Final

Confusion

 im sORRY

unedited bc lazy and impatient

lmao


“I think we should break up,” Minseok whispers one night, as they’re lying side-by-side, arms lightly brushing.

And truthfully, it doesn’t hurt as much as he would’ve thought it would. Because before they were boyfriends, they were best friends. First and foremost, they were friends—friends that kissed, yeah—but friends.

Maybe that’s why it doesn’t hurt as much. Because Luhan never really thought of Minseok in that way.


Luhan thinks one day, hand stuck mindlessly in a Pringles tube, legs splayed over the back of the couch, that Oh Sehun should be illegal.

He’s got the kind of legs that could go on for days, and an that wriggles its way into his dreams at night, and it’s so unfair to be honest. He was never this infatuated with Minseok’s , and dear lord, that was a very shapely , thank you very much.

So why now, and why Sehun, he wonders.

“Hyung,” the aforementioned boy mutters, walking sluggishly towards him, droopy-eyes and sleep-deprived, so Luhan moves his legs so the younger boy can sit down. Still half asleep, Sehun just moves the legs back onto his lap, so Luhan is as straight as a sardine, and kneads at the soft flesh of strong calves.

And Luhan absolutely should not be blushing. But he is. And Pringles be damned, he was going to get to the bottom of this.


“Minseok, I—” he goes to start one afternoon, sitting next to his best friend, Jongdae on the other side of the couch, and the pretty boy grimaces and shudders, because out of all of the things he could live with not seeing, Jongdae’s kissy face was in the top two. Right next to Junmyeon in a mud mask.

His friend turns to him and raises an eyebrow, small hands playing with his boyfriend’s fingers, “So, have you confessed yet, Lu?”

Luhan sputters for about five minutes, feeling scandalised at the peals of laughter that escape Jongdae and Minseok. How dare they do this to him?

“Confessed to who?” he asks, and Minseok gives him the best friend look that translates into you’re a real , one eyebrow raised and all, so he just repeats his question.

Minseok stands up and whisks Jongdae away, and Luhan sits stumped in his seat, muttering to himself.

“Confessed to who?”


Luhan wakes up one day to Sehun in his bed, and his first instinct is to kick the boy out from under his sheets. But, as he looks at the perfectly innocent face, adorable blonde hair, and beautiful lips, he can’t find it in himself to do it.

Instead, he spends the rest of his morning on his side, sheets up to his chin, and he traces his youngest member’s side profile with his eyes. He wonders what it would be like to draw an invisible line in between those two furrowed brows, up the slope of his perfect nose, only to dip down and touch those petal pink lips.

Warmth blooms in his chest, like the first sip of a warm drink in winter, and he’s never felt this way before. It scares him.


The next time it happens, they’re in the recording studio, and as Sehun does his rap successfully the first attempt, Luhan finds his eyes crinkling into crescents, mouth opening into a wondrous smile, arms opening as the boy comes out all smiles. His spirits lift as the boy comes barrelling into him, wiry arms wrapping around his waist, and Luhan feels himself warm up that little bit more.


The warm feeling washes over him more and more often, as he spends more time with the younger boy, and watches him laugh, grow and be carefree. And of course there are times when he can’t see the boy due to different schedules—even different countries, at times—but it is always refreshing to see the boy’s pixelated face over Skype, or an adorable good morning message adorned completely with a cute emoticon.

In short, Sehun gives Luhan too many feels, and he literally cannot.


Luhan gets really angry one day, and he doesn’t know why. He watches Sehun play around with Tao, all smiles and innocent tickle fights, but something about it doesn’t sit well with the pretty male. He finds himself frowning, lips turned downward instead of upwards, and he escapes to his room as fast as possible, beating heart and all.

He doesn’t know what’s wrong with him.


“Stop hanging around Tao so much.”

Sehun looks up from his video game at lightning speed, and Luhan is flustered that he had actually said that out loud. Sehun’s kart crashes in Mario Kart, but he stands up with an indiscernible face. Luhan narrows his eyes, stance strong, arms crossed.

“Hyung,” the younger boy starts, slowly making his way over, “Are you jealous?”

Luhan just glares at the taller boy, face turning increasingly red. “Of course not. I just don’t want you to hang around him so much.”

“Sounds like jealousy to me, Hyung,” Sehun coos, eyebrows raised, and Luhan wants to wipe that stupid smirk off of Sehun’s stupidly handsome face. He frowns, cute, little button nose crinkling in the act, as he just shrugs it off and walks away.

Sehun smiles at the sight of Luhan stomping his way through the corridor.


They’re alone at the dorm one day, and Luhan is lazing around in his pyjamas, making some ramen, curly blonde hair in a nest atop his pretty head, when Sehun comes up behind him and wraps long arms around his waist, and Luhan chokes on a spoonful of soup.

“What are you doing, Sehun?” he yells, turning around and watching the taller boy shrink back in slight fear. He softens his voice, turning off the stove, “I could’ve hurt you or myself.”

“Sorry, Lu,” Sehun responds, as he toes the carpet, looking down in obvious guilt. Luhan is torn between wanting to hit himself in the face for making the boy sad, and going up to hug him as an apology, “I just wanted to invite you to the park.”

Now, Luhan really wants to throw the boiling ramen soup onto himself.

“Yeah, sure Sehun-ah,” he responds, taking the pot off of the stove, “But we need to eat this ramen first.”

Luhan has never seen the boy eat faster than he did that day.


They walk to the park, and Luhan rubs his hands together to fight the chill in the air. Sehun notices, and grabs the boy’s hands into his own, taking off his right glove to shove it onto Luhan’s.

“Sehun-ah,” his hyung laughs, taking jolly steps, “Now my left hand and your right hand are going to end up being frozen.”

Sehun doesn’t say anything, but comes to stand right beside him, reaching to intertwine their gloveless hands, and he stuffs them both into his coat pocket.

“Not now,” he says coolly, even though he’s freaking out on the inside, because Luhan’s hand was so pretty, and it felt so small in his own, and dear god, if he started sweating he was just going to dig himself a hole and jump into it.

Luhan blushes the rest of the walk, and no matter how many times Sehun might try to deny it with, “it’s just the cold,” he was too.


They reach the park in record time and all Luhan wants to do is sit on the swings, but Sehun is adamant about squashing both of them into a small, plastic, blue tube. Luhan really doesn’t want to get sand on his jeans, but follows Sehun anyway, because what kind of Hyung would he be if he didn’t?

So, there they are.

Luhan must admit that they must look like quite the sight, with his knees against his chest, and Sehun’s just barely fitting in, because his long torso is taking up a lot of the space. They make it work anyway, and Luhan doesn’t know how.

He waits for Sehun to speak, because the younger is fiddling with his adorable beanie, and he’s got a habit of biting his lips when he has something he really wants to say. Luhan just stays quiet, listening to the sound of their combined pants, and he has to admit that it is quite warm.

Even like this, uncomfortable and squished, Luhan feels that heat enter his chest once more.

“I—” the younger mutters, and Luhan thinks that if he fiddles with the beanie any longer, its threads are going to start falling apart. He reaches out a hand to rest it on Sehun’s hand, and the younger boy immediately stops, eyes wide.

“What is it, Hun-ah?” Luhan questions, eyes closing as he smiles.

Sehun leans forward in the small space and while Luhan wonders, how, he places a chaste kiss on his lips, and pulls away beet red, and Luhan is left stuttering as the younger boy goes back to fiddling with his beanie.

“Why did you—” he goes to ask, but Sehun quickly interrupts him.

“I like you, Hyung,” Sehun whispers, eyes stuck to (where Luhan suspects is) the floor, face as red as a tomato, and then all of a sudden it hits the pretty male. He wants to face palm, but just whispers back, “I like you too.”

And now, they’re both stuttering messes, until Luhan speaks up once more, hands sweating, “Can I get another kiss?”

Sehun is all too ready to oblige. 


I applaud you, if you have come this far. 

Thank you for reading huehue (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ