III. Dance to Purple Rain

Purple Rain

His brown orbs were just very wide, piercing me through my soul. His mouth was slightly open, forming perfect round O.

I looked down, releasing my grip from his wrist. I swallowed really hard. It was not lump anymore in my throat, it was a big chunk coral. I wanted to say many things, like how great he was for me, how actually he was everything for me. I wanted to say that it hurt me that I knew he was in love with someone else, not me. I wanted to say that I wanted him to be mine, that he had to be with me.

But my mouth was just locked. Nothing came out and I felt like burying myself in front of him.

"I.... I...."

It was as if my tongue was tied with invisible thread, leaving me nothing but stuttering.

And there was a touch on my cheek, warm, soft, relieving.

"Is that true?"

I looked away, dying.

"Ando-yah, please look at me."

His hand rubbed my chin, forcing me to connect our gaze together. He was smiling, brightly like a pair of shining stars, captivating me inside.

"Do you love me?"

I nodded.

"I do."

And it was my turn to have round, wide eyes as a pair of soft lips touched mine. It was warm, minty as it brushed along the sensitive lines of my skin there. My chest was like exploding with each heartbeat thudding inside. My breath hitched, I was feeling blast in my stomach as well. It was almost torturing, but every second that passed with the kiss was just alluring, perfect. The kiss was ethereal, inducing me with ecstasy, transporting me into oblivion.

I was groaning inside when we finally parted away, not wanting to get away.

"I have been waiting for you to finally say that. I just thought that I would never stand a chance to have you as my friend, let alone fall in love with me. But I was correct, all along, that you are the love of my life."

Smile finally flashed on my face.

"I have fallen for you since the first moment I saw you."

He sat beside me, squeezing my hand as he tilted his head, eyes shining brightly and creasing like a pair of crescent moon.

"Ando-yah, would you be my boyfriend?"

I gave him a loosided smile, head a bit dizzy.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that question?"

"Argh!" he groaned. "Just answer it please?"

"Only if you kiss me once again."

"What! You ert!"

He was trying to hit my arms, but I was faster to pull him into a hug. I crashed my lips into his. Smile was hanging on there as both of us panted, foreheads touching each other.

"I do, Myeonnie. I do."

 

 

“I like Pirates of the Carribean, but I think Avatar is way better.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Jack Sparrow and Will Turner are the greatest heroes in history. Besides, Avatar is kinda weird, don’t you think? I still feel hard to imagine that humans will go to another planets and do mining there.”

“It’s called futuristic film, Myeonnie. And it is likely to happen, not now, but maybe fifty, a hundred years from now. It shows us great prediction about the future. Unlike your movie, they are fictional, fantasy. It makes you weird.”

Joonmyeon rolled his eyes, lips forming a degrading smirk.

“You and your obsession of the so-called futuristic films.”

“Hey, I didn’t start by saying my favorite film weird.”

He pouted. Scratching his chin, he tilted his head.

“Worry about your own fortunes, gentlemen. The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers.”  

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

“Another line from the movie? Great. I dated a movie freak.”

“If that man is weird, strange just as you said before, who watches too much crappy movie and gets fascinated too much with irregular stuff,then why did you date him at the first place?” he frowned. The playfulness that jumped in his eyes before vanished, leaving him curious and offended at the same time. “Hmm?”

I pouted my lips, acting as if I was thinking while crossing my arms on my chest.

“Well, that man, albeit weird, is very cute and nice. He has been very good to me since my first days here in a foreign country I was a bit scared of initially. He has been one of my best friends in this place and, I don’t know, everything about him is just very alluring. I don’t know which one is the most attractive ones, his kindness or his weirdness, but I have fallen too deep for him. I accept him all his ways. He warms my heart and makes me understand how beautiful love is just by staying with him.”

He was stunned, losing words as his gaze was fixing at me.

“Satisfied?”

Smack!

“Ouch!” I rubbed my arms. “What was that for?”

“That was for telling my favorite move weird,” he smirked. And then he kissed me, full, passionate until I lost my breath.

“And this is for telling me god things about me.”

I was starstruck, which happened all the time after he kissed me. I blinked, still trying to regain my consciousness when suddenly a sudden flash was emitted, followed by a blast in the sky. There was one of the most intense lightning and thunder I had ever seen in my life. At the same moment, I realized that Joonmyeon had been running from me, laughing as he dashed to the middle of the park.

“Joonmyeon? What are you doing?” my consciousness returned as worry engulfed me."Hey, what are you doing?! Get back! There was lightning! It’s dangerous!”

My screamed proved nothing but a boost for his playfulness. I gritted my teeth and quickly ran to him. I was a runner in my high school and I still hadn’t lost my skill. I arrived at his place and yanked his body, rather hard.

“Are you insane!” I almost screamed. “You could have been struck by lightning! You could have died!”

“Relax, Ando. I knew there was a lightning already. It was you that was really in danger since you stood next to a big tree. The lightning could have struck the tree and electrocuted you.”

My jaws still clenched. I was still deeply worried about him.

“That doesn’t matter. Let’s go home. We have to get back quick before it starts raining.”

I pulled his arm but he resisted.

“I wanna stay.”

“Stay your ! It will be raining soon and thunders and lightnings are still up there. We shouldn’t be here.”

“You know, you look much more extremely handsome when you are upset like that, Ando.”

“Kim Joonmyeon! This is not a game. Let’s go home soon!”

"Have you put your electronic devices and precious belongings inside a triple sealed plastic bag?"

“What?”

He took something from his bag and I saw my cellphone there along with my wallet inside a plastic bag. It made my jaw dropped.

"I have saved your things,we are cool now.”

“But, Joonmyeon! Come on! We have to go, we will be drenching wet."

He ran again to more to the center of the park to my horror.

"Joonmyeon! Come back! The lightning will struck you!"

He smiled, giggling.

"It's not cumulonimbus anymore up there, Ando. Relax! Come on! Join me! It's fun!"

I looked up to the sky and had to admit he was true. It was plain greyish there, almost white, like the dome of a shaken snowball. There was no single trace of lightning or thunder there any longer, but I felt like I would be dying each second I passed under this weather.

"Joonmyeon, please...."

Joonmyeon raised his brows and returned to me. I sighed in relief and ready to leave, but my wrist was caught and all a sudden I was pulled into a hug. A moment later a pair of lips crushed into mine.

I couldn't think of any other thing right now.

I groaned when those lips parted away. Opening my eyes, Joonmyeon was looking at me fondly.

"Joo... Joon...."

"It's a nice thing to dance in this kind of weather, don't you think?"

"Bu... but...."

"Aliando," he said my name smoothly, correctly. "Would you have a dance with me?"

I opened my mouth, but that pair of lips pressed themselves against mine again. The ecstacy was drowning me again until the lips disappeared.

"Just once. It has been my dream to dance in the rain with you? Would you be my man and dance with me?”

I bit my lips.

“If we both are sick, you will pay for this.”

I felt like kicking my own for giving up the idea of our safety once he chuckled. He laid his head on my shoulder and clung his arms around my neck. I put my hands on his back and, following his guidance, started moving back and forth. Again, I wanted to hit my own head, but I started feeling really nice when we both rocked in our steps. Rain poured down a moment later and we both were beginning to drench.

Just after a minute or so moving around our initial spot, there was a very beautiful voice gliding from Joonmyeon’s throat, penetrating my ears like a siren song.

 

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe

When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you...

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wond'ring what's my purpose
Wond'ring how to make me strong

I know I will falter I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to you

 

/,"/ /,"/ /,"/ /,"/ /,"/

 


February 15, 2014

 

Ando and Joonmyeon. If only they were true. I don't even know if they know each other in real life. Anyway, someone will appear next chapter. He is not from EXO, yeah. He looks like a Japanese actor and I just found huge crush on him lately. He is from ****.

Keep guessing, :D.

 

Schandelierre