Chapter 1

Learning Life

 

   

 

                                                        tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4r0dpdephlic

 

I didn't know much but I knew this wasn't right. The dead quiet of the forest was not right because the thing was it wasn't actually quiet. I swore in the mist of my confused thoughts that I sometimes heard a quick rustle of leaves. A snip of conversation. And in my most disturbing times a scream. High pitched as if something was having it's life dragged out of it. Although sparse those left me utterly terrified and waiting nothing more than to leave. I wanted to run, hide, cry, ask why it had to be me; but my body betrayed me. It stayed paralyzed on the hard dirt floor, my eyes tightly shut, my neck bent at an awkward angle and my insides anxious and miserable.

My eyes fluttered open then shut just as quickly seeing brown boots standing less than a foot away from me.
I felt the man bend down. His cigarette breath hit me as he stared at me too close for comfort. His cold rough fingers traced my features. I think it was meant to be gentle but the callus from his hands scratched my face. And I wanted to coil away in disgust as i suffocated on his breath and musty odor.
“joon-ah don't tell me you're falling for the ?” his partner questioned
He let out a chuckle. The really spitty kind. Ew.
“You know I like women but I like revenge more. But you have to admit those mutts sure know how to pick them.” he said placing his hand on my chapped lips.
“so you want to play with her?” the other male inquired. His hand traveled down my neck and dangerously close to my chest.
“maybe if we have the time. It would be a waste to not play with such a beautiful thing.”
The other just hummed in silent agreement. 
My chest constricted in fear. Even if my outside was blank I felt like dying on the inside. Death appealed to me more than ever now. I calmed my breathes. The last thing I wanted them to know was my presence. I didn't want “play time” to come earlier than planned. Matter of fact I never wanted it to come. The thought of being wrapped by the musty cigarette smell of the stranger made me want to throw up. But nothing came from my virtually empty stomach. I closed my eyes begging for sleep. I decided I had experienced enough fear for one day.
 

I felt the days getting longer. Maybe thats what happens when youre about to die. As a sort of hidden mercy in the pain. However when i first woke up this morning I knew today was different. I did not feel the usual weighted force on my mind and body. There was a prick of pain in my neck as i stared at the dark tall trees reach for the sky and the sun hide behind them. It greedily warmed only parts of the forest and left other parts like my body ice cold and in the dark.
The echo of footsteps snapped me out of my thoughts and before i knew it i was sprinting full speed in the opposite direction.
I guess this was my hidden mercy. A chance for escape I sure as hell wasn't sticking around.

**********************************************

 

I let out strangled breathes. My mind dancing on the little oxygen I was able to provide it. My feet ached with every step. Warm blood seeping out the fragile skin as sticks and stones scraped at it. I on teeth until I felt they would break. Because God knows everything hurt so bad.
I was quickly losing my energy. My head spun as I stumbled into yet another clearing. And fell to the ground in defeat.
Every corner resembled the last 
Every freaking tree, identical. 
I think it's been a while since I've left
I think I was far away from them
I lay my head down and my neck ached in protest.
Honestly what's wrong with those people? Was I seriously that big of a ?
Wait.
“you know it's actually not that hard to believe”
I whispered bitterly into the night.
It's not like like I could be more of a lunatic after all here I am having elaborate conversations with myself.

And I swear I'm going crazy that is if I haven't already.

 

 

tumblr_mzsumrJNOg1tpsazyo1_r1_500.gif 

         A bit shabby for the first chapter but it'll get better. Hopefully.