Heart: 001

Heart Like Yours

He woke up from the sound of a distant voice shouting his name. Oh boy, here it comes. He thought as he scratched his nape and put his earphones in his ears. It’s always like that. It’s like her routine in school, calling his name and bugging him with her likes and dislikes of her crush. 

Ah, women. He thought as he slumped back to his desk. It pissed him, how she would smile and blushed like an idiot. And no, he’s not jealous. It’s not even in his mind that he would like such a girl who would go crazy over a boy. It’s not like him to fall in love with someone. Well, he fell in love but that was back then, when he felt pain and its different now.

‘Daehyun-ah, wakey wakey!’ She shouted as she sat in front his desk and poked his nape.

He did not even make a single movement. Oh come on, I’m sleeping can’t you see? He thought.

‘Daehyun-ah!’ She called as she removed his earphones. ‘Wake up you sleeping alien rabbit!’ She shouted right through his left ear making him jolt up.

‘Agh! What?!’ He shouted. Eyes half open.

‘I saw him!’ She said happily. Ah, her crush. He thought.

‘So you saw him and you’re going to say that he’s so handsome and what-so-ever, blah-blah-blah. Hey Lia, your smart and I know you can understand this,’ He said as he leaned closer to her.

‘Not being rude but stop bothering me with your all squealing about your crush. It’s irritating, annoying. I’m tired. I want to sleep. Bye.’ He uttered, stood up and walked away the room.

Dude that was not being rude, that was very rude of you. He thought as he wandered aimlessly around the hallway. It’s always like this. It’s tiring for him, hearing someone talking about love, like, crush and whatever words that are related to love. He is over about love, really, really over.

Love is all about chasing someone. It’s tiring, a pain in peoples' minds. He thought.

‘Woah, I can be an anti-love guru.’ He said, laughing, not caring about those students who were looking at him.

‘Dude you’re crazy.’ Someone said, enclosing Daehyun with his arms.

‘Oh. Hi there fatty Youngjae. It’s you.’ He said and nudged his friend with his elbow.

‘Stop with the ‘fatty’ Mr. Jung Daehyun. I’m no fat. And what’s with that anti-love guru thing?’ Youngjae asked.

‘It’s no-‘

‘Oh! Wait, let me guess,’ Youngjae said, cutting Daehyun with whatever he’s going to say. ‘You’re thinking about how love is a pain of our own minds? Am I right?’ He asked.

Daehyun didn’t answer. Well, it’s true right? Loving someone can be so tiring and painful.

‘Hey, get over with it dude. That was like ten years ago and you’re just a kid with your hormones getting hyped with that woman who’s older than you and who didn’t even love you and you didn’t even really know what love is and how to spell it back then.’ Youngjae said as he hit the other lad in its back.

‘And let me tell you this, damn you Jung Daehyun, blame your hypothalamus for making you feel something for that old woman. You’re wasting your young adulthood stage. You’re already twenty years old! Get a damn love life!’ Youngjae yelled, leaving his friend dumbfounded.

Get a damn love life? No way. Not in my whole life. He thought.


‘You know what Jung Daehyun? You’re going to get old without anyone beside you and that will be very lonely for you.’  She said.

She had been bugging him since morning with all-about her crush. And now she’s bugging him about him not getting to fall in love with someone. 

As usual, she's doing her daily routine. He thought as he slumped back in his chair.

‘Hey, are you even listening Jung Daehyun?’ She asked as she flicked her fingers in his forehead.

‘Dude that hurt.’ Daehyun said, while rubbing his forehead with the back of his hand.

 ‘And, Lia, I wouldn’t care if I grow old without someone beside me. If it’s like that because I want it to be like that then so be it.’ He said.

‘Dude, I hate you.’ Lia said, crossing her arms and glaring at the lad in-front her.

‘We have the same feelings! I hate you too.’ He said, leaning closer to the girl and poked her forehead.

‘Ugh. You’re the worst Jung Daehyun!’ She shouted while flailing her hands as she walked back to her desk.

‘Oh yes, I am.’ He replied.

Cold-hearted jerk! I don’t even know how could, a heart like mine could love someone like you. She thought.

Yes, she’s been in love with Jung Daehyun, who had been known as the most cold-hearted jerk by the students in their campus. She’s been in love with him since she saw him playing a guitar and singing her most favorite song, Heart like Yours by Willamette Stone. (Willamette Stone, originally Shooting Star, is not really a band but a band from the movie-slash-book, If I Stay by Gayle Forman.)

She remembered how he strummed the strings of the guitar and sang the song with all his feelings. Damn, it is good, mesmerizing, and warm. And that’s when she finally realized that she fell for him. Fast, right? Blame it on our hypothalamus and our rapid beating of our hearts.  And she is a fool for falling for that guy who cannot really reciprocate her love for him.

Dude, he was only just singing! Why did I fell for him?! I should stop my daydreaming about him. And actually, it’s not really good for me, for my heart. She thought, covering her face and tears started to make its way down her face. 

‘But I love him.’ She whispered as she silently cried.


A/N: So another story from yours truly, littlemisspot. And again, it's a story about Daehyun but the woman is now different. Lol. So yeah, there are grammar errors, I'm sorry. And also, sorry if this chapter is short. And also I have decided that this will be a one-shot story but I changed my mind. So yeah, wait for some updates ;)