Final

Koizora.

Last five years on this date, we met for the first time in our life.  I still remember I was hung over by the party that Jongdae held on his house. It was a birthday party and everyone was raving their heads off. I could not even remember why, but I remembered saying to myself, ‘Screw this !’ and drank a couple of shots. Or dozens of them. I don’t remember, it makes no big difference.

I woke up late the next morning and I had an important meeting to attend that morning so I rushed out of my home without even glancing my own reflection on the mirror. Big mistake. The next thing I knew, I was running my off to the nearest bus station thinking to myself, ‘Demmit, Baekhyun ! Why do you always get into trouble like this ?’

I arrived at the bus stop and I was catching my breathe when suddenly I saw a guy with big oggly eyes, staring quite intensely at me. At first I thought it was because I was sweating profusely, but after a few minutes and he still gave me that glare, I was starting to get annoyed. I remembered giving him an eyebrow jerk when suddenly he came towards my direction and said, “I am sorry if you caught me staring, but I can’t help myself… .” I was about to retaliate with a smartass comment and trying to ignore his deep voice,  but suddenly, “… I think your shirt is inside out.”

The next thing I remembered was the feel of the blood rushing to my cheeks and not feeling my knees anymore because I was too damn embarrassed from the whole situation. I was fidgeting and panicking, not knowing what to do and I still couldn’t find the right words to say to the guy and , he’s still here, but suddenly, I felt a pair of arm circling my shoulder and suddenly there was a coat surrounding my body and I remembered thinking ‘whoaa this is a hugeeee coat,’ because it reached past my knees but then I lifted my head and and oh, this guy is at least a head taller than I am, which explains why.

Two pair of eyes met and I saw his teeth, which was enormous and organised and oh this is such a turn on but then suddenly the said something but I didn’t catch what since I was eyeing his teeth the whole time.

“I think I at least have the right to know the name of the man that I lend my coat to, don’t you think ?” The guy said and I suddenly realized that I haven’t blurted out a single word since we met. Still stunned, I couldn’t bring myself to say anything and he lifted his left eyebrow out of curiosity. “Okay. Let me start off first. I’m Park Chanyeol, by the way,” and he offered his right hand to me, as a sign of introduction and greeting. I blinked three times before stuttering “I’m Byu—Byun. Byun Baekhyun,” and took his hand. It was warm.

“Oh, so you do have a voice ! I was starting to think that maybe you’re a mute or something,” and he chuckled. My breaths stopped. I know I can be such a drama king sometimes, but I swear to god, I stopped breathing for five seconds. Then I realized I’ve been holding my breath all along and I inhaled a deep one. “Erm, thanks. For this coat, Mr. Park.”

The guy grinned and there it was again, the majestic line of his glorious whte and sparkly teeth. “Please drop the honorific. You can just call me Chanyeol. And don’t worry about the coat, I’m glad to help, Baekhyun. Oh, can I call you that ?”

Stop staring at his damn teeth, you stupid —“Su—sure.” I saw him biting his lower lips, as if he was thinking about something and what he said surely brought me back to the ground.

“I’m sorry to ask, but how did you end up wearing your shirt inside out ? Are you in a rush or something?”

“ !”

The next thing I knew,  I was running away from the bus stop to catch a ride in a stopping cab. I didn’t even had a time to look back but I knew that the guy was confused and surprised  by  the way he called my name a few times.

That guy was you.

___

The second time we met was almost two weeks after that. I’d been feeling so guilty from leaving you without knowing more than your name and I’ve been carrying your coat to work every day ever since with a slight hope of meeting you again. But that day, was my day off but I wanted to try my luck because damn.. that pair of teeth and your deep baritone voice was not something that I could forget so easy, so I decided to head towards that bus stop again.

I sat there for forty five minutes and I was starting to lose hope. My head stooped so low that I could only see the shoes of the passerbies when suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I lifted my head and I saw that blinding smile again. “I knew it was you,” you said. “But before you go off running again, can you at least give me your number ?” And without realizing I was grinning at you from ear to ear.

“It’s my day off, and I’ll give you my number if you agree to at least let me treat you a cup of coffee,” Oh. My. God. Did I just ask this guy out ? Byun Baekhyun, what are you even—and your forehead was all creased out, as if you were thinking so hard and I was so damn afraid that I would get rejected and embarrassed myself, what if he’s not even gay WHAT THE HECK—

“I would be happy to go, but..” THAT’S IT ! PERHAPS HE IS NOT EVEN SINGLE—“I prefer tea more,” you said with before flashing a smile and those eyes were so beamy and is that a freaking dimple ? And I suddenly felt as if my soul was being out from my body.

___

 

A couple of teas and dates later, we were officially official. You being the romantic in this relationship confessed to me while we were sitting on a green bench at the park near your house and it was so simple because like you said, it was what I am, a simple man. It was clear and vivid in my head, it still is.

“Baek.”

“Hmm ?” I hummed, too focused on the sunset, which was painting the sky orange and blue, and some lines of red and purple, like a vast realistic painting in a midnight are gallery. Suddenly you scooted closer towards me and had both of my shoulder in the grips of your hands, and slowly I was pulled to my right, facing you off directly and we exchanged stares. There it was. That beautiful eyes of yours again. The ones that I’d been dreaming since our first encounter and was that admiration I saw ? Or maybe even infatuation ?

“Baek.” There it goes again. That voice of yours that won’t stop playing in my head since and I swear it made me feel like doing somersaults in the middle of this park right that moment.

“Yes, Chanyeol ?”

“Would you be the rhapsody to my beating heart ?”

And I swear my heart was beating loudly that I couldn’t even hear my own voice saying “Yes, Chanyeol, I would love to.”

 

___

 

Today, five years after our first encounter, here I am, standing on the same bus stop where we first met, smiling blankly while staring at the sky above. I suddenly remembered the scene after you confessed to me, where we both stare at the sky and was too caught up with our own feelings, when suddenly , “Baek, have you watched Koizora ?” in which I said, I haven’t and you deliberately gave me the most loud, obnoxious, exaggerated gasp I ever heard.

“Baek, you did not just told me you haven’t watch Koizora for your twenty-three years of living ?”

“That was what I just said, Chanyeol,” I replied, obviously amused by the reaction that you were giving me.

“Okay that’s it. We’re gonna watch it tonight, in my house, on my couch. I’m sure I kept the movie somewhere alongside my other chick flicks DVDs.” Chanyeol started rambling, which, curse me, but I found it terribly endearing and heartwarming.

“Chanyeol, you’re more girly than a high school cheerleader.”

“There’s nothing wrong with fangirling over Haruma Miura once in a while,” you answered before we both burst into giggles.

So that night, we both snuggled on the couch with a bowl of popcorn that you prepared beforehand, and we spent the whole two hours watching the movie and I spent thirty minutes afterwards wiping your inconsolable tears because the story was “so sad and depressing yet beautiful” to you while listening to your rant on how stoic and heartless I am for not shedding any tears at all after watching that heart-breaking love story.

 

At that time I probably agreed that I was kinda indifferent when it comes to tragic tales or emotion-wrecking dramas, but two years after, I was the epitome of a sentimental soul, always tearing up whenever I pass by the bus stop that we first bumped into each other’s lives, persistently avoiding from going to the park where we first became official lovers, fearing that I would crumble to pieces and definitely couldn’t stare at the sunset with the constant ache in my heart that never resides since.

 

And now every time I see the sky I was always reminded on how you love Koizora. And how I need to be stronger than Mika who lost Hiro due to cancer.

It’s just that, the only thing that was different was that I lost you to a tragic car accident two years after we got together.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

Okay, shoot me x___x