-sparks-

Sparks of Love

 

 

“Naeun,”

A voice – a deep voice was calling my name. A hand – a man’s hand was gently my hair. I opened my eyes, trying to see who but the bright sun behind him blinded my vision. I realized that I was laying on his laps.

“Naeun,” he called me again.

I tried to look at his face by putting my hand in front of me to prevent the sun from blinded my vision.

Then, I saw him.

He was smiling until his dimples could be seen, a jet black hair that was styled perfectly and his eyes – I don’t know if it was me but his pair of coffee eyes were sparkling.

I was stunned. My heart was beating like the sound of the alarm clock.

……

….

…wait, alarm clock?

 

BUMP!

 

“Aaaaahhhh,” I groaned as I opened my eyes and saw the messy room I slept in. Yeah, my room.

A sigh escaped from my lips. “A dream…”

But…his face was so familiar. Where did I see it?

 

 

----

 

 

I was at the hallway, heading towards my class.

That guy in my dream…why is it that his face was so familiar?

Since I was too immersed in thought, I tend to be in my own world where I didn’t care about my surroundings and so, I didn’t notice there was someone in front of me and as the result, my forehead had been crushed into someone’s (hard and solid!) back.

Inwardly, I took a few steps back and touched my forehead. Gosh, does his back made of metal?!

“Hey, don’t suddenly stop at the middle of the way!” because of the throbbing pain on my forehead and without even knowing who (because his back was still on me), I scolded him.

Few seconds later, I heard a low chuckles – obviously from this guy. Slowly, he turned around and I felt like my jaws had dropped to the floor.

Kim Myungsoo a.k.a my nightmare.

A smirk appeared on his lips. “Well, good morning to you too, Naeun-shi,” he sarcastically greeted me.

I shoot a sharp gazed towards him. “You…”

I looked at him from the bottom to top. That annoying disheveled hair of his, the black piercing on his left ear and the messiness of his uniform – in conclusion, everything about him just getting on my nerves.

“Done staring at me?”

He suddenly spoke as his face went closer to mine, still with that annoying smirk. I didn’t back away, no way. Probably if he did this to the other girls, they might be fainting but not me. His handsome face didn’t attract me – at all.

I pushed his face away by my hand. “Rather than staring at you, I will be rather spend my time sleeping. And please, this is a school not some night clubs that you could wear piercing,”

Being the school prefect, Kim Myungsoo is the worst of the worst. Ever since the first year, he’s the troublemaker of the school and I saw him as a challenge – a challenge for myself to turn him into a disciple student and no more Mr Troublemaker. Third year had long started and Kim Myungsoo…was still the same.  

Myungsoo scrunched his face in displeased and soon heaved a sigh. “The same thing over and over again...don’t you ever get tired with this, Son Naeun? Since the first year until now…don’t you ever get tired? Telling me the same thing, quarrel every time you and I bumped each other,” he said.

Tilting my head a bit and deepen my brows, I asked “What did you mean? Why would I –”

I had been cut off by the sound of the ringing bell.

“Now, go to your class. And please, tuck in your shirt properly Myungsoo,” I said, sharply gazed at him.

A smirked was playing on his lips as he whispered to my ear “How about you tuck in for me, Son Naeun?”

Hearing that, my face suddenly went red. I pushed him away from me as I shouted “Idiot! Do it yourself!” and dashed to my class.

Idiot Myungsoo!

 

 

---

 

 

Class had long finished but I stayed back for a while since I have things that I need to settle out before going home.

As I was walking along the hallway, I saw one of the class’s door was opened. I went towards the class to close the door but I didn’t when I saw someone was inside the class.

His head was on the table as his arms being the pillow. From the look of it, he must be sleeping. So without thinking twice, I went towards him to wake him up and when I was closer, I saw his face and it was Kim Myungsoo.

I don’t know why but I suddenly froze. Maybe because it’s the first time I saw his sleeping face which was way different when he was awake and being such a troublemaker.

His face was peaceful and angelic-like. Now that I looked long enough, he has long lashes and a nice sculptured nose. His jawline was obvious and has a nice shaped lips.

No wonder all the girls are swooning over him.

Just then, his eyes twitched as he groaned. I quickly backed away from his face. Clearing my throat, I said “K-Kim Myungsoo, wake up,”

His eyes opened as he lifted his head. He was looking at me for a moment and said “Oh, it’s you Son Naeun,” his voice was hoarse and low and I don’t know why my heart suddenly beating fast.

“I-I’m going home, don’t forget to close the door,” I said and was about to leave the class when he suddenly called me. I stopped and turned around.

“Let me walk you home,”

 

 

---

 

 

“Why are you walking behind me?” he stopped on his track as he asked me.

I frowned. “Why? Is it wrong?” I responded.

A sighed escaped from his lips. “Of course it’s wrong cause I couldn’t see you to know that you’re fine or not,” he stated as he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to his side.

I was stunned by his sudden action. I wanted to complain and scold him and pulled my wrist away from his grip but I didn’t – no, I couldn’t. It’s like I was under a spell that prevent me from doing all those things. God, what is happening to me?

Once we had reached to my house, I realized that he was still holding my wrist.

“Urm…Myungsoo…”

I shook my wrist a little. He noticed it and quickly released my wrist.

“Sorry, I didn’t realize that,” he apologized but I just shook my head saying “No, it’s alright.”

Silent. We had never been into this whole silent-awkward-situation because all these past years, all we had done was arguing and quarreling.

“Well then…thank you for walking me home, Myungsoo.” I said, managed to let my voice out.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow,” he replied, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“See you tomorrow too and I hope you take off that piercing tomorrow and be neat,” I managed to give him a few warnings.

He sighed and then chuckled. “You and your never-ending scolds to me,” he said with a low voice.

“Goodbye, Son Naeun,” he patted me on my head and with that, he leaved.

I was stunned, my body felt paralyzed because of his action. I don’t know why but my heart was beating fast…what was this strange feeling?

 

 

---

 

 

The next day, I went to school like usual, learning and studying, nothing strange and unusual except that I unconsciously trying to avoid Kim Myungsoo.

What’s happening with me? Well, I myself even didn’t know why I avoiding him. It’s just that whenever his shadow appeared, I will hide or took a different route just so that I would not bump into him.

I thought that this whole avoiding thing must be because of yesterday. Yesterday, I had this strange feeling when he patted me on the head and when I saw him sleeping. My heart suddenly beating fast and I thought that it was best that I avoided him until I figured out what was it.

And luckily we were in different classes so this thing was kind of an easy thing to do. So far, I managed to avoid him until the last bell of the day rang.

People were busy stuffing their things into their bag and went back home. As for me, I was still trying to solve the mathematics equation that Mrs Jang gave to us earlier.

For 15 minutes I tried to solve the equation but it was fruitless.

Ruffling my hair in frustration, I mumbled to myself, “Jeez, what’s with this question? It doesn’t make any sense,”

“Just put x here and solve it like usual,”

Startled by the sudden voice, I turned my head to my left and was surprised to see the face of the person I tried to avoid this whole day!

“K-Kim Myungsoo…” without even me realizing it, I had softly uttered his name.

He tore away his gazed from the math equation to me. Because the distance between our faces were so close, I could feel his warm breath on my skin. Our eyes met and we stared into each other eyes.

I don’t know, it seemed like time had stopped during that time. It’s like the world had stopped spinning.

And I, myself had probably let my guard down until I let him to kiss me – my first kiss.

It was a light, chaste kiss. Once the kiss broken, blood rushes to my face and realization hit me like a tidal wave.

Oh god, I just kissed Kim Myungsoo!

I pushed him away from me until he fell on the floor. I didn’t even apologize to him and quickly packed my things and leaved him alone, dumbfounded in the class.

 

 

---

 

 

That night, I couldn’t let the scene out of my head. What have you done to me, Kim Myungsoo?!

Gosh, I need to get this homework done but that scene didn’t want to leave my head!

Heaving a deep sighed, I figured I need some ice-creams to let my mind back to normal.

After having myself indulge into the sweetness and softness of the ice-cream, I decided to went back home. After all, the homework was waiting for me.

As I was walking along the road to my house, my eyes accidentally landed on a group of boys that was at the alley. I thought I would just ignore it and walk away but when I saw one familiar face in those group of boys, I couldn’t possibly ignore it.

Frowning, I was wondering what he was doing in that dark alley with those boys. But then, I saw him getting slapped on the face and I gasped in surprised.

God, that doesn’t seem good. I don’t know – I felt like this urge to go and help him. I know that I shouldn’t since I would just let myself into trouble and those boys could do something towards me but…I couldn’t just let it past by and I doubt it I would sleep knowing that.

So, with every ounce of bravery I had in me, I went towards the group of boys and stood in front of him.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, unexpectedly a slap had landed on my face – and it was so hurt and painful that I accidentally faint.

The last word before I was going unconscious was a voice, shouting my name.

“Naeun!”

 

 

---

 

 

“Naeun,”

That voice – that familiar voice. A hand was gently my hair.

The light behind him was so bright that it blinded my vision.

It was that dream. The dream that I had a few nights before.

“Naeun,” he called me again and this time, his image was slowly forming.

His jet black hair that looking perfectly fine, his pair of coffee eyes that was full of warmth and his radiant smile that showed his deep dimple.

Once the image had fully showed, I was jaw-dropped.

It was none other than – Kim Myungsoo.

“M-Myungsoo…” I muttered his name.

It was Kim Myungsoo all along…

 

 

---

 

 

“Naeun!” I heard my name being called, in a much more panicky way. Then, I felt a few gentle taps on my cheek, making me groaned slightly.

Twitching my eyes a few, I fluttered my eyes open just to be greeted by a worried face of Kim Myungsoo.

Seeing that I had opened my eyes, I saw him heaving a deep sighed of relief and heard him mumbled “Thank god, you’re awake.”

And I thought I saw he was smiling (?) A satisfying, relief smile.

I don’t know why but I took this chance to examine his whole features. Jet black hair, a pair of coffee eyes and a smile that showed his deep dimple.

This was exactly like the guy in my dream… Guess, it was really Kim Myungsoo then.

But…why the heck did he appeared in my dream?!

Does it have to do with what I had experienced these few days? With my heart beating so fast when I encountered with him?

“Naeun, are you okay?”

His voice suddenly interrupted my thought. I blinked a few times, trying to digest what he said.

“Y-Yeah, I’m okay but…” I don’t really remember what had happened to me.

“Hmm, what?” he asked as he looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

I looked away from his eyes, I don’t know but I think that my face had turned into the color of a cherry tomato.

Just then, I had realized something.

Wait…if Myungsoo face was above me, does that mean I was lying on his laps?

God, this is really embarrassing!

I felt like jumping off from his laps and ran away from him and buried my face in the ground!

After sometimes I was quite, he took the chance to talk.

“You know Naeun, it was pretty much impressive that you suddenly showed up and had gotten slap by a thug,”

Wait, what? Getting slap…by a thug?!

Then suddenly, the scene came back to me. Oh right, I saw him getting slapped on the face and I decided to help him but…I ended up getting a slap and the worse of all, fainted.

God, double embarrassment!

“But really, why did you do that?” he asked and my eyes were still glued on the ground, didn’t dare to look at him.

“I-I saw you when I was on my way home. I saw you getting slapped and – I don’t know, I just felt like going to you and help you but I guess, it wasn’t going as I planned.” I mumbled to him.

A gaggle of chuckles erupted from him, making me averted my eyes towards him. I was mesmerized by the dimple that shown at his left cheek as he was chuckling.

I couldn’t help it but to stare at how deep was his dimple was and having this urge to just stuck my finger in that cute dimple.

“You are cute, you know that,” I heard him saying. Did I heard it right, though?

He said I was cute?

I was stunned that I was speechless.

Seeing that I’m not saying anything, he continued.

“God, Naeun, you should know to not bother anyone business unless you know their purpose! We were just playing, you know and those ‘thugs’ were actually my friend. He felt bad though, for accidentally slapping you and making you fainted.”

Blinking my eyes a few time, my mind was trying to interpret what he had said.

Wait, what? They were just playing?! And it looked deadly serious and real to me!

“Gosh, why didn’t you put a sign or something saying that you guys were just goofing and playing around…” I mumbled in frustration.

God, I just wasted my time and energy going towards him, thinking that I could help him and worst of all, ended up getting a hard slap on the face.

And he chuckles, again. The sound of his chuckles was a really nice melody to my ears.

“After you fainted, I was really worried. I couldn’t possibly bring you back home since your parents might be questioning me about you. Thank goodness you’re awake after 15 minutes,”

He said, gazing at me as our eyes accidentally met. My heart was acting wild again.

I didn’t know what to do as his face was getting closer and closer to me. I could feel his warmth breath against my skin and suddenly, his soft lips touched against mine.

It hadn’t been a day but he already kissed me again. Why didn’t I push him away like I did during that evening?

Once the kiss broke, he was still gazing oh-so-lovingly to me as I felt the blood rushes to my cheek. He was my cheek as he said “Your cheek had turned red,”

I looked away from him. “It’s because of you…idiot,” I mumbled softly.

He chuckles. “Why? What did I do to make your cheeks turned red, Son Naeun?” he said, teasingly that made me embarrassed and annoyed that I ended up getting up from his laps and walked away from him.

Stupid, idiot Myungsoo. How my heart could beat fast for you?!

 Then, I felt a tug on my wrist, making me stopped on my track.

“Hey, are you going back home alone? You know it’s not safe for a girl to walk alone at night,” he said. And I don’t know why but it just made my blood boiled.

I spun around, facing him.

“You know what, I rather walk alone and face the danger than having you accompany me!” I spoke in rage as I tried to pull my wrist from his grip but it was fruitless.

“Let go of me, Kim Myungsoo!” I demanded as I tried to pull my wrist again from his grip.

But he still didn’t let me go but instead, he pulled me closer to him until I was in his embraced.

W-What is this?!

“I’m sorry. I guess you were embarrassed with me teasing you like that, that you ended up being annoyed by me, huh?” he muttered into my ears, which apparently managed to make me quite.

How he had hit the bull’s eye. How did he know it, really?

“I’m sorry but it is fun teasing you. The way you looked annoyed and frustrated were so adorable that making me to tease you even more, do you know that?”

I was still being silent so, he continued.

“I’m sorry for suddenly kissing you that evening. It was that one of those spur-of-moments, I guess. But really, Son Naeun, I wouldn’t kiss a girl if I hadn’t have feelings for her.”

I was still being silent as I was trying to digest all the words he had said. And once I realized what he had said at the end, I was stunned, bewildered.

“Son Naeun, I love you.” He whispered to my ears.

W-What…?

“I know we haven’t been on a good page ever since the first year but as time goes by, I fell for you. That’s why I had been a troublemaker and broke the rules just to get your attention.”

My eyes felt watery all of the sudden. His confessions sounded so genuine and sincere that it touched my heart.

“You know…” I suddenly said, making him let out a ‘hmm’

“I had a dream...with you in it.” I mumbled into his chest. Then, I heard him replied “Really?”

“Yeah, it was a nice dream. I was lying on your laps and you gently my hair, I was wondering why you appeared in my dream though,”

“Maybe because it meant that you and I are going to be together,”

Hearing him saying that, I giggled. He sounded cheesy and corny and I have never heard him saying things like this.

“Why are you laughing?” he said and pulled me away from him but still held my arms.

“Nothing, it’s just that – I had never heard you saying something so corny like this though,” I said, still giggling.

Then, I saw his lips forming a smirk as he whispered “You will hear a lot of those corny words from now so, be prepared Son Naeun,”

I felt like there were something stuck at my throat as I cleared my throat and replied “I-I didn’t even saying anything yet so –”

“Don’t worry, I know you love me too, based on your redden cheeks after I had kissed you.” He said oh-so-confidently that making me so annoyed with him!

“God, Kim Myungsoo! I –”

My words had been cut off when suddenly I felt his lips was against mine, again.

After a breathless moment, he tore the kiss away as we both gazed into each other eyes.

“I love you, Son Naeun.”

I was taking a few breath before I could finally said the three words.

“I love you too, Kim Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Few months later-

 

 

News had been spreading around the school, stating that I had been dating Kim Myungsoo. They were all wondering how the heck did I – the prefect – was now dating with Kim Myungsoo – the troublemaker.

Some of them were okay with me going out with him but some of them were being skeptical of us. I don’t care though, it’s not my business anyway. As long as I was still breathing, I don’t care what they were saying about us – all I know was that, we were happy.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo! How many times did I tell you to tuck in your shirt properly! ”

It was one of those usual morning at school, where I would start my day by scolding – none other than – the school’s troublemaker.

A smirk broke across his lips as he said “How about you tuck in for me this time?”

I felt my cheeks grew hot as I replied “Kim Myungsoo, don’t –”

Just before I could finish my scolds, he had just to peck me on the lips. I was froze. I still didn’t get used with this whole-lovingly-thing.

My heart was still beating so fast when he always gazed me with those pair of lovely coffee eyes that making me breathless as he said “I love you, Son Naeun,”

“Kim Myungsoo, please behave yourself! We are at the school here!” I whispered-scold to him as I managed to find my voice back. I could feel my cheeks had grew even redder.

With his smirk still plastered on his face, he said “That’s not the kind of replies that I expected, Son Naeun-shi.”

I know what kind of replied you wanted but it’s embarrassing!

After being silent for a few moments, I took a deep breath as I looked at him and softly mumbled “I love you too,”

He gave me one of those smile – the smile that showed his deep, lovely dimple as he patted my head.

“See you when I see you, Son Naeun,” he said as he gave a quick kiss on my forehead.

With that, he started to walk away, leaving me behind all stunned by his sudden action.

As I was staring at his retreating figure, a smile broke on my face.

I guess, he appeared in my dream meant that I will fell in love with him.

Idiot, I didn’t know why I love you but all I know is that you are full of colors that could sparks the happiness inside me.

 

 

__________________________________________________________