Chapter one

The Problem With Park Jeongsu

“Kill Park Jeongsu”

Those words were Kim Heechul’s childhood. He was raised knowing that Park Jeongsu was the enemy. The heir to the company that wound go to rival his father’s. When Park Jeongsu replaced his sickly father at the head of his company, his father was sure that he would lead their company to having more sales than them. The only thing his father seemed to care about was having a different girl in his bed every night and having the most money.

 Heechul was trained to kill. He knew how to use several types of guns, swords and other sorts of weaponry, as well as martial arts and was able to drug a drink in the most subtle way possible. Maybe if his mother had stayed, his father would have given him a normal childhood. One with friends and playing in the sun. Not one filled with endless training, tutoring and the constant reminder that he would have to kill a man named Park Jeongsu.

 Park Jeongsu had lived the life that Kim Heechul had always wanted. He had a loving mother and father, a happy childhood, and a company that he would inherit. Park jeongsu lived a safe life. No training, no tutoring, and no idea that he was being targeted by a man named Kim Heechul.

 The first problem arose when Kim Heechul saw a picture of the man he was supposed to kill. He felt this weird sensation start to well in his throat has he stared at the picture on his computer monitor. The picture had been taken when Jeongsu had appeared at a press conference in the place of his father. The man’s black hair was short and carefully groomed. A complete opposite to Heechul’s wild, long hair that was normally pulled into a long ponytail down his back. Jeongsu was dressed in a formal suit and was waving to the crowd that must have gathered to see him. What made this man so beautiful, in Heechul’s opinion, was his smile. In all 28 years of his life, Kim Heechul had never seen a smile that shined so bright. And that dimple, it was so adorable that Heechul wanted to scream. He immediately closed his computer.

 And as Kim Heechul fell asleep that night, the only thing he could think was Park Jeongsu is too beautiful to kill.

 The problem grew even more as Heechul became acquainted with Jeongsu. The plan was to get close to him, then poison him in his sleep, it would be passed off as a heart attack or something of the like, and his father would still make the most money.

 The problem was that Park Jeongsu’s personality was brighter than his smile. Park Jeongsu was one of those people who picked kittens of the street and helped old ladies. Heechul was first confused with his kindness, but soon got accustomed with it, finding it more comforting than anything else. Jeongsu was so nice to Heechul that he almost wanted to run away. He wanted to scream ‘Stop being nice to me, I have to kill you’

 It was a few months after meeting Park Jeongsu that the reality set it. He didn’t want to kill Park Jeongsu. He loved Park Jeongsu and he would do anything he could to keep the best part of his life alive.

 Soon, friendship turned into romance and Heechul was pretty sure that this wasn’t part of the plan. The soft kiss that Jeongsu planted on his lips erased any doubts he had. No matter what almost 24 years of training told him, Park Jeongsu was not the enemy. Park Jeongsu loved him more than anyone ever had. And there is no way that he would even try hurting him.

 Park Jeongsu loved Kim Heechul. He loved him in every way possible, and as strongly as anyone could love. Some people would say that Park Jeongsu was foolish for loving someone this much, but he liked to believe that there was no such thing as foolish love, only foolish people. He loved the way that Kim Heechul talked, waving his hands around when he was exited, he loved the way that he would nuzzle into his chest when it was cold out and he loved the way he kissed him. With a sort of tentativeness, like he was afraid that he might break at any moment.

 Kim Heechul loved Park Jeongsu as much as Park jeongsu loved Kim Heechul. This was both a problem and perfection.

 When Heechul’s father stormed into his room, arms flailing and eyes wide, screaming about how some website had gotten picture of him kissing Park Jeongsu in his penthouse apartment without a shirt on, Heechul wasn’t surprised. He tried to deny that this had even happened, but his father reached out and grabbed his throat. He quickly freed himself from his father’s grasp and pushed him over. Pinning him to the ground with one foot, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a syringe filled with light green liquid. The poison he was supposed to use to kill Jeongsu.

 “Father, this has gotten out of hand. I’ve warned you many times what would happen if you went insane.” He warned his father, looking into his wide, bloodshot eyes. He was internally shaking with fear, but if there was one thing that 23 years of training taught him, it was to never show your emotions in a battle.

“Why would I care what happens to me?” He spat “why should I care what happens to anyone” his father yelled before letting out a loud series of coughs. Then his body went still. Heechul wasn’t sure if he was dead or just passed out, but is father was known to do many kinds of drugs, causing him to pass out or go into strange trances for days.

 Heechul smashed the glass syringe before fleeing out of the building and into the night air. After a few deep breaths, he could think clearly again and he quickly took a taxi to the only place he felt safe. Park Jeongsu’s penthouse apartment.

 He let himself inside and found Jeongsu in his bed, pyjamas and big glasses on, reading a book. Before Jeongsu could question what his boyfriend was doing, Heechul jumped onto his bed and started to explain everything. He told him about his childhood, about his father and about how he was supposed to kill the very man he loved.

 Jeongsu didn’t say too much, but assured Kim Heechul that he wasn’t mad, as long as he didn’t try to kill him again, he added with a light chuckle.

 They fell asleep in each other’s arms and for the first time in his life, Kim Heechul felt completely safe. The next day they found out that Mr. Kim, the head of SMJK Company, had died from a drug overdose. Heechul couldn’t help but feel a bit sad, but the sadness was replaced with something else has he and Jeongsu strolled the side of a sunny riverbank, laughing, feeding ducks and as the sun was starting to set, jumped into the water for a swim.

 Park Jeongsu proposed to Kim Heechul on the fourth of November in Paris, a place that they had been visiting for a press conference for the new Park-SMJK company. Of course Kim Heechul said yes.

 And as Park Jeongsu and Kim Heechul stood hand in hand infront of a large crown of officials, announcing their retirement and that the new head of the Park-SMJK company would be their adopted daughter, Kim Taeyeon, Kim Heechul decided that maybe going through all that training, long nights, sore muscles and the ever present warning that he would have to kill Park Jeongsu, was worth it. 

---

I miiight make a short fluffy sequel about a TeukChul wedding but idk if y'all want it I will

- Admin Chul