Chapter 3 Cute aegyos

Meeting Mr. Serendipity

-‘I really should have stayed at home’-

In front of my eyes I could only wonder how old that deteriorated flat could be. I searched for the correct apartment on the right side of this little building unsuited for his personality. Then I walked up the old unstable metal stairs while its chirp gave me the feeling I would fall any time. In the second and highest floor, I stopped in front of a wooden door whose hinges appeared to be really rusty.

Among all my thoughts, only the desire to have mistaken the street address stood out.

-‘You should be an assistant and help me out with all my duties’- I reached his forehead wondering if it is injured due to the fall - ‘....What are you doing?’-

-‘Checking if your head isn't injured’ - Ah ! Maybe he is joking. I should get used to his stupid sense of humor.

-‘I am saying this seriously’ - Crap. If we were in a contest of who looks more serious, he would definitely win this time. This is no joke.- ‘If you don't know, hiring an assistant is more expensive than you thought’

-‘Donghyun sshi’- I said calmly-‘How can I do that?, We are not in those juvenile novels in which this kind of situations happen a lot. I have to work at aunt's shop, her opinion is more important’ - I don't need a god to help me in these ridiculous circumstances. I am sure she won't allow it. She doesn't even like me hanging out with my friends.

….

-‘Of course, you should take responsibility!’-

-‘Uncle Don’t tell me you agree with this too?!’- That old man sighed and thought for a second in his Samurai expression which gives me some hope.

-‘I don't really like the idea but a writer's hand is his most precious thing apart from his creative, that's why you should do that as a sign of gratitude for having helped you’- Aishh this two....he could be a ert or a psychopath...but you just accept the idea without thinking two times. If I appeared in the news as a girl who was brutally murdered, it won't be my fault.

-'Instead of working here at the café, you will be going to Donghyun goon's studio, furthermore, at this time there aren't many clients' - Donghyun ssi behind me, just gave me a fake gentle smile.

-'So Minhee-ah, tomorrow you can start helping me with my new novel. I have my deadline soon so I count on you'- I only frowned at his hypocritical smirk.

A high school girl in a flat which belongs to a man near his thirties...the two alone..."What could go wrong?"....

The bell could be heard after I rang it. I remained awhile hiding my breaths in my red scarf and warming my hands inside the pockets of my beige coat . The expectation of a stranger appearing just to tell me that he or she doesn't know someone called Donghyun crumbled when the troublesome ahjussi opened the door kind of grinning.

- ‘Minhee-ah. Just in time.’ - He seemed a bit different...Maybe his loosen shirt and black trousers are not giving me that handsome impression. - ‘Enter’ - I bowed while taking off my shoes after clicking the door behind me.- ‘I see you are wearing your uniform’- I wan's capable of answering due to the shock. One word isn't enough to describe the first impression his flat gave me.  My eyes haven't opened so much in amazed since that day when my two bestfriend told me they were going out for 4 months already without telling me (It wasn't the fact they did not tell me that made me feel surprised, on the contrary, they apologized thinking that I hadn't noticed such a terrible act), In this kind of times, I look like a western.

When you see his face, you would totally imagine an unnecessary big condo, a modern car and a classic and clean studio, not a gloomy breeding ground for rats .

-‘Well, my notebook is in there, what about starting working?’- His thumb was pointing a little room behind him while his face showed me a enthusiastic expression.

-‘You are joking, right? That thing in your little kitchen seems like a combination of puke and ’- I grimaced taking my coat and scarf- ‘And it smells like that’- He looked the surroundings wondering if I was right.

-‘Then shall we clean?’-Isn’t the answer pretty obvious?

.

.

.

Tiny sweat drops drip from my forehead to my chin as I take sharp breathes. One hour. It took me one hour to throw all the trash, organize the books, clean all the place and deal with that unknown thing in the kitchen, just to notice how cozy was Donghyun-sshi's studio. A picturesque kitchen next to the living room, the bathroom on the right and then a room which I suppose is the place in where he works. These type of narrow households can not hide dirt.

-‘Minhee-ah sorry for all the trouble,’- His tone is still not apologetic at all-’You did a good job’- He rewarded me with a pat as if i were a child or a dog.

-‘You're welcome,’- I slapped his hand- ‘Thank you for not doing anything’- He just showed me his hand to emphasize what the doctor said. I glared him. -Ahjussi’-

-‘Aigoo, “Ahjussi” sounds too old. Call me “oppa” making a cute aegyo like this’-

. . .

-‘Ahjusshi, Can we go to work in you new novel?'- My schedule can't stand more time wasted - ‘And I don't do aegyos’-

-'Alright, just come here'- I hear him puffing when he turns to walk into the other room. This part of the house was the only one that didn’t demand my magic to be clean fortunately. He turns on the laptop and then he turns his face towards me- 'I need you to read chapter 4 and correct the mistakes'- Quite easy. I just sit down while Donghyun ssi disappears to the living room perhaps to read something. Before I could ask him which folder I should open, he yells out all the instructions.

I click the file 'No title', and the novel which seemed almost perfect written popped out. Peeking my hand rolling the mouse time in time, I noticed the shortage of red underlined words. I tried to focused in my task but as I read more, the word caught me and made me feel lost in that fictional world. Sometimes people as bothersome as Donghyun ssi can create fascinating wonders.

-'Hey, are you finished?'- His breath near my ear and his unpredictable presence startled me. I couldn’t help but stare his face sideway. - ‘Why are you looking at me so attentive- My sudden impulses like taking  Donghyun-ssi’s face with both hands right now, are one of my most troublesome defects .-’Huh?’- My surprised action and exclamation dumbfounded him.

-’Donghyun-ssi! Those glasses suits you amazingly!’- I can’t help it. I have kind of an obsession with people whose face were born to be four eyes. -’You should wear those all the time’- This passionated but serious tone of mine is apparently really hilarious as his laugh has surpassed the normal volume.

-’I don’t use them apart from reading’- He still cannot return to normality - ‘But if it is for you I would consider wearing it outside too’- From the acceptable distance he moved back while laughing, all of a sudden his face returned to be a few inches from mine.

I poke his cheek with my finger, in order to push him slightly claiming my personal space. - ‘To be honest, you look really good right now, but maybe your normal style is the best one ’- He inches away while showing a minuscule smirk almost imperceptible for those who don’t pay attention

-’Minhee-ah, Should we go out?’-

-'Huh? What do you mean?'-

-'A writer needs inspiration, and going outside is the best option, don't you think so?'- I give up, this man can surprise me any time.-’Humans need fresh air sometimes’- Well, his surroundings haven't been exactly healthy.

-'You can go by yourself. You need a hand-guard too?'- My shoulder slumped.

-'I will need you to carry my things'- His childish grumble makes me pity her future wife who will have to endure this -'Come on, I will buy something for you!'- That poor aegyo again and my resigned sigh are proof of our contrasting personalities

-’We have to return before dawn’-I am not sure why, but his excitement somehow involves me too. I just huffed after grabbing  my clothing for the cold and went straight to the door glancing over my shoulder to see his smirk.

-‘Minhee, Are you going to wear your uniform?’- My hand remains in the latch of the still closed door.

-‘Yes, Why?’- He just giggled as if he were planning something mischievous...

Where is he planning to go and What does my uniform have to do with that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Please look foward to the next chapter...hehe