1/1

Surprise…?

Incoming Text from: 

My Jiminnie~<3

            *Jungkook, @hospital.  Come plz..*

 

That was the text he woke up to that morning. 

“Jimin!  Jimin where are you?!”  Jeon Jungkook bellowed in the hallway of the hospital, his dark orbs round with fear as he frantically searched the hallway.  Spying a nurse, the young man ran up to her, grabbing her wrist in desperation.  “Please!  Please help me.  My boyfriend, Park Jimin he-… He fainted and is here somewhere!  Please help me find him!”

Looking at him in shock, the woman nodded curtly, gently prying his long fingers from her wrist as she slid behind the desk.  “Neh.  I’ll see what I can do.”  She murmured, typing away in the computer. 

Sighing wearily, Jungkook put his head down on the counter, folding his arms over his head.   “Jimin…  What happened…”

 

---Flashback---

Jeon Jungkook!  You left your clothes out, AGAIN.  C’mon!  Is it asking too much for you to pick up your damn socks once and a while?!”

Groaning, Jungkook pushed himself up off the bed and walked into the bedroom, where his furious boyfriend was glaring at him.  Looking up at him, he scoffed weakly and grabbed up the offending article of clothing.  “There.”

Was that so hard, Jungkook?  Hm?”  Putting his hands on his hips, Jimin looked down at the younger with near fury in his eyes as he glared at him. “It wouldn’t kill you to clean up after yourself.  I feel like I do everything around here!”

What the hell is the matter with you lately Jimin?!  All you’ve been doing lately is at me!  I make dinner for you, your favorite meal, and yet you that the kimchi isn’t sour enough.  Then you complain that the chicken is a little burnt, and you have too much ice in your water.  I cleaned the entire house when you were at the studio and yet you’re mad that I missed one sock?!”  Gripping his hair in his hand, Jungkook struggled to keep his own rage under control, glaring at the elder in front of him.

Despite being younger, Jungkook stood at an imposing 177cm while his boyfriend was a slightly shorter 175cm, despite the elder possessing a much more impressive figure. Using his height to his advantage, Jungkook threw his hands up into the air and groaned.  “I can’t please you lately!”

Unbidden, tears sprang to Jimin’s eyes as he stared at Jungkook.  “All we’ve been doing is fighting… When was the last time you just… held me?”  He murmured brokenly, folding his arms over his chest, his rage forgotten.

Pausing, Jungkook flicked his eyes toward the older, his eyes losing some of their stormy rage as he watched Jimin suddenly shrink before him.  “Jimin… I…”

Forget it.  I’m going to the studio.”  Waving his hand dismissively, Jimin whirled around and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder.  As he stepped by Jungkook, he froze immediately at the younger’s hand gripping his forearm lightly.  “What, Jungkook?”

Hey… You know I love you… right?”  He whispered quietly, looking at him worriedly, gnawing on his lip; a clear sign he’s worried.

Immediately Jimin felt himself relax, a warm wave of emotions washing over him.  Glancing up at the younger, he smiled softly, his eyes crinkling faintly in their usual fashions.  “I do… I love you too.  I’m sorry.”

No, it’s okay.  I…. I’m sorry.  It’s my fault.”  He whispered in reply, stepping close and kissing Jimin on the forehead.  “Have fun at the studio, okay?”

Nodding curtly, he managed another smile as he stepped away from Jungkook’s embrace, still slightly stinging at their argument. Leaving the apartment they shared, he silently shifted the gym bag to his opposite shoulder as he slid the ear buds into his ears, music immediately filling his mind with a soothing touch.  The past few weeks with Jungkook had been… very rough.  All they had been doing was argue!  Yes… there had been many times where they’d ‘made up,’ and while the had been outstanding… there was still a lot of yelling.

Chewing his lip, he sighed heavily, shoving his hands into his pockets as he pushed open the door to the studio with his shoulder.  The welcoming warmth soon washed over him, and immediately he felt a small smile creeping onto his lips.  The studio was always a place that, no matter what mood he was in, made him feel okay.  Pulling his earbuds out of his ears, he walked to the empty studio, scrawling his name on the sign-in sheet before dropping his stuff on the floor.  Kicking off his shoes, he slid on a pair of black converse, well-worn but clean for dancing on the pristine floor.

With a soft sigh, he rolled his neck as he walked over to the stereo, clipping in his phone, quietly selecting a song that had fast beats and was easy to dance to.  However, as he straightened his back, a wave of dizziness washed over him, causing him to clutch the wall as he pressed his hand to his forehead.  Blinking his eyes, he stood still until the dizzy spell passed.  “Another one… That’s the third one today…” 

Truth be told, the spells had been happening quite a bit lately; always when he was overwhelmed and overemotional.  Shaking his head to clear it, he pressed play on the phone, walking to the center of the floor and grounding himself as he spaced out his feet securely.  Soon the bass washed over him, the beats causing his skin to rise in goosebumps as he allowed himself to get lost in the music. 

Tilting his head to the side, he sighed in relief as he began moving, his body swaying as if on its own accord.  His heart matched the pulse of the beat, his limbs snapping around to the hip hop sound as he spun around on his toe.  His eyes flicking open, he smirked to himself as he did his infamous body roll, his eye inspecting every section of his core as he lifted his shirt.  “Damn it.  Not tight enough.  Faster, Jimin!” 

Putting the song on repeat, Jimin kept moving, repeating his steps until he was covered in sweat, his heart pounding and body aching.  Straightening up, he stared at himself in the mirror, unaware of the black creeping into his vision as he struggled to catch his breath.  However, his heart seemed to only speed up, his knees became weak and stars danced in front of his eyes.  “K-Kookie…”   He muttered, before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he collapsed.

 

---Present Time---

A bright light… voices… aches in his legs… That’s all he could feel.  Wearily he realized that someone was pulling his eyelid back, shining a bright light in his eye, demanding him to respond.  When he went to wave his hand at the annoyance, to get them out of his face, he groaned when he felt a sharp tug on the top of his hand. 

Blinking, he stared around wildly until his eyes finally focused, and he realized he was in a stark white room, various beeps signaling he was being monitored.

His gaze drifted to his hand, staring at it vacantly when he realized there was an IV in his hand.  He was in a hospital…. Immediately his heart began to race as he panicked.  Where was he…?  Why was he here?!  What happened?!

“Jimin!  Jimin, it’s okay.  Calm down.  I’m Dr. Oh, and I’m very glad you’re awake.”  A middle aged woman replied, bowing her head to him as she smiled, her eyes crinkling pleasantly.  “You’ve been asleep for a couple hours now.”

“What… what happened to me?”  He murmured, his voice hoarse.  When he coughed to try to clear it, immediately Dr. Oh held out a cup of water with a straw.

You were found collapsed in the dance studio downtown when you didn’t sign out from your allotted slot.  You were brought here and immediately given fluids, and some tests.  We were worried when you weren’t coming out of it.”  She murmured, clutching the clipboard in front of her nervously.  “We… we have some news for you.”

Her tone immediately caused Jimin’s ears to perk up, and he looked up at her quickly, his entire body going cold.  “W-What…?”

“Well… we had to do some blood work to ensure you weren’t diabetic or anemic and we found out something.”  Pausing for what felt like a painfully long time, she swallowed hard and looked at the clipboard again.  “You’re pregnant.”

It felt like a rock plummeted into his stomach as he gasped for breath, shuddering.  Falling back onto the mattress, he gaped blankly, pressing one hand to his mouth and the other to his stomach.  “Pregnant…?”

“Yes.  About six weeks along.  Did you have any idea?”  She murmured, gently patting his hand as she looked down upon him with a small smile.

Wordlessly he shook his head, eyes wide as his mind raced.  “I… I had no idea.  I need to tell my boyfrie-… the father.  Is my cell phone in here?”  Slowly he sat up, despite Dr. Oh’s protests, eyes gazing around the room until he located the aforementioned device.  “There.  Could you hand that to me?”

When she handed him his phone, he clicked it on, chewing his lip at the image of the two of them smiling in a recent selca… one of the few good days they’d had recently.  How would he take this?  Would he be mad?  …Excited?  Would he leave?  Would he claim it wasn’t his?  Horrible thoughts ran around his mind, causing him to grip the phone tightly.

Gently the doctor’s hand pressed on his shoulder, and he looked up at her, immediately comforted at the soft expression on her face.  “He needs to know, Jimin.”

Nodding briefly, quickly Jimin found a text from Jungkook, his hands shaking as he typed out *Jungkook, @hospital.  Come plz..* and hit send, pressing his phone down on the sheets.  His eyes clenched shut tightly as he trembled, waiting for again what felt like an eternity until his phone buzzed.  Opening his eyes, he looked down at the small icon indicating he had a new text, swallowing hard as he nervously tapped the icon.

 

Incoming text from:

My Kookie~

            
*WHAT?!?! I’LL BE RIGHT THERE*

“Well at least he cares that much…”  He murmured quietly, leaning back as he looked up at the doctor and nodded gently.  “He’s on his way… knowing him he’ll be here in about .25 seconds.”

Chuckling softly, the doctor nodded and smiled softly, patting his cheek.  “I’ll go let the front desk know right now.  Everything will be okay, Jimin.”  She murmured, bowing as she turned for the door to the room.

“W-Wait!  Uhm… would you please be in the room when I tell him…?  I’m nervous.”  Jimin stammered, fiddling with the edge of the sheet he had unconsciously pulled up over his stomach.

For a moment she stared at him, then smiled softly and nodded again.  “Of course.  I’ll be right back, okay?”  Bowing her head politely, she swiftly turned out of the door and walked down the hallway.

Left alone with his thoughts, Jimin stared at the ceiling, swallowing hard as he struggled to remain calm as his mind raced.  Pregnant… he was pregnant…  And it was Jungkook’s.  Looking down at his stomach, he chewed his lip as he realized that was why his abs didn’t look as tight as they used to be, fear trickling down his spine as he wondered how the exertions of dance might have affected the baby. 

“Would he even want the baby…?  W-Would… would he make me get rid of it…?”  Nervously Jimin found his arms winding around his stomach protectively, the horror racing through his mind of being forced to get rid of their child.  A noise by the door startled him, causing him to look up sharply to see the doctor standing and smiling knowingly by the doorframe again.

“I know your fear, Jimin.  It’ll be okay, I pro-…”

“JIMIN!  WHERE IS PARK JIMIN?!”  Jungkook’s voice echoed through the halls, causing both a thrill of excitement and the cold chill of fear to race through his body, which was already trembling with nerves.  Quietly Dr. Oh walked over and stood beside him, resting her hand on his shoulder right as Jungkook appeared in the doorway, looking disheveled and terrified.

“Jimin!!  Oh my god, baby!  Are you okay?!  What happened?!”  He cried, running over to Jimin’s side, his hands nervously fluttering over him as if he was afraid to touch him.  His eyes, usually so warm, were filled with terror and unshed tears as they searched his form. 

“He’s fine, Mr. Jeon.  He collapsed at the dance studio and was found by the next session of dancers.”  Dr. Oh murmured calmly, patting Jimin’s shoulder.  “Nothing’s broken, so you can touch him.  Just be gentle; he’s still woozy.”

Nodding attentively, Jungkook gently picked up Jimin’s hand, a soft sob escaping as he saw the IV emerging from his vein.  “I’m so sorry Jimin… I shouldn’t have yelled at you.  I-… Oh my god.  When I got your text I was so terrified I didn’t know what to think…  If I lost you…”  He whispered brokenly, reaching out with a shaking hand to cup Jimin’s cheek gently.

Reflexively Jimin found himself leaning into his hand, Jungkook’s tenderness causing his heart to ache, warming away some of the fear in his gut.  Looking up into his eyes, so wet with tears, he whimpered and reached up, brushing some tears away with his thumb.  “I-I’m okay but…”

“But..?”

“But there’s something I need to tell you.”  He whispered quietly, looking up at Dr. Oh for support, taking a deep breath when she nodded gently.  “I’m… pregnant.”

A stunned silence overtook Jungkook, his eyes getting impossibly wide as he absorbed what Jimin had told him.  His jaw fell open, his eyes darting down to his stomach, then back to Jimin’s face.  “Y-You mean…”

“He’s pregnant, Mr. Jeon.  About six weeks along.  He fainted due to a severe form of morning sickness, which is why he’s here.”  Dr. Oh chimed in quietly, her eyes carefully watching the dark haired boy as he stumbled against the table, his hand fluttering to his mouth.

“You’re going to be a daddy…”  Jimin whispered quietly, staring at Jungkook nervously, his hands fluttering over to his stomach again.

“A daddy…”  His words seemed to snap Jungkook out of his state, and he looked up at Jimin, tears streaming down his cheeks anew.  “I’m going to be a daddy… Oh my god Jimin.”  He gasped, sitting on the edge of the hospital bed as he cupped Jimin’s face again, kissing him tenderly. 

“Y-you’re not mad?”  Jimin murmured, his voice impossibly small as he looked back up at the younger, relief washing through him as he shook his head quickly.

“Why would I be mad, baby?  We’re going to be a family…”  Laughing happily, he stood up and threw his arms up above his head, crowing, “I’m going to be a daddy!!!”  Leaning down, Jungkook gently placed his hands on either side of Jimin’s stomach and began to whisper.  “Appa loves you, eomma loves you.  You’re so loved, baby… but you have to be much nicer to your eomma, okay?  Please?  I don’t want either of you hurt.”

Leaning back against the pillows, Jimin looked up at Dr. Oh, who was grinning widely at him.  When she winked, she smiled and stepped back.  “I’ll leave you two alone for a little bit.”  Bowing, she stepped out of the room, a smile still on her face.

“This explains so much, baby… Why you were picky about your food, why we fought all the time… mood swings… It was the hormones, honey.  And now that we know we can get back to the way things were.  I’ll be more gentle I promise… I love you so much and… oh my god we’re having a baby.”  Jungkook murmured, kissing Jimin’s forehead tenderly.

“I was so scared you’d be upset with me, Kookie…” Looking up at Jungkook through his eyelashes, he felt his heart stop at the dazzling smile he gave back in reply, softly shaking his head.

“Why?  You’ve given me this precious gift.  How could I ever be mad at you, Jiminnie… A-Are you okay with being pregnant?  I hadn’t asked and-…”

I am so okay with it, Kookie.”  The words spilled out of his mouth before he even realized what he was saying, but they felt so right a grin curled his lips, causing his eyes to crinkle happily.  “Like you said; we’re going to be a family.”

Tears sliding down both male’s cheeks, Jungkook leaned forward and pressed his forehead to the elder’s as they both sobbed, arms wrapped tightly around each other.  The night passed, but neither slept; they were too busy murmuring about the future.  And to Jimin, it looked very bright indeed.