Final

I Shouldn't Be Feeling Like This

-----

He was the person who said Hi to me when I started as a trainee. He smiled at me, and we became close friends ever since. 

Taekwoon, the main vocal of the group VIXX, has always been quite and shy. His unique personality gained so much attention from many Kpop fans. He tried so hard, to become more open in expressing himself, and he keeps on trying until today. Along the journey as an introvert idol, his life long friend, Cha Hakyeon, the leader of VIXX, has always been the one who helps Taekwoon to communicate with fans. 

There was one time, a fan asked a question to Taekwoon at a fansign event, and Taekwoon answered it very slowly, barely anyone can hear. That's when Hakyeon screamed Taekwoon's answer to the fans. And because of that, Taekwoon owes Hakyeon a lot, and thankful to have Hakyeon's by his side, as a leader and as a friend. 

However, Hakyeon's personality is the other way around. He is a cheerful, loud, funny and outspoken person. He talks a lot. He is the leader, so he is charge of conveying good and quality words to the medias and fans. It's important for him to have such characteristic. Besides, Hakyeon is also a passionate leader. He loves VIXX members so much; he always expresses his love towards s, passionately. He hugs, he hold hands - simply because he cares about s so much. 

That's the only thing that Taekwoon is uncomfortable about. Hakyeon always try to hug him, pull his hands, back hug him just to make him 'join' any events with fans. Taekwoon understand Hakyeon's intention, but he just dislike the way Hakyeon does it.

"I don't wanna go. Ask Ravi. I'm tired" Taekwoon said and plugged back his earphone. "Taekwoonie... Don't do this, let's go. Just walk with me to the coffee shop. I want to try their Christmas special hot chocolate! Please!" Hakyeon said while grabbing Taekwoon's left arms. Hakyeon made a dumb sad pity looks on his face when Taekwoon continue to ignore him. Taekwoon took a quick glance at Hakyeon's disappointed face and was feeling a little bit guilty towards his friend. Hakyeon always asks him to go down to the coffee shop whenever they have free time. He couldn't help to feel pity for Hakyeon. Other VIXX members were out to somewhere, leaving the two at their dorm. He's my friend, he is always there for me, why shouldn't I, Taekwoon thought, 

"Alright then" Taekwoon paused the song on his iPod, pulled out the earphones and said "Okay I'll go with you. But take away only, no eat in. I want to stay at home today." "Yeay! Thank you Taekwoonie!" Hakyeon got up to his feet and gave Taekwoon a quick peck on Taekwoon's cheek. "I'm going to get ready!" Hakyeon shouted while running to the room to get changed. 

"Ya!! What the hell?!!" Taekwoon shocked at Hakyeon's action, at the same time wiped his cheek with his palm. "Don't you dare kiss my cheek again Hakyeon-ah!" Suddenly Taekwoon feel that his cheek is grown hot and red, he is blushing from the kiss! "Damn you Hakyeon." 

At the coffee shop, Taekwoon is still blushing from the whole sudden-kiss thing. He don't know why he become so focused about the kiss. Hakyeon does a lot of that to other members, it's just a normal kiss, showing his affection towards the members, I mean, that's in Hakyeon's nature. The other members have no problems with that because they already got used to the leader over affectionate behavior. But this is the first time he had done to Taekwoon. What was Hakyeon thinking? 

"One Christmas hot chocolate please! Large. Taekwoonie do you want anything?" Taekwoon snapped back to reality, away from his thoughts. "Erm...yeah, one latte please." Taekwoon stared at Hakyeon while the boy waiting for their drinks to be prepared.

Hakyeon stood there. With that smile on his face. That cheerful smile that greeted Taekwoon on the first day they met. Hakyeon gave him a smile and waved at him as a 'wait for a minute, our drinks is almost ready' sign while Taekwoon is waiting by the door. Hakyeon is beautiful - his smile, his laugh, his hair, his body figure. He is a good man too. A good leader. A responsible leader. He always speaks for me. He knows me well, Taekwoon stood there waiting, with the thoughts in his mind. 

Taekwoon quickly withdrawn from his "how good Hakyeon is" thoughts when he was distracted by a group of people coming and hovering the counter and only to realize that the leader is not at the counter anymore. ", where is he? He left without me. Damn you Hakyeon!" Taekwoon spit the words to himself as his eyes wandered around the shop. But no, if he left, I would've seen him. There's no other door. Darn it Taekwoon. You were so busy admiring Hakyeon's beauty until you lost a sight of him! Taekwoon couldn't help but to feel worried. 

Taekwoon walked to the counter, politely pushing himself on to the group of people who were there. "Excuse me sir, the guy.. Who ordered a hot chocolate and a latte.." Taekwoon asked and got cut by the barista, "Ah, that cheerful guy. I gave him the drinks already." "Urh..what?" "Yeah, he left about a minute ago." the barista said. 

Damn it, how could I missed him? "Hakyeon-ah! Hakyeon-ah!" Taekwoon shouted. Suddenly a huge amount of worries is flooding his mind. Not when he read all those nasty kidnapping incidents that's been happening around the neighborhood. "Hakyeon-ah! Where are you?" Taekwoon searched everywhere in the shop. Toilets, downstairs seating, everywhere. The shop is getting crowded because it's already lunchtime and people that works nearby will always come to the coffee shop to grab a quick lunch meal. It's difficult for Taekwoon to move around the shop and continue his search. 

Taekwoon is really getting worried. He wants to call the leader but he didn't bring his phone because he thought it's gonna be a quick visit to the shop. And now he's regretting it. Taekwoon walked out from the shop and stood in front of it and started to cry. "Hakyeon-ah... Where are you?" 

Suddenly there's a tap on his left shoulder. "Taekwoonie...here's your latte." 

Taekwoon turned around and have the leader in his arms within a second. "Hakyeon where have you been??? I've been looking all over for you! Are you alright?" Taekwoon asked and tighten his hug around the leader. "Are you alright?" 

Hakyeon, who's still holding on to a two cups of drinks, is shocked and speechless with the whole situation. He has no idea of what's happening. All he know that after he got the drinks from the barista, he went to the shop's kitchen to get some sugar packets as the one at the counter is  finished; one of the workers asked him to come with him (the worker) to the kitchen and get some new unpacked sugars. When he left the kitchen, he found that the shop was already full with people and expect Taekwoon to wait for him outside the shop as he knows Taekwoon hates being surrounded by many people. 

"I....I...I just..w-went..." Hakyeon stopped when he heard Taekwoon's sobbing. "Ya! What's wrong with you? Why are you crying?!" Hakyeon is still numb by the whole thing. He even stiffened by the position that they are in now. "Taekwoon is hugging me. Am I dreaming? He always push me away," Hakyeon said in his mind. 

"Ya Jung Taekwoon! What's wrong with you?" Hakyeon asked again. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" 

Worried? Taekwoon worried about me? That's not Taekwoon, Hakyeon thought. "I was in their kitchen, getting some new packet sugars for your latte. I'm not gonna let you die with the bitterness of the drink. I'm alright! Why are you crying? I'm only away for 2 mins!" said Hakyeon.

This time Taekwoon loosened his grip and pull himself back. He wiped his tears. "N-no...nothing. I thought...i thought I lost you." He grabbed the drink from Hakyeon's hand and walked away. He feel so embarrassed about everything and got confused about it. Why suddenly he turned from "get away from me Hakyeon" to "don't go away from me Hakyeon" that fast? 

That night Taekwoon didn't say a word to Hakyeon. Everyone is curious of what might had happened during the day when they were not around. Both of them didn't talk during dinner, leaving the other 4 idiots to joke and blabber about their day at the mall. 

"What's wrong with Taekwoon, really? Why did he get so worried and upset over what happened this evening?" Hakyeon is trying to put it all together before he peacefully drown in his sleep. 

Meanwhile, at the balcony of their dorm, there is Taekwoon. Screaming his thoughts out loud. "Why Taekwoon, why? Why did you have to be so over reacting? It's just a silly 2 mins moment! And now. Why can't you stop thinking about it, or...about him? It's because of the kiss right? Relax Taekwoon! You're not the only one. Ken, Ravi, Hongbin and Hyuk also have had the same thing! That hug you gave him. It felt good right? You always pushed him away when he tried to hug you and now you can't help to feel good about it." Taekwoon's nasty little thoughts are playing and battling in his mind right now. "Arghhhhh!" Taekwoon tightened his grip on his soft drink can in his hand and walked inside to go to bed. 

That minute before he close his eyes, he realised that he is already feeling something that he shouldn't be feeling of - he likes Cha Hakyeon, as more than a friend. 

-----

Hakyeon is away for 3 days for his drama shooting; that left Taekwoon to be in charge for the group. "Everyone, that's it for today. Let's go home, freshen up and go to bed. We'll practice again tomorrow," said Taekwoon. Everyone packed their stuff and lazily walked to the van but at the same time can't wait to get home. The practice went for 3 days and Taekwoon tried to deny that he was feeling a bit empty without the leader. He tries to convince himself as they usually practice together as a 6 membered group, but no; he's wrong. He missed the leader. 

It's been a week since the incident at the coffee shop happened and Taekwoon managed to maintain casual talk between the leader, for the sake of the members. It was just a two-three sentences of talk, but that will do. Taekwoon don't want his illegal feeling to overcome himself if he talk with the leader for more than 5 mins. But he couldn't help himself to steal glances of the leader when the leader did not notice, just to admire the perfection of Hakyeon. 

"Ahh Taekwoon this is wrong! He's your friend!" Taekwoon sobs to himself in the shower. Before he gone to bed that night, the feeling of missing Hakyeon is unbearable, and he slowly sneaks out to Hakyeon's bed and sleep on it. 

---

One day, they are at the one of the music show building, to perform their special stage. Every group is requested to complete a task that is listed in one bowl that will be distributed to each group. For VIXX, they received a task that says "Main vocal must sing to one member about how they feel". Apparently Jaehwan is not there as he has to perform special stage with another female idol; which means, Taekwoon is the only one left. 

Everything is so quick; they kept on pushing each other because they are scared of their Taekwoon hyung - Ravi pushed Hyuk, Hyuk pushed Hongbin, Hongbin pushed Hakyeon and Taekwoon grabbed Hakyeon's hand and sing him a song, and look at him straight in the eye. 

When that happened, Hakyeon knew exactly what's going on. He could feel something inside his heart - something unusual about Taekwoon's singing; his stare, his eyes, something that words can't describe. Hakyeon felt something really different when Taekwoon sang to him. He started to feel a bit of awkwardness about the whole thing - that's when he realised he and Taekwoon needed to talk. 

"My Taekwoonie.... Are you alright? Can we talk for a while?" Hakyeon walked towards Taekwoon who's still blank about singing his heart out to Hakyeon. Every word that he said in the song, is true. It's true Cha Hakyeon, I think I like you. Taekwoon is still drowning in his thoughts when Hakyeon's face is right in front of him.

"Taekwoonie...." Hakyeon waved his hand in front of Taekwoon. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah.. I'm okay." Taekwoon lied. "You seem distracted these days. Ever since the incident at the coffee shop. Look Taekwoon, I can't lie anymore. It's been bothering me. I couldn't focus on my shooting because I kept on thinking of what had happened. Let's talk about it. Why were you so worried that day? That's so unlike you. You always pushes me away."

"I told you I'm fine Hakyeonie....I was worried if you got caught by sasaeng fans and all that stuff. That's all," Taekwoon explained. "No no no... You're lying. Come on Taekwoon. This is me. I'm your best friend. I'll know when you lie. I will know everything when I look into your eyes." 

I like you Cha Hakyeon. I like you so much, and I've been missing you like crazy; how Taekwoon wish he could say that to Hakyeon. 


Suddenly Taekwoon wraps his arms around Hakyeon, pulling him into a hug. 

"I'm fine Hakyeonie... I just.. I don't want to lose you. I missed you so much when you were gone. I don't know why. I want you to always be my side. Don't ever get away from my sight again. I need you to always be my lifelong friend. I'm sorry for my childish action. I will never push you away again." 

Hakyeon hugged Taekwoon tightly and pats the younger's hair, "It's okay Taekwoonie... I promise I'll always be by your side. I've missed you too when I was away. I missed all of you. You guys are my life." Hakyeon said. 

To Taekwoon, that's all he could say. He couldn't risk his friendship with Hakyeon over his feelings. He doesn't want to be selfish. To say he missed Hakyeon is fair enough. Friends do miss each other. 

"Taekwoon hyung! Come here for a while. Let's practice this song," Ken shouted from the other room. 

"Go." Hakyeon let go of Taekwoon and as he watched the younger walked away, he knew Jung Taekwoon was lying to him, again. But he decided to let that go.  

-- The End --