Lonely Day, Or Not

❄New Year's Eve❄

29517461-256-k17919.jpg

BamBam sighed as he ended his call with his mother. It was going to be a lonely New Years again. Ever since he moved to Korea to study abroad he always felt lonely. He had skyped his family members often, though it wasn't the same as being with his family.

-

Yugyeom waved goodbye to the rest of his family members as they drove off. He walked back into the house and plopped himself down on his bed. -Happy New Years Eve BamBam!- Yugyeom texts his best friend. The younger's phone went off and he swiped his finger across the screen to check it. -Hey Gyeomie! Happy New Years Eve (: What are you doing for the holiday?- Yugyeom frowned at the screen and grabbed his jacket, phone, house keys and skateboard. He skated towards BamBam's small apartment about five blocks away.

-

BamBam stared at his hand phone waiting for the younger boy's reply. He put his phone down and stuffed his face into his pillow. His legs and feet were kicking at the mattress below him out of boredom. Usually Yugyeom always replied directly after the older sent a text.

The older almost drifted off into sleep but there was a loud banging noise against his front door of the apartment. He sleepily dragged himself towards the front door. Out of habit he opened the door without looking through the peep hole. "Yugyeom?" He said sleepily rubbing his eyes. "Hey Bambi!" Yugyeom threw his arms around the shorter boy's neck. BamBam shook his head and pulled away. "Gyeomie?" "Huh? Yeah!" The taller grinned. "Why are you here?" The older tugged Yugyeom by the hand into the small apartment and closed the front door.

"My parents went off to some fancy place for the New Years." The younger shrugged. "Oh. Alright." BamBam shrugged. The two went into the older's room and plopped down onto the bed. "You know, I didn't expect to spend my day like this." Yugyeom spoke up. "Is that a bad thing?" BamBam asked. "No. I prefer things to be like this." The younger smiled. "I thought I was going to spend this year alone again." BamBam laughed. "Sorry about last ye-" "Gyeomie, don't be sorry about last year, your parents barely knew me cause you never asked to invite me over and you all had a family thing. It's alright." "Okay." Was the said boy's reply. 

"So what do you want to do? We have... eight hours before the New Year." BamBam asked getting up from the bed. "Let's go out?" The younger suggested. "Good idea." The shorter male nodded and grabbed what he needed for later. They walked out of the small apartment and rushed towards the nearest bubble tea shop in the snow covered city.

Yugyeom rushed to pay before the older even got to pull out his wallet. BamBam retrieved his Thai bubble milk tea while the younger got the usually regular bubble milk tea. Their hands brushed and Yugyeom froze. "Hey, I found a table." The shorter male tugged at Yugyeom's hoodie. "Oh alright." The younger shook his head and followed. 

He groaned in frustration as BamBam almost kept touching him. "Anything wrong?" The older questioned. "Hm? Everything's alright." The taller male assured. "Alright." BamBam shrugged it off and put his head down on top of his folded arms, looking outside at the snow falling. 

"This year passed by so quickly, hadn't it?" The shorter male asked. "Why do you think so?" Yugyeom put his head down on the table as well next to the other male. "Because it was with you." BamBam replied nonchalantly. The younger stayed silent. "I lived about a few months alone with no one to bother saying hello. I thought I might become mute if no one ever said anything. Then one day a new student joins the same English class as I have. He's almost trips at the doorway and bumps his head against the low door frame." BamBam laughs quietly to himself. "Come on, let's go for a walk." "In this weather?" Yugyeom lifts his head from the table. "Yeah."

The two exit the warm toasty shop into the frigid temperatures of Korea. "Park?" Yugyeom suggests. The shorter only nods and continues with the story.

"Mrs. Jung decides to move Jackson Wang next to the ever so quiet Mark Tuan because he's been loud over the past few months, thinking this is the perfect opportunity to make 'Mr. Wang' shut up. She places that clumsy person in front of me and secretly tells me to become friends with him after class. I planned to talk to you, though it would have been at some point through the year, which of course would be a lot farther through the school year if she hadn't asked me to. She knew I didn't have any friends and probably would have made us do a project together even though she never makes us do difficult work." Yugyeom interrupted. "So should would have forced us to do a project if we never talked?" "Precisely." The older replies. "Well. That was basically how we met." 

"BamBam Hyung, I'm the one who tried talking to you." Yugyeom argues. "A week later." The said male mumbles. The younger just shrugs and sits on the swing beside the one BamBam settles himself on. He looks at his hand phone. "Six hours left."

"Any New Years Resolutions?" BamBam asks. "Just one that I can think about at the moment." The younger shrugs. "Oh." Is the shorter male's reply. "What might that be?" "Nothing that really matters." Yugyeom sighs. BamBam didn't want to bother his friend anymore about this matter that he probably didn't want to talk about.

"So, do you have any New Years Resolutions?" Yugyeom asks his hyung. "Yeah. My top priority is making enough money to go visit my family back in Thailand. Maybe getting into a relationship. That would be nice." BamBam shrugged. "Ha. I thought about it too, but I'm not even sure if the person likes me the slightest bit back. I don't want to force feelings onto them." The younger sadly smiled.

"Hey look the sun is setting." Yugyeom tried to change the topic. He wanted to lean in closer to his hyung. The temperature was dropping and BamBam was visibly shaking. Yugyeom tugged the black scarf he had gotten from his friend SeoRan back in 대한민국 경기도 남양주시, his hometown before he moved into Seoul, off of his neck and wrapped it around BamBam's. "Thanks." The older pulled it up a little higher to cover his nose and mouth.

BamBam kept his eyes focused on the sun setting while other boy watched the older. "Well, that's the last sun set of this year." Yugyeom smiled when the boy with pink hair turned to him. "Yeah I guess so." The other returned the smile. "Five hours left." Yugyeom stood up. "Where to now?" BamBam asked

"Han River." The two raced to the natural attraction.- "I win!" Yugyeom jumped up into the air. The older was hunched over, hands on his knees and huffing. As they steadied their breathing puffs of hot air escaped their mouths. BamBam was the first to recover. "You cheated!" "What?" The younger was taken aback by that. "Yeah! You have longer legs! Which means you're taller and have longer strides!" The shorter male argued. "Maybe next time hyung." Yugyeom laughed. "Ugh. Whatever." The said male huffed. 

"You want to go get hot chocolate?" Yugyeom changed the subject. The older nodded and the two walked over to the nearest place that serves hot chocolate. BamBam quickly payed and stuck his tongue out at the taller male. "It's fair now." He said. Yugyeom shrugged and sat down on one of stools next to the pink haired male. "

"KunGyeom?" The barista called out. The younger shot a strange look at his hyung. BamBam picked up the two cups and handed one to dazed male. "Kun...Gyeom?" Yugyeom repeated. "It's a mix of our names." The older replied. "The beginning of my name plus the end of yours? To me it sounds a lot better than YugBam." He stood up pulling Yugyeom with him.

"Hey, uh we're closing now and we had these left over." A boy around his mid teens walked up to the two. He held out a paper box with a plastic window showing chocolate covered strawberries. "Also we had an extra can of whipped cream in the fridge and we all had our fill of that stuff. Would you like them?" BamBam nodded thanking him. "No problem, Happy New Year." The boy fled back behind the counter. The older dragged his best friend out of the shop.

Yugyeom's mouth opened and closed like a fish, but no words came out. "You should close your mouth before a fly flies into there. What are you so dazed about?" BamBam laughed and put his hand underneath the younger's chin to keep his mouth shut. "It's just... you gave us a ship name?" Yugyeom's voice cracked. "Why not? It's just something fun to do once in a while." The shorter shrugged and pulled his hand away to take a sip from his cup. 

The wind whipped both of them in the face. BamBam was chattering violently and the younger took this as a chance to pull him closer into a hug. They sat at the steps back at the Han River, where the higher steps and wall sheltered them from the wind. Yugyeom was lost in his thoughts of snuggling with the shorter male, spooning him while the other just wrapped his arms around the younger's neck, until something cold poked at his lips. He realized that BamBam just wanted to feed him a strawberry. 

"What are you thinking so much about? You were like dead weight for a minute there." The older grinned. "I am not dead weight!" Yugyeom pouted. "Just eat already." BamBam poked at his pouty lips again. The younger took a bite and continued to pout. "Three hours left." BamBam announced grinning at the younger beating him to it. After Yugyeom had finished all the strawberry in his mouth he stuck his tongue out at the elder.

 They sat in silence for a while. "Bam-" Yugyeom started but the older let out a small snore. He then realized that the older was sleeping. "Must have been an exciting day." The younger said to himself and held BamBam closer to his body. Yugyeom took the time to think for himself. 

'How can anyone sleep out here in the cold?' He sighed. 'What if I kiss him when the clock strikes twelve? No. What if he pushes me away and runs, then what do I do. Our friendship would be ruined. But... What if he does have feelings for me.' Yugyeom fell asleep in the midst of his thoughts. 

-

BamBam's Dream


Color bursted in the sky and reduced to ashes. "Happy New Year, Kunpimook." Yugyeom leaned in slowly, closing his eyes. The older realized he was trying to give him a kiss. He quickly closed his eyes and waited for what was going to happen next.

"BamBam." Someone shook him. "Bam."

-

A loud boom sounded through the air which woke Yugyeom up from his sleep. Was it already past twelve? He checked his cellphone. It read 11:58.  "BamBam." He shook the sleeping male. "Bam." "Hm?" The said male slowly opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep away. "It's about two minutes until the New Year." "Oh." BamBam replied. Oh. It was all a dream.

BamBam leaned further into the younger's embrace. "Anything you want to tell me before the year is over? You have thirty seconds to tell me." "I do actually." Yugyeom replied. "Thirty seconds, I have something to say as well." The older nudged him.

"I'm really glad I met you. If it weren't for you I would have been the loneliest person ever." BamBam scoffed. "So many girls look at you though." "I'm not interested in girls." Yugyeom replied. "Oh." The older replied. The two sat in silence for a few seconds. "My thirty seconds have been over, go." "I don't really know what to tell you but... I like you. A lot." BamBam turned around and leaned in to kiss the younger. Fireworks lit up the sky.

Yugyeom moved his lips to match the older's tempo. The kiss was soft and slow. BamBam put his arms around the younger's neck while the other put his hands on the shorter's hips. Yugyeom tilted his head for more access but the older pulled away first for the much needed air. "Happy New Years." The BamBam said in a raspy voice due to lack of oxygen. Their foreheads rested against one another's. Yugyeom grinned like an idiot. BamBam giggled and tightened his grip around the younger's neck. 

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

10 fracking days late. FR now. JFC 

I EXPECTED THIS TO BE A LOT SHORTER AND I THOUGHT I COULD FINISH IT BUT NOOO THIS HAS TO BE FREAKING MORE THAN 2000 WORDS LONG 

Anyways, there needs to be more YugBam in the fanfic world so here it is .__.

»  | • 느낌아니까 • |  «