Final

Like A Cat

Luhan could not understand why Lee Hyeri was so hard to catch. There are other criminals who are way more dangerous than her yet she managed to escape. What Luhan and his fellow detectives did not understand was how Hyeri was able to steal 3 Rolex watches, each worth $40000, 5 Swarovski, each worth $55000 and had broken into Fort Knox, one of the world's safest safes, and it is also heavily guarded, with every kind of sensors and high technology equipments that could detect anyone that was breaking in. Yet Hyeri managed to escape with 5 billion dollars. Luhan had not seen Hyeri face-to-face before, but he knew how she looked and always remained alert everytime he saw a girl in her 20s with a bob hair cut and big double eyelid eyes. However, Luhan wasn't aware that meeting Hyeri would mean falling in love and heartache.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a long day and Luhan was frustrated. Not only Hyeri could not be found anywhere, his leader was also grumpy that day, and so he took hout his anger at his underlings, by scolding them, and Luhan was no exception. To relax, Luhan went to his favourtie jjajangmyunck bean noodles) restaurant, 'Jjajangmyun 101*'. He was greeted by the waiters and waitresses, along with the giggles of the female customers. Luhan wasn't in mood with any of the flirting of the girls, and his friend Kim Minseok seemed to understand his mood and quickly asked the chef to cook a bowl of jjangmyun as fast as possible. "Minseok ah, my leader was a nuisance today. If he's angry, why did he have to scold all of us? What did we do wrong? Aish! That-"Luhan stopped in the middle of his sentence. He looked up and saw a girl in her 20s with a bob haircut and large eyes. He read her nametag and it says "Kim Hana". Luhan actually thought it was Lee Hyeri, but there was a glint in her eye that she was not "Kim Hana". He proceeded to eat his jjangmyeon when he saw the receipt of his bill on the table and a post it that read:

If you need anyone to talk with, just call for me and I'll be listening to you. I promise. Let's meet again next time. :)

-LHR/KHN

    

 

 

Luhan did not realize he started falling for Lee Hyeri 5%.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next day, Luhan woke up to the sound of his digital alarm clock. It was Saturday and he had no work to do so he decided to go to the jjajangmyun restaurant. If he was asked why he would go there again when he had been there last night, he would say he loved the jjajangmyun they cook there. But the truth was Luhan was somehow attracted to Kim Hana, or Lee Hyeri. He went there to talk to her. The bell that was attached to the door jingled when Luhan pushed the door. He was greeted warmly by the workers there and sat down at his favourite spot. "Welcome to Jjajangmyun 101. What would you like to order?"asked a sweet, melodious voice. Luhan looked up and it was Hyeri(to him it was Hana). "Oh hey, I want a bowl of jjajangmyun please. And do you mind listening to me talking?"requested Luhan. Hyeri looked back to Minseok, who was her supervisor. Minseok nodded and Hyeri replied,"Sure. I'll get you your jjajangmyeon and you can talk freely." 

 

Luhan unknowingly fell for Lee Hyeri 20%

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What's your relationship with Minseok hyung?"asked Luhan. "Minseok oppa? Oh he's my cousin."replied Hyeri while smiling. They had been talking all day, particularly about their jobs and how annoying their bosses were. Luhan almost revealed everything about him to Hyeri, because he felt his secrets were safe with her. "Hana ssi, do you know who Lee Hyeri is?"asked Luhan. Hyeri hesistated for a minute before answering Luhan, for she knew that the man sitting across her was the detective that she had fallen hard for. Being the smart girl she was she replied,"Yeah. She's my best friend. Why are you asking me this?". Luhan then hastily replied,"Uh..nothing,  you're Minseok's cousin so I think you're close with her. Do you want to go to the newly-opened COEX Aquarium tomorrow?" Hyeri giggled and replied,"Sure. 8 am sounds good? And by the way, are you asking me out on a date?" Luhan blushed and said while smiling,"May i ask you out on a date then?" Hyeri chuckled and nodded.

 

Luhan now realized he fell for Hyeri 50%.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You look great,"Luhan complimented Hyeri when she opened the door. Luhan was not lying at all. She was dressed in a simple not-so-revealing tank top with a black collar, along with a pair of black shorts and a gray below-waist-level cardigan. She wore a pair of black Oxford shoes. It was true;Lee Hyeri loved the colour black. "You look great too."Hyeri said sheepishly to Luhan. Luhan was wearing a denim shirt with a white tanktop inside, along with a pair of dark coloured jeans and blue Converse. A red cap was worn by him to make him look younger than his age. After a few wrong turns, they finally arrived at the aquarium. Without doubt, it was packed with visitors from all around the world. COEX Aquarium is South Korea's largest aquarium, filled with a variety of marine animals. Luhan and Hyeri had a great day, filled with laughs and selcas and polaroids. Evening came and it was dinner time. Hyeri brought Luhan to a ramen shop and said,"I used to eat here with Hyeri unni. We would take selcas and upload it at Instagram. But one day Hyeri unni disappeared. This place has a lot of memories for me, and you became one of my memories too, Luhan." Hearing those words, Luhan's heart thumped loudly. But he was lovestrucked, and did not get the hint from Hyeri. Hyeri saw Luhan smiling and thought sadly,"Pabo. Didn't you get my hint?"

 

Luhan knew he fell for Hyeri 70%. He wanted to fall for her 100%.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That cute pabo. He texted me he wanted to meet me at 7 pm and look, it's 7.45 already."Hyeri grumbled. Earlier, Luhan texted Hyeri that he wanted to meet her by Han River at 7 pm. "Boo!"said a deep, husky voice. Hyeri swore and turned around and saw it was Luhan. Luhan was laughing out loud after hearing Hyeri swearing in front of him. "Hana ah, I have something to say to you. I fell for you 100%. I love you so much. Do you want to be my girlfriend?"confessed Luhan shyly. Hyeri's face fell after hearing what Luhan said. She then replied while trying so hard to hold back her 'damned' tears,"Luhan ah, do you know the fairy tale "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"? Of course you know that. At the ending of the story, Snow White and the Prince Charming lived happily ever after, right? In reality, I am Snow White, and I met my Prince Charming. He's in front of me right now. I love him so much, but he did not know Kim Hana is Lee Hyeri. Annyeong, I'm Lee Hyeri." Luhan froze when he heard what Hyeri said to him. He realized that he fell for a criminal. But not having Hyeri by his side was a horror that he could not imagine. He was in a dilemma. The criminal he wanted to catch so badly was in front of him the whole time. He finally understood what Hyeri meant by saying that he became of her memories. He looked up and saw that Hyeri wasn't there anymore. Like a cat, Hyeri walked into Luhan's life quietly, and like a cat, Hyeri left Luhan.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So... did you enjoy the one-shot? I was thinking of making a sequel for this story, but I wanted your guys' opinion. Comment below what you think! Don't hesitate at all! Thank you so much for reading my one-shot! Kamsahabnida!