My Own Personal Stalker

My Own Personal Stalker (Chanyeol x Reader)

You walked into the school, earphones still in to warn any of those people (being the ones who have had such a great time during the weekend and have wanted to come to you to brag about it) that you were not in the mood. Let’s just say your weekend compared to there’s could be one of the worst in the whole school. You had to babysit for your Uncle’s children while him and his wife went on their anniversary date kind of thing. You were more than happy to do this until you figured out that the children were at their ‘terrible two’ age, which also means that you were walking straight into a battlefield. By the time your Uncle did come home, you had food all over your clothes and hair and bits of food stuck to your face. Just when you thought it was all over when you got back home, you were greeted with piles of homework which took about three hours to complete.

So now your appearance wasn’t that great looking. There were bags under your (e/c) eyes and your hair was ruffled even though you had brushed it about two times.

 

“Hey (y/n)!” someone called out to you. You took your headphones out to smile at your friend, April. Before you could return the gesture, she had grabbed your arm and started pulling you towards your homeroom class. “Have you heard the news?” she exclaimed. Your eyebrows quirked up, now interested and awake. You took out your earphones and phone and put them into your bag.

 

“What’s happening?” You questioned, yanking your arm out of her grasp.

 

“There is a new kid coming into the school!” She exclaimed. Your eyes widened. A new person rarely happened at your school with this school being so full, so when this sort of thing did happen, it was the new hype and gossip all around the school.

 

“Do you know which class he/she is in?” you asked, reaching your own class and opening the door and heading to your assigned seat.

 

“I don’t know, but whoever is in their class is very lucky,” You nodded, agreeing with April’s statement as you sat down. As you got ready for this treacherous Monday (getting out books and all that stuff) you heard a loud chuckle coming from the side. You turned your head to see Park Chanyeol or as everyone else calls him Chanyeol. You saw him surrounded by his group of friends who call themselves EXO, who had huge smiles on their faces, some still chuckling from the previous joke. You joined in the smiling fest: No wonder they call him the Happy Virus, everyone seems to be happy when he’s around     You thought, taking the statement to heart knowing that you are happiest when he is around.

 

You would admit, if you had said that you did not like Chanyeol, you would be lying but then again, who doesn’t. Chanyeol was one of those guys would could get along with anyone and would stick up for anyone if they were getting bullied. However, you and him aren’t the closest friends in the world, more like classmates since you and him hardly ever talk. Even if you did get the chance to, you would freeze up on the spot, not knowing what to say to your crush.

Just as you were about to go on with your rant about how you and Chanyeol would never work out, the teacher had walked into the class, immediately silence followed with conversations that were left unfinished.

 

“Ok Class,” the teacher said, pushing their glasses up on the bridge of their nose, “it is no surprise that all of you know about the new student coming to our school, am I correct?” Everyone in the class nodded, all on the edge of their seats to find out more news about the new student. The teacher smiled, finding the anxiousness pretty amusing. “Good, I want you all to meet Monolo, a spanish exchange student,” Everyone gasped when the door opened. Behind the door revealed a boy with brown scruffy hair, tanned skin and the most beautiful feature: his green eyes which made all the girls squeal (including you - despite not showing it on the outside)

 

Monolo entered the classroom with a stride of confidence in his step. He flashed a grin at the class before speaking.

 

“Hello,” he said, his thick spanish accent obvious in his voice, which only made the girl’s hearts flutter, “my name is Monolo and I hope you all will take care of me during this time,” he winked after his speech after seeing all the little love hearts in the girl’s eyes. The teacher coughed, hoping to get the attention back on themselves again.

 

“I will need someone to show Monolo around the school to help him adjust into this new environment for him. Any volunteers?” the teacher asked. In a blink of an eye, most girls had their hands up in hopes of getting the chance to get to know this new guy.

 

However, despite the fact that you didn’t put your hand up, you were still picked as the tour guide which only sent deathly glares in your direction. The only good thing that came to your mind about doing this was you can miss lessons for the whole day (and it being Monday too, you happily obliged to tour Monolo around the school). With that said, you waved goodbye to April and walked out of the classroom with Monolo following behind.

 

“So, where would you like to start?” You asked him, standing to the side of the hallway to make sure he doesn’t get out of your sight.


 

Meanwhile, a certain boy: Chanyeol, had watches the whole situation of how you were chosen with a look of discomfort on his face. It is true that the two of you never did talk to each other, but it didn’t mean that he didn’t like you back. You were one of those people who didn’t talk much, especially around people that you weren’t used to being around, and Chanyeol had found it cute. The way you would twiddle with your thumbs as a way of distraction instead of contributing to the conversation. However, at the moment he was a tiny bit distracted with Monolo wrapping his arm around your shoulders, only to have you shrug it off which made Chanyeol feel a little bit better.

“Well, would you look at that,” said a voice from behind him. Chanyeol turned around in a panic, hoping no one noticed his stare/glare session, “looks like Monolo has already got a girlfriend,” his friend, Baekhyun noted. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and stood up in order to catch up with EXO who were slowly walking to their class.

 

“What do you mean by that?” worry etched into his voice, causing EXO to turn their heads in his direction. Chanyeol coughed, in an attempt to get the attention off of himself.

 

“Um... I think what Baekhyun meant to say is that,” D.O paused during mid-sentence to choose his next words carefully, "this new Monologue person ,seems to be a real... ladykiller," The rest of EXO looked at D.O weirdly trying to understand why he would choose 'ladykiller'

 

"Let me put it this way ,Monolo is easily going to take (y/n) as a girlfriend," Sehun stated plainly, shocking Chanyeol.

 

After a few moments of silence Chanyeol suddenly headed the same direction where (y/n) and Monolo were going.

 

"What is he doing?" Sehun asked to no one in particular as the other 11 members watched him go.

 

"I have no idea," replied D.O. Everyone looked in the direction before heading in separate directions towards their own lessons.

 

*Timeskip*

 

The rest of the day as you walked around the school pointing out the interesting bits of the school, you were oblivious to the fact that he had tried many times to flirt with you. However when you did this tour, there were a few times where you felt like you were being watched resulting in you turning around to see who the prime victim only to be met with the wall. What you didn't know was that, it was Chanyeol secretly following you.

 

Yes you did read that right, Chanyeol feared at the fact that Monolo get a better chance at having you as a girlfriend. Every time Monolo had tried a pick up line or any advances such as grabbing your hand or doing the cheesy 'yawn' move, there would always be the little bit more anger that entered his system. He would hate to admit it but he was starting to get jealous, regretting the fact that he hadn't asked you out sooner.

 

"And that's all there is to the school," you told him, turning to face him to show the end of the tour. He smiled at you and made sure that your (e/c) eyes met with his.

 

"Thank you very much for giving me this tour, I'm afraid I would have got lost without you," he murmured. This would have normally made you blush however due to your affection for Chanyeol, his comment had simply zoomed past your head; unfazed you if you say. This had surprised Monolo but he would not give up, so he pushed on.

“You know (y/n), I really should thank you for what you’ve done, so what do you say to a date?” He then smirked in satisfaction when he noticed a small blush appear on your cheeks. This was a big surprise to you since you rarely get asked out on dates, as in it’s only happened once or twice and you’ve had to reject the guy in the end due to your crush.

 

“Uh... um...,” you tried to choke out some sort of rejection but for some reason, your mouth just didn’t want to work with your brain today. This is when Chanyeol started seething red in anger. Why is it Monolo can make her blush? Why is she stuttering so much? Why is he so mad over a crush?!

...

 

It was at that moment, Chanyeol had realized that what he had over (y/n) wasn’t no simple crush, it was more like Love.

 

You were about to reject Monolo of his offer if it weren’t for an angry figure stomping in your direction. You turned around in order to calm this person down but was surprised to find that it was Chanyeol. Nevertheless you had bravely stood in front of Chanyeol, putting your hands on his chest, which did make him stop in his advances but he continued to glare at Monolo.

 

“Just leave her alone, can’t you tell that she doesn’t want to go out with you?!” Chanyeol  yelled in his face. Monolo couldn’t help but tsk at this and give Chanyeol a disgusted look but had look to you for confirmation. You gave him a small sad smile but nodded at that.

 

“Sorry Monolo, I would love to go on a date with you but I kind of like someone else at the moment,” You say, a hint of sympathy towards him at the moment. Monolo only nodded before walking away.

 

You turned stepped away from Chanyeol, your arms crossed and an eyebrow raised in questioning. Chanyeol only gave a short laugh and scratched the back of his head.

 

“What was that about?” You questioned, “you were a little harsh on Monolo back there,”

 

“What do you mean, he deserved it. He was a little too friendly with you and his eyes were travelling southward,” Chanyeol exclaimed. Your face turned red once realising what he meant.

 

“I know but all he wanted was a date-”

 

“Yeah but with you and I like you so I couldn’t just stand there and watch you say yes!”

 

There was a brief moment of silence. Chanyeol realised what he had said and was blushing a million shades of red as you were.

 

“W-what did you say?” You asked, making sure that what he had said was true. Chanyeol took a deep breath in and looked into your eyes, a new confidence set in him.

 

“I like you, (y/n) and I want you to become mine,” He said. Another brief moment of silence before you could speak up again.

 

“Can you close your eyes for a moment?” You asked. Chanyeol, slightly confused at the question, but did what you said. As soon as he closed his eyes, you reached up and kissed him on the lips and it was only a few seconds after that Chanyeol had reacted back.