The ride that awakened the painful past

We Are Human

Donghae's day started as usual in Eunhyuk's arms while recieving butterfly kisses all over his stomach and as much as he loved it, he knew they had to take off as soon as possible or they will be late for their meeting. Both men managed to change from their morning style to the classy one in no more than 5 minutes, although Eunhyuk hit his toes in the wooden chair and ended up cursing you could say that everything was fine. 

After checking everything they closed the front door and ran to the bus station, holding each other's hand. Getting there was no easy job since everyone decided to walk like turtles today making their lives way harder than they should be, but since patience is the key to succes, their task was fulfilled. 

People were eyeing them like vultures eye their targets, from the bottom to the top. Eunhyuk couldn't care less and held Donghae's hand tighter and found a good enough place to sit next to his husband. People stopped whispering and both were thankful for that however things were about to turn around that Donghae wouldn't have been able to prepare even if he wanted.

An elder lady entered the bus, looking terrified while holding a card and her wallet that was really damaged, she was shaking and asked in a panicked voice " D-Did any-anyone see my mo-money.... I had a 10€ banknote in here... pl-please" the tears were forming in her eyes and that broke the fish's heart into tiny little pieces, making him hold the monkey tighter.

Sensing the grip becoming tighter Eunhyuk just closed his eyes knowing that this is affecting his husband, he just wasn't sure why is he like that. The woman started crying while searching desperately for her money " M-My last mon-money.. please I beg you... did you see my money.... I can't go back home... I have no more left..." 

It was too much for the brunette, he took his wallet out and searched for some money while trying to hold his tears. Eunhyuk saw his actions and was looking at the other people around, they were just looking at the poor woman, not giving a damn about her. 

"Please Hyukkie, please" said Donghae who was about to start crying as well " We can't let her... I can't let her... go through this..." the brunette started to sob and just looked , with his eyes full of hope, at the man to whom he got married. The said man also took out his wallet and searched for money and when he found it, he woke up while holding Donghae's hand and went to the elder lady's side.

She was crying in her palms, desperately needing money and a shoulder to cry on. Donghae touched her hand so she would look at them " Here have this from me and my husband, don't cry anymore, everything is gonna be fine" he squeezed Hyuk's hand to make him say something, good thing he was used to these sort of signals " There are hard times in a person's life, but you have to live on and deal with this." He sounded hopeful that he said the right things and the woman's eyes were watery again " I-I want... my money... I don't need pity... they were my only money... "

Hae started to tremble, making Eunhyuk scared for his husband's condition " Please.... we give this to you so that it will be fine, we don't pity you... we just wanna help..." and with this last sentence his tears were flowing like blood through veins. The lady smiled sadly and took the money from his hand " Thank you so much young boys... thank you for not letting me sleep on the streets... really thank you... " she hugged them and both smiled.

When they got back to their sits, Eunhyuk asked timidly "Babe, why did you cry...? Was it that sad for you? " Donghae could only flash a sad smile and then sighed " When I was young, I used to be like that... I had no money for food or other stuff, I couldn't go out with my friends and I had to reuse the same clothes over and over again since I didn't have many... it's just that I hate to see people in that situation... nobody helped me when I needed it... so now I wanna do the opposite and help as much as I can"

Hyuk was stunned, he couldn't believe that his fishy had to endure all of that, he just didn't want to believe that he was in so much pain and no one tried to help. He, all of a sudden, put him on his lap and started to caress his face while he burried his nose in the blonde's chest, sobbing softly " Shhhh, baby... come on, it's fine, don't cry, love" Hae nodded and looked out of the window, resting his head on hyuk's chest " I love you..." said the man which was beinf held in the other's arms. With a small smile, he kissed his soft lips, not caring about the "ewws" and "yucks" they were recieving.