Blame It On The Thai

Moments

Summary - An innocent game meant to please the fans leaves Taecyeon thinking of things he shouldn't be thinking of. Considering things he never consider before. Taecyeon is troubled. And what kind of friend would Nickhun be if he doesn't offer some much need it help? 

Rating - Pg-13

​Pairing - Taeckay 

A/N - I blame this on the pocky game. 

 

Later on, when the world is no longer spinning and he's asked questions and explanations to things he would not be able to justify, he will blame it all on Nichkhun.

It's all his fault. His suggestion. This stupid game, and this ridiculous situation he's currently in, is all thanks to the damn Thai and his uncanny way to get under people's skin. He's no angel. No knight in chaining armor. He's conniving and deceiving, and gets off on people's suffering, and Taecyeon swears he's going to get him back for this, but right now, right now he can't really focus on nothing much, but what he's about to do.

It all started at their fan meet. A ridiculous fan - pleasing game that left Taecyeon questioning things he never really bother to think of before that moment.

He tried not to seem too eager, pretend to listen, and even offered comments of his own when the others discussed the game, and different strategies. At the end though, when MinJun stood in front of him, the chocolate flavor pocky between his teeth, seemed a little nervous and a bit uncertain, Taecyeon’s brain was no longer his to control. He wanted to win, that was a given, and this was MinJun after all. His bandmate. A friend. Someone he's known for half his life, so how weird could it be?

 He was the first to move, a hand on the back of MinJun's neck, holding him in place. He leaned closer and bit his end of the stick, hesitating for just a second before making a decision to just go for it. Each bite took him closer. To damn close, so close that he could smell MinJun's breath. So close that he was sure they would win the damn thing and... oh.

It was quick. Almost imperceptible, but he felt it. The brush of something soft against his lips. It was also to be expected. He did almost practically make out with Nichkhun not long before, but this… This was something else entirely. It happened to fast, to quickly for him to grasp it and by the time he recover his senses MinJun was long gone, laughing it off and subtly putting some distance between them. Just a game. A show they put up to please the fans. Nothing more. And Taecyeon treated it as such. Walking towards the edge of the stage, laughing it off. He wiped his mouth, once, twice. Just a show.

He was high on the moment. On the cheers and screams of the fans. His frantic heartbeat had nothing to do with what almost happened, but didn’t quite. Only it did happened, and Taecyeon couldn’t wipe the image from his mind hard as he tried.

It was that moment on stage. That second when they were so close Taecyeon could no longer tell whose breath was whose, that moment when for a second he forgot where they were, who they were, and what they were doing. The second that rattled Taecyeon down to his very core, but with some much need it effort he managed to put away under lock and key never to be thought of again.  

Or at least he thought he did.

“So did you think about it?”

“About what?”

He should had known better than to fall trapped to Nichkhun’s games. The man was out fishing and Taecyeon had fallen hook line and sinker.  

“Kissing MinJun. Tempting wasn’t it?”

“You are sick.”

“Am I? You didn’t seem so bother when we did the game.”

“I wasn’t. Just, you know MinJun is different.”

“Different?! How exactly?”

“You are the worse. Different as in different upbringings. He would not be as comfortable with this as you would be.”

“He seemed fine when he did it with me.”

“Good for you Nichkhun. What do you want a cookie?”

“I’m just saying, that he wasn’t as nervous when it was us, but with you… Am just saying.”

“Just saying what, Nichkhun?”

“So you never thought about it, any of us? Junho, or Chansung maybe?”

“God, why are we talking about this?”

“Come on, what about if the other person was ok with it, would you?”

“I hardly doubt MinJun would ever consent to kissing any of us, not even drunk.”

“So only if it was MinJun?”

“…. Screw you.”

“He didn’t seemed to please when it was you and me doing it either.”

“He didn’t?”

Error. His biggest mistake. The equivalent to picking up the shovel and digging his own grave, but it was already two words to late, Nichkhun had that devilish smirk, and Taecyeon had no choice but to brace himself for what came next.

Nichkhun was on a mission, and MinJun was nothing but a clueless victim. It was as easy as a taunt. You can’t do better than me. I dare you to try. So easy. So simple. And before Taecyeon could find some lame excuse to safe his soul from this madness, Nichkhun had dragged them all to his hotel room, a box of strawberry flavor pockys on the bed, and his hand on Junho’s shoulder, holding him steady as the tiny pink stick between them quickly disappear. From his view point it looked wrong, totally wrong, and by the time the two broke it off there was barely anything left. The danm thing was mostly powder in Junho’s hand, and Taecyeon curse Junho and his competitiveness.

Junho was elated. Taunting MinJun about the free meal the older would have to pay for, since he was sure MinJun will lose. Chansung and Wooyoung cheered, the two having put their money on Junho and Khun winning, all the while Khun just smiled to himself. “Your turn.”

There was fire in MinJun eyes as he took the damn stick from Khun and positioned himself in front of Taecyeon. Once. Twice. Breathe. Just a game. Taecyeon reminded himself. Just a stupid game. Only it wasn’t. He knew it. Khun knew it, and he had made sure to push Taecyeon to the outermost limit until lines were blur and boundaries no longer existed.

He tasted the sweetness of the artificial strawberry flavor on his tongue, savor it for a second before taking one bite. Then another. Until MinJun’s face was only inches away. So close that he could feel the hot breath caressing his chin. So close that he could feel MinJun trembled slyly. So close that everything else was irrelevant, and he just knew he wanted to take that extra bite. Push it that much closer. He wanted to taste the flavor of the cookie from MinJun’s tongue and…

Big, almond shape, droopy eyes stare right at him. Neither daring to move. Neither daring to take the next step. Back off. Finish it off. Which one is it going to be? He waited for it. Waited for MinJun to run. Make his escape. Only he didn’t. There were no fans there this time. No cameras taking a close up. There was nothing but curiosity and uncertainty and to hell with it all. Taecyeon took that last bite, soft lips brushing his, a little wet, way too quick, and oh so trilling.

It felt like a life time later when he took the step back, a grin on his face, a shy smile on MinJun’s and the pocky nowhere to be found.

He couldn’t think. Not about the stupid game, not about the looks he was getting from his bandmates. Not about how badly he wanted to both punch and hug Nichkhun at the same time. Nor about the way his heart swell with something he just simply couldn’t name as MinJun took a step back, his gaze holding Taecyeon’s while he wiped his lips with the back of his hands.

It was just a moment. A second. A simple brush. A gentle touch that left Taecyeon considering things he never admitted to think off before that moment. Things he always kept to himself for fear and uncertainty. Because it wasn’t right, and he shouldn’t think it. Things he never thought were a possibility before this moment.

Later on, when his world is turn upside down and MinJun builds up the courage to corner Taecyeon, aided by curiosity, uncertainty and questions of his own. When Taecyeon is push against a wall and his head lowers to meet MinJun’s height, their lips meeting in a chaste, nervous first real kiss. When Taecyeon finds that it’s no longer enough, that he needs more. Wants more, and takes it. Taking MinJun’s lips like they were his to claim all alone. the air right out of his lungs, and leaving them both weak at the knees with haggard breath and rapidly beating hearts.

Later on when years of friendship and comradeship give way to something more, something deeper and a lot more dangerous… Taecyeon may consider thanking Nichkhun.