The Worst Table

WONKYU DRABBLES

“I’m sorry, sir but there is no table for you tonight.” The employee behind the front desk said to Siwon apologetically.

“Why? I can see some empty tables from here”, Siwon was frustrated while pointing his finger to the said table.

“Well, you see. They are tables for two and since tonight is Valentine’s Day, the demand for couple tables is the highest and my manager has specifically told us we were not supposed to give away couple tables to individuals”.

Siwon’s face turned sour. Was it not enough that he just got dumped on Valentine’s Day? Now that he just wished to treat himself with a nice meal at the most expensive restaurant in town, he was not capable to? Why was the Lord doing this to him? Thinking his plan to stuff himself with delicious food to forget about his crappy love life was ruined, Siwon was about to turn around and leave. Out of nowhere, a stranger who was right behind him in the line came up next to him and held his arm slightly to keep him in place.

“Oh but we are together. So please hurry up and get us a table”, the stranger said.

The employee narrowed his eyes, fully aware of this spontaneous scheme. However, he could not do anything because of the previous he had said and it would be impeccably rude of him to question the customers’ relationship validation.

He had no choice but to give them a table. Knowing he was being tricked, the employee picked the worst table in the restaurant.

After sitting down, Siwon finally notice their table was the one next to the kitchen door through which the staff kept in going in and out and they could hear the non-stop shouting and clattering noise from the kitchen. Yet, Siwon didn’t seem to care about that for his mind was over fascinated with the attractive stranger who had helped him to get some decent dinner tonight.

 It was a fair looking young man dressed in a branded dark blue sweater and black jeans. His hair was the color of dusky brown with soft curls and bangs. Siwon was, however, most attracted to his eyes which were so pretty and bright. Siwon could even swear he saw them twinkle when the young man spoke to him for the first time ever.

“I also came here alone”, what a soft velvet voice, Siwon thought.  

“I see. Thank you so much”

“No problem.” The stranger said, “I guess you’re stuck with me for tonight”.

“Please don’t say that”, Siwon hurriedly said, “It’s a pleasure to have dinner with such a…” Siwon wanted to very attractive but he quickly changed it into “… nice person”, and hit himself mentally.

However, that seemed to amuse the other man as he chuckled making Siwon feel embarrassed because he had such a cute laugh.

“You don’t know that”, he raised one eyebrow in a teasing manner “I might be very rude and mean for all you know.”

“I doubt that. After all, it’s you who got me into the restaurant” Siwon honestly pointed out making the stranger smile, endearingly.  

“Alright. Let’s start with basic introduction, shall we? My name is Cho Kyuhyun”, the stranger said and offered his hand across the table, which Siwon quickly caught and he spared himself a second to admire the softness of Kyuhyun’s hand before replying

“I’m Choi Siwon”

“Very nice to meet you, Siwon-ssi”

“Me too”

The loneliness appeared to have leave Siwon alone after all…

.

.

.

And ever since that first time Choi Siwon and Cho Kyuhyun had dinner together, every Valentine’s Day thereafter, that same table was always occupied by the same couple.

 

It was where a beautiful love had begun…   

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yup... lame ending is lame... but I was really stuck on how to end it :P

Thanks for reading! <3