With Strict Schools and Busy Buses

With Strict Schools and Busy Buses

Youngjae cursed for what felt like the umpteenth time

'Important note for all the students of BangChan High; There will be a new rule indicating that students shall not be allowed to wander around  later than an hour after dismissal..This was requested by our school Director, Mr. Bang Yongguk as a safety precaution due to a  misunderstanding with a fellow student and a Gang lurking around the premises of the City. It was said that the student was caught up on a fight and ended up badly injured. As School Director, Mr. Bang requests all the students to go home immediately after being dismissed. Students spotted wandering around the City alone for no valid reason, or no permission from parents, shall face severe consequences. Thank You and please understand that this rule has been made for your own safety.'

The park was everything to Youngjae, it was quiet and peaceful. No irritating whining from his Younger siblings like there is at home, no frequent, loud yells from his teachers, and no annoying clingy classmates like there are in school

He despised the new rule. The park was the only place he'd gain peace, he'd stay for hours, even when the blue sky had long lost it's blue, even when the moon was awake, and even when the stars were brightly twinkling, he'd still stay there. It was his peace.

But it seems like that had to change from now on.

He cursed his way to the bus terminal but halted as soon as his eyes layed at the park.

"So peaceful..." He murmured

He tried to refrain himself to avoid the temptation but the place was just so serene and harmonious.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay just a few minutes..."

There wasn't necessarily any sign of the threat that he had been warned about in school, so it had been safe to say, it would be okay.

He calmly walked to his favorite spot under the shade of the big old tree where he could soundly settle in under and get the peace that he had longed for.

He laid himself down the ever so green grass, where from his spot, he could see the beautiful orange tinted sky.

as if the wind was singing him a lullaby, he tiredly let out a yawn

"It's been a rough day..."

"I don't think I'd lose anything if I took a short nap... well I've got nothing to lose anyway..."

He reluctantly shifted to a comfortable position before closing his eyes in preparation for 'a short nap' 

"I Love this place..."

~~~~

Moments later, he jolted up from his slumber as soon as seeing the orange sky, no longer orange, but now a dark shade of blue with a side of twinkling stars and a cresent moon to go with it.

"Aish... I slept in.."

He got up from his position and took a quick glance at his wrist watch

"...7:00 pm......."

He was now aware about how long he had been out and it shocked him to know that he was asleep for the last two hours..

He made his way out the park and proceeded his walk to the bus terminal in which he was suppose to go to about 2 hours ago, and now he's praying with all his heart, hoping no teacher or any other student from his school would spot him.  He didn't want to dirty his clean record, No, he didn't. He might have had teachers yelling at him but that's mainly because they were praising him, and to tell truth, he hated it. Sure, recognition is a good thing, but he didn't want to get the attention, all he wanted was peace... So basically, his record was as clean as Do Kyungsoo's dustpan...and he certainly didn't want to dirty it anytime soon..

He quickened his pace going through the terminal and immediately got on the first bus that came to his view

The bus was full, save for the last seat. That seat was meant to occupy two people, but of course, he came alone and he didn't want to give it to some random stranger

So he settled his down then placed his bag on the space beside him, before taking in some air 

He made himself comfortable as he stared outside the window

"I'm such an idiot..." he exclaimed quietly

The bus took off but a couple of minutes later, it settled down and plopped up it's doors open again

Quizzically thinking, Youngjae began to ask why, before finding the answer to his curiousity

There stood a brunette about the same age as he is, by the bus door, panting

"Woah... some hot mess..."

The said boy was strucked with worry on his face, but his expression lit up when he saw Youngjae.. well atleast that's what Youngjae assumed he saw..

The fluffy boy fidgeted to fix himself as soon as he saw the brunette making his way to where he was

Youngjae pretended he wasn't aware of the boy's presence and looked up front

But of course, a hot mess wouldn't approach him for no reason..

"Excuse me... is this seat taken?"

Youngjae looked up to the brunette, attempting to hide his flustered self

"No..not at all.."

He nervously removed his bag from the space right next to him as the brunette quietly sat down and muttered a quick thank you

'well, so much for hogging the seats...' He thought

He looked over to the brunette and found the said boy looking back at him too

Fidget.Fidget.Fidget What else could he do

"Errr...excuse me.. but if you don't mind me asking.. why are you still out so late?.."

Youngjae tensed up upon hearing the question directed at him, albeit the brunette have a melodious voice that he would want to listen to every second, he still wasn't sure if he could just go off telling the guy he slept in by the park..

Better yet.. Why not?

"I...I kinda..slept in by the park.."

The brunette let out a snort as Youngjae's cheeks were now tinted dark pink

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to sound like I'm insulting you, but why would you be sleeping in the park?"

Youngjae lingered in his thought for a proper explanation

"Ughh...You know...cause it's peaceful..."

The brunette's eyes shined with fascination from the little yet sentimental in some way, reason of the other..

"Woah... That's legit....Your's is such an awesome reason..I kinda am still out this late because I had to go around the city buying food.. it's stupid right? "

Youngjae tilted his head in confusion upon seeing not a single edible item the brunette was telling him he bought

"ughhh.. where's the food?.."

The brunette shot a toothy grin to Youngjae which led the younger to enter another level of confusion with a side of intimidation

"I ate it all"

He widdened his eyes in disbelief

"How many did you buy?"

"Hmmnn.. about 3 bowls of Ramen.. Kimchi, tteokbokki, jjampong, buchi, A LOT of CHEESECAKE, some ice cream and a few more stuff.."

With his eyes widely open and glued to the brunette, he dared not utter a single word, for he knew there's a possibility for the brunette to be offended and he did not want that

"You think I'm a fatass do you?"

The brunette asked with a shy smile

"N-No! That's not it..I mean.. I eat as much as that too so...that's really not something I'd make fun about.."

He wans't lying though.. he also ate a ton and he definitely wouldn't make fun of anybody but it was just that he was afraid to have his mouth act before his head and he might accidentally hurt the latter's feelings without even knowing..

"Really? You eat as much too? woah..I guess.. You're not that bad for a guy who sleeps in the park.."

Youngjae let out a chuckle for once

"I'm Daehyun by the way"

"My name's Youngjae.." He manage to speak back

"So Youngjae.. which school do you go to?"

"BangChan High, how about you, Daehyun?"

"Mine's Yonghim Academy.."

"Wait- Yonghim?! That's BangChan's nieghboring school!"

"Oh ..Yeah! wasn't that because the director of my school and the director of your's are married?"

"Yes! Director Bang and ughh-"

"Director Kim"

"So that means you were also warned about the new law?"

"Oh is it the one where you have to go home early? Then Yes.."

"It's such a pain right? I mean if we get caught they said there'll be consequences! I don't wanna be suspended and get sent to CS!"

"Speak of the devil.."
Just as Daehyun said that, the passenger door opened to another stop, some passengers got out and some went in

Youngjae stared in horror as a certain someone came to view

Of all the people in the world it just had to be the school Director..

But he was with someone..someone he didn't know

He felt a tight grip on his left arm, and felt get taken aback when he saw Daehyun gripping his arm tightly with a scared expression on his face

"..It's Director Kim.."

Youngjae leaned near to the latter's ear to whisper

"and he's with Director Bang..."

The two stared at eachother with worry scattered all over their faces

They stiffened and gulped when the Two Directors stood in front of them both with their arms crossed

Youngjae was afraid.. it was because Director Bang knew his name due to the so many awardings the director had handed down to the student.. He wasn't sure if Daehyun's director knew Daehyun but the director had a knowing face on

"Yoo Youngjae"

"Jung Daehyun" 

The two directors said at the same time leading them to look at eachother with confused faces

"Yonggukkie.. you know the student?"

"Ughh..yes..he's Yoo Youngjae, he's from my school.. and you..you know the other one?"

"Jung Daehyun..he's a studen't at my school too..basket ball team captain I think.." 

Youngjae looked at Daehyun amused

'Basketball team captain?..guess you're not that bad for a fatass..'
He thought

"Mr.Yoo, You do know of the new rule right?"

"Y-Yes Director.Bang.."

"And You know there are consequences right? "

Youngjae's stomach churned.. He was afraid..until, an idea strucked him

"W-wait a sec.. the rule stated that only students lurking around the city alone with no valid reason shall have consequences right?, Mr.Bang?"

"Yes, what is your point"

Youngjae debated but he had no other choice..

"I'm not alone.. I'm with Daehyun.. My boyfriend.." 
He mentally punched himself

Daehyun looked at Youngjae in suprise, but at the same time, thankful for the latter's quick intellectual ability that might have saved both of their skins

The two directors gaped in awe

"Is that true? Jung Daehyun?" 
Director Kim asked

"Y-Yes.. You see..me and Youngjae have been dating for 5 months now.. and we just got back from a short date...our parents even approve of us"

"OMO!  They're so cute Gukkie!! I mean a student from your school and a student from my school are Dating, following they're director's steps! That's so romantic!"

The Director, Kim cooed

"Well.. congratulations on your relationship then, Yoo Youngjae and Jung Daehyun-ssi..I guess I won't be giving you a consequence after all.. but just a precaution.. be safe okay?"

"Y-yes Director Bang" The two students said in unison

After the two Directors left to take their seats at the very back, the two students looked at eachother with much ease...but of course, they all too well knew that they both were embarrassed

"Ughh.. Thanks for saving both our skins.." Daehyun began

"No prob..thanks for backing me up.."

"Oh, that was nothing.."

"So...Daehyun..I didn't know you were the basketball team's captain.." Youngjae teased as Daehyun rubbed the back of his head shyly

"Ehhhh..it's nothing to brag about.. how about you? I mean since the Director knows you, you have to have done something right?"

"Ohh..that...it's just from when I win Academic contests, when he hands out the trophy or medal.."

"You must be super smart then!"

"Well...it's nothing to brag about either.."

"Toché..."

After awhile they bid they're directors goodbye when they had reach their stop....

The two continued to chat their way through the ride

and Youngjae hated to admit it, but he actually had fun..Daehyun was super fun to be with.. well atleast hanging out with Daehyun beats being alone, surrounded with a bunch of books that already had memorized contents..

Youngjae never felt so alive

but of course, nothing goes on forever...

The bus stopped on the stop...it was Youngjae's turf

"Ughh...Daehyun...this is my stop.."

"really? That's great! This is my stop too!"

They happily exited the bus together

"So..which block do you live, Youngjae?"

"Block 5..."

"Really?! I can walk you home then.. I live in block 6"

And so with that.. 
Youngjae felt safe with Daehyun's presence.. He didn't feel scared walking home anymore..He felt secured

"So..Daehyun this is where we say good bye..Thanks for walking me home.."

"For now, right?

"huh? Goodbye for now?

"Yes..I mean..if it's okay with you.. We could like hangout sometimes..plus we need to make it look like we really are dating because the directors will kill us if we don't and you know..I just really wanna hang out with you, but of course, only if you wan-"

"I'd Love to."

"Really?"

"Yes.."

"That's awesome! We can even hang out in the park!-"

"Only if we bring a lot of food!"

"hahaha Yes! And then I can walk you home again!"

"It sounds great... I'll look forward to it.."

"So I guess this is goodbye for now?"

"Goodbye for now and Thank you, Daehyun"

Just as Daehyun turned around ready to go ahead

Youngjae quickly pulled his hand and place a quick peck on the cheek before running inside his house.

Daehyun stood there alone , shocked and blushing, but he chuckled it away anyway, before going on his journey back to his own home

~~~~~~~~~

After that day, they'd always hang out everyday and Youngjae never had to go to the park alone ever again..