Final

Lost Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siwon was equal to a God.

He ruled the high school and its teenage masses.

Boys bowed down to his superiority and Girls threw themselves at him.

Being rich, famous, handsome, smart, and according to him, flawless, he’d bask in the attention he was showered with. He received so much, he didn’t care about others. Once he was tired of a face, he’d move away from them. Males were like inferior minions. Females were like used tissue- he’d throw them once he’s done.

Being the way he is, he developed some hobbies. One of them was to receive love confessions, lead the girl on and then dump her cruelly.

That was also why he can’t hide the smirk when the school’s outcast confessed to him.

“Siwon-ssi, I really like you.”

Kim Jaejoong knew his habit. She knew he’d keep her around him for seven days-make her subservient to his whims for 6 days, sleep with her on the seventh and the eight day she would be just another conquest of Choi Siwon.

But even this pretty bookworm couldn’t resist the magnificence that is Choi Siwon.

So she confessed, but she requested him that she can’t take the physical intimacy step so soon. So Siwon got interested and took it up as a challenge.

He’ll date this nerd and whether she likes it or not, she will be in his bed one way or another. And after that she’ll be one of his trophies, though he has to admit he’s had better trophies.

It went on for a week but come Day 7, Jaejoong managed to evade Siwon’s advances. Other than light touches, Siwon could hardly go to second base with Jaejoong. They hadn’t even kissed for crying out loud.

But Siwon being the stubborn guy he was wasn’t going to back down. He just needed some time to crack her. Days passed and Siwon stuck with the nerd to get what he wanted, but over time that goal started to obscure.

He began to get used to Jaejoong’s kindness. The way she used to make a copy of all the notes for him saying “writing it twice makes me remember them better.” She always waited for him with a towel and bottle of water after his basketball practice. She would make lunch for him and his friends but when he realised how delicious her cooking was he wouldn’t let her make anything for his friends.

Was that being possessive? Siwon doesn’t want to think about it now.

Before he knew, Jaejoong had lasted a month. This time also enabled Siwon to learn more about her along with the realisation that he never really took the time to enquire about anyone.

He learnt that Jaejoong got the penchant for reading from the access she has to her late parents’ reading collection. Jaejoong is a good cook because her sister Hyori used to work to support them and Jaejoong ensured she fed her sister well. She got the scholarship to the school because of her sister’s husband who according to Jaejoong is the kindest man ever. Jaejoong wants to study literature and history but she also draws and plays music for which she has joined the respective clubs. Her dream is to be a homemaker and have a family.   

The last part made Siwon iffy. She just blurted that out over lunch and ran away making Siwon uncomfortable. This would explain why she’s not ready for . That, however, was the last thing on his mind. He doesn’t know why, but he felt….conflicted?

He doesn’t understand what to do. He’s kept her longer than any other girl, but he somehow can’t bring himself to force or even gently coax her into doing it.

He didn’t think he would jump into a hasty decision under peer pressure.

“hey Siwon, hasn’t the bookworm been around too much?” one of his team mates who Siwon doesn’t know his name asks.

“she’s not like the other girls.” Siwon merely says and his friends start to murmur.

“Heh! Looks like the Almighty Choi Siwon has lost his game.” That did it for Siwon.

Hours later he was returning to class and he bumped into a frantic Jaejoong. she looked like a mess with her books spilling out of her bag and music sheets in one hand and her phone in the other.

“Sorry! I’m in a hurry.” Jaejoong said instinctively.

“It’s the middle of school hours. Where’re you going?” Siwon asked hoping to get a few minutes alone with her.

“I have to go. I can’t wait.”

“We have to talk.”

“you can  come along. But I can’t wait.”

“No Jaejoong!” Jaejoong was startled when he raised his voice.  “We’re not going anywhere. You're behaving like a bashful and it’s simply tiresome. I have no use for a girl other than a warm body in bed and unless you don’t want to be one than forget about ‘us’.”

Jaejoong walked away.

Siwon didn’t regret it until the next day……when Jaejoong didn’t come.

He waited for days. He even had his place swapped with Jaejoong’s desk partner so when she comes he can apologize right away. But Jaejoong didn’t show up for a week now.

He felt her absence now that he had nothing to do. Basketball practice was suspended for final exams. He didn’t have any clubs and somehow he lost interest in friends and girls.

He stayed at home more, skipping extra classes under the guise of studying. But really, it was just an excuse to keep his mind occupied.

It was 10 days since he saw Jaejoong and was cooped up at home. His father wanted him to go out so he dragged him to a funeral (Siwon wondered what kind of outing this is).

In his self-moping, Siwon had missed the biggest news of the country. South Korea’s biggest business tycoon, Jung Jihoon had died. He and his wife had met with a car accident. Doctors put his wife on ventilator when she went brain dead on the operating table. He was in critical condition with recovery subject to some surgeries. Now Jung Jihoon was famous for his love besides his successful ventures. He has helped his wife’s family ever since they married along with playing the role of a parent for his own brother. He recently had a child too and his brother and sister-in-law were the famous godparents. So much he loved his wife, when she flat-lined, his soul gave up in between surgery. Both died a minute apart.

Siwon’s father was the CEO of one of his many companies and now he was accompanying him to the wake of the deceased couple.   

He wasn’t all that interested so he decided he’d just pay his respects and leave. It was until his eyes fell on a person he knew.

Jaejoong, dressed in black, stood beside the pictures of the couple. Every person went to her and exchanged a few words before giving her a comforting smile and repeating the same to the tall man beside her.

Siwon had this ominous feeling so he asked his father the name of the deceased woman.

“Jung Hyori.”

Siwon felt like someone pulled the earth beneath his feet. It coincided, the news of the accident and the last time he saw Jaejoong. Her absence and the hospital stay of the couple. He felt like the lowest vermin treating Jaejoong like that. He basically gave her the option of being a while sister was dying. She was actually being gracious by simply walking away.

He knew he wanted to apologize more than before now and make things right between them. Siwon patiently waited his turn to go up to Jaejoong. He was two people away now, but as luck would have it a shrill cry came and the tall man whispered something to Jaejoong. She nodded and ran out to the garden from the ball room of that mansion.

From the window, Siwon could see Jaejoong hold a white bundle. It has to be a baby considering the small head and tiny hand peeking out of the bundle. Jaejoong raised the baby up in the air and blew raspberries on its belly. If she looked solemn before than the baby made her smile the brightest Siwon has seen. Siwon now understood why Jaejoong loved domesticity. It was quite becoming of her.

So lost was  he, Siwon didn’t realise he was now standing in front of a very tall good-looking man.

“Um…hello?” Siwon was snapped from his staring when the bass voice spoke. He coughed to cover his embarrassment but for the life of him, couldn’t say a sentence.

“hello Yunho-yah!” Siwon was grateful for his father now.

“Dongwook-ssi, thank you for coming.” The man named Yunho turned to Siwon, “is this your son?”

“yes, he is. Siwon is actually Jaejoong’s classmate. Siwon, this is Jung Yunho, Jung Jihoon’s brother.” Siwon’s father introduced them and the two talked while Siwon observed this man.

He couldn’t help but admit that Jung Yunho looked impressive. His countenance screamed power yet he was gentle. From what he knew, Yunho is not much older. He’s a freshman in the top business course-offering university of the country. Siwon actually felt happy that he wasn’t in the same year. Though Siwon is about to graduate and he’s all set to go to the same college as Yunho, he’s afraid of losing his popularity if he was in the same year as Yunho.

Jung Yunho was every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter