k i n d e r g a r t e n

Deer Meets Gorilla (hiatus)

“Daddy, you will come back for me right?” A little five year old girl tugged on her father hand as they were walking to her new kindergarten class. “Don't worry Bbom, daddy and mommy will come pick you up right after ok?” He said giving her a reassuring smile. 


“Daddy, is it ok that I am nervous?” The little girl staring into her new classroom. This was the first day of kindergarten for this 5 year old. “I don't see why, just show them your great personality.” Her father tapped the girl's baseball cap, she quickly fixed her cap adjusting it so she will be able to see her father.


“Ok!” She cheered out loud with the smile that is always present on her face. “Go get them tiger!” Her father cheered her on as she ran into the class room waving goodbye to him. Reminding him not to forget her. 


Everybody else was sitting on the carpet so she decided to sit too.  She sat next to another little girl with her bangs covering her forehead and with the rest of her hair laying loose. “Hi I'm Bomi!” She exclaimed to the girl she was sitting next to. 


The other girl realized that Bomi was talking to her, looking up shyly she smiled a little “My name is Chorong.” She introduced herself. Bomi was about to start a conservation with Chorong but than the teacher got them to quite down and started to do attendance. “Yoon Bomi?” The teacher asked getting close to the end of the attendance list. That got the little girl attention immediately raising her hand up shouting out “Here!”


“Aren't you energetic?” The teacher asked in amusement as Bomi eagerly nod her head not even caring that all the pairs of eyes were staring at her. “No hats in class though ok?” The teacher asked Bomi to take off her baseball cap. She was a little hesitant since it was gift that her parents gave her for a present. But she obeyed and went to go put away her hat in her backpack. 


Kindergarten was surprisingly fun, they started with coloring and than they got to learn about the alphabet which Bomi found amazing realizing how many letters there was actually. Her favorite thing was when they got to sing a little song the teacher taught them something about rowing a boat. She also made some new friends which she thought was super cool. 


Soon it was time for recess, she never had recess before so she ended up walking around the playground deciding what to do. Her ponytail bounced up and down as she was thinking. There was just so many things she could do. Bomi could play on the monkey bars, swing on the swings, skip rope or maybe go down the slides. 


Bomi decided to sit down by a tree, she started playing with a lady bug that she found on the grass. She was distracted until she felt a twig that fell on her head. “Ow.” She complained rubbing her head, Bomi pulled up her a little to big overalls and made sure that she didn't get a grass stain. She remembered her mom telling her that she doesn't want Bomi to come home covered in stains. 


The little Bomi looked up, curious of what made the the trig fall or if it just fell. Her eyes met with another pair of eyes which belong to a boy around her age sitting on one of the branches of the tree. “Hey were you the one who made the tree hit me?” Bomi shouted a little too upset for a girl who may have had a twig thrown on her. “I'm sorry.” The boy apologized while he rolled his eyes at the boiling little girl from above. 


But Bomi wanted a apology to her face. “You have to come down here and apologize to me properly!” Bomi noticed that the boy wrapped his arms around the branch tightly after she mentioned about him getting down. He looked scared but she didn't understand why, since the branch he was on wasn't even that far from the ground. “Hey what are you waiting for? Can't you get down?” She impatiently asked. The little boy's face clearly said he doesn't know how. Bomi face soften feeling a little bad. “I will only help you but once I help you get down, you have to give me a proper apology!” Bomi offered, crossing her arms and tapping her foot impatiently waiting for the boy reply. 


“Are you crazy? Why would you help me?” The boy gave a weird look at Bomi as he clung to the tree stump. “Fine I won't than!” She shouted, feeling offended that he didn't want her help. She started to walk away until the little boy spoke up once again. “Fine! Please help me get down!” He called out Bomi. She smiled in victory and skipped over back to the tree. “Are you going to say sorry after?” This time instead of denying her offer, he shook his head up and down desperate to get down.  


“Okay! Now all you have to do is fall.” Little Bomi smiled cheerfully as if what she said was nothing. “What?!” The boy asked with wide eyes. “No way! Why would I need you if all I had to do was fall out of the tree.” He complained. “No you don't get it! I will catch you.” She reassured not seeing the problem with her plan at all. “How do I know you will catch me?” He questioned, glaring at Bomi. “Don't worry, I am very strong I can even lift up my cousin's dog and he's a German Shepard!” 


And for whatever reason the boy was convinced. He was against with almost everything this girl has offered, except for this because he had a really big dog a St. Bernard to be exact. He had tried to lift up his dog once, but he could barely get him of the floor instead he got dragged around by his dog.  


“On the count of three I jump and you better catch me!” He shouted firmly as Bomi got ready to catch him. She started to feel a little uncertainty growing in her. She kind of lied about what she said earlier. She can lift up her cousin's dog but the part when she said about him being big it was rather the opposite. Her cousin's dog is just a puppy, it wasn't a complete lie to be honest. Her cousin's dog was a German Shepard puppy so one day he will grow big. 


“One, two.…” The boy started to count taking a deep breathe before he says three and after he jumped off the branch he was on earlier. Lets be reminded that the branch was not that far from the ground but for the boy it was very high up. Bomi tried her best with her arms wide out trying to catch the boy. She managed to catch the boy for a second or two but than tumbled right over. Falling over from the momentum, Bomi tried lifting her head up but end up bumping foreheads with the boy who was on top of her. 


“This hurts even more than the stupid twig. And you're heavy! I can't breath!” Bomi whined pushing the boy off her. The boy rolling onto his back laid there next to Bomi as they both let the pain slowly fade away. “Hey.” Bomi whispered turning her head so she would be facing the boy. “Yeah.” He mumbled looking semiconscious. “I'm still waiting for that apology.”


The boy immediately sat up giving Bomi the crazy look once again. “What do you mean by apology?! You're the one who didn't catch me! I should be the one getting an apology!” Bomi sat up getting ready to argue with the boy, but she stopped herself before the word could come out of . She did felt guilty, Bomi did promised the boy that she would catch him. “I'm sorry…” she whispered, Bomi was the type of kid that wouldn't admit that she was wrong even though she knows that she was wrong. 


“What did you say? I couldn't here you.” He said with a smirk forming on his childish boy face. Bomi puffed her chest looking in the opposite direction of the boy and crossed her arms. “I said I'm sorry.” The boy smirk grew into a smile. “Say it again one more time.” Her face grew red she scooted over. Right next to him and shouted into his ear. “I AM SORRY!”


He covered his ears with his hands but the smile on his face did not disappear. “Apology accepted.” He chimed into Bomi's ear, only making her more annoyed with him. “Ok, I'm sorry too.” A small smile formed on Bomi's lip. Now both were contempt with their apology that they were asking for.


 “Let's be friends! My name is Bomi!” She  stood up holding out her hand for the boy. “Sure!” The boy laughed taking her hand as she helped pulled him up onto his feet. "So what's your name?” Bomi asked as they walked side by side to the kindergarten door. “I'm Luhan.” He answered. “That's such a cool name! We're going to be great friends, Lulu!”

 


A/N: Sorry if it was too cheesy, I hope you guys still enjoy it! Comments are appreciated!