Chapter 2

Move On Or Have I?

Chapter 2

Bom was emotionally wrecked for months after breaking up with Jiyong. Moreover, with her pregnancy, her health deteriorated and her family decided to accompany her back to Paris to recuperate and await the birth of the child.

But being a strong-willed girl, she refused to be looked upon as the helpless unwed mother. She returned to Seoul and continued to establish her fashion brand, with footprint across Asia within a year.

It was a painful and tiring 6 months for her – having to see to every details of her collection while ensuring that she got enough rest. Moreover, she has to face the person who broke her heart frequently since they belonged to the same social circle. She tried her best to avoid him but their fate seems to interlink. The couple always bumps into each other constantly at functions and to make it worse, she has to act nonchalant at times when Kiko accompanied him to such outings. Every time, she has to bit her lips hard to remind herself that she is over the break-up and unaffected by their presence. She has to show everyone that she is enjoying life without him by her side. The media was busy connecting the three together but Bom and Jiyong were PR savvy to avoid being drawn into such discussions.  

But no matter how they plan and strategize, there is no way the couple can avoid each other as they are linked together forever with the decision to have the baby. Jiyong has made Bom agree to have him share the responsibility of the baby and that meant access to the baby at any time. Bom rejected the idea initially cos she could not bear the thought of having him close by all the time. But with the persuasion of Jiyong’s parents and some tears from his mother, Bom agreed to the arrangement reluctantly.

And since then, Jiyong’s mum has been a regular visitor to her apartment, bringing with her tonic and Jiyong also visited her frequently, with the excuse of delivering the baby items to her. There were times, when Bom will think that they will have a chance to get back together but for some reason, it will always end in heart ache for her. His girlfriend will always popped up for some reason whenever Bom entertained such thoughts.

As her delivery date draws nearer, Jiyong was paying more attention to her and such actions just made it worse for Bom. It may be due to her hormones or simply stress, Bom literally broke down one of the evening after Jiyong left her apartment. He was over at her place fixing up the baby cot till late that night and Bom has fallen asleep on her couch.

Reluctant to wake her up, Jiyong has carried her to her room, putting her gently on the bed. His fingers brushed her cheek lightly and unable to control himself, he pecked on her forehead and muttered softly, “I am sorry, Baby Love. I know you are very tired and you have to go through this alone.” He held her hand and brushed his lips on it before leaving the room, knowing that he will break down any minute.

Tears that were pooling in her eyes since she heard him streamed down her cheeks when the door closed. She was crying uncontrollably to sleep that night with those words of his.

Just like Bom, Jiyong has thoughts of getting back with her. But will she ever forgive him for breaking her heart? He knows it was a difficult decision for her to agree to the shared responsibility of their baby; ultimately she does not need any financial support from him at all. It was only for the good of their baby that she agreed to such an arrangement. He knew Bom was still hurting from the break-up and she was trying her best to be cordial for the sake of their baby.

Throughout her whole pregnancy, he has witnessed how she has blossomed especially at the second trimester of her pregnancy. She was glowing with radiance and the baby bump actually increased her femininity. Bom was still bewitching many hot blooded males at all the social functions even thou she was obviously pregnant. They were still enthralled by the Barbie doll with her doe-eye. And of course, it does not go down well with Jiyong cos as he put it, she is the mother of his child, refusing to admit that he was in fact jealous.

His heart pained whenever he caught her massaging her back subtly at the social functions, knowing that her backache is acting up again or when she constantly blinked her eye, trying to keep them open as those boring functions dragged on through the night.

Many times, he wanted to pull her into his embrace as he witnessed other males flirting with her but was always held back by Kiko who has been accompanying him to the functions.