I Can See Your Halo

I Can See Your Halo [One Shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I Can See Your Halo

Remember those walls I built?

Kyuhyun looked up at the sun beaming its ray upon him. He was sitting at the very table he had first met Jongwoon, who had been a waiter at the restaurant he was currently at. 

Kyuhyun had been rather bored and decided to go for dinner on his own. He had plenty of money and thus he had chosen for one of the most expensive restaurants in town; seated at a table outside as it was summer and Kyuhyun had always enjoyed sunny days.

Well, baby they're tumbling down

Jongwoon had come to him to take his order and had bluntly asked if he was stood up by his date, because he had been sitting on his own at a table for two for a full fifteen minutes already. Kyuhyun had looked at him perplexed before telling him to hurry the up and get his food already.

They sure didn't have any 'love at first sight'.

'I only asked because I hoped your date had stood you up! Our usual customers are all rich 95 year olds, how could I not take interest in you?' Jongwoon had explained one day, when Kyuhyun had asked him about their very first meeting. Kyuhyun had laughed at it and known that it wasn't true; known that Jongwoon'd had no interest in him at their first meeting.

But it hadn't mattered anymore, because at that time, their love had already flourished into much, much more.

And they didn't even put up a fight

"Are you okay?" Someone asked, making Kyuhyun look up and waving away the memories of long ago. Heechul's face greeted him and Kyuhyun gave a single nod in reply.

Heechul smiled and turned to sit down on the seat across from Kyuhyun, who had sent a quick prayer hoping that he wouldn't. It was Jongwoon's seat, how could he sit there out of all places?

"Have you thought about it?" Heechul asked, and Kyuhyun sighed.

"Hyung, I told you, I'm done with it. I'm not going to help," he answered mildly annoyed. Heechul had been asking him the same thing for the past two weeks, and Kyuhyun had given the exact same answer for two weeks straight. Why wouldn't he just take his answer and leave? He had no intentions to stay friends with Heechul any longer, let alone work with him on a job.

"You're the best, Kyuhyun-ah. Please consider it," Heechul continued seriously, "And try to forget what has happened, it was an accident."

They didn't even make a sound

Kyuhyun stood up angrily, "I can't."

I found a way to let you in

"Please go out with me," Kyuhyun begged for the nth time to the man standing across from him. "If you still don't feel anything after, I will leave you alone. I promise!"

"I'm sorry," the man replied, obviously not as regretful as he tried to sound, "You are too young for me, Kyuhyun."

"Hyung..," Kyuhyun mumbled dejectedly.  

A sudden loud laughter behind them startled them and make them look back only to see Jungsu, Jongwoon's boss, walking towards them. "Jongwoon, what do you have to lose? The boy has been coming here for weeks, just go out with him and get it over with."

Jongwoon's glared at Jungsu before turning back to Kyuhyun. "Fine," he said strained, "But just one date!"

Kyuhyun couldn't be happier.

But, I never really had a doubt

"You are a millionaire, and you are taking me on a date to the park?" Jongwoon asked, mildly insulted.

Kyuhyun smiled genuinely, "Aren't you being a little superficial, hyung?"

"Well excuse me, but you asked me out for weeks. I expected you planned something big to win me over."

That actually had been quite a good idea. 

Maybe Kyuhyun should have planned something bigger, but he wanted to just spend time with Jongwoon and get to know each other. If he had planned something big, it would have been a distraction. And as they would just go on one single date, as Jongwoon had emphasized when he agreed with a date, Kyuhyun wanted to use that one time to show himself rather than to show his wealth.

During the date, they had walked and sat on many benches in the park just chatting about who they were and what they had done with their lives. Kyuhyun had been very fortunate and had become a millionaire at a young age. He was a true businessman and knew exactly how to get stuff for cheap and sell them for high making a good profit.

Jongwoon had lost his parents a few years back and suddenly had himself and his younger brother to look after. He had instantly given up on school and started working to make sure his little brother would have a better future than he basically had. Kyuhyun admired Jongwoon for it and even offered him some money which Jongwoon instantly declined. 'Thanks, but I'll manage,' he said.

The day went by in a flash and before they knew it the sun began to set and it was time to say goodbye.

"I had fun, thanks Kyuhyun," Jongwoon said, after Kyuhyun had mentioned it was time to leave the park and to head back home. They were standing near the exit of the park, Jongwoon's house being on the opposite of Kyuhyun's house meant they had to split their ways here.

"I can walk you home," Kyuhyun suggested, and Jongwoon laughed.

"I'm not a girl," he remarked, and Kyuhyun awkwardly fidgeted on his spot; he hadn't meant to say that he was. "And I'm older than you. I should be the one walking you home, but I'm too tired to do so."

Well, that was straight forward.

"But, maybe I can do so after our next date?" Jongwoon asked without shame, shrugging his shoulders. It amazed Kyuhyun how blunt Jongwoon could be, without even being slightly ashamed or shied by his own behavior.

"You- You want to go on a second date?" Kyuhyun asked, surprised. "I thought you only wanted one date, and no more."

"You changed my mind," Jongwoon said with a smile, before reaching forward and kissing Kyuhyun's cheek. "Cya soon then!"

And just like that, he walked off towards his own apartment, leaving a bedazzled Kyuhyun behind.

Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

"You what?!" Jongwoon screamed, as Kyuhyun had just told him a secret he wished he didn't hear.

They had been dating for 2 years, even living together for 1 year, and only now Kyuhyun decided to tell him this secret. A secret this big that could ruin everything they had and even get Kyuhyun sent to jail for the rest of his life if someone found out. 

"Hyung, I know it sounds bad, but trust me, they don't deserve what they have!" Kyuhyun desperately tried to explain; he really thought he was doing the right thing. "We deserve it. Hyung, you deserve it."

"And so you just steal from the rich and sell it to make yourself rich?" Jongwoon huffed. "You don't deserve it, Cho Kyuhyun. And I don't want money that's illegally made."

 "Think about Jongjin-"

"Don't involve my baby brother in this. I was doing perfectly fine taking care of him and paying for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter