Epilogue

If I Should Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long for this epilogue. 

Please don't expect too much from this because it's really crappy lol and not proofread

Also, there's an a/n at the bottom. 

----------------------------------------------

               

The sound of children greeting their teacher enthusiastically was heard along with the shuffling of feet and dragging of chairs. Laughter and talking could be hear from outside the four cornered room decorated with colorful posters and drawings. Later on, a few kids started going out of the room and running towards their parents; greeting them with bugs hugs and kisses as they started talking about what happened during class for the day.

Usually, Donghae would have just sat patiently by the corridors and wait for Henry to exit the classroom but today it was different. He was tapping his foot on the floor and continuously bit his bottom lip as he checked his watched for the nth time ever since he arrived at Henry’s kindergarten to fetch him.

“Appa!” A cheerful yet nasal voice from the opposite side of the corridor took his attention from his persistent worries at that time.

“Henry!” He responded back with a wide smile and knelt down on the floor to reach his son’s level. Henry bumped into him with a big hug as he kissed his son’s hair and he immediately started fussing about him. “My baby, how was school today?” He cooed as he brushed the boy’s fringe to the side. “Why do you have dark circles under your eyes? Did your cold get better? Hm?”

“Appa,” Henry answered as they began walking towards the school’s exit. “We played a lot of games today and learned a lot about more words!” He excitedly shared while holding his father’s hand. “But during rest time, the room became cold even though teacher provided us blankets so my nose didn’t feel well.” He whined a bit.

“But it’s okay now since I’m outside and it’s not that cold any-oh, appa! It’s Heechul hyung!” He was stopped from his ramblings as he pointed to the man standing near a white car parked on the side. He smiled brightly and ran towards the man while waving hello.

“Hyung, sorry for making you wait so long. Henry was dismissed a bit late.” Donghae said as he approached them and helped Henry get in the car.

“It’s okay. I didn’t wait that long.” Heechul smiled. Once the two were settled inside the car and Henry buckled up on his baby seat, they drove off while sharing a conversation from time to time.

Henry later on interrupted by asking a question. “Appa, where are we going? We are going the wrong way, aren’t we going home?” His almond eyes were unsurely scanning the road they were taking and looked back at his father.

Donghae chuckled a bit as he adjusted the boy’s jacket. “We’re going to daddy’s work place today to have dinner with him afterwards.” He explained and let out a warm smile as Henry cheered out of happiness.

 

 

 

 

 

“Daddy!” Henry barged in one of the dance studios and Donghae let out a squeak of surprise.

He chased after his son, knowing that Henry might disturb the trainees during their practice. “Henry,” He called, approaching the door left open by his son, he peeked in the room only to find the room with laughter and a group of people gathered in a circle.

Donghae cautiously walked into the room and knocked lightly at the already opened door. About three of the teenagers noticed him and enthusiastically greeted him with a bow, one of them approaching a man who near the speakers and holding Henry who was burying his head in the man’s neck because of shyness. The girl pointed at Donghae and the man met his eyes with a bright smile.

“Donghae,” Hyukjae called with gentleness and adoration laced in his voice. “You came. How was your day?” He asked, placing a peck on the thin lips and afterward hugging the shorter’s slim waist.

“Good. I had fun with Heechul hyung and he came with me to fetch Henry.” He answered back with another smile as he closed the door, and Hyukjae guided them into the room.

“These are the new students I’m training, by the way.” He settled Henry down on the floor, but the boy only hugged his leg again. Donghae greeted the girls again with a slight bow and handshakes. “He’s my wife.”

The students giggled as did Donghae, lightly smacking Hyukjae’s arm and the older let out a gummy smile. After the introductions, he asked Henry and Donghae if he would like to see the girls’ debut dance. They both sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter