In between sleep and wakefulness

Babe, I love you, too!

He carried you to the bedroom as you slept on. You hugged two pillows to yourself almost immediately. He always found it funny for it was a sif your life depended on it. He hugged you from behind, placing his arms over yours. You intertwined your fingers with his.

"I love you, too, babe," you said.

He must have thought you were talking in your sleep but you squeezed his hand tighter. He buried his face in the space between your head and the pillows.

"Thank you for putting up with my childishness. Thank you for all this time you stayed with me and did your best to keep us together. Thank you for everything."

You wiped your tears with your free hand. You turned to face him. He was crying.

"I made you cry, oh my, I'm sorry!" You quickly wiped the tears from his face.

"No, it's fine."

He traced the features of your face. He wanted to keep them in his memory. He traced your forehead, your cheeks, your nose, and then your chin. Then he went back to your forehead. He touched your eyelids carefully. He was ad at the dark circles under your eyes due to school and such. After he was done with the lines and curves of your face, he moved to your lips. He knew you were falling asleep soon, so he hugged you tighter and brushed his lips against yours. You stirred slightly but you didn't wake up. He pressed harder against your lips. You were trapped in between falling asleep or letting him kiss you. 

You chose the first option.

"Thank you, I love you," he said as he felt you fall asleep completely.

***

After a few hours, you woke up and streched out. He was the one hugging the pillows this time. You smiled at the sight. You kissed him on the forehead before you went to the kitchen. You weren't that much of a cook but you made pretty good soup. 

You've heard him coughing a bit last week and just this morning his allergies acted up. You proceeded to cut up the meat and the vegetables. You heated up the water and waited for a few minutes. You mixed in everything and soon you were lost in your chore.

You didn't even notice him get up and out of the room. He saw you cooking and he was touched at the gesture of you making soup. So he stood in front of the stove, leaned forward, and kissed you all of a sudden.

"You! What is iit with you and sneaking up and kissing people?" You said with a laugh. You rolled your eyes at him as you prepared the bowl and utensils.

"I only do it to you, babe," he said with a smile.

You kissed him back, sending a blush to his cheeks. 

"Blushing, are we?"

"Am not!"

"Are too!" You pinched his cheeks as you said so. "So cute! Now go sit at the table and I'll feed you soup. Go, shoo," you waved him away with your arms.

Like a little boy, he sat down at the table and waited. You put down the tray with the soup, medicine, water, and spoon. When he saw the medicines he made a face. You knew that face.

"Now now, I heard you sneeze loudly when you woke up. When did you last drink your anti-allergy medicines?"

"Last week."

"See? You should take it everyday to be sure."

"It'll be an overdose."

"Aish, no. It is not. This is the minimal dosage for you. Remember? Besides, it's you who's exposed to all the things you're allergic too everyday, right?"

You picked up the bowl and the spoon and started feeding him. He finished quickly and you started opening the medicine. He made another face.

"Fine, don't drink it. if you come home looking like a reindeer don't blame me." You crossed your arms.

He sighed in defeat. He held out his hand and you put the capsule on it. He reached for the water, put the capsule in his mouth, swallowed and gulped down the water. You clapped lightly.

"There's a good boy."

"I want a reward."

"Eh? Why?"

"Because I'm a good boy!" He used his aegyo voice and he knew he could win you over.

"And what's that reward?"

"I want a hug!"

You laughed again. He was so cute. You stood up from across the table, walked over to him, and hugged him. He hugged you back tightly.

"Thank you for taking care of me." He said.

"You're welcome."

"Babe, I love you."

"Babe, I love you, too."

You bent down and kissed him making sure his allergies let him rest for today. And assuring him of your love.