Chapter One

Let's find out?

The night before the wedding, the two of them were just sitting around on the couch in the living room. They each had a can of beer in their hands, the television was switched on but neither was really watching it. A pot of half-eaten ramyun was on the table. The noodles were already soggy and cold. It wasn’t going to be finished. This was his idea of a bachelor party. Just him, and the friend who was the most important to him. He didn’t need a crowd, he didn’t need to be at a club. He didn’t need all of those. All he needed was that special friend, because after tomorrow, he would really belong to someone else. Because after tomorrow, their party of two was likely to become a party of three.

“How does it feel? You’ve been wanting to get married for so long. It’s finally happening.” The voice was deep but gentle. It was a voice which had eased the butterflies and nervousness he was feeling, it was a voice that calmed his turning stomach.

A bright smile formed on his face, his eyes lighting up, and expression a mix of excitement and nervousness, and of course, bliss. “It feels weird, but I’m so excited. It’s like…I never thought it would really happen.” The excitement in his voice could clearly be heard, even if he spoke in that mumble he always had. He looked like a child who was getting ready for his first day of school, excited and nervous.

“I’m so happy for you, Jongsuk. Have a blissful marriage. And in case you need me, you know I’m always just a phone call away.”

“I know. Thank you, Woobin. I know, you are always going to be here.”

“After tomorrow, you’re really going to belong to someone else. Aish, the thought of having to borrow you is annoying,” Woobin sighed dramatically, but his smile was still plastered on his face. He was genuinely happy for his friend.

He laughed, leaning back in his couch and snuggling closer to the side of his friend, taking a sip from his beer can.

“You’re not going to have to borrow me. If it is you, she will understand,” he quipped.

“You sure she won’t be jealous?”

“I am. I know that she won’t, which is why I know she’s the right one. I can’t be with anyone who will be jealous of you.”

Woobin nodded, taking a sip of his drink, looking blankly at the wall as if he was recalling something. He couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle.

“What are you thinking about?” Jongsuk looked up at the other male, curious.

“Remember how people thought we were dating? Now that we think about it, it’s funny.”

He nodded, himself breaking into a small chuckle. “Ah yes, those were the times…It’s all because of your skinship, tsk. But honestly, I did think about what it would have been like if we really were.”

Woobin’s eyes widened, slightly surprised, and playfully nudged the other, who was leaning on his side. “Yah, who is the one with crazy skinship. But…are you for real?!”

Jongsuk nodded. He knew he could just say it, he knew that they were both beyond that point and that there wouldn’t be any awkwardness between the both of them, even if he said what he did. “Mmhmm, I am. I mean….the way people were saying it made me wonder if I really did like you.”

“And did you?”

He shrugs. “Who knows? Maybe I did. I never found out.”

Woobin laughed, lightly hitting his beer can against Jongsuk’s, finishing up the little alcohol that was left in his can before reaching out to open another one. “I didn’t dare finding out either.”

“Oh? That means you thought about it too?”

Woobin just laughed it off, without answering. Of course he did. They both did, they both wondered. But all of that was in the past. Right now, Jongsuk was going to be happily married the next day, and they both knew that the person he was going to marry was the right one for him. Jongsuk did love her and she could take care of him the way he needed it. He was sure she was the one he would want to spend the rest of his life with, even if they hadn’t been together for long – Jongsuk really just wanted to get married as soon as he can. Woobin had seen and observed the progress of their relationship and had been giving Jongsuk loads of advice along the way, and even though he thought it could have been a little rushed, he was genuinely happy for them. He even made them promise that he’ll be the godfather of their child.

Jongsuk looked up curiously, a playful smile appeared on his face. “Why don’t we try?”

“Huh? Try what?” Woobin looked confused, his eyes squinting at Jongsuk, knowing that he was up to no good.

“Try finding out how it would be like.”

“How?”

Jongsuk puckered his lips. “Kiss.”

Woobin snorted. ‘You crazy?”

Jongsuk shrugged and looked innocently at Woobin. “Why not? I mean, isn’t it interesting to find out?”

Woobin rolled his eyes, grinning. He knew they weren’t going to find out anything from that, and even if they did, the result wouldn’t change anything. Because that phase was long over for the both of them. He just flicked his fingers at Jongsuk’s forehead, shaking his head.

“Yaahhh, let’s just try. I can’t try anything like that after tomorrow!” Jongsuk whined and tugged on Woobin’s sleeves.

Woobin shook his head, laughing. He knew Jongsuk wasn’t going to just leave it, especially not when he had drunk a little alcohol. “Fine.”

They turned their heads, trying to hold back a laughter as they crashed their lips together for a moment. They both pulled away almost instantly, breaking out in a laughter and gave each other a look of understanding.

“WEIRD!” They both exclaimed at the same time, shaking their head.

“This is why we are not marrying each other~!”

Jongsuk rolled his eyes, still laughing as he leaned back, relaxing and just enjoying the company of his best buddy. Nothing more.