Always! Forever!

Always! Forever!

(Oneshot)

Always! Forever!

 

-- Monday --

 

“Good morning love of my life!” Jongin chuckles as he whispers to Kyungsoo.

 

It was the start of a new work week and because it is a Monday, Jongin thought that it was only right to treat a stressed Kyungsoo with some old school romance.

 

“Shut up! I’m too sleepy for your cheesiness…” Kyungsoo practically hid himself under the blanket he shared with Jongin.

 

“Nahh!! Wake up hyung. It’s a Monday and you don’t want to be late for work.” Jongin protested and removed the blanket that envelops Kyungsoo’s almost body.

 

“Five more minutes.…. Please?” Kyungsoo pleaded and grabbed a pillow to cover his face.

 

“Wake up already! It’s six in the morning,” Jongin answered. “Or you want me to give you swarms of kisses,” he added as he kissed Kyungsoo’s neck down to his chest and then to Kyungsoo’s s and down to Kyungsoo’s tummy.

 

“Okay! Okay! Okay!” Kyungsoo said as he removed the pillow.

 

“Hyung?” Jongin asked but he is now crawling towards Kyungsoo.

 

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I just wanted to say thank you,” Jongin stated and now he is atop of Kyungsoo with their faces almost touching each other and they can feel the heat and rhythm of each other’s breathing.

 

“No! Thank you! I am the one who’s thankful,” Kyungsoo said then pressed his lips towards the man atop of him.

 

Kissing Jongin was one of the things he rarely does, I mean, it was always Jongin who initiates their kisses but in extremely rare circumstances such as this one, Kyungsoo is the one who kisses Jongin.

 

“Thank you for loving me for the past years, thank you for not hating me when I left you all alone without you knowing the reason, thank you for finding me and thank you for not giving up on me,” Kyungsoo broke their kiss and smiled.

 

“Hyung, you should not be thanking me, you should be loathing me for what I’ve done and for the pain I’ve caused you….” Jongin smiled.

 

“Enough with the past……” Jongin declared as he pressed his lips against his hyung with extreme passion. Tongues came out to play and lips fed on lips. Jongin again slithered downward as he devoured every single flesh and skin that belongs to his hyung. Then, when they thought that the morning would be filled with utmost pleasure and romance and passion, the door opened with a bang.

 

“AHHH! Yuck!” A man shouted. “Please do that thingy later or whatever you call that…..”

 

“What the !” Jongin flinched and Kyungsoo quickly grabbed the blanket and hid himself feeling the most embarrassed feeling he has ever had. “What the hell! What the Chanyeol! What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to pick you up,” Chanyeol said as if it was all normal for him to just enter a house that is not his and more importantly the bedroom of the house.

 

“Huh? It’s barely six in the morning and you’re gonna pick me up?” Jongin wondered. “Hang on! How did you even enter the house?” Jongin asked and he is clearly pissed.

 

“Uhm! Jongin?” Kyungsoo said as he slowly removed the blanket covering his face. “That would be my fault,”

 

“Hyung?”

 

“I mean, I kinda gave Chanyeol the keys to the house because …” Kyungsoo was about to continue his explanation when Chanyeol butted in.

 

“Because you always show up late in the studio,” Chanyeol said. “So I asked Kyungsoo to give me a duplicate of your keys here in your lovely lover’s nest of loveliness so that I could come and drag you to the studio myself!”

 

“Hyung!” Jongin sighed.

 

“I’m sorry Jongin,” Kyungsoo uttered.

 

“It’s okay hyung,” Jongin said then faced Chanyeol’s direction. “Chanyeol I’m gonna kill you!”

 

“You can’t!” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Just get out of our room okay? Wait downstairs you ert!”

 

“Okay! Okay!” Chanyeol approved and he almost closed the door, “And F.Y.I. I am not a ert Kim Jongin and judging from the scene I just saw earlier when you were on top of Kyungsoo, you are the ert, molesting Kyungsoo’s body like that! I’m so ashamed of you Jongin,” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Shut up!” Jongin announced and threw a pillow at Chanyeol but Chanyeol quickly closed the door to avoid the catapult.

 

“C’mon let’s head downstairs!” Kyungsoo stated.

 

“Nope! I still have to continue something that was interrupted by that bastard friend of mine,” Jongin has these pair of preying eyes and Kyungsoo really knows what is going to happen.

 

“Kim Jongin we’ll do that later okay?”

 

“But hyung? It’s ….” Jongin chuckled while his lips was pointing downwards to the tent in his boxer shorts.

 

“Tonight! I promise! Please?” Kyungsoo proposed.

 

“Okay! Okay! I can’t argue with you,” Jongin replied.

 

“I think your friend is right about something though,”

 

“Seriously? Chanyeol’s right about something? Oh c’mon hyung give me a break!”

 

“Yeah!” Kyungsoo nodded. “About you being a ert!”

 

“Hyung! Not you!” Jongin cutely protested while Kyungsoo left out a giggle.

 


 

“It’s very thoughtful of you to come here this early Chanyeol for Jongin,” Kyungsoo remarked while he was cooking for breakfast.

 

“It is not for Jongin Kyung, it’s for the studio,” Chanyeol replied. “I mean can you just tell your lazy boyfriend to come at our joint venture on time, just on time. Is that a lot to ask?” Chanyeol added. He was in the dining table reading some newspapers.

 

“I can hear you both, you know!” Jongin shouted. He is in the living room getting some things ready.

 

“It is a good thing that you can hear us Jongin!” Chanyeol yelled.

 

“Jongin why don’t you join us for breakfast!” Kyungsoo called.

 

“Okay hyung! I’m coming!”

 

“You are really one hell of a cook Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol praised. “Can I hire you as my personal cook?”

 

“Nope! He’s my personal cook! Get yourself a girlfriend or a boyfriend to do that for you,” Jongin stated. “I doubt if someone will ever like you Chanyeol!”

 

“I’ve got one Jongin!”

 

“But he does not cook as good as my hyung,” Jongin bragged.

 

“No quarrelling! Eat! Okay?”

 

“Yes!” the two friends answered in unison.

 

The trio is busy finishing their breakfast. They have little chitchats while eating but oftentimes it would be all about how Jongin will show up an hour or so late in the Dance Studio Chanyeol and Jongin founded and while the two bestest of friends were busy with their arguments, a call came for Kyungsoo.

 

“Hello! Good Morning!” Kyungsoo greeted.

 

“Hello Soo! Good Morning! It’s me Suho.”

 

“Oh! Good morning sir.”

 

“Just drop the sir, you know how I feel about people calling me that and besides we’ve agreed that you can call me by my nickname.”

 

“I’m sorry Si…, I mean, Suho-hyung.”

 

“I called because I’m a few blocks away from your house, would you mind if we get to work together?”

 

“Certainly not hyung!” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Okay! I’ll be there in fifteen minutes,” Suho said. “See yah?”

 

“Yeah!” Kyungsoo answered then Suho hanged up the call.

 

“Hyung? Who was that?” Jongin asked.

 

“It’s my boss,”

 

“Your boss? The short guy boss?” Jongin said. “Why is he calling you this early?”

 

“ Well!,,,,, He’s a few blocks away from the house so he asked me if he can come pick me up and we’ll both go to the office,” Kyungsoo retorted

 

“Did you say yes?”

 

“Yeah! I mean, you must be early in the studio and giving me a ride to work will cause you to be late today so I said yes!” Kyungsoo explained. “Is it bothering you?”

 

“Nope!” Jongin denied but at the back of his mind he is now murdering that Suho.

 

The three finished eating. Jongin and Chanyeol cleaned the table and Kyungsoo on the other hand did the dishes and as soon as he was finish, there was a blow of a car’s horn outside of their house which, as you expect, comes from the Kyung’s boss, Suho.

 

“Here he is!” Kyungsoo announced. “Jongin please go to the studio today. Chanyeol………. just don’t quarrel with him okay?” Kyungsoo added. “I should go now!”

 

“Hyung!?”

 

“Yeah! I know! I totally missed it,” Kyungsoo apologized. “I love you!”

 

“I love you too!” Jongin replied and pressed his lips on Kyungsoo’s and his hands exploring Kyungsoo’s waist. “Have a great day!”

 

“You too! Take care.”

 


 

“Jongin, can I ask you a question?” Chanyeol popped up as soon as they got to the dance studio.

 

“Yeah sure.”

 

“Are you serious with Kyungsoo?”

 

“A big yes!” Jongin answered. “What’s with that question anyways?”

 

“I mean, if you are serious with him then I think it’s time to you know…. Tie the knot?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I just realized this when Kyungsoo was talking with his boss in his phone,” Chanyeol explained. “I think if you are seriously and madly in love with Kyungsoo, you must secure him or would you like someone with sharp talons to swoop down and get Kyungsoo from you?”

 

“The hell are you talking about man?”

 

“Are you even listening?” Chanyeol asked. “Nahh! Don’t answer that!” but he butted. “Are you even the man who wears the pants in your relationship with Soo?”

 

“And now we’re into pants?” Jongin wondered.

 

“Can’t you get even a simple metaphor? What I meant was are you even the …. You know …...”

 

“The what?”

 

“The one who gets inside.”

 

“Why you ert?” Jongin quickly rose up from his seat and grabbed the notebook near him and actioned to throw it to Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah! Yeah!” Chanyeol raised his hands to cover his face. “I get it, no butting in your life and of course you are the… you know of… because I’ve seen you on top of Kyungsoo just this morning.”

 

“ you Chanyeol!”

 

“If you’re not gonna listen to me then fine, but I mean it when I say it, you should mark your territory before someone occupies it while you leave it unchecked,”

 

“If this is about hyung’s boss, I trust my hyung more than I trust myself and a million times more than I trust you, so I do not have to worry.”

 

“It’s not about trust Jongin, it’s about commitment! Do I have to spell it? Are you willing to spend the rest of your life with Kyungsoo? Yes or No?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Then, make the move! The grandiose proposal! Crack the question! Ask him to marry you!”

 

Chanyeol’s words made sense to Jongin, he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to abandon him again (though he now understands the reasons and mechanisms that worked behind that incident) like what he did last time and after all, he really does want to spend all of his life with Kyungsoo so why would he not ask that to his hyung.

 


 

Another full day passed and now Jongin is headed home but he is expecting his hyung to go home late tonight. Kyungsoo called earlier about how he will have a meeting and because of that he’ll have to be home a little later than usual.

 

Jongin was parking his car in their house’ garage when a red sports car stopped in front of their gate. He saw Kyungsoo got out of the car and waved his hand signaling a goodbye to the driver of the sports vehicle.

 

“Oh hello hyung. Who was that?” Jongin queried as Kyungsoo opened the gate.

 

“Good evening Jongin. It’s Suho, my boss” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Ahhh! I thought you were gonna run home late?”

 

“About that, the meeting was cancelled so Suho, I mean my boss, gave me a ride home,”

 

“Okay!” Jongin nodded.

 

“The great news is I can cook you dinner tonight,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Yeah!” Jongin was very happy upon hearing those words.

 

“And about my debt to you this morning, I think I’d do whatever you like tonight,” Kyungsoo chuckled as his cheeks glowed pinkish red.

 

“I think you’re not gonna be able to sleep tonight cause we will be rocking until the roosters -a-doodle,”

 

“Ha Ha Ha!” Kyungsoo said with a little remark of sarcasm.

 

“Let’s just go inside,” Jongin suggested. “You first!” He said as he opened the door for Kyungsoo.

 

“So how’s the studio” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“The usual! I mean, it wasn’t boring but it’s usual, I don’t know!”

 

“You should take your work seriously,” Kyungsoo warned.

 

“Yes Sir,” Jongin affirmed.

 

Jongin sat his in the sofa near the television and Kyungsoo proceeded directly into the kitchen. Jongin was scanning through channels for any interesting shows to watch but he is kinda curious why on earth these TV channels are showing weddings, proposals, engagements and the like, even the advertisements are related to things about tying the knot.

 

He turned off the Television and the radio and voila, much to his delight the music was going like this, “Marry me, Today and every day, marry me …. He moved the tuner and got to the next FM station but then it sounded like this, “It's a beautiful night. We're looking for something dumb to do, Hey baby! I think I want to marry you…”

 

“Great! The universe just conspired against me.”

 

Is he being teased or something? He thought that these are all coincidences but are there such things as coincidences? Then, he thought back on the words that emanated from the mouth of his best friend Chanyeol. He knew he was ready and by the way they are living together so why is he feeling a wreck about asking Kyungsoo to marry him.

 

Jongin thought that he’s feeling that way because same- marriages are not so open in their country but they could always fly to other countries for the wedding, the U.K. would be good or in the U.S., there are tons of other countries that openly accept same- marriage, so this would not be a problem.

 

Maybe it was about his family, he knew his mom will be against it but she has accepted Kyungsoo for quite a while and his mom would always be up for his happiness, so this would not be a problem also.

 

So what is it that’s bugging him? He is ready! He loves Kyungsoo more than anything! He really wants to spend a forever or two with Kyungsoo then he realized that it’s not about his family or society, he is afraid if Kyungsoo will say no, he knows his hyung loves him but there is this shadow of doubt that forever with Jongin does not have any space in Kyungsoo’s mind or heart.

 

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo called. “Dinner is ready!”

 

“Yeah hyung!” He answered. “I’ll be right there!”

 

Then his thoughts plunges into the chest buried in his mind.

 

“Chanyeol called this afternoon and he asked if I am free this Wednesday night,”

 

“Hmm? He did not mention that to me!” Jongin said. “So what is it all about?”

 

“Nothin’ really, he just wants the group to hang out. Baekhyun will be there and Sehun and Luhan will be back from China tomorrow so he thought that the gang should have more fun together since we are complete.”

 

“Did you say yes?” Jongin inquired.

 

“Yeah! I have to go to work on Wednesday but it’s an evening get-together so no pain, unless you wanna go somewhere else?”

 

“Not at all! Thank God Sehun will be here, he’ll be sharing Chanyeol’s idiocy with me now,” Jongin laughed.

 

“So hyung I’m kinda finished eating!”

 

“Just leave your plate there, I’ll do the dishes after I finish my meal”

 

“Do it later!” Jongin said as his lips curved somehow but it was not just a smile it was a seduction smile.

 

“I kinda have the feeling of being eaten tonight,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“You really have one hell of an instinct hyung!!!!”

 

-- Wednesday –

 

“Soo, Jongin!” Luhan said as he opened the door.

 

“It’s really good to see you again hyung,” Soo greeted.

 

“It’s nice to see you too and Jongin,” Luhan smiled. “They’re in the dining room.”

 

“What took you so long?” Baekhyun asked when he saw Kyungsoo and Jongin with Luhan walking towards them.

 

“Hyung was kinda stuck with work!” Jongin answered then he saw Chanyeol beside Baekhyun and thought to .

 

“Baekhyun-hyung I’m so sorry that we’re late, I’m so sorry that you were the one stuck with Chanyeol, please do forgive him. He’s annoying and stupid and don’t mention he’s a whack,”

 

“Get a life Kai!”

 

“Yeah Baekhyun-hyung… It must be hell when you were alone with Chanyeol,” Sehun said.

 

“Ha Ha Ha Ha! Nice teamwork both of you,” Chanyeol forced a laugh.

 

“What did you do in China by the way?” Kyung asked to break the silly teases to Chanyeol.

 

“We visited Luhan’s parents and spent the New Year there,” Sehun replied.

 

“So how’s the visit?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“It was amazing! His parents were lovely!” Sehun answered.

 

“They really want to see all of you guys,” Luhan said.

 

“We should go to China someday you know,” Jongin suggested.

 

“Nope! You have to go to China someday, the sooner the better,” Chanyeol teased Kai.

 

“For what? I mean Luhan-hyung’s parents wants to see us…… and did you notice the emphasis on us?”

 

“Honeymoon of course!” Chanyeol laughed.

 

“Honeymoon? Who’s getting married?” Soo asked.

 

“No one! Just another friend of mine but I think he’s too chickened to ask the person he loves,” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“If that friend of yours is serious about the girl then why not,” Kyungsoo stated. “Getting married is quite a cute thing!”

 

“Enough with this marital stuffs, shall we eat?” Jongin announced.

 

“Yeah! Dig in!” Baekhyun seconded.

 

The group was just having lots of fun while chitchatting and making up for the time they were apart. Luhan’s dining area was a wreck. The night was fun. Being with your friends is one of the most enjoyable things in life.

 

“I’ll just get the drinks in the kitchen,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Do you need help?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yeah!” Chanyeol answered. “Sehun? Soo? Can you lend me a hand or two?”

 

“Yeah!” Sehun replied.

 


 

“Kyungsoo-hyung can I ask you?” Sehun queried as he got cans of beer from the fridge.

 

“Sure!” Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Do you love our Kai?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes! Why did you asked all of the sudden?”

 

“Hmmmm….. Nothing,” Sehun replied.

 

“We were just wondering if you’re ready to settle down with Kai.” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Settle down? As in married?” Kyungsoo coughed.

 

“Yeah! Are you ready?” Chanyeol asked again as he handed a bottle of wine to Kyungsoo.

 

“I love Kai but ……” Kyungsoo halted.

 

“But?” Sehun asked.

 

“But I’m not so sure if he’s ready. I’m not sure if he’d love me forever. I’m not sure if I’m the one who is worthy to have a forever with him!”

 

“But you love him?” Sehun questioned.

 

“Yeah! ……….. A lot!” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“That’s what I really wanna hear,” Chanyeol pointed out.

 


 

“So while they are in the kitchen, Jongin can I ask you a question?” Luhan said.

 

“Yeah Luhan-hyung!”

 

“Do you want to spend the rest of your life with Soo?” It was Baekhyun’s turn.

 

“Yes! I really want to but …..”

 

“But what?” Luhan asked.

 

“But… I’m not sure if he’s ready! I’m not sure if he’d like to spend forever with me! I’m not sure if I am the one hyung needs!”

 

“So because of that you’ll just not gonna try?”

 

“I don’t know,”

 

“But what if he’s ready, he’d like to spend forever with you! He’s sure that it is you who he needs! What if? You just can’t answer those if you would not try!”

 

“Thanks Luhan-hyung!”

 

“Just crack the question before Soo’s boss drags him from you!” Baekhyun cautioned.

 

“Yeah! Thanks.”

 

-- Thursday –

 

Last night was really amazing. Considering the fact that all of his friends were there, the gang was complete. However, things got a little dull when Kyungsoo’s boss started to bug Soo for work and because of that, Jongin was all alone in the house today, Thursday, and it .

 

Kyungsoo left early in the morning and prepared Jongin his breakfast and left a note saying that he’s sorry to leave for work on today which is supposed to be a Jongin love Kyungsoo day. They kind of scheduled it a week ago. The note also stated that Kyungsoo called for Chanyeol to keep him company.

 

“So what did I say about marking the territories?”

 

“Yeah, you’re right!” Jongin replied. “He’s really pissing me off!”

 

“And whose fault is that?”

 

“Mine,” Jongin sighed.

 

“So, when will you propose?” Chanyeol’s voice all became too excited and transferred to the sofa where Kai was sitting.

 

“I don’t know! I should not be worrying that now, hyung’s birthday is in a few days.”

 

“Why don’t you do it tomorrow?” Chanyeol suggested.

 

“How am I gonna plan and prepare stuffs? Nahh!”

 

“Or maybe on your birthday?”

 

“Probably not.” Kai replied.

 

“Then the day between your birthdays would be good.”

 

“It’s a cute date but how can I have the time to prepare for that if I have to think and prepare for hyung’s birthday.”

 

“That is why you have friends Kim Jongin,” Luhan said as he entered Jongin’s house with Sehun and Baekhyun.

 

“We were informed about your current situation Kai,” Sehun said. “Who’s Soo-hyung’s boss anyways?”

 

“He was the owner of the convenience store hyung works while he was …. You know! Hiding from me a year ago!” Jongin explained. “But it turned out he just bought that convenience store to get close to hyung and he is the son of the owner of multinational company where hyung works now,”

 

“A piece of advice! Let go of Soo, he’s much better off with his boss,” Baekhyun joked. “He’d be a millionaire in mere seconds!”

 

“Baek! You’re breaking Jongin’s heart,” Luhan said.

 

“It was just a joke!” Baekhyun pleaded his innocence. “Yeah! Yeah! Maybe it was quite of UNENTERTAINING!”

 

“So Kai, what will be your first move?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“First move…….. Let me think! I guess I better prepare for hyung’s birthday then my proposal,”

 

“Lousy Kai!” Sehun remarked. “Lu lu has a plan.”

 

“So now Luhan is Lu Lu?” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Not funny Chanyeol!”

 

“Here’s the deal, Baekhyun and I will prepare for Kyungsoo’s birthday since we know Kyungsoo for better than anyone of you except for Jongin and all you have to do is to prepare your gift or gifts. Then the three of you will take care of the proposal! Division of labor!” Luhan expounded. “Everyone agrees to my plan? If there are no more questions then let’s hit the road?”

 


 

Kyungsoo got home really late today and Jongin was really waiting for him. It was thirty minutes past twelve midnight when Soo arrived. Apparently, he was stuck with so much paper works that he brought them in the house. He got in the house noticing an unlock door and a Jongin lying in the sofa.

 

“Hyung?” Jongin’s eyes popped out. “What’s with all that stuff?”

 

“It’s really nothing Jongin! I have to finish this because it’ll be needed tomorrow for the meeting,”

 

“Have you eaten dinner?” Jongin asked.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“What did you eat?”

 

“Suho-hyung ordered pizza and some pasta,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“And you call that dinner?” Jongin remarked. “It is a good thing that Luhan-hyung got here and cooked some food. I’ll just heat them up so we can eat!”

 

“Hang on? So you mean, you haven’t eaten anything?”

 

“Yeah, I was waiting for you then I fell asleep and the next thing I know is the front door is opening!”

 

“You should have not waited for me Jongin, don’t starve yourself! I told not to wait for me if I’ll gonna run home really late,”

 

“Then, you should have gone home early,” Jongin raised his tone.

 

“I was working.” Kyungsoo retorted.

 

“Yeah! That’s what I thought! You are working,” Jongin voice sounded sarcastic.

 

“I thought you understand! I just don’t want to screw up. It’ll not only affect me, it will also affect Suho!”

 

“Yeah! Yeah! I understand!” Jongin placed the plates in the dining table. “It’s not as fancy as what your boss, SUHO, ordered,” he added.

 

“Where are you going?” Kyungsoo queried for he only saw a meal intended for one. “Aren’t you gonna eat?”

 

“Nope! I kinda realize I was full! I’ll just go to sleep!” Jongin replied.

 

“Fine!” Kyungsoo now raised his tone.

 

-- Friday –

 

The morning came and Jongin got up the bed, it was 6:30 in the morning but his hyung was not in the house. There was a note posted on the fridge about Kyungsoo going early to work and how he have prepared Jongin breakfast.

 

Jongin suspected that Kyungsoo never slept because his files were all over the dining table and he did not notice Kyungsoo going to their bed either.

 

While Kyungsoo was very busy with his work, Jongin and the rest of the gang were also busy prepping for Kyungsoo’s birthday and Jongin’s grand marriage proposal. The birthday celebration will be held in their house and the proposal would be in a garden just a few kilometer drive away from Seoul.

 

“Balloons will be delivered on Monday next week!” Luhan said.

 

“I already contacted the caterer for the food and it’s a green light,” Baekhyun added.

 

“How about your part of the labor?” Luhan ask the three men about their part of the plan.

 

“The venue has been booked,” Sehun replied.

 

“I ordered the flowers last night. The food is a go, I’ve contacted the caterer just this morning,” Chanyeol stated.

 

“How about the ring?” Luhan asked.

 

“Yeah! Kai! Kai!” Sehun called. “Kai! Kai!” he barked.

 

“Kim Jongin! Snap out,” Chanyeol yelled.

 

“Yeah?” Jongin answered with a tone of being clueless.

 

“The ring?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah! The ring,” Jongin answered with all the melancholy in the world. “I’ll buy the ring on Sunday,”

 

“Are you feeling well?” Chanyeol queried.

 

“Yeah! Maybe! Honestly, I don’t even know.”

 

“Are you having doubts?” Luhan asked.

 

“Nope!” Jongin answered. “It’s just that, hyung has been very busy lately! I don’t know if he has time for this or for us,”

 

“Nah! You’re over thinking things Kai,” Sehun remarked.

 

“I wish I was overthinking things Sehun! I really wish I was!”

 

-- Saturday –

 

“Hyung! Wake up! It’s already 7:30 in the morning! I made breakfast!”

 

“7:30?” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “God! I’m going to be late!”

 

“Late for what?” Jongin asked.

 

“I have a meeting at 8 with the Japanese investors,” Kyungsoo hurriedly went to their restroom and brushed his teeth, washed his face, tamed his messy morning hair and dressed himself in his corporate attire.

 

“Aren’t you gonna eat breakfast?”

 

“I’ll just eat in the office.” Soo answered then kissed Kai’s cheeks then bolted to work.

 


 

The clock tells Jongin that it is 11:35 pm and any signs of Kyungsoo was still undetectable. Then the front door opened.

 

“Jongin, you’re still awake!”

 

“Yeah!” Jongin answered. “Have you eaten?”

 

“Yes! I ate with my boss,”

 

“Why am I not surprised?” Jongin remarked. “Are you gonna sleep now?”

 

“Maybe later, I have to finish my presentation for tomorrow,”

 

“Okay! I guess I’ll be off to bed,”

 

-- Sunday –

 

Kyungsoo left early and as usual he posted a note in the fridge about him going to work early and Jongin thought it is a freaking Sunday and even the busiest person in the world takes a break on a Sunday. In fact since work resumed after the New Year, Soo has been out of the house almost every day.

 

Jongin’s thoughts was interrupted by the sound of his ringtone.

 

“Hello!” Jongin greeted.

 

“Hello Jongin!”

 

“Luhan-hyung,”

 

“Have you bought the ring?”

 

“I’ll buy it this afternoon,” Jongin replied.

 

“Do you know Soo’s size?”

 

“Yeah! Don’t worry,”

 

“Now that you mentioned about worrying, you’ve been very blue lately. Is Soo’s work bothering you until now?”

 

“I am not bothered! I’m starting to be pissed off!” Kai replied. “He worked yesterday and got home pretty close to midnight and then went off to his office today and only God knows when he will be back,”

 

“Is that the real reason that you’re pissed? Is it about the work or about the boss?”

 

“Both!” Jongin exclaimed.

 

“Okay, just calm down! I’ll try talk to Soo and see what I can do! Okay?”

 

“Thanks Luhan-hyung.”

 

“Anytime!” Luhan replied then hanged-up the phone.

 

Jongin went to the jewelry shop at 2 pm and got home with the ring at dusk. He was having a hard time choosing what ring would best fit his hyung. There was a multitude of really beautiful rings with extremely exceptional designs. Some were adorned with diamonds, some with other precious stones, some were made of precious metals and the others have unique markings and patterns. The choices were overwhelming however, at the end he chose a platinum ring with an embedded diamond, its simplicity and elegance reflected Kyungsoo’s personality best.

 

When he got home, he was greeted with the familiarity of the house’ coldness and loneliness. Kyungsoo will once again get home a couple of minutes before midnight and Jongin thought that this is enough. He was concerned for Kyungsoo’s well-being and he wanted Soo to think that his work is not the only thing in the world that he must give time to.

 

The dusk turned to evening and the night just got deeper and colder.

 

“I thought you’ve realized that the word home meant your office!” Jongin said as Kyungsoo got home from work.

 

“Don’t be smart with me Jongin, I’m really tired,”

 

“Yeah! I probably not,” Jongin replied.

 

“What is it that’s bothering you?” Kyungsoo then asked. He realized the tone of Jongin’s replies implied that he’s pissed or something. “Speak it!”

 

“I better not!” Jongin said. “I should not in your life………! If you feel hungry there’s food in the fridge just heat it up, it’d be edible!”

 

“I ate already,”

 

“That’s what I thought!” Jongin went to the kitchen. He opened their refrigerator and grabbed the food he cooked for Kyungsoo. “You ate with your boss so this serves no purpose!” Jongin went outside and threw the food he cooked in the garbage bins adjacent to their house. The view of Jongin treating the food he made as rubbish was very clear from where Kyungsoo was standing through the slight opening of the front door

 

“I better go to sleep,” Jongin remarked as he closed the door and left Kyungsoo alone in the living room stunned by what he has done.

 

-- Monday, Kyungsoo’s Birthday --

 

“He will not come,” Jongin said.

 

“What is with the pessimism?” Chanyeol exclaimed. “You should be the first one to believe that he’ll come!”

 

“It’s not pessimism, it’s the reality,”

 

“He will come!” Luhan and Baekhyun yelled.

 

8 pm became 10 pm and any sign of Kyungsoo’s imminent arrival was far from clear. Luhan keeps staring at his wristwatch and Chanyeol and Sehun are consoling Kai. Baekhyun attempted to give life to the party but was never successful. Then, when the clock struck 11, Kyungsoo came.

 

“Luhan-hyung! Chanyeol! Sehun! Baekhyun! You’re here? If I have known it, I should’ve gotten home earlier. I’m sorry,” Kyungsoo apologized.

 

“No worries! It’s good that you’re here before 12, at least we have an hour for your birthday celebration,” Baekhyun smiled.

 

“Happy Birthday Soo!” everyone except Kai greeted him.

 

“Thanks! I totally forgot it’s my birthday today!”

 

Flashing smiles and laughter filled the room but all was disrupted by the sound of the banged door. Apparently it was Jongin going out and you just can feel that there’s friction between Kyungsoo and Jongin at the moment.

 

“Jongin! Where are you going?”

 

“Nowhere!”

“And what do you mean by nowhere?”

 

“Somewhere! Okay?” Jongin yelled as he was opening the gate.

 

“I’ll ask you again, what is it that is really bothering you?”

 

“Nothing!” Jongin lied.

 

“If it’s nothing then why are you acting like that?”

 

“Just enjoy the party! Don’t mind me,”

 

“How can I not mind you? You’re my boyfriend for God’s sake,”

 

“You should’ve thought of that before you used all the time in the world for your work and left nothing for me!” Jongin yelled.

 

“If this is about me not having enough time for you, I thought you understood!”

 

“I understood……………. I’m trying to understand, I hope I understand! But no!” Jongin barked. “It was not like this before, now you’re working 24/7. You’re priorities are shifting and I’m not sure if us is even part of your new set of priorities.”

 

“I am working for us, for our future,”

 

“I guess all your effort for that future will never bear fruit!” Jongin rode his motorcycle drove as fast as he can to get away from the house.

 

Luhan embraced a weeping Soo and asked Sehun and Chanyeol if he could follow Jongin, just to ensure that he’ll be safe.

 

Birthday parties are expected to be happy and gay but the night ended with tears and pain.

 

-- Tuesday, Day of the Proposal --

 

“Soo are you awake?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Luhan-hyung made breakfast!”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“Just come downstairs after you finished all your morning routines, okay?”

 

“Yeah! Thanks!”

 

“No worries!” Baekhyun replied.

 


 

“Soo can I have a word with you?” Luhan wanted to talk to Kyung after he finished all the dishes.

 

“I know it’s not my place to say things about your relationship but Jongin is just really worried about you,”

 

“I thought he’d understand, I just can’t be his ‘housewife’ and be with him all the time!” Kyungsoo retorted.

 

“It is not about that Soo!” Baekhyun joined the conversation. “Jongin was worried about you, your health, in fact, he asked Luhan-hyung about tips on cooking and what to cook for you! We all know how terrible Jongin’s culinary skills are but he strived to learn for you but even once, you never appreciated all his efforts.”

 

“I never realized ….that ….. I was…”

 

“That’s because you’ve been too focused on your career, and you forgot you have a home to get home to, you have Jongin,” Baekhyun interrupted Soo.

 

“He was not asking for you to give up your career for he understands that, he too has his own venture to take care of, he’s just afraid that he’ll be out of your universe because your whole cosmos revolve on your work,” Luhan said. “And another thing, he knows your boss likes you, romantically, and he just can’t stand it when you spend more time with your boss and a little to no time for him,”

 

“Was I acting like a fool hyung?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Nope! To be honest, your actions were selfish,” Luhan said.

 

“I guess I have to agree with Luhan-hyung, Soo,” Baekhyun seconded.

 

“Yeah! I think you’re right,” Kyungsoo replied. “But I guess it’s too late for us. I mean, he already said it last night, we have no future.”

 

“Too late is never an option Soo,” Luhan stated. “Remember, when you almost flew to Japan to leave Jongin, did he give up? Did he say it’s too late for Kyungsoo and Jongin? He did not! He gambled all his cards for you!”

 

“And this time, it will be you who will gamble for Jongin,” Baekhyun grinned. “And if you’re wondering where Jongin is, we know where he is!”

 

“It’s almost 2 pm, if we travel now we will reach him by 4 ‘o clock,” Baekhyun answered. “Probably, he’d be there waiting!”

 

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo asked. “Where is he?”

 

“In the place where he’d be asking your hand for marriage,”

 

“WHAT?” Kyungsoo shouted. “ …………… Pro…po…sal…?” He stammered.

 

“Yeah! You heard it right!” Baekhyun smiled. “It’s a proposal! Just don’t tell him that we told you and stuttering would not help you, we know Jongin is a little upset with you, but he loves you.”

 

“There is an option to miss it though,” Luhan said.

 

“Are you kidding me? I wouldn’t want to miss my own engagement!”

 


 

“Are you sure you’re cancelling it off?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yeah! Hyung will not be here anyways,” Jongin replied.

 

“Are you losing hope for your relationship?” Chanyeol asked. “Are you the Jongin I know? When Kyungsoo was just a mere memory, you loved him, treasured him and never gave up your love for him but now Kyungsoo is with you and you wanna let him loose,”

 

“It’s different this time Chanyeol!” Kai shouted.

 

“What’s different? You love him less now?” Chanyeol yelled back.

 

Jongin was silenced. “I do not love him less, but I guess he just can’t love me like the way I love him,”

 

“Foolish! Kyungsoo loves you more than you can ever imagine,” Sehun remarked and smiled.

 

Jongin was going to say something to Sehun when the speakers were and the sound the resounded was a voice familiar to his heart.

 

It’s hard for me to say the things 
I want to say sometimes 
There’s no one here but you and me 
And that broken old street light 
Lock the doors 
We’ll leave the world outside 
All I’ve got to give to you 
Are these five words tonight

 

Jongin turned around and saw Kyungsoo holding a microphone and singing at the opposite end of the aisle. Jongin just can’t control the sudden surge of emotions, his tears rolled without him knowing.

 

“Stay where you are, I’ll be there with you!” Kyungsoo said and continued singing.

 

Thank you for loving me 
For being my eyes 
When I couldn’t see 
For parting my lips 
When I couldn’t breathe 
Thank you for loving me 
Thank you for loving me 

 

Kyungsoo started walking down the aisle floored by a red carpet while he was crying and singing. Jongin just stood at the other end staring at Kyungsoo. Everything froze, time stopped for this moment is just between them.
 

I never knew I had a dream 
Until that dream was you 
When I look into your eyes 
The sky’s a different blue 
Cross my heart 
I wear no disguise 
If I tried, you’d make believe 
That you believed my lies 

Thank you for loving me 
For being my eyes 
When I couldn’t see 
For parting my lips 
When I couldn’t breathe 
Thank you for loving me 

You pick me up when I fall down 
You ring the bell before they count me out 
If I was drowning you would part the sea 
And risk your own life to rescue me

 

Kyungsoo was now in the middle of the aisle, he was walking in parallel to the tempo of the song he was singing, he saw Jongin waiting for him and his eyes were only locked to that man on the other end of the road to forever.

 

“Kim Jongin, I’m sorry! I really am,” Kyungsoo cried.

 

“You need not, I have forgiven you hyung even before you commit any mistake,” Jongin replied.

 

“Thank you for everything! You loved every piece of me but all I did was to cause you more pain,” Kyungsoo cried harder.

 

“You need not, I am the one who’s thankful hyung! You’re here……… walking towards me! The very person I have loved is loving me even more than I can love him.”

 

Lock the doors 
We’ll leave the world outside 
All I’ve got to give to you 
Are these five words tonight

Thank you for loving me 
For being my eyes 
When I couldn’t see 
You parted my lips 
When I couldn’t breathe 
Thank you for loving me 

When I couldn’t fly 
Oh, you gave me wings 
You parted my lips 
When I couldn’t breathe
Thank you for loving me

 

“You did not give on me when everything was pushing you to give up,” Kyungsoo said. “Now, I will not give up on you, on us! I will gamble, I will put all my cards on the table for us.”

 

“You need not, you played your cards right,” Jongin smiled.

 

“Do Kyungsoo,” Kai knelt and opened the ring box. “Will you spend forever with me?”

 

Now, it was Kyungsoo’s turn to shed all his tears. The gravity of his emotions was immeasurable, the happiness was overwhelming and love resonated throughout space.

 

“Yes!” Kyungsoo replied. “Yes! I will!” Kyungsoo’s tears cascaded.

 

Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s left hand and he put the ring to Kyungsoo’s ring finger then stood afterwards.

 

“Thank you! I love you hyung!” Jongin declared and pressed lips with Kyungsoo. It was chaste and full of love, the kind of love that will bind them for eternity.

 

“I loved you! I love you! I will love you for the rest of my life Kim Jongin! Always! Forever!”

 

-- End --
 


 

Songs:  Marry Me by Train, Marry You by Bruno Mars, Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi