Saturday Night's Trick

Saturday Night's Trick

 

               I, named Calvin Chen, didn’t understand about love at all. Unfortunately, things around me didn’t help me out. Chun and Ella had acted as a couple, and it turned out that Aaron and Jiro had gone out together for several times (which was suspicious for me, actually). I thought I would never make any progress on my love life until one day Chun came up with an idea.

                “Don’t you want to have any girlfriend, Calvin?” that brainless, absent-minded Chun grinned at me. I just glared at him. Of course, I would like to date a pretty good girl that exceeds my standard.

                “Let me tell you something: I don’t mind to lend you my Ella for a night. I will hold a party at a hotel room next week, and you can do whatever you want to her. Well, maybe, you’ll learn about love with your body afterwards,” he smirked. I didn’t like to be dragged around like that, but that time I felt hopeless. Without a second thought, I nodded, which I would regret later on.

                Seven days after I accepted Chun’s offering, I drove my red sport car to a hotel that he mentioned earlier. I walked along the hallway to a room that he had told me by phone that evening. I knocked before I turned the doorknob and walked in. Chun, sitting on a sofa, was embracing Ella who curled on his lap. Aaron cuddled on the bed and Jiro caressed him softly. The room looked like as if a hurricane hit it a minute ago – the drawers were ajar, blankets were sprawled everywhere, there was a red puddle on the carpet (what was it?) and pillows were thrown away. I frowned, since it wasn’t a good sight at all. I was about to leave when Chun grabbed my hand and pulled me to the sofa next to him.

                In a minute, things were out of control.  After they drank some alcohol, Jiro, with a very red face, muttered that he had some “businesses” to be taken care of with Aaron and they left with sheepish grins (few hours later, I swore I heard Aaron screamed “Da Dong!” and huffs and pants and then the bed creaked loudly next door. I wondered what they were doing).  Chun started to pass glasses of clear liquids and the next thing I knew I was slumped on the bed.

 

 

                I growled and opened my eyes lazily as I heard an alarm rang beside me. I tried to block the blinding sunlight from my sight as I buried my face on the pillow. I felt extremely tired and all heavy and I couldn’t move a muscle. Hangover, I grunted to myself. I bet it was the effect of the alcohol Chun gave me last night. Where was he, anyway? But then my eyes were widened and I jerked up when I realized two things.

                First, I was . I only had my boxers on.

                Second, I felt something warm around my thigh. I looked down to see a woman’s hands were wrapped around it.

                Maybe my sudden movement had awakened Ella up. I could feel she rustled restlessly before she slowly opened her eyes and poked her head out of the blanket.  She rubbed her eyes just to find out that her hands were landed on inappropriate places of mine. I looked directly into her eyes. She stared back at me.

                Then, we both screamed with our high pitched voices.

                “What have you done to me, you ert!” Ella raised the blanket until it reached the bottom of her chin, and she started to throw numerous things that she could reach at me.

                “Hey! I was about to ask the same question!” I tried to defend myself with my pillow. Hell, her cell phone could have hit my forehead. She quickly wore her clothes on and she raced outside the room to save her dear life, leaving me with my jaw dropped.

                Seconds later, Chun rushed in. I could tell that he had been running. He panted and sweats fell down from his forehead, and his clothes looked messy.

                “For God’s sake, Chun, where have you been?” I snapped angrily as he leaned himself on the wall; his face looked alarmed.

                “I heard Ella was screaming,” he said, ignoring my question. “What’s going on?”

                “Something wrong is going on!” I yelped hysterically, “that Ella girl sure have guts to force me to do it! It’s your fault, Chun, and your damn alcohol!”

                “Do what?” Chun tilted his head and gave me a questioning look. “Wait, don’t tell me that—“

                “Yes! Look at me! I’m ! I didn’t remember anything; I guess I passed out last night, so it was impossible for me to do it! It must be her!”

                “Wait a sec,” Chun gawped, “what day was yesterday?”

                “Err… Saturday?” I frowned.

                “Oh no,” he looked shocked. Certainly, something awful did happen, I could see it from his expression.

                “What’s up?”

                “I guess,” Chun said carefully, “she was mistaken. You know, we usually stay in a hotel for a day or two every Saturday night. Maybe, under the effect of the alcohol, she thought that you were me!”

                Oh, I could recall it little by little. Ella, half , crawled across the bed toward me, and then she moaned “Wu Chun,” softly on my ears, right down to my neck, while she was ing my shirt. I couldn’t blame her; her mind wasn’t clear at all, due to the effect of the alcohol. But still, it wasn’t a justification for Chun!

                “Wait, wait, wait,” I raised my eyebrows, “She was excited to meet you last night, Chun. What do you do to her every Saturday night, anyway?”

                “What else?” Chun shrugged; he slightly blushed.

                “Well, that’s not the point!” I cornered him, “I don’t know whether I did something wrong with her or not! Damn, I’m curious about what did we do last night!”

                “I’m afraid,” Chun backed off slowly, ready to escape from an angry predator in front of him, “that this isn’t your fault. I guess it’s hers.”

                At that very moment, I (literally) kicked him out of the room.

 

 

                Although it wasn’t clear what did actually happen between me and Ella that night, after that accident, I could hardly trust Chun. Poor him, he just wanted to help; but first of all, that was enough for me, and I didn’t want to repeat the same mistake once again. Secondly, I guess I could date any girls I wanted if I really worked on it. Oh, I forgot to tell you, it’s still a mystery, up until now, what kind of “business” did Jiro and Aaron do together. Most of all, Ella avoided me by chance (every time Chun saw this, he glared at me). Besides those, things gradually became better.

                Life is good, I can tell you. You don’t have to rush things, especially love, since it will come naturally to you. The most important thing is to be patient. I’m still seeking for my true love, and in my journey, I learn that patience is virtue. One more thing to say: don’t ever, EVER, bring a drunk woman in to a hotel room with you, especially if you’re a good-looking boy like me, or you’ll get an unpleasant result.