Misery & Distress

Kiss Me, Love Me

Sulli and Krystal met up with Amber, Luna, and Victoria during lunch time at the school cafeteria. They sat at the empty table which was situated at the center of the room.

"I've missed you guys so much! It's so sad that we're not classmates anymore." Luna wailed as she opened up the lemonade she bought.

"I know right?! Attending class feels so boring now without the two of you." Amber chided in.

Victoria sighed. "Did anything interesting happen in your class?"

"Well, i don't know if it's interesting enough for you but Sulli is forced to sit beside Tao for the rest of the school year." Krystal took a bite from her burger.

Sulli pretended that she didn't hear anything and just continued picking on her food.

"Woah seriously?!" Victoria said in disbelief.

Krystal only nodded her head and continued eating her lunch.

"Who's Tao? That guy who always sleeps at the back and doesn't have any friends?" Luna asked.

"Yup. I hear he's scary if you get to know him but others say that he's just really quiet." Amber said.

Sulli snickered when she heard Amber say the word quiet. "Quiet? Haha you must be kidding me. There are so many unnecessary things coming out from his mouth which i can't fathom at all."

"Sulli ah~ don't hate him too much or else you might fall in love with him." Luna squealed as she teased Sulli about Tao.

"Me? Falling in love with Tao? No way." Sulli said to Luna.

"Sulli's right. Why would she fall in love with Tao when she already has her one true love, Kai?" Krystal said proudly. Sulli gave Krystal a thumbs up for saving her.

"The four of us are almost done eating but Sulli hasn't even touched her food yet. Is there something wrong?" Victoria asked when she saw Sulli playing with her food using her fork.

"Hmm i just don't really have the appetite to eat today." Sulli replied and continued to play with her food.

"Why? Is it because of Kai?" Amber asked.

Sulli was surprised to hear Amber mention Kai instead. "Kai? What's wrong with Kai?"

"Look." Amber pointed to the hallway where she saw Kai walking with an unfamiliar girl. "Do you know who that girl is? They look very close"

Sulli turned and looked at where Amber was pointing at. "No. It's the first time i saw her today. She's probably a new student, i'll ask Kai about it later."

Sulli pretended to look calm after what she had seen but deep inside, it clearly bothered her. Usually Kai never hangs out with any girl other than Sulli even though lots of girls at the school really like him, but seeing him talking comfortably with that girl made Sulli feel really uneasy.

Krystal saw Sulli continuously stealing glances at Kai and that girl. "Sulli, if it bothers you that much, why don't you go now and ask Kai yourself."

Sulli deliberated for a moment then said, "Yeah it bothers me but i don't want to act rashly and approach him too soon. Should i try calling him instead?"

"That's a great idea! Go call him and see if he'll answer." Luna said.

Sulli took out her phone and called Kai. The five girls attentively watched if Kai was gonna answer the phone or not. They saw Kai taking the phone out from his pocket, paused for a moment to think then he placed it back inside his pocket like he didn't see it was Sulli calling.

"Oh. My. God. Did he just ignore your call?!" Krystal said in dismay. "Come on, let's go to Kai now and interrupt whatever he and that girl is talking about which is so important he couldn't even answer Sulli's call."

Krystal was about to stand up but Sulli stopped her. "No. Don't. I want to ask him myself later."

Krystal sighed. "Alright. Just make sure he's not cheating on you with that girl."

Memories of the times that she and Kai spent together suddenly filled her head and Sulli held back the tears that were about to fall out. "I can't cry now or act rashly. I need to find out first if he's really cheating on me or not. Perhaps he was only being nice because she's new. If he was gonna cheat on me, he won't do it so openly here in school." Sulli said to herself as she felt her heart starting to ache.