.” Yet the tears continued flowing. “You know Bambam, if you stop crying, maybe I’ll let you have some ice cream for desert tonight.”

 

Immediately, the tears ceased. “Really?” he asked, large (dry) eyes blinking up innocently. Seeing Jackson’s nod, the boy immediately perked up and clambered down from his uncle’s neck. “Then can I get a spider man bandaid too? I’ll go ask my teacher for one, he gave one to Yugyeom earlier today when he fell,” Bambam claimed excitedly, grabbing Jackson’s hand. 

 

“Bambam, honey. You don’t have a cut, it’s just a bruise,” Jackson said. 

 

“Yeah, but it’s a boo-boo and Mr. Im said that the bandaid will make the boo-boo not boo-boo,” Bambam explained proudly. “He’s new, by the way. Mr. Choi broke his flibia, so he’s… he’s substaying for the rest of… until after winter break. Yeah,” he elaborated, being sure to add in as many difficult words he could think of. 

 

“Alright, Bambam. Whatever you say. Now where is this amazing teacher of yours?” Jackson asked. Or, was about to ask until his eyes fell upon the hottest piece of he had ever seen in the world. No really. That was some really, really nice .