Taengoo the doll

Little Taeyeon No More

 

 

Supernatural is not the right term for Taeyeon. Let’s just say that she’s somewhat peculiar. She’s sharing a different bond with her doll that no one else ever experienced. They are one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Flashback

 

“Hi my name is Kim Taeyeon and this is my doll Taengoo”

 

  “Hahahahaha look! it’s the freak and her doll! hahaha”

 

  “What are you? 1st grader? still holding a doll hahaha”

 

  

 Don’t mind those immature kids.This is my doll Taengoo. I made her when I was 5 and she is the most important thing to me. She looks exactly like me and that is so fun. It’s like we are one. We will protect each other. We will stay by each other’s side forever.

 

 

--------

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, why don’t you play with your friends?”

 

“Because nobody likes her! They all think she’s a freak! She’s so smart but she’s so quiet, nobody knows what’s going on with her crazy head! Especially with that creepy looking doll”

 

“Kim Miyoung! Don’t talk like that to your sister! She’s older than you show some respect! Go to your room now!”

 

“Eomma, that’s fine. I’m happy with just being with Taengoo.”

 

“Listen, Taeyeon, why can’t you let go of that doll? You’re too old for that!”

 

“Eomma I already told you before. There’s no way that I’ll let go of Taengoo.”

 

“Taeyeon just go to your room”

 

  No one will ever understand how I feel. Taengoo is connected to me in a very special way. If she’s too far from me, my heart will clench so much. I don’t know what is it but I really love Taengoo. No one can ever separate her from me. Taengoo and I are forever connected. Taengoo can I be you forever?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  When  Miyoung came back to her room, the doll was staring at her again. It makes her think that the doll is actually alive. She suddenly remembered her sister Taeyeon. Of course, her sister! Now she remembers everything! That doll was her sister's doll. The one that she calls Taengoo.

  The last time she saw her sister was when she was 8. Her sister was so good to her. She's so kind and she helps her with her homeworks. One day, she went to Taeyeon's room and saw her talking to her doll. And the doll was answering back. She was smiling too! Taengoo is alive! That day changed everything. She acted all tough but in reality, Miyoung was terrified. She's already scared with dolls, what more if it's alive?


 As far as I can remember, Unnie said that she can't live without her doll. If her doll is here, and she's not here... then does that mean... she's dead? 

"Eommmaaa!"
 

"Wae?"
 

"I remember this doll! This is Taengoo's! The one that she said she can't live without!"
 

"Omo! Taeyeon-ah? How come her doll is here but she's not?"
 

"Maybe she's dead! And this doll... I remember hearing this doll talk to Unnie when I entered her room before she disappeared!"
 

"Miyoung how will that be alive? You were just a kid back then. Maybe you were imagining things"
 

"No Eomma, I swear! That's why I got scared of Unnie suddenly!"
 

"Miyoung-ah!"
 

   Now I know why my sister acted so differently. Taengoo, she's scared of you? What do we do? We need to have a little fun. If they think I'm dead, then just let it be! They'll know soon that I'm alive anyway. Don't you think they're funny?